Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 18:27
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Is anyone here working out to this DVD? I just started level 2 on Saturday and it is so hard...especially the plank stuff.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-09, 19:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/145/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

I used to do this video a lot... I'm going to start up with it again... its an awesome workout
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-11-09, 08:12

Plan: LC and almost vegan/IF
Stats: 190/179.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Wow I just did my first day on it .... wow whew ... Pretty tough for just 20 minutes huh? So excited about it though. How long did it take you to go to level 2?? Ok off to do my walk now.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-11-09, 14:38

BF:

I gotta say I am feeling it already and it's only been a few hours. I am an active person and walk 5miles most days. I have done the BL Yoga DVD for 6 weeks and various others. This one kicked in pretty fast...lol

I was kinda bummed when I went to sign up for her 30 day trial thing and they wanted a credit card. I would forget to cancel and I am not going to pay $4 a week right now. Ah well such is life.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-23-09, 18:12

Plan: As low as possible
Stats: 116/116/112 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm doing the shred. I stayed on level I for three workouts. I rested every other day but did other things on those days. I started level II this morning.....tough workout. but I already feel my body adapting. Today's workout wasn't as bad as the level I first day.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-24-09, 09:20

BF:

I did level one each day for 12 days and started level 2 on the 13th day.... I am doing it straight through and not letting my body rest like is suggested. I love that it's only 30 minutes a day...
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 23:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/165/130 Female 164
BF:
Progress: 30%

I love this DVD! The workouts are short and really effective in losing body fat especially around the midsection.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-09, 12:57

Plan: Atkins 92
Stats: 260/200/175 Female 72 inches
BF:Size 20/12/10
Progress: 71%

I just did Level 1 for the first time yesterday - WOW. I really didn't think it would be that difficult but I was sweating and cursing Jillian by the end. The only issue I have with it is that I feel that the dumbbell exercises require a different weight for each exercise - doing curls with 3lbs isn't really a workout for me, but I can't do shoulder presses with 10lbs, etc. Not a big deal, I just kept all of my dumbbells nearby and picked up the ones I thought were most appropriate for each set. I'm not planning on doing this daily, but I will add it to my rotation (which includes a longer, more thorough weight routine and yoga). I also bought her "No More Trouble Zones" video, but after the Shred, I'm a little scared - NMTZ is over 40 mins!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-09, 20:23
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 128/120/118 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 80%

I've done the Shred and loved it. I've moved onto NMTZ and BFBM and let me just say wow!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-16-09, 15:30

Plan: Atkins 92
Stats: 260/200/175 Female 72 inches
BF:Size 20/12/10
Progress: 71%

Have been using this video now for about 2 weeks, 2 times a week (interspersed with yoga and weight training). It's still kicking my butt on level 1, although I think that's partially because I am able to do more at the beginning (pushups and squats), but those tire me out for the rest. Anyway, I think it's definitely an effective workout when you only have a short window of time. I may do level two soon even though I haven't "mastered" level 1 yet, just for some variety.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-12-10, 14:01

Plan: South Beachy/ My Plan
Stats: 206/159.0/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Anyone still doing this workout?

If so, it is really ok to do this 7 days a week?
I thought that when working with weights that you should have a rest/ cardio day to rebuild muscle....?

Have done this video, level 2, 5 times since last Monday and my arms are getting more and more toned by the day, I am addicted, I want to do it again tonight but don't know if it is ok to do daily...?
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 07:21

Plan: As low as possible
Stats: 116/116/112 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hmmm I never really even knew you were supposed to keep doing it every day without a day of rest. I might go back to it and do that but right now I'm working out to barre work. I switch off what types of exercises I do every few months.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-13-10, 10:23

Plan: South Beachy/ My Plan
Stats: 206/159.0/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

THe name "30 Day Shred" kind of gets me confused.... In 30 straight days you'll be shredded or after 30 days of doing the dvd you'll be shredded?

I was reading and article in SELF magazine last night that had advice from Jillian and she said ALWAYS take 2 rest days from working out so I guess that answers the question....

I definitely agree with the "shred" part thought, last night I went all out and did all Level 1 AND circuits 1 & 3 of Level 2, kicked my own butt!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 09:45
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

I am still loving this DVD. I have started to do it regularly again and it kills me every time!

I read online from quite a few people who were doing it daily. It is confusing though for Jillian to say take 2 days rest.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 10:03

Plan: LC
Stats: 170/129.8/125 Female 5'1.5
BF:
Progress: 89%

I like this workout too. I aimed for the 30 days straight but found after 5 days I became fatigued and wasn't able to use the heavier dumbells I started with on Day 1. I took 2 days off and then did a similar type circuit workout on the third day and feel strong again. I plan to use it regularly but probably no where near 30 days straight! It kind of annoys me that Jillian doesn't make the goals more clear in the intro of the workout. For me I think I tended to go with the biggest loser workout mentality that we must workout daily for hours a day like they portray on the show. I heard Jillian speak somewhere recently about the ideas presented on the show are for "reality show" purposes only and she only recommends about 4 hours a week of exercise to lose weight and get in shape. She herself states she only works out 3 days a week but of course she is maintaining her fitness rather than losing so that probably makes a difference.