Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-08-12, 19:37
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Mango Ice Cream Bars

I made a new ice cream bar tonight I've been wanting to try my hand at and they came out GOOD! Lighting isn't so good at night, so I'll post a better pic up on my site tomorrow when I can get a shot in natural daylight.

Ever since I tasted the mango sorbet at Maggie Moo’s I’ve been wanting to try my hand at a mango frozen dessert. Mangos were on sale at the store today, so I bought 4 in hopes of trying this out. Tonight’s experiment came out real tasty, though not quite as good as the sorbet at Maggie Moo’s, I confess. Not as creamy and smooth, but just as tasty, I think. I found some mango extract at my local Indian grocery not long ago and added 1/2 tsp. to the mix as well. Not sure it’s essential, but it sure was good in these bars. Mangoes are not suitable until the higher fruits rung of the Atkins foods ladder, during pre-maintenance. These only have 81 calories apiece, but are fairly high in carbs because of the mangoes themselves, accounting for 2/3 of the calories and carbs in these. But they are a nice occasional treat when you get to the higher fruit rung of the ladder. For those focusing on lower calories like me these days doing JUDDD, to get my last 20# off, these will work nicely on my UP days! Only 81 calories!!

INGREDIENTS:

4 mangoes, peeled, seeded and pureed
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. 2% milk (or almond milk if you prefer)
12 drops EzSweets (small bottle) sucralose (or ½ c. sugar equivalent of your choice)
½ tsp. mango extract (optional)
2 T. glycerine
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum

DIRECTIONS: Peel mangoes. Cut flesh away from the large flat seed and place the flesh into a blender or food processor. Process until fairly smooth. Scrape into an ice cream maker, add cream, milk and sweetener and turn on ice cream maker and turn just until half frozen. Using a spoon, scoop the semi-firm ice cream into popsicle molds and freeze for several hours until well set. You’ll likely have to run warm water over the mold to loosen the bar so you can slide it out. ENJOY!!

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 12 bars, each contains:

81 calories
2.88 g fat
13.54 g carbs, 1.24 g fiber, 12.30 g NET CARBS
1.62 g protein
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-09-12, 07:11

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%