Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 16:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/167/148 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Maintaining Weight

I am sure there aren't probably a lot of people who visit this site who have reached their goal.
If there is
I was wondering

How Long have you maintained your weight ?

I am a little nervous about gaining the weight back and was curious to hear so postive from people who have maintained their weight.

Thanks
Tasha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 18:08

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Tasha, there's actually a Maintainers forum if you go back to the main page - you'll find posts about Maintaining by people who're doing it and those preparing to do it

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 08:13
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you. I wasn't aware the was a section. I will go check it out.

Tasha
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 09:03

Plan: atkins/PP/my own
Stats: 180/133/140
BF:sz 14/4-6/toned 4
Progress: 118%
Lightbulb

Hi Tasha....

The maintenance club is pretty slow, but there are a few good threads over there....

Since I reached 140 in June 2002, I have maintained my weight very easily. In fact, I lost a few more and now hover in the 135 range through no effort of my own. I just don't like all that carby garbage anymore, and that's how I frame it to other people who ask me "why I'm still on a diet when I'm skinny?" It also helps that I've never had a sweet tooth

I certainly don't count carbs anymore, and I even (the horrors!) eat bread sometimes and fruit quite a bit. But I stay pretty in tune with my body and the reactions I have in eating each new item (both in terms to immediate insulin reaction and later cravings). Pita bread is a new one my body takes pretty well...and I have just found out that it is strangely very low on the GI index. Which is great for gyro sandwiches on the run...yum!

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 09:26
Registered Member

BF:

Gracie-poo.. Thanks for your reply. I noticed there was much action on the maintenance club board. I appreciate your input. It makes me think I CAN keep weight off after I have reached my goal. I figure I won't let it get away from me like i did before. I use to weigh about 130 until I got married, then the lbs keep creeping up on me. I really noticed when I started my sit down job which I have been doing for 6 years. So I have started exercising to help with the weight loss and also for help in maintaining my goal weight when i get there.

Tasha