Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-11, 15:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturkeyldy
Leann,
You don't have to use the weights if that is what you having questions about.

I got licensed to teach toning in November and I have added a couple of Zumba toning songs to my normal class to test the water and they love them.
Another note the toning sticks are 1 pound each or 2 1/2 pounds each. It's a light weight but will give your muscles something to smile about, give them a try!

Thanks for the reply

I'm going to give it a try!
I think the only hesitancy for me is that I still don't know all the dances...
so adding in something else.... well, I hope I'm not too much of a spaz
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Thu, Dec-22-11, 07:17

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

I will say toning has been the hardest for me to learn to teach I haven't really figured out why. I think because it's more then dancing there are very specific toning moves. Zumba has strongly suggested we use the training DVD as given in the specific so as a teacher I take it as we have less freedom to improvise I am still loving it. And loving the arms I'm getting while practicing.
  #228   ^
Old Sat, Dec-24-11, 12:26

Plan: Keto
Stats: 208.8/208.8/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just ordered this and will start hopefully in the next week or so. Unfortunately, my 20 minute starter dvd does not work. I think it has a burn spot or something. so I guess I'll be going for the big guns with the 50 minute routine. Really hoping it will get the body moving, the fat burning, and the mid-section dwindling!
  #229   ^
Old Sun, Dec-25-11, 07:46

Try the fifty do the warm up and what u can of the DVD then skip to the cool down before u stop. Warm up and cool down r important

Call Zumba.com or where ever the DVD set came from and get a replacement. Their customer service is improving tremdeously
  #230   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 17:48

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Ok.... so I did the Zumba toning last Wednesday night for the first time and it wasn't that bad
There were a few new moves and they did some dances that I didn't know
but I got a great workout!
Going to it again tonight

One thing that makes it a little harder is that now there are a TON of people in the class... like 60
Amazing the difference from November to January
a lot of "New Years Resolutions"
  #231   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-12, 07:34

Glad you tried it. Toning sticks does add something to the workout. I know even i was a tad bit sore after Monday's workout myself. I am doing familar songs with the exception of the four toning songs I have add to my regular class. Glad you gave it a go.

enjoy the music!
  #232   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-12, 20:14
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:

So what has happened to all my Zumba buddies?

Are you still Zumba-ing?

I have to admit, I haven't been in close to 7 weeks. There were too many changes in instructors and the times being offered just haven't been convenient. And I hate to say it, it just seemed dare I say....(boring). One of the few times I am wishing that I lived in a really big city that had more options. There are some classes about a half hour away, but trying to get off work in time, make the drive, take class, drive home....

I did pull out my original Zumba DVDs and did the ab work-out and the original workout. Fun.

Come post and bring us up to date if your'e still zumba-ing.

XTurkey--are you still teaching? Maybe we need some of your enthusiasm!
  #233   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-12, 15:51
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:

Well with my "downer" post yesterday, I got my a$$ out of the Zumba funk I was in and went to class this morning. It was fun....predominately older women 65+ years and then maybe 3-4 of us in our 40s & 50s. Eventhough it's considered "gold" I totally pump it up and am sweating like a dog.

It felt good to go and socialize with these women.

Promise to self--if not working will be at Saturday morning class.

xTurkeyldy--maybe I had the Zumba downers because I recently canceled my Zin--I haven't been teaching and I really haven't been keeping up with the music and choreography. At least they give you a year from your canellation date in case you want to re-instate. Maybe I'll feel differently 6 months from now but I just didn't see the sense in paying for it if I'm not actively teaching.
  #234   ^
Old Sun, Jun-03-12, 14:08

Yes I a still teaching. Had to cancel for a week with y falters death and then cancelled a week due to todo in town. I am going to hav classes on Monday I am no feelin it. My mind still isn't in it bui hav got to make an effort to get back yo some version of normal. Now you get back to working it ou too
  #235   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-12, 08:32

hey Zumba people. where did you go? convention huh? I have yet to make it to Convention. I hope to next year.

In the mean time keep doing Zumba and you can even get you some fun Zumbawear at Zumba.com.

Type in IMSPECIAL in the affliate box for a 10% discount! love a deal!
  #236   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-13, 23:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, previous MM, own
Stats: 252/201.5/148 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi all, I've been doing Wii Zumba since last summer, love, love, love it! I did also take a beginning community ed class to change it up last fall, kinda fun, not as hard as the wii though. ianyone else do zumba Wii?
  #237   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-13, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I've taken 2 zumba classes now. Both were at different venues with different teachers. I loved both of them. The class last night was the best at out local rec center. I'll be going again Thursday with the first teacher but at the rec center again. I love it. I can't believe I found an exercise I love! lol. Both classes were really small with women ranging from 16 to 50 years old. I'm finding it hard to keep up with the steps, but I just keep moving until I get it down. Tanga is running a special on the dvd's so I think I'll order them for the days I can't make it t class.
  #238   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-13, 14:51

it is a fun exercise. The longer you go the easier the steps will seem. hang in there and dance!