Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-07, 21:18

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Talking Underwear!!

It has been an excrutiatingly (is that really a word? ) l o n g time since I've posted anything on lowcarbers forum ... but I've been lurking, reading, and updating my profile from time to time.... and if anyone had wanted to "check in" on me, he or she would have discovered that I've lost approximately 80 lbs over the last year....however I guess the magnitude of the whole thing didn't really register until about two-three weeks ago. Oh yes...I've been dropping pant and top sizes...and I suppose I compensated for a lot of changes by wearing the same clothes...even the same underwear....I just wore the older, bigger panties with the newer slacks and shorts that fit better...and when I wore the older, loose slacks and shorts...I wore OLDER panties that I had saved from days past, when I was a slimmer yo-yo....

NOT ANY MORE! A couple weeks ago, in a store that sells overstocked and damaged items at a discount, I found a pkg of Jockey underwear two sizes smaller than what I thought was my current size. I bought it, thinking that maybe I wouldn't fit them now...but, perhaps they'll be ready for me later. I got home and tried on a pair...and IT FITS ME NOW!!

So...I got all excited....it FINALLY HIT ME that I was LOSING WEIGHT....like a maniac I went to an outlet mall over an hour's drive away and bought nothing but cute underwear....wild colors, patterns, fabrics....cute stuff like I'd never worn before....ALL in my new size....and ALL OF IT FIT ME!!!

If this isn't a "milestone" worth raving about....I'll eat my...er..ahem...salad....

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-07, 22:41
aka Celestine

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%
Thumbs up

Aw, DerBlumers - you're posting about the bloomers.

Congratulations on your impressive weight loss!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 08:47
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 150/120/100 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 60%

DerBlumers, Helps make sticking to low carbing a little easier when you get to enjoy one of the rewards that goes along with wt loss success. CONGRATULATIONS on the significant wt loss, on the new sizes & new undies! It's an amazing morale booster.

Even if you're in an old outfit, it just makes you feel special & a little more feminine when you know that, UNDERNEATH it all, you are wearing really pretty, well fitting, new underwear.

When I read your post I was able to identify with it. My old underwear no longer fits me particularly well either. And I've been thinking of it as a wt loss incentive/reward. Am looking forward to getting some new undies for myself when I get into the 220's which means I have only 6 pounds to go until I get to go on an undies shopping trip. Hooray!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 08:54

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

oh, and being able to wear cool bras!!!! without the huge granny straps!!!

woohoooo!!!!

Love these milestones! they are soooo great!!! look at all you've lost (and gained)!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 09:07
Currently Fascinated

Plan: M&E/Atkins
Stats: 225/150/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Quite Possibly
Progress: 75%

Oh, I can sooooo totally relate to this!

I was cleaning out some things in my basement the other day, and I found a huge box of stuff from Victoria's Secret that I bought when I was thinner (7-10 years ago). Well, thank goodness I saved it, because about half of it fits! I heartily agree, there is nothing on this earth that makes me feel like a woman as much as wearing sexy underthings under my business attire Especially when I share information on what I'm wearing with a Certain Someone!

Congratulations! I think that is indeed a milestone!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 09:45

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Congrats!!! That is fantastic!!!! I soon will have to venture out and buy some new panties!!! I've already had to invest in new bras (went down 2 cup sizes and a inch around)...will have to work on the bottom half very soon!!!

Hope you all have a great great day!!! Congrats to all and your fantastic weightloss!!!

E
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 10:45

Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Cute underwear areone of the many unplanned joys losing weight!!! Congratulations!!!
Lots of cute Victorias Secret stuff can be found really cheap on e-bay!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 11:50
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwhip
Aw, DerBlumers - you're posting about the bloomers.

I had this same thought reading your post--lol. That's wonderful. It's amazing how encouraging things like cute underwear that fits is while we're on this journey.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 14:55

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I think myy first reward is going to be some nice new underwear. I have a ways to go before I really need anything new, unfortunately.

Congratulations! It is indeed a milestone and thanks for sharing it with us.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-09-07, 19:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 335/245/200 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up

Congratulations-doesn't it feel great to have to get new much smaller stuff! I will be getting new stuff soon-as soon as I figure out what kind of undies I want!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-07, 04:22

Stats: 267/205/165 Female 5'9"
BF:

I can relate to this. About a month ago I threw out all my 'comfortable knickers'. So now my underwear drawer is full of cute n sexy pants.

Boyfriend says doing the laundry is much more fun now. Hehe

t0rie
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-11-07, 16:34

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Talking Bras too..

Oooooh! I love the response!!

Hey...I forgot to mention the bras....I have new bras in stripes and leopard print...all in smaller sizes!! I'm two sizes larger on top than in my butt, and I was hoping I would even out eventually...but I've ALWAYS been larger on top and I don't know if that's going to change any time soon. Yet.....I have a great bra brand......and my DH isn't complaining...

YAY!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the accolades!!!!!!!!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-07, 22:53

Stats: 240/214/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 26%

Congrats!! The feeling is awesome I'll bet! This encourages me and has me anxiously awaiting my turn for something like this!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-07, 01:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet, Induction
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

New clothes are so much fun. It is the ultimate reward. Being healthy too! Congrats to you & your weight loss success.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-07, 07:53

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

Very cool! Congrats on your weight loss.

I bought a new bra last week even though I lost only 20lbs. I feel more perky now.