Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 00:59

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 262.5/253.5/160 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Tired of the weight, wanting it now-too many failed attempts

I have been on so many low calorie, lowfat diets. I never have been successful for very long. I always ended up bingeing on carbs. This is the first time in my life I understand why I couldn't controll my binges. I didn't know what excess carbs did, till now. Thank You Dr Atkins. I have been overweight like this for 4 years. I was actually at goal weight and started back down the road to this weight gain I am at. It was not for the lack of trying that I reached this weight. I have been constantly dieting the last four years. I knew some day I would have to address my carb addiction. I am just so tired of being heavy. I have sore knees, sore back and its hard to move around in my job. I finally feel like I have some hope to get my weight off. There have been times I wanted to give up because of all the failed dieting attempts. I thought I couldn't love without bread, I found out, I can.
Did any of you feel this way till you found what role too many carbs do to our bodies and willpower.?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 02:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/192/175 Female 5'7"
BF:?/41/35
Progress: 80%
Default I know just what you mean!

Hello enough!

I used to feel that way! I was tired of the dieting yoyo....... and had given up on "diets". I was physically tired most of the time, didn't sleep well, often had acid reflex problems, upset stomache, back problems, heel spur's, knee, so at 41 , I was wondering how I was going to make it another ten years with how I was feeling. I was also having scarey episodes with ringing in my ears/heartbeat racing after what seem to be a period of missing some beats. (That has all stopped now!)

My husband used to have the motto... diet or low fat just means less or no taste.... so getting any type of low fat alternatives in the house was a battle... But he was the one who sugested going on Atkins! Now his motto is All the Taste without the waist! *G* and we are openning a low carb store in our town in just over a months time! Low Carbing is DEFINATELY the way to go! Together we have lost 140 pounds! We are so enthused by this way of eating, it has literally changed our lives. I feel like Dr. Atkins saved my life, I know now that too many carbs are like poison to people like us........ literally chokes the life out of you. LOW CARB FOR LIFE! ~Jade~
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 06:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/125.5/130 Female 66"
BF:24%
Progress: 113%

I felt this way! I thought I couldn't live without the "staples" of a "balanced diet" But now I feel so much better and have so much more energy. I think the hardest part of discovering how much difference this WOE makes is realizing all that lost time spent on lo-fat, lo-calorie, starving yourself diets!!!

Julie
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 06:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/333/250 Male 5'9
BF:49.5
Progress: 45%

I have lost and gained a corvette worth of weight since 1990 I loose 100 I gain 110. I yoyoed my life away with every frickin diet on earth. Some only lasted a week. Some a year. But I always found a excuse to quit. In the last 2 years alone I have lost well over 200lbs. I have always put it back on plus 10lbs.
I love this wol and I did well on it the last time. I will not quit this time. If I can quit smoking I can loose weight is what I am telling myself this time.
I also tell myself that at 40 years old I am healthy now but what will happen as I get older with all this weight. I dont want fake knees. I dont want to be in a wheelchair. I want to live long enough to see my kids marry and have kids. And I dont want my wife to be with another man when I die at 50 because I refused to take care of myself. Ya I know that last one is selfish but its working for me!!!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 09:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%

The biggest revelation was when I realized that i never wanted to go back to that way of eating. I dont miss sugar or flour! Well enough you have come to the right place, there are tons of supportive people on this board, that will make sure you reach your goal.