Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-11, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304.9/294.6/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Finding it difficult

to like who I've become. I'm HUGE. I walked by a mirror in Walmart on Saturday and really realised how HUGE I am...I can't go on like this, I've never seen such huge numbers on the scale, I did hhcg and gained over 40lbs in two months, I'm so depressed and my body hurts...for the first time I'm over 300+ I don't want to die young, I HAVE to get this weight off. I'm just very sad
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-11, 14:01

Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

I just had to post and tell you hello, and you are not alone. I know what you are saying, the emotional and psychical part of this. I was told by the dr. 2 years ago that I was killing myself, high blood pressure, out of breath, and the threat of meds for diabetes. I took it seriously and dove in..I lost a bunch of weight but have to admit that i have never been able to completely get to where i need to. I am back to the feel bad for myself and pity party mode. Just know that we are all here for the same reason and welcome you.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-11, 14:17

BF:

Thank you for the encouraging words, I went to the gym today, I feel much better, but not there 100%...it will take time, I will need lots of support...I have to get this done, I am reducing the amount of years I have left...for what? Again, thank you
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-11, 15:09

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Patty, I'm sending you lots of good thoughts. I'll be thinking of you taking good care of yourself and taking steps of victory.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-11, 20:07

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Of course it's difficult, or you would have done it already!

However, it is a trade you seem ready to make. I'm here to assure you that the more you stick with eating healthy, whole, tasty food like steaks and veggies with butter, salad with real full fat dressing, and the endless array of low carb versions of old favorites (the Mock Mac N Cheese casserole I make with ham & cauliflower and real cheese is much better than any other mac n cheese I have ever eaten) the less you want it. Honest!

You won't be missing a thing.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-24-11, 20:43

Plan: IF and LC
Stats: 178/174/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Your best bet for changing your life to a low carb way of eating, and GETTING THIN(yay!!) is to first read up as much as you can to understand how to do it, how it works, and then you'll be guaranteed success.

I believe that you can do it. You will be so shocked when those pounds start melting off that you won't want to stop and go back to the unhealthy way of life.

You are beautiful, you are strong, and you can do it!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-11, 09:09

BF:

January 25, 2011

301.1 down 3.8lbs since yesterday, I know it is water weight but I'm very happy to have it gone...my back still hurts terribly when I stand and it will until I lose about 50lbs, then I will begin to feel better again.

Wow, what amazing people on this board! Where have you all been all my life. I've been on and off lowcarbing for over 10 years, I've probably read every book printed on the subject It is not that I don't know it works and how to work it, it is two fold for me, I've never in all that time moved from induction (too scared) and two, I can't seem to stick with it for more than three months. In that time I usually lose about 40lbs, I seem to always get to 232 and freeze, almost afraid to lose more, I can't figure it out. I have 70lbs to go before I'm there again so I don't have to worry about it.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-11, 09:28

Plan: LC
Stats: 260/218/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Definitely!
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimondDiva
January 25, 2011
Wow, what amazing people on this board! Where have you all been all my life.

I agree completely. This is the most supportive environment on the web. And the good thing about it is, it's available 24/7. Everyone is really positive (but realistic at the same time) and the moderators do a GREAT job.

We really are here to give each other a hand. You can do it. We can do it.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-11, 13:35

BF:

January 25, 2011

Just got back from the gym, 1.5miles in 30 minutes, I want to be under 300lbs tomorrow!