Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#676   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-21, 06:03

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

You did great E!

Yes. Especially when just starting back on plan, it is super smart to hold onto it like glue Any going off just shows you aren't in it for full commitment and in full truth that is the only way to change ourselves, meal by meal, day by day. So happy you kept on plan and hit up Wendys!!

Sounds like you are on a roll.

The 'hint of blueberry' is a natural flavoring added. It is trace. So it won't show any carbs etc. It gives minimal flavor without being icky loaded so it probably is a good choice for ya! When you look up 'natural flavoring' on the USA allowment for it in food, it can be very crazy on what 'they consider natural' LOL but a seltzer like that should be fine I would think if you do ok on it.
Sponsored Links
  #677   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-21, 23:50

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

So I am very proud of myself once again
I’m not the best at being carnivore
But I’m still low carb today
When I got to work somebody gave me a big gift of chocolate and white wine Pinot Grigio And I’m going to give both the wine and chocolate away and bring to my brother’s house tomorrow

I had to meat burgers for lunch and my quest chips
I had a keto bar before my work out
I worked out on the treadmill for over two hours
I ate salmon with veggies for dinner and low carb ice cream for dessert

I’m really proud of myself because I could have really went crazy tonight but I didn’t I stayed low carb I stayed sugar-free if I had had real food it would’ve been a different feeling

The scale might be up tomorrow but I’m not going to stress
I know what I need to do to lose weight and I’m prepared to do it
Tomorrow is going to be difficult I don’t know what kind of food they are going to serve at the house
I don’t want to insult my brother and his wife by bringing my own food
Usually there is a protein option that is not breaded
Worse case scenario I could just have some salad With no dressing and eat after the party

Well everybody I’m gonna go wash my face I’m exhausted and I didn’t even do my whole face and teeth care routine

Also when I’m alone I tend to shop and buy things impulsively

I almost bought a computer online and I canceled my order thank God
I’m very irresponsible with money and I realize not to buy the product and I’m so glad I was able to cancel my order
I think that I have a lot to work on with myself and I’m glad that I have the time to do that
When I go back for my insurance license because my dad really wants me to get it I’ll have something else look forward to and study and really sink my teeth into that has nothing to do with food

Everybody have a wonderful night and I look forward to hearing from you guys tomorrow
  #678   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-21, 04:56

BF:

yea even if you are doing some carnivore days and stepping back a tiny bit into lc/keto type plan you are doing well. Key is don't go back to crazy carb ick food days So if you are controlling yourself like that, feeling good and doing ok....yup you are on your way to better things!
  #679   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-21, 10:14

BF:

Karen - you said it !

Being on a keto plan during the holidays if I can’t do carnivore but I really intend to try and do carnivore more and more during work week . But I was just thinking about all the things I would have eaten this week if I was not on a lower carbohydrate diet
Vegetables are really the best for my stomach though I will say that
When you just eat meat and protein your digestion is better
  #680   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-21, 21:43

BF:

Hey everybody I’ve been really struggling

I really don’t want to blame it on my mom

But she is a little bit to blame because she is very persistent in anything I do or don’t do correctly

She was harping on me so much the other day to try calorie counting and I didn’t want to

She kept telling me what she’s been eating for breakfast and how great it is but I don’t like their food and I don’t want it

Then I got a plan and regret it

She invited me out to dinner when I try to get back on the diet and I go out to dinner with them and don’t stay on plan

Sometimes I feel like my mom is out to sabotage me

I really believe she wants to keep me fat forever

She’s like my best friend on one hand and my worst enemy on the other

She never liked my boyfriend and I think I broke up with him because she didn’t like him but I’m still talking to him

I just had it with her but I love her so much you know what I mean

I’m so mad at myself that I ever ever ever let her mess me up with a planeven when I was at her house and I lost weight
And one of my meat cooked playing with nothing on it she would put sugar free jam on my meat and I told her no
Going to re addict me to that food
I keep saying I should wait and go and plan in January but that’s a terrible idea
I should go and plan right this minute I should wait another hour
I had an upset stomach at work today it was terrible being at work and being uncomfortable
I’m not the same employee without my meets every day
I look back at pictures and I was so much happier eating meat every day
I don’t even care about eating out I don’t even care about what I thought I cared about when it came to December break
Well I want to do is get healthy again and the way I got health he was eating meat and drinking water and a few other drinks

It’s funny they’re going to be serving pizza tomorrow at my job and I could care less
I really don’t even want it I just want to get better
I just want to not have to ever lose weight again
The fact that I gained weight back when I was thin for months and months and months is a sign that I am a full addict
I hope one day I will become better suited to say no to my mom it’s funny I didn’t have any of the food when they catered lunch for
work So why would I do anything different when my mom tells me something different
And my daughter I keep thinking I want to spend time with her she’s not even eating with me she’s in another room with her snacks it’s not even like we’re in the same room eating together
Well I’m sorry I’ve been rambling so much but I just wanted you guys to know that even when I’m not doing the right thing I don’t feel like it’s worth going off plan I feel like it’s better to stay on plan
  #681   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-21, 07:34

BF:

E39 I feel ya on this. Others 'getting involved' with the food we put into our mouths and the foods we do best on eating---is a royal pain for alot of us LOL

Everyone thinks they know what is best for us. They don't!

Key thing is you see it. You are acknowledging this roadblock and you WILL have to address it. You got some options to plan for yourself----

like, do not talk 'diet' or losing lbs. or how you are eating AT ALL with your mom. When food talk starts change the subject to anything.

Next is if you are eating out wtih your mom eat before you go out. Stop at Wendys or eat a lb. of bacon at home before you go to meet her. That way your belly is full and whatever you order out will be small and on plan cause your appetite is handled already.

Third is it is time to put down the hammer on you and excuses. This is one of the hardest I had to do We can 'blame' the people who are so annoying and insistent but in the end of it all, we make the choice! It is your choice in every situation in the bitter end of it all, so one can't truly blame anyone at all in any fashion. Oh yea I blamed alot of people and events and situations on why I couldn't move forward and keep on plan, til the day I realized I have only 1 thing....ME....and my actions. No matter what anyone says, or what food they put down in front of me or any other excuse to eat crap means 0. It is your direct action in every situation that is the only thing that matters to you. We only got ourselves We have to be strong and change and take responsibility full on. I finally realized this and once I did....took on my personal responsibility, then I changed and with calmness, instead of being more frantic on plan. There is a peace truly in deciding your own future and taking your actions to heart and it is worth figuring out this step I think this is when 'things clicked for me'. We all have to find this step thru our own journey in our own time.

In the end, it is ALL up to YOU. No one else has any real power over you in any way unless you let it. Yea I know It is hard to ignore, live thru it cause it annoys us and more, but you got the inner core power for your change.

So rock on E! You will be ok cause you see this, now it is time to act on it and fix it and move forward. Might take some time but keep chatting with yourself on how to handle each situation that comes up in the best, easiest way to keep you on plan. We all got little tricks/tips/plans etc we do to make sure we hold our plans, now put some into effect for you and hold tight!

OK that is just some stuff I had to go thru too and ways I knew I had to act to make real changes that stuck.

Real addicts can't pretend to be low carb. Doesn't work for us. If you know who you are and what food does to you, only thing we got is a real gung ho inner strength to change and eat our best to kill cravings and do for us. Self care in our eating is key.

Keep going....you got this truly. Change takes time as we face all the darn demons that keep us on carbs Might be different for each of us but in the end we all have to find that power to change and hold it!
  #682   ^
Old Thu, Dec-23-21, 07:16

BF:

So holiday for me is set in stone.

Xmas Eve dinner....Lasagna for family which is what they want.
Along with a filet mignon steak and peel/eat shrimp.
2 steaks for me and will make alot of shrimp cause I know the family is going to attack those LOL

Xmas Day Dinner

Racks of pork ribs. Yummy ribs and 1 full rack for me and more racks for them with all the trimmings.

I got my ZC holiday handled very well. It went very easy this year being we are all getting so old and don't need or want anything at all other than good health and vibrancy and good times

Happy Holidays everyone. Eat well on the holiday days to only improve your life and make you happy and healthy, don't go down that rabbit hole of having food hangovers and guilt trips the next days We all got choices, make the best we can for us and have fun and good health to all!!
  #683   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-21, 00:58

BF:

Dear Karen
I really appreciated your post. It hits home because it is your truth and in many ways it is my truth. It’s ironic Because I was telling my daughter if I could do my school days over again I might have studied even more in middle school and high school. I told her when you are a kid there are few things in your control what you study and what you eat.
I feel like as an adult I forget that I’m still in control of what I eat.
Salty snacks or sugar stuff does not get in the car and purchase itself. It is all about the idea of ….XYZ TYPE FOOD.
That’s the great thing about protein once you eat it you ate full and can’t think about food again. I want to get to that point again where I felt “light on my feet” and the only way that can happen is if I am really truly living my truth. I have a really good feeling about this NEW YEAR coming up. I want 2022 to be my year!
  #684   ^
Old Fri, Dec-24-21, 07:01

BF:

I like that E39!

Living your truths!!!!

Great thing to say to ourselves every day. Live your truth and we do the best that works for us in our day Live real truths that work for us!
  #685   ^
Old Sat, Dec-25-21, 05:18

BF:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

enjoy your day!

I have NY Strip steak for first meal.
Cooking 2 racks of ribs along with peel/eat shrimp for Xmas dinner time.

and another holiday bites the dust.......

hope everyone does well thru this day and holds plan if that is what they desire
  #686   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-21, 06:37

BF:

Had a good Xmas day.

Stayed tight on plan. No issues there.

I am SO happy the 'food focus' of this holiday is over in this home. Just too much food talk ya know from family LOL

chicken and burgers to eat today. keeping it very simple. I don't even wanna think about food anymore, cut myself a break

All good, hope everyone did well!
  #687   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-21, 00:26

BF:

Dear Karen!

I really appreciate all the positive vibes and the tough love! I am so glad that you had a nice Christmas and you stayed on plan! I’m not stepping on a scale. I have one more week to juggle work and vacation with my daughter but my goal is not mindless eating.
No matter what I eat this week I just don’t want to eat when I’m not paying attention that’s the worst. Trying to spend time with my daughter and next Christmas I won’t have her she’ll be with my ex husband, Hopefully I’ll be on low carb all next year and back to goal weight by February or March! I have a lot of special events next year I would like to look great for! Including my daughters special ceremony at Temple in November I have a friend is getting married I think in October But just in general for my overall health

It’s not healthy to keep gaining and losing the same 25 pounds!!!

Here’s to never giving up
  #688   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-21, 06:36

BF:

It’s not healthy to keep gaining and losing the same 25 pounds!!!

YOU SAID IT! for me it was losing and gaining 50 lbs at least 5 times that I can remember LOL
I agree it ain't healthy either plus the mental tough of it is miserable. You lose it all, feel great and gain it all back and then have to tackle it all over again and again, omg it drove me batty for sure. I finally lost that 50 and finally am keeping it off now. But darn I am always that few bites away from gaining it all back again, I know me LOL I ain't safe yet

Never give it is the only way to finally get something handled, so agree
  #689   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-21, 17:59

Plan: 12/25/63 (c/p/f)
Stats: 218/207.8/155 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 16%

I think the key is what you said, Karen. I don't we're ever "safe." This is a choice we need to make over and over again. This time I'm not letting small deviations derail me. Ate some carbs on a bad day...? boohoo. I just have to do better the next day and the day after that.
  #690   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-21, 01:12

BF:

This is a great thread
I had an idea in the new year maybe earlier but the idea of eating he meat and sticking to water seltzer or sparking water and NOT weigh myself not until I feel so thin I reached my goal
Like just to stick with something for a completely different reason