Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-10, 09:39

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%
Default Food combiner returns to the fold.

Well here I am guys back after 2 months on Atkins. I enjoyed Atkins which was like visiting an old friend as I've done it on and off since 2003. However I did not lose weight and when I had a body analysis done at the gym I had gained 2 kios of fat and lost 1 kilo of muscle. I nearly cried! After working out for over an hour 3 times a week and working out on the wii in between. It seemed like all my effort had gone down the pan.

Now my trainer is drawing up a new programme to up my metabolism and I'm back on food combining. I'm hoping the extra carbs will fuel my exercise and stop my body canabilising muscle tissue.

I am enjoying being able to eat fruit again and may go back to the fruit breakfasts which I used to enjoy. I'm also enjoying being able to have some bread from time to time.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-10, 11:04

Plan: Low Carbing
Stats: 233.2/202/168 Female 5ft 8ins
BF:
Progress: 48%

I hope you are happy with the process you make by going back to FC. Poor you, to put all that effort in and not see a reward. Isn't it crazy, the tricks our bodies play on us. Cruel, in fact.

What is your favourite FC meal?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-10, 07:55

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi Lynne,
My favourite starchy meal is taglatelle carbonera. I make it with taglatelle, quorn and eggs. I miss out the ham or use quorn ham or finely chopped mushrooms.

My favourite meat meal is cottage pie using ground beef and creamed cauliflower in place of the potatoes.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-10, 08:57

Plan: Low Carbing
Stats: 233.2/202/168 Female 5ft 8ins
BF:
Progress: 48%

A meal I remember enjoying immensely was jacket potato with Houmous and slices of tomato. I think the reason it stuck in my mind was the fact that I didn't think it would go well together. But I was SO wrong.

Yes cauliflower is remarkably versatile, and does well as a potato substitute!