Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-26-20, 18:03

Plan: own modified
Stats: 238/212/176 Female 180
BF:
Progress: 42%

Yes, I will have to watch what I eat as well as the amount I eat. My trouble is - and always has been that I am a poor eater, that is I don't actually like the majority of food, well its not that I dislike the taste, the thought of eating a steak (and most other things) is so unappealing, I'm just not bothered about it - and I will try and explain.

If I knew that I didn't have to eat, and if my stomach didn't send pangs that said 'you need to put something in me' then I think I would never bother eating. So, previously it was easier to grab a biscuit (but I have a sweet tooth, so one biscuit becomes a packet), or two thick slices of nice fresh bread with a thick layer of home made jam.

I don't eat fruit at all, although am forcing myself to eat an apple a day. By choice I could just sit with a bowl of fresh raw vegetables - peas, cauliflower, brussell sprouts (yes raw), radishes and some baby green shoots. But nice and appealing as this is it does not satisfy the hunger and that is when I have been eating the wrong things.

I have started to do a lot of reading about what I should and should not be eating and I am trying to find things that will do the same thing as say a piece of steak. I did start by thinking I could eat delicatescent meat. But after reading about that, well most of it is processed and full of salt - which is no good for diet or health.

So I am re-educating myself, my body, my taste buds. I am looking at alternatives for a steak etc. I will get there!

I might add, that knowing what a shocking eater I am, what awful food habits and taste buds I have I have made a concerted effort with my children and I can tell you I have brought up 3 people with the best eating habits you could wish for. I am very proud of them.

So I will continue to perservere and just wish I could have woken up properly 20 years ago. But better late than never.