Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 10:18
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Individual Banana Cakes

My husband asked if I could create a low-carb banana cake for him today. Not eating desserts these days, I didn’t want to make a really big cake, for fear HE would eat too much or that half of it might spoil. So I decided to play around with the Muffin in a Minute recipe and create a tasty version that would just make a few servings. These came out very smooth and tasty and are extremely filling with the flax meal in them. I decided to go for 2-serving mini cakes. This recipe was made in two 6″ ceramic oval dishes that are 1″ deep. Each oval cake makes two very filling portions. He didn’t want a frosting on it, but these would be very nice thinly frosted with 2 T. softened cream cheese, 2 T. mashed ripe banana and a few drops of stevia or your favorite sweetener (or none). I baked mine in the microwave, but they could be done in a conventional oven at 350º for about 20 minutes or so, which would create a browned top crust like classic banana cakes will make. Your call on method of cooking. These are not suitable until the higher fruits rung of the carb ladder in Pre-maintenance and Maintenance, as they are a little carb-y with banana in them.

INGREDIENTS:

1½ T. unsalted butter, melted
3 large eggs, beaten
1 banana (7″), mashed
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
½ c. flax meal (I used half golden and half dark)
½ c. almond flour
3 T. coconut flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
3 pkts. stevia
6 drops liquid Splenda

DIRECTIONS: If using a conventional oven to bake these, preheat to 350º. In a medium mixing bowl, mash well the ripe banana with a fork. Add the eggs and beat well. Add melted butter and stir. Measure all dry ingredients on top and stir until batter is smooth. Add liquid sweetener and stir well. Spoon into two 6″ ceramic dishes (well-greased if baking in the regular oven). Microwave on HI for 1 min. 30 seconds (or bake at 350º for about 20 minutes).

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes two 6″ cakes or 4 servings. Each serving contains:

264 calories
18.6 g fat
17.15 g carbs, 8.2 g fiber, 8.95 NET CARBS
10.33 g protein
72 mg sodium
275 mg potassium
10% RDA Vitamin A, 15% B6, 20% B12, 7% calcium, 27% copper, 34% iron, 21% magnesium, 28% manganese, 24% phosphorous, 20% riboflavin, 28% selenium, 25% thiamin and 13% zinc
Sponsored Links