Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2986   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 10:45

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hiya, Friendies!

Jaz- Have a GREAT FIRST DAY at work today!!! I would have been just like you and too hyped up to sleep. I will be thinking of you all day, for real, and looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

I was LOLing over your Delmarva confusion. I told you things are close together there!

You have us all a wee bit jealous over your boardwalk and fish shacks and so forth. I'll look forward to going to a few of your favorites when Lori and I come to visit.

Blue- Yeah, the good old days of being younger and easy weight loss! Those days seem to gone! I don't get the really rapid drops anymore - even my water weight drop seems on the smaller side now. But that's okay. Adapting and moving on.

You are not a black sheep at all! You know that a couple of us move in and out, back and forth. Every now and again we all sync up but it is sort of rare, really.

Your day with your friend sounds just fabulous! All kinds of fun and just very homey.

Trig- Good luck to kiddo on her exams today. DS17 has two AP midterm exams this week but his other midterms happen after Xmas break. Unless he's lying, his grades are pretty good so hopefully he won't blow it, as his midyear grades get sent to the colleges.

I really need a haircut too, and badly. I'll wait til after xmas though. I'm thinking shoulder length.

LOLing over your DH crawling around looking for his phone. Men, I tell ya!

Really sorry to hear you have another sinus headache today. I hate that you suffer with that so often.

Lori- You have a lot going on today to keep you busy! Hopefully your weather won't be too bad. We have a snow day today!

Your quesadillas sound really good. YUM!!

A bad weather day is excellent for wrapping- put on some good Christmas music, light a candle or two and have fun with it!

••••••••••••••••

Hi chicks!

I am truly hoping I can be less cranky today. I was a freaking BEAR yesterday. EVERYTHING and EVERYONE made me annoyed. Dh was just hiding from me by the evening. I slept well last night so hopefully that will help.

We have a snow day today, which is totally lame and also totally welcome. We got a dusting- maybe an inch- but I think they were worried about icy roads. First it was a two hour delay, then it became a closing. I wasn't surprised by the delay but was surprised by the close. Gives DS a nice sleeping day though, and I'll be out to run a couple of errands soon.

Ladies, I am FRETTING over this whole oven/range situation. One oven or two? Gas or electric? One oven with a toaster oven? Reviews, reviews.. BUY IT, it's the best! The next review- temp was off by 50 degrees and the company says that's just the way it is. ETC. Plus, I'm not really sure where we would put a toaster oven. One spot is excellent but blocks a light switch. Another spot blocks the phone jack etc. Plus it would take up a good bit of counter space. Yesterday I was in the toaster oven and single oven camp, today I am back in the double oven camp. I know between that and the heat being on the blink, I was cranky from stressing over it. PLUS I know there are three other appliances that are likely to go sooner rather than later. We can pay for it all but choosing one stresses me out!

Not to mention the heat thing was making me cranky. But, someone is coming out to look at it tomorrow. I tell you, for as much as this company has absolutely SUCKED we have had them bent over and paying for it for ten years worth of repairs for free.

OTOH, this robo vac, even though it requires a bit of babysitting, is really pretty awesome. Have to say, the main level of this house has never looked cleaner. NO dog hair around. It is astonishing! I run it about an hour and a half most days of the week. It picks up a LOT of dust and dirt too- and consequently the amount of dust in the house is noticeably decreased as well. I am truly shocked by how much it gets picked up.

Today I pick up donated CASA kid gifts to take over to their home this week, and I'm going by a local appliance store to check them out. Getting a feel for them is essential IMO.

Oh- WOE. lol I did a bunch of cooking yesterday. I made a cheeseburger soup and a homemade mini no-noodle lasagna. Both are very good. The soup is even better the second day. I just had some for brunch. The mini lasagna will be 3-4 servings. Tonight I am making taco meat. I'll have a taco salad with not-too-much lettuce. I have to be careful with lettuce bc it messes with my stomach sometimes.

Down three pounds for the first LC week, which is good. I've been the exact same weight to the ounce the last three days though, so that has been a teeny bit discouraging but I know more weight will come off. After all, I did this to myself!
Sponsored Links
  #2987   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 14:48

BF:

1) Jaz, check in when you get home. I am on pins and needles waiting to hear how your first day was. I feel exactly the same way I do on my kids' first day of school!

2) Ds17 received his third college acceptance in the mail today- he's 3 for 3 thus far! This one is the one he is least likely to attend, but a yes is always nice to get!
  #2988   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 19:25

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ladies forgive me for not doing a Buch of personals- my Adeline ran about about 4 and I was nodding and sleeping though orientation.

So today was a mass orientation for the facility. When I say massive it was 12 people for a 210 bed facility. I am in no way dissing the size. It IS however a small home town country hospital. They do great things there though. They are striving for excellence even for the size.
Better than other hospitals 3 times the size. I gotta give it to them!!!!

Met my manager, mentor, and some of the staff. They are all sweet sweet ladies. Most are older and gentle spirits. They are so happy I am there. They are already hoping I stay another go........I don't think I could afford it to be honest.

Stuff goes up 4X come "in season" - but it will be a blast 13 weeks.
Tried to call my agency to let them know how it went- they were closed due to a blizzard. Colorado

I thin this will be such a awesome AWESOME first go. I in no way want to be negative but I will be ready to head more south come the end of this stint. Maybe Florida..... I dunno- this place will triple in price. I don't want to work for free. SWEET now though!!!! YES INDEED...........

I am so tired. Sorry for not personals..... been up since 4 and just done....... all about you all tomorrow!!!!!!

The bus coming for Lori and Nic- week-end girls- all welcome. they are just close, more the better- but I know Trig/ Blue- = $$$$
I am just a few hours now from these gals- and would love grab. Maybe next gig in MN- HAHAHAHAHAH- to NC!!!!!!

Who know whereI will go next......

I apologize...... tired and struggling to keep eyes open. It was good, I think it will ge great, I will look for next assignment when the time comes.That is what travel is.....nothing about the facility... it is about the ability to stay here and afford it....I see why people pile in here. I am KUCKY to get to experience it at any season.

Crab cakes again. I just can't stop eating them-

NITE- sorry all about me
  #2989   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-19, 19:28

BF:

My spelling out of bounds and I don't have energy to care
  #2990   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 03:42

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I woke up this morning wondering if there would be an update from you Jaz. So glad to see one.....I don't care how it's spelled! I knew you would be spinning and exhausted from Day 1, especially when you didn't sleep Sunday night! Glad to hear that the ladies are sweet and are happy you're there. It sounds like it will be a good experience all the way around. How did Bella do on her first day alone? She's such a good girl.

I am up at 4AM....yes, Gabby. I woke up about 2:30 on my own and couldn't get back to sleep. Of course, when Gabby wanted me up....I had finally fallen asleep! Sigh.....

I guess I'll be house bound today due to weather. I hear sleet hitting the windowsills, but not much snow. I think North of us will get more snow and mess. We will probably get more ice, which is far from ideal.

I was so tired last night after my day yesterday. I went to the gym to run at 9 and then tried the Yin yoga class at 10:15. It was good....a different style of yoga that is VERY slow and you hold the poses/stretches for several minutes. Supposed to be good for joints. I will do it again. The gym was a madhouse as yesterday was day #1 for the new members coming from the Y. The merger is complete and there were people all over. I got the last treadmill and we have a lot of them! The front desk was mobbed with people trying to get their new membership cards etc. I told the girl at the front desk that I did not have time to wait, as I had a live run scheduled. She just waved me thru. I took care of getting my new card/picture after class. Anyway, I sure hope it calms down...I'm used to having my pick of treadmills or whatever...spoiled!

After that I came home to shower and then started my errands. I went to get my passport pic taken.....OY.....talk about monkey butt ugly! Glasses off and no expression are the rules. It looks like a mug shot. I think if I really look like that picture, I have no business being out in public! I stopped at the grocery store and then the meat market, home to get my paperwork together for passport and then to the post office to mail. I hope I did everything right. I did all that fasted from the day before. I ended up fasting for over 20 hours till I finally ate something about 2 yesterday afternoon. Today is an eating day....yay!

I'll be back later to check on you all!
  #2991   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 05:58

BF:

Good Morning my gal pals!!!!
Yesterday was better than I conveyed in my post. I was just too tired to write. I didn't sleep well last night either? I brought my own pillows? But I got hot and had to pee at 3:30 and never went back to sleep!!! Two night in a row now.

Yesterday I drove to the hospital with sleet and ice balls hitting my windshield. I wondered if you NIC were getting the snow!!!

Funny you compared my first day to first day of school. It felt JUST LIKE THAT!!!!
Yes I think this is truly going to be such a pleasant experience. People are sweet, down to earth and sorta small town concern. My "mentor"- is maybe 61-62ish, very sweet. She is dealing with some real issues with her 88 year mom, and felt she could tell me all about it.

Today is more general orientation. It was nice to meet the team yesterday. I was also thrilled to know that the outfits I bought will fit right in. Ya can't go wrong with slacks, and turtle necks. Basic not to fussy, and a lab coat. They don't dress up to go to a hospital!!!!

I was so tired yesterday afternoon. I was tired of sitting. I met another travel nurse there and she and I will be in the same dept. We were chatting about travel nursing life. She has been doing it for 10 years. She doesn't have a house and responsibilities. She is footloose and fancy free and is really pulling in some $$$. That is the key to this gig. I am going to have to give this some thought.

I was even considering doing a Airbnb situation and hiring a cleaning service. But my house right now is not set up for that just yet. But having it sit there costing $$ is not smart if I want to do this for awhile. However I was and am not ready to decide today. All my bills are paid and all is well.

I am practicing being in the moment. I thing this experience will be one I will remember forever.
Sorta like Nic's kid going on travel. It takes ya outta your comfort zone and learn new people, places and new experiences. I am telling my self to slow down and enjoy it. 13 weeks will fly! They have hinted yesterday about me staying.
I MIGHT have considered it if it were 1.) not going to be a sky high rent in the spring, and 2.) not a 2 day drive home and back each way! The drive was brutal. Not busy- just long hours in the car with dog!
I am thinking maybe something within a days drive away. I still think a Nashville gig would be fun. I am highly enjoying myself!!!!
It is exactly what the doctor ordered!!! A healing of sorts! An opportunity to recover from UHC. Leave my 4 walls and explore!!!
Love it!!!!
Done about me....... it is going great- and you ladies are SO SO SO supportive it just makes my heart grow 3 x- hahahahahah-
-------------------------------------------------
Nic- I have a frigadair gas stove and oven in one. They aren't separate. It is one unit. Is your oven different that your stove top? I think you will love gas. But is your house wired for gas?
Does Bosh sell ovens? That is the best of all you know that!!!

Girl I get you with being a grouch on some days! Hey we all having them. I tell ya - my days usually also would coincide with starting my cycle. I would get so mad- that my EX would be like....hummmmm it must be that "time" again. Darn if he wasn't right 9/10!!!!! - Even that pissted me off!!!

Lori- - at the rate I am going the only place I will take you ladies is Big Fish. I have not stopped eating crab cakes! Seriously!!!
Although the Boardwalk is like you remembered it. It has not changed so I am told in 50 years! Pretty cool!!!
Can't wait to see you and Nic-. I was thinking after Nic's DS goes back to school- toward end of Jan. We can chat it up in an email!
Awesome you got your passport taken care of! Are you getting this nasty winter weather?

Blue
- Trig- what are you ladies up too?!!!!????!!!- Wish you were closer!
------------------------------------------
I swear I am going to toss this scale into the trash and call it a day. I know I have lost a little something as the pants I JUST bought before I left are already loose. I am torn between wearing them anyway and seeing is they shrink a little rather than run out and get another size right now.
the good news- I am eating well, and moving, and working and just all good.
My sleep needs to get better!

Bella is doing well. She is a bit needing some pumpkin- a bit of fiber. Maybe because she is not getting her noon walk. I feel a bit guilty! It has been a minute since I have been gone from 730-5. She loved me being at home. Like I am made just for her. She is a bit needy right now. Plus she is sleeping a lot! I worry about this ol gal!

Well- my time this morning is up- gotta toss on some clothes and roll. Takes me all of 7 minutes to get to the hospital! AWESOME!!!!-

Whoot from DELMARVA!!!!!!!!-
  #2992   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 06:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Mean scary Nicco is coming out for a spin huh? LOL you had me laughing on that. I get it tho!

I hate buying big items also. Not sure what to get. And having a furnace trouble thing now, and other things gonna go on ya probably. You are in that 'tear your hair out' phase Feel for you!!

Congrats on your drop and never worry, hold your way of eating and all good things come as we know.

Jaz...yea your saying things go up in season. They sure do in those areas. like 4 times....wow, if you did stay your rental cost of any apt. would be very expensive. I get that. But of course your income wouldn't go up so I get the unbalance on that.

You must be super tired. All this coming to a head and now you are working. Chillax as much as you can. Just relax thru this first week and go home and sleep the tired away

Chat up with that other traveling nurse more. She can give you a ton of insights if she has been doing this for like 10 yrs. cool info I bet from her.

No reason to decide it all. Just think about it. How it fits your life and more. Closer to your home jobs? What you want out of all this.....you will decide how to roll once you get a feel for what it truly is all about with life as a travel nurse.
No need to decide today on any of it

Lori...sleet hitting the windows. ugh.
we have big rain right now. ugh but nicer than your weather LOL

So the Y came over and a flood of people happened. yuk. I hope it doesn't get super crowded for you. I am not a fan of super crowded anything HA

OMG I did a driver license renewal. Mug shot also. I thought the same, if I really look like this picture heaven help me big time. I know that feeling, it stinks bleck.

HI BLUE

today is rain
a lot of it

kid off school, no exams today for her and the day off doesn't count etc.

might do movie later? she said she wants to hit the store later this afternoon and buy her friends a little Xmas present each. 5 of them. So we might do that. No clue what she wants to get each of them.

Kinda need a grocery shop but not in the mood. been putting off going a bit now. I just run down to the little close small grocery and grab a few things as needed. Haven't hit the big grocery for a big shop in a while....which is good, all that other crap in the pantry is finally going down and being used. So that helps. I am SO SICK of the grocery store truly. Eh, one day I might go and do it LOL

easy day mostly. this and that and small stuff depending on kid etc. other than that, with the icky day I got some tv in my future, a nap and a ribeye. hey why not HA

great day all
  #2993   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 11:40

BF:

Jaz- So glad your first day was good. I have no doubt you were exhausted. You have been insanely busy over the past five days!

Makes total sense to me that staying there during the busy season would be really hard and expensive. Plus much busier and more traffic.

No, my oven and range are all one unit- but there are two ovens instead of an oven and a drawer. So, I have a smaller (half size) upper oven and then a lower full size oven below, with the range on top. LOVE the upper oven and use it about 90% of the time. I will go for the two oven model again.

Jaz by the time we get there you will have been to other places to eat. I definitely am going to want to go to more than one place!

Loving your short commute for you!

Lori- I've been thinking about signing up at the 50+ center for a class similar to that. Not yoga but Qigong or Tai Chi or something like that. Glad you liked it!

That would annoy me too- the gym being so busy. Sort of like how it is after New Years until about late February, right?

Enjoy your home day today!

Trig- you have to not smile for a driver's license too? I didn't know that!

I hear you on not shopping so people eat stuff that we have. I need to do that too. Although once DS21 gets here some of this stuff will be eaten up, I hope!

••••••••

I am having a home day today. In the AM, the guy came to fix the heat (that was currently working but had been wonky twice this season.) Still under extended warranty so he replaced a part and no charge of any kind for us. Love that. Hope he knew what he was doing and did it correctly. This company can be very iffy on doing repairs correctly.

Then at 2pm I have someone coming to walk through the house and give me an estimate for house cleaning. I will say, for probably the third time, that I love my robo vacuum! The main floor not only appears so much cleaner without the dog hair and dust but it is motivating me to keep the other areas up to snuff.

I decluttered the loft area today. It had been bothering me. Ultimately I think we will bring the desk/hutch that is up there down to the living room/library/office and then DH can use that space for his magic tricks (plus we have a few bookshelves up there.)

Day 8 today of being on track, no cheats, and today I dropped a pound and some change. Yay, the whoosh came! I am just shy of five pounds now. My plan is to work in five pound goals, so I am approaching meeting the first goal. Hooray!!

Foggy, wet, chilly day out. Nice day to be in. Enjoying the quiet before both boys are home to roost for a while!
  #2994   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 17:06

BF:

OMG NIC- - my dog would totally attack a robot anything that moves. she HATES the vacuum as it is!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
About your oven - so hoping you get gas. But hey you are the one in charge!
So you are tooling around and getting holiday stuff done at your pace. I know you will be excited to sit your DS 21/ 22?
Is the GF coming too? Are they NOT engaged yet? What is the hold up!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Lori-
- so cool you have time to work out. Does your hubby go with you? This is so your passion. I know you could do coaching if you wanted, like a motivated coach. You motivate me!
You are the work out girl!

Trig- So you and the kiddo got the day off huh!!!!- good on you. I am missing my warm weather!!!!!!!! But I guess it got nasty / school closing there!
Today was tuna salad lunch/ Pulled pork dinner and I am very full. Side of roasted cauliflower. Wasn't needed- I am so full. -
Doing SOOOOOOOO much better. Still can't do chicken right now.

Blue- HEY- Missing you!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Today I am wiped out. Lack of sleep catching up with me.
My neck is killing me- I am sleeping wrong. LORI- I could so use your massage gal!!!!! Hurting!
I had a great day though. Spent a ton of time hanging with the other traveler. She as mentions has been doing this for 10 years and making a ton of $$$. BUT she doesn't have another home to support.
She was so supportive though.

I agreed to work Christmas- I would do nothing but sit around here in an empty condo with nothing to do and all stores closed! I will make triple pay and the $$$$$ is jaw dropping! HELLO yes I will work. I was told it is dead there and to bring a magazine! OK THEN!!!!!

I really need sleep more than anything right now, and neck relief!
I really miss my bed! - other than that - great day!
ON plan- and all is well here in DELMARVA!!!!!!!!!!
= Delaware/ Maryland/ Virgνnia! - NOD to NIC!!!!! HAHAHAHa
  #2995   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 20:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Oh man, the appliance choice! So not my wheel bucket. I'll just say two things. Hubby does not mind our electric stove at all. Hates our electric stove top. Don't know if combos are available. And, agree w/you, toaster ovens take up a lot of counter space---if you've got it to spare, great. If you're going to have to hoist it in and out of whatever place you store it, imo, nah. Imo, toaster ovens are great if you can afford the space. We learned real fast here that it was totally redundant if we had to give up counter space for it.

BRAVO girl on the whoosh!

Trig---A "snow day"---love it. Some of the happiest days of my childhood and teen years were snow days. Unexpected days off for everyone, or at least a good excuse to be late.

Love that kiddo wants to get her 5 friends Xmas gifts. Will love to hear what she chooses, and so fun that she includes you in all of this. AND, always good to see the enjoyment of giving grow in our kids.

Lori---I may need to e you about your live runs on the treadmill. Some big tech advances in my life, LOL, see below.

Jaz---Gotta say, I am so loving this new chapter for you. Your posts are so jam packed w/yummy info and new things! You've hardly been there for a minute and yet so many new experiences. No wonder you're exhausted.

I hear you already trying to decide whether you'll stay or go or what's next, and I would too in your shoes. But fact is, you can't begin to have the info to know that yet---so much awaits you! What I love is so many wide open choices for you right now. All you need to do is be good at this job, which I KNOW you will be and otherwise sit back a bit and let some gentle forces lead you forward. I feel that's in "Delmarva" for you. Really do see this as a sabbatical haven for you. All on a beautiful winter shore.

And heck yeah, I'd work Xmas for that kind of $$$ too. Money ain't everything, but for sure it equals more choices in so many ways. And that's kind of part of your new freedom now too. Y'know, tradition is great, but you've kind of been excused from it this year. So why not put some big green in your life, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, my days are so full right now, things constantly popping.

My biggest news is hubby got me an iPhone 8 Plus for Xmas. One of those someone else opened it and returned it jobs and he got a freaking amazing price on and has more than I need.

So we went to Sprint to get everything set up. It was one big LOL. Two young guys were helping us, and getting a huge kick out of the fact that my cell phone was from 2004!

Let's just say I'm a late adaptor in this regard, or more to the point, I just have never cared about having a cell phone except at night, or on untraveled roads by myself, or in inclement weather. Ha. Weeks would go by w/out me even charging the darn thing.

It is a point of much joking amongst colleagues and friends, but thing is, none of them can say I don't get right back to them. I have e-mail and check it regularly. In fact, I get back to my clients faster than they get back to me, so they want to get all finger pointy about me not using my cell, but they can't because I'm always there when they need me.

LOL, Nic, this is kind of like the oven AND toaster oven issue. I just have never cared to give up the mental counter space to the redundancy of a cell phone. I know, whaaaaaaaat?!?! you think.

Thing is, I love technology that turns me on. I'm an ace at what I need and like to do on the computer. Anything other than that for me, meh. Not being stubborn or a proud luddite as I think some who know me may think. Nope. Just being me and trying to get away w/it in a world going the other way.

BUT, my hubby finally grabbed on to my bullhorns and said enough. Surprised me w/this new iPhone for Xmas. So all set up, if much yet to learn. I am excited by the better camera, Siri,---oh and yeah, they sold us up on the amazing wireless ear buds so you can stick one in and talk to your phone w/out touching it. (And satisfy the driving "hands off" laws) Heh. Went from 20 miles an hour to 100 miles an hour in the hands of two millennial "sell up guys."

So my mind is spinning w/moving forward stuff today. Other stuff blooming too, but too brain tired to say more after those Sprint millennial kids put me thru the rigors.

Good day. All kinds of fun and challenging stuff.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Dec-17-19 at 20:11.
  #2996   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 20:05

BF:

Blue: I will reply on everything else tomorrow, but I will just say this- you will LOVE texting with your son. Calls are great, emails are great, but texts are just the bomb for sharing a thought, or asking a quick question, or just an I love you, or this made me think of you (complete with picture etc.) I text with my family daily. We also have a text group called "Little Family" dubbed by my DD that has been going on for a couple of years now. It is just an ongoing conversation, comments, funny memes etc. Just a great way to open up that communication in a totally different way that, to me, feels like they are right here with me. Very personal and easy.
  #2997   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 21:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Yep, Nic. THIS is the most important thing to me. Son and I chat all the time, but he will love me texting him. In fact, he was my first text, except I got the wrong number and sent it to his dad out of habit, to which hubby replied WRONG NUMBER! LOLOLOL. It pinged back and at first that's all I saw and thought I sent it to some stranger.

Anywho, Son and I going back and forth now. Must say, I really prefer talking to him. SIGH. But I've had a good long text-less run, time to join the rest of the human race. Although I must say, it's just more, more, more communication all the time, always possible at any second, any minute of the day. Not sure I'm going to love that.

Like I said, y'all think I'm a social butterfly, but what may not be visible to you guys is that I've very much kept that in times I want to be there and connected. Never have had a phone that speaks to me, as I speak to it, as others speak to me, as we all speak to each other, all the freaking time, LOL.
  #2998   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 05:30

BF:

Blue WELCOME clap: to the 21 Century!!! You will love texting!!!!!! - Only reason for sure I have a phone. Although I do enjoy my morning calls from my son. My DD usually only texts as her life is crazy with kids!!!

So funny your hubby said enough!!!!!- You really went for the top dog of phones! I have a crappy basic phone I bought for 100 bucks and use Verzon prepaid plan. Nothing fancy but my bill is super low!
Because I have a prepaid plan I rarely get robo calls. Now you can take pic's and send them to us via your phone!!!!!

NIC - I like shopping for appliances. I did not say LOVE. Although I so dislike when good appliances don't work! They do not make them like they used to. My grandmother had the same stove for 40 years! I think her refrigerator was going on 20! Stuff was made to last back in the day.
Just think if they made them like that now- so many companies would be out of work! Back in the day Maytag was the thing, now it's Bosh! Funny how that works.
Let us know what you get!

When is the DS slated to roll in???? I just can't believe that Christmas is next week. Wow......

LORI
I so so so was thinking of you this morning. I so need a yoga, stretch, or just be able to stretch to put on socks video!!!! I am so not limber like I used to be, and that bothers me!!!!
I sure gotta give it to you to invest in your self the way you do. You will be better for it!

What on tap for you today?

TRIG- - Schools open now? Is the kiddo off all next week? I know you are cruising and doing your thing!!!! Is the hubby hunting? Does he stay in NC when he goes?
Whats happening in your world this week?
----------------------------------------------------------
Morning ladies!!!! Cold as cold can be here!!!!
Today is my last day of general orientation. Then I head up to my unit this afternoon for precepting. I'm going to hit the floor running I can tell. That is the expectation of a travel nurse.
The good news this is not a big hospital. It is a small rural facility with a census of 130 as of yesterday. I will give them credit though for a small facility they are doing some real high quality programs. The bigger hospitals could take some cues!

Yup- BLUE I agree that yes I am thinking about the "what about after."..... have too. But I am making an effort to stop, slow down and relish THIS moment in the here and now! I might not ever get the opportunity I have right now in this place and space. So it's grand! What a blessing to celebrate the holidays in a sweet little costal town!
If I am not hanging out with the family then this is second best. I am going to be honest here. I am glad that the holidays have been taken off the plate for me. Last year was such a disaster at my mom's...... I will leave it at that.

Got up AGAIN at 330!!!! URGHHHHHHH- Whats up with this? I am going to buy one of those "white noise" machines. I had a fan at home, but it is too cold for that here. A noise machine would be good.

Ok- gotta run!!!!!!!- back at ya later!!!!! - ON plan and the scale is not moving. I am going to stop weighing!
  #2999   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 06:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good morning!

Blue....a whole new world open to you with this new phone! Some of it really good, some of it a pain in the a$$!! It will take you a while to get on to all the bells & whistles.

Jaz...I have been wondering if you're going to be a floor nurse working with patients, or in more of an administrative capacity? I know you'll be great at whatever you do.

Hope your sleep settles in before long. I wonder if it's all just part of the new experiences and excitement? A white noise machine couldn't hurt.

You asked what I'm doing today. I'll head to the gym about 10:30 to do my little weight training upper body workout and then I have a Charge run scheduled for 11:15. (Charge Running is the name of the App that I use.) At Noon there is a restorative yoga class that I'm going to go to.

Trig....what did you and kiddo get into yesterday? Wonder what she has in mind to buy for her friends? Such a nice gesture.

Nic.....glad you're liking your robot vacuum. I think they would be awesome, especially with pets. I think we have too much "stuff" lying around that would be a problem for the poor robot.

Congrats on the "whoosh" of weight loss! You are back in the zone girl! Congrats! How awesome to have a nice drop on the scale right before the holidays.
----------

As I said above, I'll be hitting the gym later today. Anxious to see how crowded it is around Noon. Monday at 9 was a madhouse. I'm hoping that was just because it was the first day with the new Y members. We'll see.

Yesterday I got my Christmas gifts organized and wrapped. I hate wrapping gifts, so I bought a lot of those boxes that already looked wrapped...genius! My kids will laugh as I'm sure they have childhood memories of my wrapping fiascoes. One year I used the funnies from the newspaper when I didn't have enough Christmas paper. I need 1 more thing for my daughter in law and a few gift cards/cash and that's it. Oh......and all the stocking stuff. Why on earth did I buy the 4 boys huge Christmas stockings with their names on them? Now I have to fill them every year.......sigh...it was easier when they were younger. What do you put in teenage boys stockings? Any ideas?

Ok....cat wants in yet again. This is my life, let the cat out, let the cat in, feed the cat, hold the cat.

Have a good one!
  #3000   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-19, 07:30

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori.....Ok....cat wants in yet again. This is my life, let the cat out, let the cat in, feed the cat, hold the cat.

You have me laughing. That cat rules ya Smart kitty!!!

Got ideas on teenage boys big stocking....you put in BIG stuff.
Big can of nuts they each like. One of those mini nerf footballs they can throw around. Will take up a lot of space...then ya cram candy they like around it.
DONE deal HAHA

Hope your gym is quiet. You won't like an overcrowded change I am sure. Hope it doesn't go down like that for you.

Blue...you are modern now HUH? Very cool. Now I don't own a cell phone so I am the true dinosaur in this mix here Few years I gotta have one as kid goes out more into life. So I am trying to talk me into that time. ugh. I still don't want one but will have to have it. You sound so darn happy with it...neato!!!

You sound chipper! Love it!

Nicco so happy the whoosh came Always good and helps keep us more on track when we see good results. Cool...rock it down the scale!!

New house cleaner. Firing the old ones? Maybe a better price? just wondering

I bet that declutter felt good! I love a minimal type home. Clutter is evil to me HA glad you got that done!

Jaz, just do your job, see where it all goes. You are cool at this point. You got good money coming in....you got a nice apt to live....you are liking this hosp. so far.....enjoy the heck out of this change!!! Never know where it will lead

hey all

shop today with kid. she was too tired yesterday. yea staying up til like 4 am will do that to you. ugh.

so waking her around 10 and out we go.

4 friends it is for prez.
And this is it:
1 girl a tee-shirt with a toaster and electrical cord on it that says 'the new bath bomb'----
1 boy in their group, he is goth. So black spike bracelet for him.
1 girl inside joke (who knows) is a Disney princess soap dispenser and Disney bath bombs
1 girl loves reading classics. Getting her the Grapes of Wraith book...…

and what kind of geeky clique is this? omg too darn funny

so getting that today.

will hit meat dept. no food planned today. see what I wanna buy and bring it home and cook it.

hubby coming home on friday. cold as heck. he is hunting alone now. he likes it but getting bored I think. whatever. he does whatever he wants during hunt season. I have no involvement at all LOL

very cold out. sunny which is nice.

gonna get things handled a bit, shower, get kid moving and out the door.

never did hit the movie? not sure if that will happen. Maybe next week?
play by ear

everything with kid is play by ear

great day all
Closed Thread