Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:03
Call me Magic

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/194/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default Relacore

I just started taking Relacore and I'm wondering if anyone out there who's taking it (Lily!) can let me know what 'effects' you felt at the beginning (if any). I'm feeling really sleepy today and I'm not sure if it's because I've had a long, tiring week or because of the Relacore.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:08
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

You may be overworked. Cause Relacore gives you energy.

I've felt nothing but energetic since I've been taking it on top of what OoO already has given me.

Here is a link I have up for Relacore where others are also posting their results.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=180984
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:22
Call me Magic

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/194/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 56%

Thanks tons Lily!! I knew you'd have some info. I'm so sleepy....must be staying up too late or something.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:27
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

You're welcome.

Get some rest now.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:49

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

AFWife- Can I ask how many times do you take the Relacore a day? Do you take it the reccomended 3 times a day? Do you think you could take it less??

I am seriously thinking about purchasing Relacore. I think I do have alot of stress living with 5 males. Especially with 2 teenagers and my high strung DH When I lose weight the last place it comes off is the belly area, so I am wondering if this would work for me.

Also on the bottle does it say How many mg of dhea is in one capsule??
TIA!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 09:51
PuertoRican Princess

BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4boys
AFWife- Can I ask how many times do you take the Relacore a day? Do you take it the reccomended 3 times a day? Do you think you could take it less??

I am seriously thinking about purchasing Relacore. I think I do have alot of stress living with 5 males. Especially with 2 teenagers and my high strung DH When I lose weight the last place it comes off is the belly area, so I am wondering if this would work for me.

Also on the bottle does it say How many mg of dhea is in one capsule??
TIA!

I take the recommended 3 a day. I honestly don't know if you will get results by taking less.

DHEA count is not established on bottle. But all that is, is a natural hormone which gives you energy so I wouldn't worry about it.

I've got energy but it's not like I'm bouncing off the walls so it's not dangerous or anything.

Keep us posted if you decide to take it.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 10:59

Stats: 260/213/199 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I did a medline search for Relacore and found absolutely nothing. I could not find even one medical study to show it works. I was very disappointed. I know some people have lost weight and inches while on it, but I suspect that was the low carb diet and had nothing to do with the medication.

The theory of blocking cortisol makes sense, there is just no evidence that relacore does that.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 11:14
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrrl
I did a medline search for Relacore and found absolutely nothing. I could not find even one medical study to show it works. I was very disappointed. I know some people have lost weight and inches while on it, but I suspect that was the low carb diet and had nothing to do with the medication.

The theory of blocking cortisol makes sense, there is just no evidence that relacore does that.

But there is evidence that it does work. A few of us here have already experienced what it can do.

I have been lc for 6 months without an inch lost in my gut area, so I know it's the medication working.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-04, 16:15

Stats: 187/156/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 66%
Default Relacore and INDUCTION

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I have a question. I have been doing Atkins for a while now, and was in my third week of induction, my ketone strips were turning purple, and then after two days of relacore, I got kicked out of induction. My ketone strips stopped turning purple. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't change my eating habits, I didn't do anything different, and all of a sudden I was kicked out. My husband went to war, and I fell off my OWL, and have noticed the weight coming back mostly in my belly area, I figured it was because of the stress of him being at war, that has caused the belly gain, thus the relacore. I sure could use some stress manament aid, but not if it's going to affect my ketosis. Your opinions and experiences would really help. Oh, I saw on an earlier post, that someone said the relacore made them more sleepy, that's EXACTLY what it did to me. Knocked me out. Thanks for listening, and thanks for your unput. Susie
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-04, 04:19
PuertoRican Princess

BF:
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSloopy
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, I have a question. I have been doing Atkins for a while now, and was in my third week of induction, my ketone strips were turning purple, and then after two days of relacore, I got kicked out of induction. My ketone strips stopped turning purple. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't change my eating habits, I didn't do anything different, and all of a sudden I was kicked out. My husband went to war, and I fell off my OWL, and have noticed the weight coming back mostly in my belly area, I figured it was because of the stress of him being at war, that has caused the belly gain, thus the relacore. I sure could use some stress manament aid, but not if it's going to affect my ketosis. Your opinions and experiences would really help. Oh, I saw on an earlier post, that someone said the relacore made them more sleepy, that's EXACTLY what it did to me. Knocked me out. Thanks for listening, and thanks for your unput. Susie

First off let me say I pray your DH comes back from war safe and sound.

Also, those strips, I don't even use them. Some medication can (from what I've read) make them change color and it doesn't mean you are not in ketosis. Go by how you feel and if you are losing weight don't worry about what those strips say. IMO (in my opinion) it's a waiste of money.

Relacore never made me sleepy.

Hang in there and Welcome to the forum.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 10:50
Registered Member

Stats: 129/125/101 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress:

newgirl,
You are not the only one, I felt awful after taking it, I got really sleep and tire, and very emotionally as well. I have read that we also are not the only one that felt that way. But one did mentioned that once her body start getting use to, the side effect went away. I will try to stick with it.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 13:19

Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%
Angry

I am on my 4th day of relacore and my mood has been terrible. Just ask my children! I am hoping it gets better soon. Have not noticed any good effects yet but I will keep taking it.Donnie
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-04, 21:46
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I posted in the other thread, but I'll follow this one as well.. I just started taking it this morning, and about 2 hours after the first dose, started feeling kind of cranky and PMS-y... kind of "off" all day. Since I took teh first dose fairly late in the morning, I only got in one more dose, at about 5 pm. I still feel kind of out of sorts, and a slight headache.

I'll give it a few doses, but if the feeling doesn't let up soon, it'll go back to GNC.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 02:09
Registered Member

Stats: 129/125/101 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress:

I've been on it for 1 week now and I have not lost anything, but my energy is high.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-04, 09:27
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

The more I read on it, the more convinced I am that, like anything, instant results are too much to expect. It would take a while for any real reduction in the belly fat, since it would take a while for the supression of cortisol to take effect, then even longer for the body to burn sufficient fat stores to see a real difference. This also presumes that your fat storage is cortisol-related in the first place.

So far, I'm feeling better, still a tad edgy and easily emotional, but not as bad as the first couple days... I did sleep a little better, whether it's from the relacore or out of exhaustion from all the activities...

I'll give it the full try, since aside from the edginess and "mild digestive disturbances" I'm convinced I'm feeling less stress effects than I usually would. If I see overall improvement after the bottle is used, I'll stay on it for a while. I'm not looking for a miracle, just a little help.