Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 23:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Does anyone experience heartburn?

This is really weird but I had heartburn today and I usually do not get it. I ate pork chops and broccoli, but that wasn't an irregular food on my diet. I think that tums and rolaids have sugar, so I'll stick it out, but I am very uncomfortable.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 23:48

Stats: 261.4/160/155 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 95%

that's odd that you're having heartburn. well, once i had like 6 hard-boiled eggs and i got major heartburn the rest of the day. actually, before the diet, i needed a heartburn pill that lasted 12 hrs every day. i was miserable, but when i started dieting, it went away completely.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 03:44

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

I rarely get heartburn but I've experienced it the past few days. It is strange because I don't eat a lot of foods traditionally associated with heartburn. However I did have a LARGE meal on Wednesday night, so I think it's my tummy still gettin' used to that.

To answer your question, however, no in general I do not experience heartburn due to LC.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 07:38

Stats: 350/340/175 Female 5'6"
BF:56%/55%/25%
Progress: 6%

All my heartburn went away when I started this diet. I hope it passes for you quickly and never comes back.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 08:31

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Ginger?

My heartburn got MUCH better on LC but I still have intermittent bouts and haven't figured out all the triggers. Definitely, eating "differently" is one possible problem. Do you eat from the brassica family regularly? Some people react to them. I can't tolerate napa cabbage, although raw broccoli and cooked kale don't cause any problems.

I keep ginger capsules on hand. They make for exotic burps but can help with heartburn sometimes. Alka-selzer helps, too.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 12:43
wrkn off da baby fat

Stats: 242.5/242.5/160 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I dont just get heartburn..I get full fledged acid reflux....I only get it occassionally but with this diet its usually triggered by a combo of high fat and cheese together....bummer. I keep a pack of Tagamet in my cabinet cause acid reflux is very painful.