Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-20, 09:54

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default SteadyMD

When I moved here to Florida 9 years ago it took me a while and a couple false starts to find a doctor I liked but was finally happy with the one I found, and I liked her PA too. But I’ve just recently learned that she is gone and has left the practice! I’m pretty bummed. So I’ve been pondering what to do.

And since I hate going to a doctor’s office anyway I’ve been toying with the idea of a telehealth concierge practice. One that keeps coming up as I move around the web is SteadyMD. A good overview can be found here:
https://www.innerbody.com/steadymd-review

I like that you can select a doctor based on various preferential criteria, like one who is keto friendly. But could I find a doctor who supports keto, IF, obesity and thyroid issues, etc?

I searched the forums to see if anyone here had some experience with them but got zero hits.

I only saw one negative in reviews which wouldn’t apply to me much anyway. Someone complained that they advertise a large choice of doctors who will fit your needs, and this person was offered only two doctors total and neither seemed quite right.

Well it turned out the person lived in Montana or someplace like that. SteadyMD replied that while they are virtual the doctor must still be licensed to practice in the state where the patient resides, and as they are growing they have concentrated on the states with the largest populations, specifically mentioning NY, CA, TX and FL. But hope to expand more doctors to other states. But since I live in FL I should have choices.

Of course it costs $99/month, not covered by insurance, but that gets you unlimited access to your doctor via phone, text, and video chat as required. I can afford it if I decide to go with it. Lots of thinking to do. Anyone else looked into something like this?
Sponsored Links