Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-01, 21:26

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default The best laid plans...

Today was supposed to be the day. Had 2 cigarettes left when I woke up. Had a rather upsetting conversation with a friend - who will be out of town for the next week. Went outside to smoke. There I discovered the pool enclosure workers busy working. Unfortunately, the aluminum they were putting up was the wrong color. They pulled their paperwork, color white. I pulled my contract, color bronze. Many phone calls, much frustration. Don't even remember smoking that last cigarette. For anyone who hasn't been following the comedy of errors that has gone on in this house remodeling project of mine, heed this warning. Don't remodel. Ever. Live with it, burn it down, move - any of these options is better.
Anyway, by 10 a.m. I was off to the store to buy more smokes.
Totally pathetic.
It is really no excuse.
Smoking didn't make everything magically right.
Feeling pretty stupid right now.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-01, 21:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Atriana, you're right, smoking wouldn't make anything better, but I think it's almost impossible to quite a habit, much less an addiction, under great stress. Don't kick yourself. Schedule it the next day you know you'll have time to yourself and can control your schedule. I quit during vacation. I had a whole week to decompress. I couldn't have done it fighting with contractors either
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-22-01, 18:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/Kiss
Stats: 160/120/110
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hugs Atriana, don't scold yourself. You've made up your mind, you will quit when you are ready. I know how difficult it is, I'm down to ten from 40 a day and I've given myself until dec 26 to stop completely. I don't know if I'll make it. Just have to keep trying, over and over.
If we fall we pick ourselves up and try again, it's the only way I decided. Keep trying.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-24-01, 11:36

Plan: Low Carb - Real Foods
Stats: 177/168.5/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default No worries!

Atriana,

It's not a big deal. Most people who quit smoking have to try many times before they do it for good. It is like leaving a really bad relationship.

Remember what I said: Failing at quiting will only happen if you quit trying.

This isn't the first time I have tried to quit. Heck, I made it almost 8 months before (then moved to Vancouver...that will do it for anyone).

We are here for you, and you CAN do it.

Linnea