Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#481   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-20, 07:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HA HA Thud....it is normal that carbs from meat/seafood are not carbs from plants...it is all about what the carb food delivery food is into your body if you think about it. Well that is what hardcore zc people think out there LOL

Meggen your butter basted pork chop sounds delish. omg I ate chops back in my early zc time like crazy. Pork now is more off my list but did I love them before. Some pork ribs are still on my list and so are chops, but less now. Longer on plan almost all zc'ers head to beef as their staple. Just thru years of this we kinda all fall that way but when we start carnivore, we eat the world and enjoy every bit of it

Hope your new fry pan is great for you. I bought a wok. I flash fry my steaks cause I eat them blue rare and I wanted a 'very high' sided pan so I got a wok. I super heat it, add a tad of butter, throw in steak and sizzle/smoke the world and flip and done. I love my wok now for that!!

Boar. yum. Hubby is a hunter and did some boar hunts and that meat. oh so good, hope ya score!!

----------for me today got 2 lbs of crab legs and butter. hit a great sale price. Small steak later or chicken, whatever on second meal when wanted. I am cruising my zc menu easily and loving it
Sponsored Links
  #482   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-20, 10:06

BF:

just coming into zc or new name carnivore.

there is reasons we do what we do.

science behind it totally.

how we work the plan.

why we don't do XYZ and more and drop baggage from our lives.

ZC is a natural state that has real reasons behind it.

We all never 'just come here' for weight loss cause keto or very LC or whatever dragged us here and if it did, listen to your body on coming this way....…...but remember zc is a plan with its values and benefits that work for us zc people. We are not and will never be 'lc theory', keto macros', any and all other plans and their hype included. We are not that.

Reseach true zc and new name out there carnivore, which carnivore is now being warped....Even Dr Paul S is warping by naming teirs and some include honey...omg such BS.

but zc is just that and never be fooled but learn why zc is what it is what what we all zc eaters follow

again, up to everyone to do homework on how we wanna roll
  #483   ^
Old Sun, Jun-21-20, 04:49

BF:

I have shrimp and chicken calling my name today.
woke up just wanting it LOL

I eat what I want, when I want and just follow zc and enjoy.

I dropped a whopping .4 on the scale. Hey that is cool for me after doing a 10 day beach trip with booze involved.

Old days I would come home up 3-6-8 lbs. maybe from my low carb eating days, but on zc I don't! ZC truly rocks if one holds plan and just lets the magic happen.

I could cut back to leaner meats more. I could eat less on purpose. I could try to fast and not eat. I could try a lot of 'old diet tricks' to lose faster but I won't do it. I won't do 'dieting' crap anymore. So as zc lets me lose, I lose and I do....be it small at times, all the smalls add up in the end, all the time I eat what I want, when I want. ZC and me get along so well!
  #484   ^
Old Mon, Jun-22-20, 05:42

BF:

HIP HIP....I dropped another .4 on the scale. Small yes but I eat all I want, when I want, big food and never track or think about 'dieting' in any way shape or form. ZC gives us that great easy plan....eat all the meat/seafood ya want and thrive and even tho the scale is slowly going down I am fine with it....along with that the body composition changes so well even without the scale moving. I see changes that I like LOL

All great in zc land for me Hope everyone else is doing well!
  #485   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-20, 04:42

BF:

well got a total drop this morn of 1.8. WEE

scale going down and done very slowly but I am eating so darn well and just enjoying my menu ZC rocks. Just eat the food and the weight slowly comes off, I am just fine with that
ZC rocks.
  #486   ^
Old Wed, Jun-24-20, 05:01

BF:

scale holding my loss so I like that. Just eat zc and your body changes as it wants while I eat so good. Ok I will take that HA

shrimp and steak. seems to be my settling point now. seems to be the 'thing I eat' all the time. Which is great, I love it so.....

all good
  #487   ^
Old Thu, Jun-25-20, 06:23

BF:

still doing zc great

got me a ribeye for later. yum. pair up with chicken maybe? don't know...my usual food....always includes beef/steak 99.9% of the time and something else in my day. works so well for me.
  #488   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-20, 06:24

BF:

woke up hungry

I have been eating a bit lower than normal....just cause I am not hungry and very HOT weather is coming in now and I am moving more and I go into a 'need less kinda food' mode more in summer. Normal for me.

but last night I was hungry so I fried up a lb. of bacon and melted some cheddar on it and OH SO GOOD.

today I got big meat planned. I will be eating well today.

holding my low on the scale. All good there, happy with all zc gives me and not ever looking back at those nasty azz carbs LOL

hope all you carnivores are doing well!!
  #489   ^
Old Fri, Jun-26-20, 10:54

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I slammed down 380g of protein yesterday - insane!
  #490   ^
Old Sat, Jun-27-20, 04:56

BF:

thud, I did a conversion since I don't know grams well....it converted to 0.837756596303.

does that mean you ate less than 1 lb.?

I mean I eat like 2 lbs. of meat per day.

So am I getting this right or is my conversion wrong cause under a lb. of meat on zc is like real low. Or are you in a non-hungry phase? I sure get those

just asking on it LOL

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Jun-27-20 at 05:15.
  #491   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-20, 06:53

BF:

I ate big yesterday all thru the day. Just hungry so I ate and nice thing is holding my lowest on the scale. Love zc just for that reason.

10 oz beef tenderloin steak
16 slices Taylor Ham
2 hot dogs, boiled and then 2 slices cheese toasted on top
6 salami slices
4 slim jims
1 chicken breast fried in butter with tad of rotisserie chicken seasoning.

I should have eaten big beef. But I had nothing big defrosted and after eating tenderloin I just kinda grazed thru the day and it was fine, I got full LOL

today is big beef. big old ribeye steak later and then dinner more steak with chicken. going all in and refilling the body as it wants.

you know, big eating days are a PIA....I gotta say I love the days I just eat less and get fuller faster.

but I know me, I go in cycles. Big eating, low eating...rinse and repeat. All good to me tho in the end. ZC suits me to a T
  #492   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-20, 09:29

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
thud, I did a conversion since I don't know grams well....it converted to 0.837756596303.

does that mean you ate less than 1 lb.?

I mean I eat like 2 lbs. of meat per day.

So am I getting this right or is my conversion wrong cause under a lb. of meat on zc is like real low. Or are you in a non-hungry phase? I sure get those

just asking on it LOL

Here’s the gov site that is used by most other sources https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/

Grams of protein are not the weight of the meat etc. of the food I ate but the protein there in. So let’s just reverse engineer this using 80/20 ground beef as example:

4oz 80/20 ground beef has ~19 grams of protein

19 goes into 380 twenty times

20 times 4oz is like 80oz

If my elementary education proved fruitful I recall there ar 16 oz in 1 pound so...

That’s like 5 lbs of meat in a day. No wonder the scale shot up. No one can eat 5 lbs of meat in a day. That’s like Paul Newman trying to eat 50 eggs...

BUT I DID IT!!!
  #493   ^
Old Sun, Jun-28-20, 16:16

BF:

oh yea I know the protein conversion thing.....but I just count by ounces.....like you said....16 oz is a lb. of meat. I eat 1 lb and am done....I said grams confuse me LOL and I see they still do HAHA
cool--ok--your 4 oz of meat is 19 grams and then you are counting that protein in grams, so yea 380g is a good haul for the day
I have days I can easily eat 3 lbs...I usually can't go over that. 3 is about my limit but I've read like Dana chowed down like 3-4 lbs. per day and she is not a big type person so....I think it is just who ya are and what you need when you need it.
  #494   ^
Old Mon, Jun-29-20, 07:19

BF:

woke up with "I don't care about food and big time no hungry' so eating less today is gonna happen.

flip flop thru massive big eating and very low......normal now with years on zero carb for me.

got 2.4 lbs. gone in June and will take it and feel FAB.

see what July brings me but sure nothing but the best of the best zc can offer LOL
  #495   ^
Old Tue, Jun-30-20, 08:16

BF:

holding my loss, small but victorious cause it meant I ate all the food I ever wanted and got full and happy as a clam and did well thru June

July I just continue on and zero carb is just a wonderful plan for meat hounds that are just that...all in for health and I am one of those LOL

got steak today, with shrimp and maybe alfredo sauce for dip shrimp or just go easy and do butter.....not ever being a 'chef' cause I hate the kitchen to me even alfredo is a lot of work HAHA and melting some butter is just oh so easy.

moving along in good form on carnivore!