Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-03, 07:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 150/140.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:doo/bee/doo
Progress: 32%
Default Went on vacation and fell off the wagon

Just got back from a 10-day vacation visiting the inlaws out West. Things started innocently enough...not wanting to be rude and refusing meals, not wanting to be seen as a picky eater, hearing, "Come on, you're on vacation!" and falling for it. By the end, I was eating the roll that was included in my airplane lunch.

According to the scale, I've gained 2lbs. but as someone else here said, I just feel plumper. Eating more carbs than I was used to left me feeling and looking bloated and nauseous.

The psychological effects are there too. Before, when I was sticking to my plan, I thought that I looked thinner. Looking at pictures of our trip, I think I look so heavy!

Anyway, I'm back now and am looking forward to losing some poundage on re-induction. I think the important thing is to realize that you make your own choices and that no one forces you to eat what you do. Yes, I did decide to eat what everyone else was eating, but I knew that I'd have to face the consequences of my own actions and that it's up to me to re-take control of the situation now.

This has also shown me how visiting the forum everyday really helps. Without it, you're not constantly reminded of how this way of eating really helps and works. Thanks for the support!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 08:57
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good outlook! You'll be back to your low-carb self in no time.