Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 19:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/153/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Am I a turtle???

I have been on Atkins 3 months & lost 2 lbs. Am I a turtle???

I am doing it right. My stix are purple. I workout 4 days a week. I have lost 0 inches. Is this WOE not for me?? Can some people not lose?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 01:30
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Jen, I think you gleaned by talking to others in different threads that breastfeeding is probably the source of your slow fat loss. Since you've recently stopped, how about regrouping your thoughts and continuing on with LC'ing?

Hormonal shifts can be "pesky" and yours are probably in the process of settling now.

You also came off WW, right into low-carbing so it can take a bit of time - along with the breastfeeding influence - for your body to re-tune itself.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/153/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I guess I am looking for that "definate" answer; someone to say,"Yes, that is definately the problem." But, I guess no one knows for sure how each individual will react to different foods, hormonal changes, etc. I will stick to it. Maybe another 2 months & than I will have to try another way of losing weight. I really enjoy this WOE & it doesn't feel like a "diet". I don't have a problem sticking with it, but I would like to lose the weight.

Some people say I need to cut my calories & others say I should increase them. I average between 1500-1800 a day. 10-12x my current weight is 1350-1500. But, I read that that is a minimum# of calories. Is that true, or is that the maximum# of calories?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 22:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 155/155/155 Female 5'2"
BF:20
Progress: 9%
Default Stall

If you are still breastfeeding you are supposed to have increased calories and if not breastfeeding, then are you still hungry most of the day, or satisfied. Do you have energy? Have you kept a food journal that the more experienced LCers could have a look at? Do you drink your water - you will need lots more water for the milk production.

Hang in there - this is when it is critical. You may need to change some things, but don't give up and go back to what you know doesn't work.

Patti