Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 170/150/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Cool

I just wanted to say thanks all for the helpful tips in this thread.

I was taking diet fuel and getting great results but was talked into trying Xenadrine by the GNC clerk. I understand it's relatively the same product but I hated it! Maybe it's psychological, who knows.

Instead I stopped taking it and couldn't afford Diet Fuel again at the time. Those little jars are expensive!!!

Now I had started taking Hydroxycut. 4 weeks into it in fact. But it's almost like something is telling me not to take it. I've ordered it online twice. Once they were out of stock and the second company took our money and we've not heard from them since. They're still online by the way, nathigh.com. They're 800# and fax numbers are out of our area and they don't reply to emails.

So I resorted to buying it at Walmart, but they are *always* out. Friday the clerk said it would be in Saturday, but even today... no Hydroxycut.

So, utterly frustrated, I switched back to Diet Fuel today.

Is there a huge difference that anyone knows about? Is there some secret reason that Walmart always has Diet Fuel and never Hydroxycut?

TIA!!

Shelley
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 21:23

Plan: Atkins/Dr. Bernstein, Gym Workouts
Stats: 271.8/190/170 Female 5'6.5"
BF:41.9%/40.2%/??

Dan... I'm hoping for some feedback from you on this, and I now have a question due to one of your comments in an earlier posting in this thread... but first my question.

I'm currently taking Ultimate Diet Fuel, but I'm about to switch to a product called Nytro Burn by Sports Science Research, as far as I can tell the active ingredient of each of these products is different from the other, so I'm wondering if I should allow for a "weaning" period between switching or is just going from one to the other okay?

Though now to be honest I'm a tad concerned about this new product as it contains PPA - and I read your post that said the FDA has banned PPA; could you provide more information on that. I was under the impression that this Nytro Burn product was fairly new so I'm wondering how they get away with having PPA in it.

This is the info off the label:
L-Tyrosine 500 mg
Guggul Herb Extract 250 mg
Calcium Phosphate 1074 mg
Potassium Phosphate 214 mg
Sodium Phosphate 50 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 200 mg
Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C) 100 mg
PPA (L-Norephedrine) 25 mg
D-Pinitol 25 mg
Bioperine 5 mg

Thanks in advance for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Last edited by unsweetend : Sun, Jun-02-02 at 21:33.
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 03:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 140/133/120
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default CLA

Hi,

I'm starting myself on CLA. From what I've read, sounds like a wonder supplement !!

Am also reading 'The fat flush plan' by Ann Louise Gittleman.
Sounds like a great diet.
Any comments ??

Cheers
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 04:10

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default answers

Shelxland ... Sorry to hear about the rough experiences your are having getting Hydroxy. If you look at the labels, the two products are pretty close to being the same, Hydroxy having a few more bells and whistles. The reason Wal-Mart must be out of Hydroxy all the time is probably due to MuscleTech's outrageous ad campaign for Hydroxy (in magazines, and now on TV too). They make some pretty outrageous claims for it.

Allstarhealth.com had Xenadrine for $23.00 US today, Muscledepot.com has Hydroxycut (140 capsules) for $25.99 today and they are reliable ... they also have Diet Fuel (180 caps) for $22.99.

I think Diet Fuel is a better product anyway, due to the green tea.

Elizz ... CONGRATULATIONS! Those are great results! I am glad that everything is working for you. Keep us posted, and thanks for the positive feedback.

Unsweetnd ... Wow. That looks like a great product. They must be a small company who is "under the radar" of the FDA for now. I'm gonna see about getting me some of that ... LOL ... Thanks for the tip. It has a good combo of thryroid support along with nor-ephedrine (PPA) and ALA. Nice to use after your body has adapted to a standard E/C stack. The stuff's a little pricey though ($45 per bottle!?!)

Chloep ... CLA is a great product. Studies indicated a dose of 4 - 5 grams per day is effective in fat loss, especially in the abdominal area. As you can see, this could get expensive. I am currently taking it, and I am getting leaner. I also think it is helping with increasing muscle, but I am also taking so many things right now it is hard to tell what is working and what isn't. LOL.

As for the fat flush plan, I am sorry but I am unfamiliar with it. I believe that there is a thread about it elsewhere on the forums here ...
  #140   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 07:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/193/130
BF:
Progress: 38%

will Metaboloss or other similiar weight-loss pills affect ketosis? if so, in a positive or negative way??!
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 08:28

Plan: Atkins/Dr. Bernstein, Gym Workouts
Stats: 271.8/190/170 Female 5'6.5"
BF:41.9%/40.2%/??

Thanks Dan,

Great to get your feedback... I don't know if it was a fluke, but I got a bottle for $25 CDN (after buying one previously for $60 at GNC "under the counter"). If you'd like the 1-800 # for the company I bought it from you can email me for it.
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 09:21

Stats: 212/137/135
BF:
Progress: 97%

TrainerDan,

I wanted to know if I need to increase weightlifting when I go off of the Thyrolean for the 2 week period. Also, do I need to restrict carbs even more during this period since I am not getting the thermogenic "burn" anymore? Any information would be greatly appreciate - you have already been extremely helpful!

This is a bit off the subject, but I wanted to know how to increase muscle definition in my shoulders specifically. I am supersetting now three times a week - doing front lateral raises, side raises, and shoulder press w/ 10lb. free weights. I do this very quickly w/ only a few seconds of rest between reps (I do 4 sets of 10 reps for each exercise). I have definition but would like more.

Again, any advice would be great! Thank you!
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 23:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/196/139
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi. I just wanted to pop in and say that I have been taking the ephedra free xenadrine and I am not jittery etc.I had tried the ephedra version and only lasted two days on it because it made me very aggresive I took it once after that to check & see if the mood thing was a flukeand I had the same results.
I really like the xenedrine efx. I t has green tea too.
It seems to have jump started my weight loss,so I'm a fan.

thanks-
heathbme
  #144   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 23:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 246/196/139
BF:
Progress: 47%

Sorry, I wanted to let schoolnigh know that using thermogenics with caffiene hasn't knocked me out of ketosis!

heathbme
  #145   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 08:09

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

So Dan, after doing much reading of these posts... I ordered some thyrolean and some xenadrine EFX. They arrived today.. Is it ok to take them together? they shouldn't affect my precariously balanced menatal state... should they? thanks Dan...
Doods.
  #146   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 11:18
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 260/225/170
BF:30%/20%/10%
Progress: 39%
Unhappy advice

Dear Dan,

Seems your the man to ask the questions to. Can I ask you
for a little advice?

I have been on the Atkins Diet for 2 months, lost 18 pds, about
10 inches. I am taking the the Adkins Formula # 3 (mutli/vitamin with minerals) Atkins essential oils. I started taking Colostrum and I would like to get on a fat burner. I hear you talking about Xenadrine EFX and Hydroxycut and Thyrolean. Are they all fat burners and can they all be taken together. I also have a slight problem with an enlarged thyroid. Will these products bother that at all?

Hope you can help me or someone can. Any advise will be deeply appreciated.

Pam
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 18:17
Registered Member

BF:
Question

Okay... day 2 of the switch to Diet Fuel and all seems to have transferred well.

I do have a green tea question and didn't know whether to include it in this category or not since it's *in* the diet fuel...

Green tea, whether taken in a supplement or a drink, always seems to make my sinuses a little raw feeling (you know like after you've been swimming in chlorinated water). Does it do this to anyone else? Is it a regular side effect of green tea or could it be an allergy?

My typical reaction to everything I am allergic to is hives on my face and chest. No hives with green tea, just sinus issues.

Any ideas??

Thanks!
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 19:30

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default answers ...

DOODS ... I believe you can take them together, BUT if you read chapter 1 of that great book you just got, you will see a better way to do it and make use of both products when the time is right ....

Heathbme ... Thanks for clearing up the thermogenic/ketosis issue. I don't measure with Stix anymore, but I know the "ketobreath" and "ketostank" are more enhanced when I am on LC and thermogenics, which would suggest that they don't. But, you called it. Thanks.

PammySue ... The enlarged thyroid concerns me, and I think an ephedrine based product may be a no-go. However, ephedrine-free formulas may be the thing for you, and Thyrolean or Guggulbolic should be OK for you ...

Shelxland ... Never had or heard of that experience with green tea. The Diet Fuel gives you this reaction, that's odd. I wonder if anyone else here has that same reaction ???
  #149   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 07:19
Registered Member

BF:

Not just the Diet Fuel, any green tea. I have a friend who brought me some tea back from a trip to Japan. I love the taste and know that there are some wonderful health benefits linked to green tea. But drinking the tea has this same effect on me.

My herbalist has never heard of it before either but suspects it has more to do with somehow needing the tea rather than being allergic. She was going to ask around and get back to me today too.

#150   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/152/120
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Metabolite

There are too many threads to go through right now... and I'm REALLY TIRED.... so, I'm wondering if you know if there is a relationship between taking Metabolite and fatigue. It seems I've been really tired since I started taking them. I only take one 1-hour before a meal. I do get a little hyper for awhile, however, there seems to be a crash after about 1 hour.

Is this just a coincidence? I also have hay fever and I know that makes me tired too.

Thx....