Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Mar-25-02, 20:46

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default nope

Never heard of/tried Burn XS ... who makes it, and what are the active ingrediens?

I just came across a product I never saw before ... Atomic Fusion. It contains ephedrine HCL, yohimbine, and caffeine.

FYI, Adipokinetix has been pulled from the market. The FDA finally found out that it contained PPA, which was banned earlier this year.

<sigh> They keep taking away all of my favorites ...
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 09:16
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 351/327/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I read about Burn XS in the March issue of Women's Fitness. It says that it is time released but it doesn't list the ingredients. It also talk about a product named Carb Gaurd. They also sell Perfect fuel, meal replacment.it says 44% less carbs but less then what is the questions. probably to many for me.
I have been going to the gym every morning, this is the second week. I ride the bike or walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then lift weights for a hour. I feel better but is this the right idea?
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 21:58

Plan: dr. atkins
Stats: 158/156/124
BF:
Progress: 6%

What does the taking of epedrine have to do with thyroid disease? I would think this would be good for those of us with a thyroid condition?
Michele
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Question

Just a couple of questions -- I just finished 12 weeks of BFL and I did lose some inches, but still have a long way to go to lose fat. I quit smoking June 1, 2001, and am sure my metabolism is very slow. I read this thread yesterday and took my temp this morning -- it was 97.2, which is higher than I though it would be considering my normal daytime temp tends to be very low. I went shopping today and bought Metabo-O-Lite caffeine free formula because I do drink caffeine and thought it would be too much if I both took it in pill form and drank it.

However, when I opened the package and read the directions, they state that it should NOT be taken with caffeine because that could cause a heart attack! The ingredients are: 24 mg Ephedra Alkaloids from Ephedra (Ma-Huang) Extract, 'Propietary Blend' (1.05 g); bee pollen, Siberian Ginseng, Ginger, Soy Lecithin, Damiana, Sarsaparilla, Goldenseal, Nettles, Gotu Kola, Spirulina Algea, Royal Jelly

Why would I not be allowed to also take caffeine? Don't the other ECA stackers include both Ephedra and caffeine? I cannot take anything with aspirin because I'm allergic to it.

Should I buy something else? Or should I just use this with or without caffeine and buy something else when it's gone?
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: modified bfl
Stats: 140/140/120
BF:
Progress: 0%

I recently purchased metabolite. It is suppose to be the same as"metabolife" with out the caffeine. From reading this post, I wonder if I purchased the wrong one. I have heard great success stories about products like this. I don't have a lot of weight to loose (10 lbs) I am on atkins & I have started working out. Will this product help me?

Here is the contents:

Ingredients
(per one tablet)

Serving Size: 1
Servings per Container: 90
Vitamin E 6 IU
Magnesium 75 mg
Zinc 5 mg
Chromium 75 mcg

Proprietary blend with
Ephedra (Ma Huang) Concentrate (12 mg naturally occuring ephedrines) and bee pollen, Siberian Ginseng, Ginger, Lecithin, Bovine Cartilage, Damiana< Sarsaparilla, Goldenseal, Nettles, Gotu Kola, Spirulina Algae, Royal Jelly
*Percentage daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
**Daily Value not established

Thanks
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 04:36

Default just warning labels ...

It would seem that you should be able to take caffeine with that product. As you have said on your own, many of the other epedrine/herbal stacks contain a form of it.

And most of the studies show that when Ephedine and caffeine (or their herbal eqivilants) are combined, the effect is compounded greatly.

i don't know why they would make a caffeine-free formula. The current trend is making EPEDRA free formulas since "the ban" is supposed to be upon us soon.

Xenadrine just launched its ephedra free formula ... so if the major guys are doing it, something's up ...
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Thanks for your help again! If the ephedra is soon to be banned, maybe I should stock up now. I hope that the ephedra will work for me -- if I lose weight any more slowly even the Turtle Club will disown me!
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:17
Registered Member

Plan: modified bfl
Stats: 140/140/120
BF:

Hey Trainer Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Should I be useing caffeine with the metabolite in order to make it work? I'm very confused. Right now I have no caffeine in my diet.

Regards,

shae
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 04:39

Default up to you ...

Shae,

That's a personal decision, one I can't make for you.

Ephedrine will work on it's own, but when it is combined with caffeine (specifically at a ratio of 20mg ephedrine to 200mg caffeine) the fat loss results are much much greater.
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 09:50

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Talking Dan, can I get your opinion please?

Hi there;

I've joined the ranks of non-smokers as well, and I'm not sure we can get Ephedra here anymore. What I have is called Ultra Therma Burn, and it's made by Nutrition Zone Products Inc. Is this as effective as an Ephedra based product? The ingredients are ver batim from the label:

Therma charge blend 1100 mg
Synergistic Blend of the following:
Guarana (22% caffiene)
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Coleus Forskohli Extract (10% Forskolin)
Green Tea Extract (30% Polyphenols)
Gymnema Sylvestre Extract (25% Gymnemic Acid)
Citrus Aurantium 650 mg
(4% Synephrine)
White Willow Extract 80 mg
(15% Salicin)
Ginger Root 50 mg
Cayenne 50 mg

Do you think that this is at all worth taking if it has no Ephedra?

Your opinion would be most appreciated!

Thanks very much!
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 15:05
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%

On the subject of thermogenics, I have found one I really, really like. Actually, I used to own a Metabolife store and lost quite a bit lowcarbing and using that, but I like this one better. It's called "Lowcarber's Miracle" and was developed by someone in Texas who has 10 years experience in nutraceuticals. He made it targeted specifically towards lowcarbers. I love it so much that I am thinking about buying into the company. :-) It's not widely available yet, but it soon will be. (I guess he has contacts all over the country with brokers and distributors, so look for it soon) It's great stuff.....
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 16:55
Pending Member

Plan: atkins (was on sommersize)
Stats: 145/153/120
BF:
Progress: -32%
Default try this link!

this guy has lots of info on eca stack based on his own experience and he has price comparisons!

http://www.drumlib.com/
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 17:14

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Cool Silence....

I was going to post you a message in your journal, but it looks like you don't use it much. I, too, am an ex Suzanne Somers person, now doing Atkins. I would love to compare with you to see what made you switch? If you would like to chat, leave me a message in my journal (I haven't been there lately either, should go there next!) and we can swap war stories!

Cheers!
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 19:09
Registered Member

Plan: protein diet and adkins, slenderwiegh, tae-bo
Stats: 220/158/145
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hi everyone,
I have been using Slenderweigh which has the caffiene, ephedra combo in it for 3 years except 9 months of pregnancy. I occasionally take a break for a few weeks but I have found that it really has helped me lose weight. I don't find it to be like speed. There are 12 mg alkoloids of ephedra in it (3 x daily). The FDA is approving ephedra but only for 8 mg, 3x daily and recommends it not be combined with caffeine. I have researched the subject on the internet and there have been many scary stories of people dying from it, often taking caffiene and exercising a lot. It is scary but I don't know what percent it effects so negatively. I'm still taking it an hoping the horror stories are just a minute percent. That's my 2 cents. Lisa
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 17:26

Default thanks all ...

Thanks to everyone who has contirbuted recently to this subject. Some very good posts.

I would like to know the name of the product that is being developed as a thermogen specifically aimed at LC. Pleas PM the info to me if need be ...

And for Dizzy ...

Quote:
Do you think that this is at all worth taking if it has no Ephedra?

For a non-ephedra product, it has some good fat loss ingredients in it (caffeine, green tea, coleus ... they could leave out the white willlow though ...). Seems like it would be a good product to use ...