Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 16:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/143 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question

I'm also interested in the answer to that. Yesterday I started this plan again for the third time. I'm hoping to lose at least 10 lbs. at the end of induction.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 16:20

Plan: My own
Stats: 180.4/173/132 Female 63inches
BF:Far too much
Progress: 15%

I always loose very easily during induction... even when I started this new years I lost 3/4 pounds withn few days. But this time its going VERY VERY VERY slow.... I only lost about a pound...

Apparently this is what happens when you restarts Atkins.. with time, your body stops responding to induction as its not a new system for it, its used to it, so our body takes it easy...well, more like it wants to punish us...

I also read somewhere that if you eat protein as your main mean, over time your body starts to uses it just as easy as it uses carbohydrate.....
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 18:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 5 feet 4 inch
BF:

hi
well i am hanging on and i alos did not lose weight
i think the same as what celia has posted
if we do induction over and over again with the breaks then our body takes time to get into ketosis and does not respond so quickly as the first time u did induction
same happened with me last time i did induction and lost 8 pounds in only 10 days
but this time it is not working even though if i don't cheat and i don't see the signs of ketosis as i had them last time
so don't give up keep on doing it
even if your two weeks are over u keep in 20 gm limit till u see weight changes
i plan to do the same
good luck and thanks for all the hel[p
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 12:12

Plan: low-carb Ali style
Stats: 175/167.5/145 Female 5ft 7inches
BF:No idea
Progress: 25%

Got up this morning feeling fat and bloated...weighed myself as I was feeling massachistic (don't think I can spell that) and I've lost 1lb. Infact it was hovering downwards towards 1.5lbs. Now what's going on here...who knows.
Yes I've heard the same thing. This was the 3rd time I'd done induction and on the previous occasions I'd lost very well. Maybe my poor old bod is getting used to it.
I'm going to up my carbs slightly cos I don't feel great whilst on 20gms. I get lightheaded and dizzy so I can't do it for more than 2 weeks at a time.

I'm off to the gym tonight..but I'll be in the pub afterwards !! ok I know, but I'll only be drinking diet coke...honest
Ali
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-05, 14:39

Wink

Hehe... Ali, diet coke is still bad... Just thought I'll pull your leg a bit.

Well done on loosing the 1.5lbs

Celia
  #111   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 16:31

Plan: low carb
Stats: 215/206/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Ali, I get light headed and dizzy on 20 carbs also!!! It seems to get a little better after a couple of weeks but I can hardly stand it that long!!! congrats on the weight loss!!! I have lost only 2 lbs in about a week and a half!!! but i'll take that!!! plus i havent been too strict with myself!!! I will in the up comming weeks!~!! good luck everyone!!!!
  #112   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 03:13

Stats: 206/149/140 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi all, I've been following this thread and visiting Celia's journal but thought it was too late to 'join', but what the heck you all sound a lot like me, returners loosing slowly and if we don't support each other we might drift away so I thought I'd post.

After 2 weeks induction I've lost 4 lb which quite pleased me, I expected it to be slow as I've never again had that dramatic first loss that I had when I discovered Atkins back in Sept 2003.
I can't call 32 lbs in 18 months dramatic weight loss but after years of being heavier at each birthday it's enough to keep me convinced that low carb is the right way for me (it's me not the diet that fails but I keep coming back!)

Hope you all have a good low carb weekend.
  #113   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 04:29

Hey uskhi, great to have you here Welcome.

Celia
  #114   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 18:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 5 feet 4 inch
BF:

hi uskhi
welcome to the forum
we all need suport and a new buddy,
we r cooming and going on this plan but we do try all of us and support each othe rthats what keep us going
keep us posted on your achievements and we will help u
sadia
  #115   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 14:48

WoooHooo..broke the 12 stone barrier today. Weighed in at 11st 13.5lbs (167.5). Maybe my body has just realised I've been doing induction and has finally reacted...better late than never.
I feel good too. Had my blood tested today and was well enough to give blood. Afterwards they insisted I had either some orange squash or sugary tea...yewww..that was the worse part, it tasted soooooooooo sweet.

Ali
  #116   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-05, 15:11

Hey Ali,

congrats

I have bad news... firstly, I am on ketosis and yet I am not loosing any ...
Secondly, I had to eat carb, not voluntarily though... Went to see a friend who's had a baby. And her mom had cooked so many things for me... and nothing lc. I had to eat something or else it would seem very rude and insensitive. It was'nt a situation where you could say I am low carbing...
But I am back on track from today. So hopefully all will go well. Anyway, I was thinking I should have a cheat day every month to keep me focus. Just did'nt need it so soon.
Oh well, thats life I guess...

Celia
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 15:43

Celia, I've been there...we're too polite to say no thanks.

I'm definitely deep in ketosis...breath like the arse-end of a pig...
I'll never understand why we suffer this infliction when we are eating so healthily.

Now where is that sugar-free gum....
  #118   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 13:30

BF:

Hi just dropping in to say I'm back from a weekend away, I had a lovely time and plenty of excercise but did over do the carbs, (no one forced me I just cracked). Now with Easter looming I'm finding it hard to get back on track, I promise myself strict induction after Easter but until then I shall just try not to do too much damage!

The work mate on Lighter Life bought me an Easter Egg! I think that was just to show how 'good' she was being while tempting me, damn it worked but I hope she suffered watching me stuff my face!
  #119   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-05, 18:54

LOL, thats funny about the easter egg, he he.
I've been off the wagon again due to a bad cold AGAIN. Gosh, I dont know why I keep catching colds... its hardly been a month since I got better from the last one
Oh well, what can I do... other than try again.
I am going to try and retrict my carb rather than going total Atkins this time and see if I can hold it. Wish me luck friends...

Celia
  #120   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 13:12

BF:

As promised it's after Easter and I'm back on induction (since Tuesday) and the ketostick was a nice purple colour this evening, I knew it would be because my breath was terrible (I use extra chewing gum which seems to be ok and really helps). It's been a bit tough getting going again and I know I'll find the weekend hard but I really do want to be strict until my holiday at the end of June, I really need to crack the 12 st barrier that would only need a pound a week loss, I need inspiration!