Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 08:44

Plan: SP/BFL
Stats: 190/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Tuesday's Workouts

Thanks to Nat's arm-twisting, wrist-bending, and whip cracking, I think I really understand what I need to do. Thanks Nat! -I think. Hee-hee.

Yesterday's workout:
5:30p UBWO
6:30p- taught a one hour body sculpting class covering quads, hams, outer thigh, inner thigh, gluts, lower back, abs, biceps, and triceps.

UBWO details:
Chest
Machine 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Ball Pushups 12 with hips on balls, 12 with knees on ball

Back
Lat Pulldowns 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Lat Pullovers 12 reps
Rhomboid Flyes 12 reps

Shoulders
Machine 12/10/8/6/12 reps
Rear Delts 12 reps
Frontal Raises 12 reps
Lateral Raises 12 reps

Triceps
DB skull crushers 12/10/8/6/12
Tricep Dips - 12

Biceps
Standing Q curls 12/10/8/6/12
Concentration Curls 12

Tried something different with my class. Instead of trying to do the entire body in one hour, I concentrated on a few chosen parts. In 2 weeks (I'll be out of town next week), I'll try the same thing with the parts I missed.

I introduced them to the pyramid style/bi-set combination on their biceps and triceps. They were screaming for me to stop! I love that. We had a good time and I think they might be thinking of me later today when they experience DOMS in their arms.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 08:28

BF:
Default Wednesday's Workout

20 minutes on the bike and lots o' abs and lower back! Ended with 5 minutes of stretching.

Today's plan:
12:15 - teach 30 minute CKB class
5:30p- LBWO
6:30p- teach 60 minute CKB class
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 09:55

BF:
Default Thursday's Workout

12:15- taught a 30 min CKB class
5:30p- LBWO
6:30p- taught a 60 min CKB class

Quads
Standing Lunges
12*15
10*20
8*20
6*25
12*20
Leg Extensions
12*80

Hamstrings
Dead Lift with dumbbells
12*30
10*40
8*50
6*50
12*40
Leg Curls - one leg
12*35 (should've done 40)

Hamstrings
Dead Lifts
12*50
10*70
8*81
6*113
12*113
One Leg Calf Raise
12*25 ea side
Angled Calf Raises
12*50

Gluts
Machine (donkey kick style)
12*20
10*25
8*30
6*35
12*30
Glut squeeze on the ball (gluts suspended, heels on ball, pushed heels in and out)

Inner Thigh
12*40
10*50
8*60
6*70
12*65
-Didn't do the 2nd exercise, was running out of time

Outer Thigh
12*40
10*50
8*60
6*70
12*65
- Again, didn't have time for planned 2nd exercise
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 08:45

BF:

Friday-skipped cardio. Was way too tired from Thursday. Went to bed early.

Saturday- UBWO, taught a 75 minute CKB/Sculpt class

Tried a pullup on Saturday. Too funny. Quite amusing, details in journal.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 08:39

BF:
Default This week's workouts

I went on my first business trip since starting BFL. Historically, I've always been very tired when arriving at the hotel from traveling. This time I really planned ahead. I found out if the hotel had a fitness center and also looked up the health clubs in the area ahead of time and found out about classes, amenities, and the drop-in fee. I also brought tubes and bands just in case.

Of course the hotel's fitness center was laughable. The treadmill was broken and the bike's seat was falling off. The universal looked okay, but I didn't bother.

I paid a drop-in fee and worked out a fantastic facility down the street. They had tons of equipment- 3 different weighted calf machines!!! They had a lot of teeny boppers though. They would hang out at the equipment and socialize. I constantly had to pardon myself to use anything.

Monday: 22 minutes recumbant bike and abs
Tuesday: 30 minutes step (that sucked!), 30 minutes Pilates (fun!) and my Lower Body Workout- got up to 230 lbs on the leg press. Thanks Leslie for the motivation!
Wednesday: Had to catch a plane and didn't feel like paying a drop-in fee for 20 minutes of cardio in the morning.
Thursday: Missed my lunch class (details in journal), taught a one hour CKB class. Didn't have a chance to do Upper Body, will do tonight (Friday).
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 14:23

BF:

Friday- UBWO
Saturday- LBWO
Sunday- Did lots of housework including painting. Should be able to finish this weekend.

I haven't done cardio in several days. Just trying to keep up with weight training for now. With work travel and wedding plans and trying to get my house ready for visitors, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed as of late.

With that said, planning is harder than ever so I'm staying at induction levels for a few days. I don't have to think or plan. If I feel okay after tomorrow, I might do it for 2 weeks. I know I'm supposed to have some carbs with BFL but I'm going to stick to veggies for a while.

I will be missing my cardio tonight because I'm having my first fitting for my dress. I'm very excited. In retrospect, I can totally see the advantage of doing cardio in the morning. Unfortunately, I would be sacrificing sleep to do that at this point.

Have lots of aerobics classes to teach this week.
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 13:58

BF:
Default I'm going out of my mind...

It's been crazy for me lately but I'm trying to cope. As I mentioned earlier I skipped cardio on Monday because of my dress fitting. Work has been mad busy after months of being very slow.

Tuesday, I missed my personal UBWO, so I made my Tuesday sculpt class do it with me. They weren't liking me too much. It was pretty intense. In fact, I'm still feeling it today.

Wednesday I skipped my cardio because I had a little biopsy in the morning. No big deal, don't worry. BUT, the local anesthetic didn't seem to work. I would hate to know what that felt like without anesthetic. I literally screamed and left in a lot of pain. The doc said I would feel pressure but damnit, it hurt! Anywho, I was very sore and then by lunch time, the anesthetic worked and I couldn't feel a thing! Woo-hoo! Never felt better. Then, 3p hit, the anesthetic wore off. I'm back to where I started. I wasn't feeling much like doing cardio so I went home after work and went to bed.

Thursday- My lunch time class has been changed to body sculpt instead of CKB. I'm happy about that because I don't sweat as much, so it's easier to get back to work. I made them do lower body since this is my LBWO day. Selfish, aren't I? We did plies, walking lunges (across the room and back), moving squats(across the room and back), ball squats w/ball in between knees, inner thigh presses (squeezing knees into ball), outer thigh kicks nice and slow, and hip abductions.

Tonight, I'll get my personal LBWO in and teach a CKB class for an hour.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 09:34

BF:

Friday- 20 minutes recumbant bike

Saturday- 45 minutes UBWO & 1 hour advanced step class

Sunday- Painted living room and foyer.
  #84   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 13:50

BF:

I haven't posted since 2/10?????

I don't think I can recount what I did. Let's see...

Tuesday - Upper Body- made my class do it with me, didn't get there early enough.
Wednesday - Skipped cardio, had to meet with wedding dj and have a work dinner.
Thursday - taught upper body scuplt for lunch time class, did LBWO, taught a one hour CKB class
Friday-Monday -- Skipped because my body was completely worn down. I was completely exhausted. I could not recover from any workouts so I took a few days off. Did a lot of housework though.
Tuesday - Taught a one hour body scultping class and managed LBWO before that.
Wednesday - Skipped cardio
Thursday - taught UB for my lunch sculpt class (made them do BFL style with me) Finished my shoulders at 6p and taught a one hour CKB class.
Friday - 20 minutes MAS on recumbant bike.

Wow, I guess I do remember.
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 19:41

BF:

Even though it's coming down to the wire for my wedding, I'm still working out like crazy. When I discount my workout because of time, I usually skimp on my cardio which has only been a couple of times.

I went to a fabulous Kickboxing workshop last weekend. It was 10 hours and 6 of it we were doing the class which meant a lot of moving and sweating. It was put on by TurboKick. That's the first workshop in awhile I've attended that was worth my time and money. Whoo! I feel good. My class loved it too.
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 06:23

BF:
Default Monday's Workout

20 minutes MAS on recumbant bike. Felt good!

Snuck in for a fake bake. Gotta get ready for that dress.