Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 04:55

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default LC Our WAY #8- working through 2023

LC Our WAY #8 Working through 2023 Hey Ladies!
I though I would try to open a new thread to see if it posts quicker!
We are a typing gang and need more ROOM!!!!!!

Lets get this party started!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 05:10

BF:

Good Morning-

Trusting you found "our new spot"! Hey I am in new beginning yet again so fired up for a new thread! It is a great time to take a second to re-evaul where we are going, what is working, and what we can do to hit goal (speaking to me) this year.
I would LOVE to finish up this 2023 in a healthy way. At goal, fit, and feeling great!

I am SO excited to be done with the hospital setting. Work life balance was so outta balance for me. I have so many plans now for myself. The happy in me is back. It took me saying- ummm hard no and drawing that line in the sand. It worked at first. I am not upset I am here, or had my experience. I am choosing to remember the good that was here, the people I have met and the beaches of course.

I have another month left here in this precious condo and plan to stay until May 31st. I do love my beach.
I will start my new position May1st. It gives me 2 weeks to really get some R&R time in.

I guess I am excited because it does feel like a new chapter to me in life. I know that I am really done with the hospital part of my career. I knew that when this travel gig was up, I am hanging up that hat. It feels really really nice.

My pooch will love having me home! I am going to do some goal setting with myself now that I do not have to get up 430-500 am anymore.
I want to get in that early morning walk and start to incorporate some core training. I have not had the time or energy to do any of that.

I want to learn to use that new camera I have. I want to finish a magazine I still have from Christmas I have not been able to get through.

I want to re-commit myself to only eating pure and get back on the routine that has helped me lose 55 pounds and stay there. I put 5 back on and am nipping that in the bud right now.
Starting fresh right here right now.

Just feeling good- amazingly good.

Ok- ya'll waiting on you now to show up to this new party room.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 05:42

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz!!.....What a happy & uplifting post from you! I'm SO glad you're done with that pressure cooker of a hospital setting you were in. Enjoy all the beach time you can before you leave Charleston. Have you found any promising leads on a place to live in Greenville?

Nic.....Hope you're having fun in NYC. I know you're dreading the upcoming week in ATL, but somehow we get thru these tough times.

Trig...Happy BD to DD! Did she go out with friends, or party at home with Mom & Dad? Did you get some of the online college stuff done the other day?

-----------

Today it's back to the golf course for me. Had a good day yesterday.....best round of the year so far!

Some upsetting news about DH's brother. He has heart problems and yesterday he ended up in the hospital. He blacked out in the parking lot of a restaurant where he had met a friend for breakfast. His heart rate is dipping very low and then shooting up high etc. His cardiologist was in the room talking to him yesterday and he blacked out again.....his heart stopped for 10 seconds and they were just ready to start CPR when it started beating again! I suspect they will put a pacemaker in and they have stopped one of the heart medications he has been on as they think maybe that is causing some of the problem. Anyway....scary stuff. They are doing more tests today. He's about an hour away from where he lives as he had driven to his friend's house in DE when this all started happening. Truth be told, he has been having symptoms for the past few days that he should have taken seriously....he just told us that this morning. Sigh......and he's a medical professional! He's a PA. Poor DH....as if his nerves weren't stretched tightly enough.

Soon time to get ready for golf. Have good days!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 06:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, sorry on DHs bro. Yea sounds like pacemaker stuff, hubby's Dad had to have one, needs that electric jolt with his heart issues etc. But it sounds like he might 'come thru ok' and get the med stuff he needs and can still lead a good life with one if that is his issue......your DH needs this like a hole in the head tho on how he has been feeling....hang in there you guys!!!!

Nicco, yup, NYC treating ya good I hope!!!

Jazz, you do sound so jazz'd up for sure. Nice to have a new chapter. It is good ya have that RR time for yourself before your move too and enjoy your beach. I woulda run from that position also....I wouldn't want to be near that even for your last week!

Like Lori said, any new info on new digs in Greenville?

--------------Hubby and kiddo loved their dinner at the White Stag in at the Grand Bohemian in Asheville. Party of 5 only. Bill was $3,200. Bit of a shocker here on 5 diners LOL wow. They said great time had by all. Ya think?

still so damn cold outside. brrrr

lost power at 10pm last night. omgosh so boring literally. hubby and kid gone to restaurant and me here with a snoring dog. I went to bed at 10:30 and woke at 5am. WOW....didn't even hear them come in at all.

today is bit of this and that. not much. we 'owe kiddo' a dinner for bday at Japan place she likes to get suishi but not sure if we will go tonight, I mean she ate TOP food last night? She ordered whole lobster and Wagyu beef filet.....yea she hit the bill alot on that plate HAHA might want to put it off to next weekend probably.

busy busy doing stuff and it is 'handling stuff' mostly...not like landscape work crap....financial and my refunds from my trip not clearing and I keep checking and calling and IRS issue on my payment. On hold for 2 hrs with IRS line....yea can ya believe it....to find out 'marked as paid' but I know the money was NOT taken outta checking, so agent said 'just pay again' just in case? couldn't help me at all....I tell ya people....IRS....3 worst initials in the entire world to me LOL

OK enough of that, be good all and I hope to have an easy day.
laundry is spinning bleck
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 06:34

BF:

Hey Lori! - You know back-to-back golf means nice weather is really here to stay!!!!!!!
I'm sorry to here about your BIL and his heart issues. It really does sound like a pacemaker is in his future. The good news they caught it fast and he can have that placed and go one for many more good years!
Is this the BIL that roams at night? I can attest to being in the medical profession and being a LOUSY non-complaint patient. We are the worst patient's hands down. I always eye roll when I get stuck dealing with another nurse or doctor. I know they will "buck the system" at every turn- as do I!!! Can you say NO statins here!
Hope he gets healed up in fast time.

Have fun on the course today. Are you playing with the same group everyday?

Well....... I have drained up all the coffee and time for a morning beach walk. It is cloudy and damp, and cool 66. I bet I will have the beach to myself or just a few locals. I LOVE it that way.
The surf has been turned up= makes for good shell hunting. Taking pooch as he loves a good beach walk.

Thawing a steak today and need to air fry up some chicken wings. PURE FOODS. Yup- getting it done!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 14:04

BF:

Trig- BACK UP THE HOE.......... Hubby and kiddo went to Asheville for dinner with a whopping 3200.00 bill?!?!?!?!? Who paid that and was it a Bday dinner for kiddo? Why did you not go? HOLY cow.... who has 3200.00 to drop on a DINNER?!?!?!? That is more than my months rent and then some,,,,, car payment, phone, insurance, danggggggg.....sure hope she loved that dinner! WOW!!!!!!

Most I have ever spent was 550 on a dinner for 2 (I didn't pay). That was years ago though. That was at "The Palms" in Atl. High end. I wonder what they go for now.

Any more interest in collage? It will come!

So wait.... the IRS stated your bill was paid, you don't have confirmation, so go ahead and pay in again "just in case" ???????? I would have blown a gasket on that one. No doubt. I have so little patience for incompetence. Sighhhh you got way more patience than me!

At least the house is rolling along in fine fashion!
How is your WOE going?
Ever watch Steak and Butter Gal on You Tube? I love her! I like Dr. Berry too! I have learned a TON from Dr. Berry.

EATS TODAY:
~ burger patties with over easy eggs on each.
Dishes done, belly full, kitchen closed and done. Just the way I love it.

Warmish here today- back patio open- air flowing through screen. NICE!

Off to find a movie or something.

Two walks on beach today. One with dog, one without. The Jelly fish are littering the beach right now. Sure sign of warm/ hot water when they hit the beach in the Spring/summer. These are the big plate sized with the red bottoms. Not ones to mess with.

Later gators.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 17:03

BF:

Jazz, I have confirmation number for IRS to auto withdraw the amt. from checking acct. I paid online thru the IRS system. The IRS said they drafted on March 31. Which they did not. There is NO money withdrawn on March 31 or April 1 or any other day up to today to show they physically took the money for payment.

IRS agent said you paid. I said I did not LOL and he said since I don't see the money out of the acct, but they marked me as paid, it is in 'my best interest' to send another payment to 'be on the safe side' and I was gonna say FU, fix this in some reasonable way but of course why bother.....he was quite stout in saying I paid, done deal, but if a monkey, even on their side and I haven't 'paid' by the 18th then it is on me.

Yea our lovely govt at work.

Then I say, I will send a check. I said what if the IRS said I double paid and will they reimburse me and he said yes....I thought f it.....if the IRS sees 'I paid' online earlier, but even if they didn't draft the money that is on them....when they see my second check they are gonna think it is double payment and send me back that money so in the end, we shall see if that happens or ?

One thing I do know....I am making sure they don't withdraw out of that acct later AND keep my check. I sure am not paying twice.

It is truly sad how there was 0 help on this. Just send more money to cover their mistake just in case....what a lost cause our govt truly is!!

On dinner at White Stag at Grand Bohemian
It was work dinner for hubby. Boss paid for them to go out to eat for having better parts sales then expected. Worker plus 1. so I gave my seat to kiddo cause she really wanted to go.

For 5 people, NO one brought their spouse, only hubby brought kiddo.....3,200. Hubby said he thinks that Levi the manager bought 2 bottles of very expensive wine, but he will check Tues when he goes to work and ask about that big azz bill LOL

crazy

I spent some big bucks on meals.....glad they ate well.....I can say when I spent like 3-400 on a meal a couple times mostly the food sucked....or lets say it wasn't 'worth even a 1/3 of the cost' LOL

food is food now to be.....no one can pretend to me that a steak isn't a steak and one fancy Waygu filet ya buy is worth $50 to buy but ordered out in big deal restaurant it has a price tag of $120....come on LOL

I don't know, to me food has changed when I think cost of it ya know cause I don't use it anymore as entertainment so my mindset on its costs and more have flipped alot. Plus I like my own food better HAHA

Glad you had a fab beach day.
Nasty ol' jellies....bleck

Remember, tell us about any new apts you find at Greenville...any good places on the list yet?
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-23, 18:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Dot for today and will post tmrw- just back from NYC. Very full weekend visit- over 8 miles on my feet today alone, not to mention Sat and Fri.

Will catch up tmrw
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-23, 05:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....First day of freedom!! Hope it's a good one. Yes.....the BIL with the heart issues is the "roamer". He is DH's only sibling. He called us last night and is at home. After no episodes for a whole day and night, they released him. They took him off of 2 different medications that they felt might be the cause of his erratic heartbeat. He will contact his cardiologist today.

Trig.....Wow! That must have been quite the dinner! What did they eat? Gold crusted lobster? I'm sure it was fun for DD.

Nic.....I know you have a trying week in front of you. Check in when you can.

---------

Decided to cancel golf for today. It rained overnight and everything is a soggy mess. I'll be back to it on Wednesday. I'll get out for a walk at some point today.

Not much else. Lazy, dreary morning here.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-23, 06:09

BF:

It's Monday!
Morning and I am sitting at the dining room table in pj's and sipping coffee! I can "do this".............
I start the new gig in 2 weeks from today. Perfect.

Trig- I loved your post explaining everything. OMG on the business dinner! I just LOVE when they do that. Those are the best! One can truly just enjoy without the dip into the pocketbook! I do agree though it is CRAZY the price of food.
Example: For my birthday last year I really wanted to celebrate me with a true treat.
I wanted a Tomahawk steak. So I BOUGHT a beautiful one from Publix- got a bag of salad, and a "decent" 20.00 bottle of Merlot. I spent 75.00. The Steak house "down the street" Sells the exact meal. Just for "fun" I looked up their prices as I sat chopping my steak at home with my pup! It would have been about250- BEFORE tip and that is wine buy the glass. It would have been 300 with the SAME bottle.

I agree with you- just go get what we want and cook it perfect at home. I just don't enjoy tossing hard earned money at someone else's kitchen.
So, love though the kiddo got to go to the diner! LOVE IT!

OMG and OMG on the MESS with the IRS. See Sh1t like that drives me off the rails. I literally can't handle STUPID. Yup, IRS, DMV, USPS, I could post and post over those experiences. There is a reason they call it going POSTAL!

Did you ever get your truck fixed? RV ready? I love the weekend idea for you and hubby! Tis the season now the warm is finally here!

Lori- Welcome to the week! What is on your agenda this week? How is your BIL doing? Is that the one that roams?
Have a great golf game! What to you wear? Do you get to wear those cute Skorts? I love those now!

What's for dinner?

Nic-
Our travel queen! Wow a lot of miles on those feet!
I have lost track where you are! When do you hit Atl.? Looking forward to your post! I know you have got to be exhausted.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Supposed to have abundant sun and 80's all week! I am so happy to have a minute.

Do you know the supervisor called me at home on Sunday after I got home from the beach yesterday to discuss a case? I did place a call the Ethics board committee to review a case I had on Friday. I had a moral hard stop on this one.
Without much detail- a 20 something patient they wanted to withdrawal fluids and food from and stated this person will pass in a week or so. Hummmmm Anybody would pass if water was held. The human body can only last about 3-5 days max. Anyway- this "person" was still able to hand squeeze and eye track. So yeah- I had a hard time with "going along" with the "PLAN OF END OF LIFE PLAN". So yeah... I did call the Ethics officer to review the case. I also charted that I was taking myself off the case going forward. (Had I stayed another week)
Anyway- This just pisst off the doctors. They called the on call supervisor who called me to ask me to retract my notes in the chart. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? On a Sunday.........
I told her not only will I not retract them, but I have also already quit. It just affirmed to me, why I am not there, but sitting here.
OK- that is the very last note about that place. I hate that was my last interaction with them. I am going to choose to remember the good I did there.

Today's activities:
I have a cute little notebook I use for my "to do" list.
1.) Apt hunt- Make a list of those places I want to see this week.
2.) 15 minutes of core exercises- NEW HABIT STARTS TODAY. I am going to hunt on You Tube for a core video. 15 minutes is a great place to start.
3.) organize my area where my "desk" will be while I work from here. I have used the dining room table as a dumping spot for about everything, I need to clean it up.
4.) yup- getting some beach time in.

EATS: Thawed- 2 thinner strip steaks. DONE.

End the day with a "breeze" glass of wine sitting on my deck watching the sun go down. Find a movie and chill.

I watched a good one last night. It was a drama, based loosely on the Freedom of the Press and what went down during Vietnam War. It is called "THE POST" Tom Hanks, and Meryl Streep. It was pretty good. I just love Meryl in anything. She is one class act, well Tom Hanks too. He has only one bad movie- BIG. HAHAHAH-

Later gators
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-23, 06:12

BF:

Lori- We were cross posting! Sorry not a great golf day. I would not want to play in a mud hole either! I am sure a few days of play would do you well. You have been so held to care giving, now your time is yours.
You will find something else you want to do when you want to!

Glad BIL is doing better!

Enjoy your day!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-23, 06:44

BF:

Jazz, I agree you hold your ethics and career opinion on your work with your cases. But luckily you can let this all go....behind ya now, onto future life as you make it!!

I got ribeye steak and burgers for today. With hotter weather coming my food focus is dwindling....just eat clean zc and let that happen and we got it made.

Love love love your 15 min. core workout idea. I know even I could commit to that HAHA I did so well on my 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone on my DVD and it only took like 20 mins. top to do it, I really should tackle it again. Sad I don't even wanna do something for 20 mins but that commit made a diff. to me. Hmm, ya got me thinking LOL Never tackle alot....small small and DONE means more than big exercise and tough and ya don't do it ever

Yea 250 vs 75 for delish meal...I feel ya on that. The money diff. means to me I can eat out at some bbq place while driving to the beach and enjoying life more vs. dumping all my bucks on some damn food plate and having to combat the feelings of wanting to eat all the other damn stuff on that menu too HAHA

Lori, yea soggy. We are drying out from soggy now.
got tons to mow too now, wanted to hit alot yesterday but small tstorms kept dumping some rain just enough to keep from mowing ugh battling weather is a daily thing right HA
Glad BIL is holding strong and getting the good med help he needs.

Nicco...ya dotted down. Your tootsies hurting yet LOL You go girl

-----------today is go pick up truck from service.
home to do some stuff, take life mostly easy. I ain't into 'hard chores' anymore, my brain is ALL about 'real azz retirement' ya know I want 'paradise' retirement life that suits me...ok close, so close, just gotta hold on a tad longer LOL

all good so far, be good all
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-23, 19:17

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all-

Lori- I hope your BIL continues to do better. Your DH absolutely has enough on his mind as it is.

Jaz- you have a good list of things you want to do or learn or accomplish during your down time. Nice that you will be able to do them!

Trig- that is crazy about the IRS and all that. Also CRAZY about the amount of money that dinner cost. OMG!

••••••••••••••

So I leave for ATL on Wednesday morning. I'll be there until mid day Saturday. I am truly exhausted and am not excited to go. Enough said about that.

Food is fine- not that interested in it lately. Just Meh. Feeling sort of meh lately about life in general.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-23, 05:00

BF:

Nicco......hope ATL goes easy for ya! Keep thinking good positive thoughts on it all and hope it goes down fine for everyone.

Hey Jazz and Lori....I beat everyone even this late? hmm

----------usual. up at 5am
at 5:30 kid is saying she wants off school. heck no...come on...she just had 8 days off spring break...back 1 day and wants off...ugh....well, of course she went HAHA Told her all week, don't ask again! She is going.....I get it, I would want every day off also, she is SO close to being done and graduated but come on LOL

this and that today. Simple day. Should be nice weather, will piddle outside doing something....need to do mow trim on my smaller Craftsman mower that the big zero turn can't fit. can we say allergy day for me, of course HA

gotta watch me a bit. my few 1 bites only are becoming a tad more, I feel the carb draw, not a damn doubt about that The minute I see it, and sure feel it in the ol' body, tackle time so keeping food very simple and keeping family food meals simple and more to the crap I don't like but they do....helps me thru the weirdo times I wanna eat the world. bleck. always something right

be good all
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-23, 05:08

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm here.....I'm here! Gabby got me up just before 4AM.....I can handle that. Today I have to meet the cable guy at Betty's old house to disconnect everything and gather up the cable boxes and remotes. My appointment with them is from 9-5.....thanks for narrowing it down! Sheesh! Luckily, I'm only 5 minutes away. I'm going to go to the house around 9 and hope that they come early. If not, I'll come back home and wait. I HATE waiting.

Nothing else going on for me today. It is chilly and rainy. I think I'll do an inside walk today. Yesterday I was a lazy slug and did nada. All I wanted to do was eat all manner of crap.

That's it from here. Laundry and waiting for the cable guy to call. Exciting, right?