Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2176   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-19, 08:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all! Happy FriYAY!

Blue- I feel for you, that you have to say goodbye and your son goes so far away from you. But I do think I would enjoy visiting him in CA! I know we have been spoiled thus far with kids being nearby and it won't always be the case. No doubt this adventure will whet DS20's desire to be all over the globe!

Super great about the inspiration dress fitting nicely! You are doing a great job and I am so impressed with you!

Lori- Even if you aren't doing the walking tour, I hope you get out there and explore some. Don't stay in the hotel! And the subway system really is super easy!

Trig- Glad you are home and it sounds like you are glad too. Get some rest and slowly tackle all the things that need to be done. You'll get there slow and steady!

We are getting a blast of heat coming next week- not too crazy bad but in the low 90s. Hopefully that will be about the end of it!

Jaz- WOW! Sounds like some good stuff may be in the wings for you job-wise, which would be fantastic! You deserve good stuff to come your way for sure after all you have put up with there.

It is also really great that you have five months of money saved up for back up. Well done. I think we are really headed into some challenging times financially and people need to shore up and prepare as best they can.

•••••

Aw, I am glad you guys like my family stories. I don't want to bore you all with them but on the other hand, my family is a huge part of my life!

Woke up to not only texts from DS20 that he has arrived safely etc but even a video of his apartment room! It is actually quite nice. The big surprise is that the person he is leasing from (who will be studying abroad elsewhere) is actually a girl! Her name is Daan (pronounced Dan) and they had been communicating via text. It just never came up! I guess that was a surprise indeed! DS says the room 'is a little bit girlier than I am used to' LOL but he likes it fine.

I also got a "help me with my phone I don't understand what I need to do" text from him and dang it, this is my monkey and my circus. I freaking TOLD him to go to Verizon while he was home, I called them to make sure his phone was unlocked, told him about getting a SIM card when he got there but yeah, he didn't do anything and is now panicking.

Things are otherwise good. Trig, you asked about DH. He is making improvements on his own as far as mobility with his arm/shoulder but apparently is having some atrophying and still has decidedly less strength. He is wanting to try PT first though since there is improvement and his surgeon okayed that.

I had an early appointment today (7:10 AM.. I was suprised at that time for sure!) with the ENT group about the vertigo. I am not having it currently. He said that it sounds like Benign Positional Vertigo but they are going to run another hearing test and a balance test and then meet with me again. That will be in mid October. If it is BPV then there isn't anything that can be done except treat it symptomatically.

Getting our over the range microwave replaced today between 1-5. So just a quiet day here now that the appointment is finished and I am back at home. I'll do my class, do some doula cert reading and watch more of A Place Called Home! Dinner is just leftovers tonight.

My friend texted me yesterday about a repeat of the cruise from last year. She had a great deal for us- a suite that would give us the whole cruise for only 500 dollars each. But I looked at the calendar and told her I just can't swing it this year. I can't travel all over the place and still try to get this thing started.

Addendum! Just got off the phone with DS20 (10:15 AM here, 4:15 PM there) who, god love him, is freaking out a little bit right now. I don't think he grasped what he was getting himself into. I feel for him but I was also sort of smirking a little bit bc he sort of blew me off about a lot of this before he left. He is in a bit of sink-or-swim for a few days before the official stuff kicks off. I told him to eat, and then take an hour nap- he has been awake for a long time with little to no sleep. Then after that, I told him to read the articles I texted him and to text me all the questions he has so that I can send them along to my stepsister, who used to live in Amsterdam. She might be able to hook him up with someone over there who can help him. I think largely he is just really overwhelmed at the moment. I don't think he expected things to be all that different.. well, they are. This boy is very very smart and can also be a little flighty. He's also used to traveling with people who do all the research and maybe make it look a little easy! I do feel for him though. I know he feels shocked and somewhat alone at the moment and that does make my Mama heart squeeze.
Sponsored Links
  #2177   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-19, 08:09

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

NIC- I had to chuckle over your post!!!!!- Ya it is just like "kids" to blow us off and then the boom comes down and they freak. Is he by himself? His GF is there to right? OR is she in another area? Can the landlord help him out? Is she English?

Certainly somebody can help him out. I am very certain he is used to having all things like this planned out for him in the past. Now is is a "man" guess what is needs to work it out. He is a smart one- he will figure it out!
Not only will he figure it out- but I am sure once the shell shock wears off he will flourish!!!!
Add no sleep into the mix and everything seems overwhelming!

I can't wait to hear about his adventures!
You are a smart one to work on your project rather than cruise all over. Although the price sounded right. But hey we know all about timing issues!!!!!!- get it!

Unfortunately I believe you are right about the economy. It feels alot like it did right before the boom came down in 08/09. What is funky about that is all the things that nobody paid attention to in 07. I was one of those that now in retrospect can see where things were falling apart- but I was younger and it didn't directly effect me until the crash happened. Then it effected all of us.

But it didn't happen over night. This won't either. It is like you said- ebb and flow and the timing is right. It will happen, I am thinking sometime in the next year we will see it pretty clear.
You are right, we should all have something tucked away. My goal is a 12 month stash incase I am outta work. I am almost half way there. I will breath easier one that is secured.

Nothing worse than not having a safety net. That happened to me in 09. I was going through a divorce, but I felt ok about it because I had a awesome job and had just signed a lease on a high end apt. I had a new car and (was thin). I felt pretty secure. Except - I was living paycheck to paycheck. Then my division closed. 150 of us walked into work and learned we were out of work.

General Motors had just declared bankruptcy and then Several large companies pulled out of Ohio and 1/3 people were out of work. 1/2 homes went into foreclosure , mine included and they sent FEED the Homeless to Ohio. It was bad. I stayed long enough to finish my degree and left.

But looking back- I SHOULD have had a nest egg, paid attention to what was happing to business. Lesson learned.
I worry about the kids now. Neither of my kids are really paying attention, even have cable or into politics, or what is happening with business.
These millennials are getting by the same way- paycheck to paycheck or still living with their parents. They have a pie in the sky outlook on life. I knowI am talking in general here. But I am thinking of the polls and watching. The student loans are rough on them!
I am babbling now.............

DD news:- All done, and all complete. No surgery needed. She felt it pass. It took 4 hours of HEAVY cramping and she was done. She has even stopped bleeding and said her tummy is back to flat!
I am very thankful for that.

Oh......... I have a bit of left over work I just didn't get to it yesterday that is on the clock and needs done. I am thinking about 3 hours and then begins my weekend.

LORI- Thinking about your trip home!!!!! Save travels! You are driving back today - no that is tomorrow!!!!- Well enjoy your Sat there. One more day!

Trig
- Did you get through all your laundry? What kind of wash dry do you have? I got a new set this year I just love. It has a super big dump and is a water saver. It does not have the "pole" in the middle. I love it because I can toss big blankets in.

Blue-- I know you had something fun for Friday night! Whats up in your weekend plans?
I love you are not only getting that thinner feeling- but into new clothes!!!!
You are doing FABULOUS in your WOE. I know you have done it in a way you can manage. That my friend is what works!
low and slow and consistent- pound after pound. It all adds up!
---------------------------------------------------------
I am doing my hair this morning, I am going up a shade lighter. I am sorta nervous about it.

I need to have a "come to Jesus" conversation with my mom. It needs to happen. Soon rather than later. Maybe not today.

Ok- I have to clean out my fridge. I have a "something died" smell in my fridge. I have clean out all the old stuff last night and took out the trash. But the smell is driving me batty and still there.
I am thinking it MIGHT be the eggs?????- I am pulling everything out and wiping everything down and giving everything the smell test before I put it back in. It is really a rank smell!!!!- urghhhhhh

After that I am thinking about a walk- and or a movie. I have a few on my list I would like to see.
Scallops and crab legs tonight- already in the fridge ready to go! (no that is not the smell).

Have a great day- I want to get through work and play!!!!!!- have a good one!
  #2178   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-19, 09:52

BF:

Jaz- I am thankful that your DD was able to pass the baby on her own. I am very sorry for her though, of course. Still, to not have to have surgery is a blessing.

Economy- yes, best to be prepared. Twelve months would be a very hefty savings! You will be ready for whatever comes with that.

Interesting about millennials.. I think there are subgroups too. The ones who saw their parents get hit hard by the recession and/or saw whatever college savings their parents had get vaporized. Or their parents retirement get vaporized so that they then could not retire. I think those kids are (hopefully) more fiscally conscious.

I also have heard that this next group of kids coming up the pipeline, probably around T's age and younger, are not seeing the point of college as much. They see it instead as a huge amount of debt that doesn't really help you all that much and instead can put you behind. I wonder if that will be part of what could potentially burst this college bubble? I cannot fathom that people think ANY college is worth 65-75K per year. It is just beyond absurd IMO. And that is just for an undergraduate degree for heaven's sake.

So what is precipitating this talk with your Mom? Share only if you choose to.

Sorry about the stinky fridge. Drives me nuts when that happens!

••••••••

Yesterday was a stress puppy day for me.

First, I knew DS20 was stressed out and overtired and freaking out, which was really unsettling for me. I knew intellectually that part of it was that he was tremendously exhausted, but I was still really worried about him.

Then, I was waiting on our new microwave to be delivered and installed, only to find out that the delivery was different than the installation and might not happen on the same day. What? WHY? And why was I not informed of this?! So I had to deal with that as well.

Dh and I ended up going out to dinner at a Mexican place for a margarita and food. I had the worst stomach ache for a while after that- several hours. Paid the price for that choice!

Good news: I did hear from DS20 this morning about 9, which is 3pm Netherland time. He had managed to get the phone thing fixed up and is up and running with a SIM card he can use there. He also got a bike rental set up, which he will be able to use once he gets the bike to get all over the city. That is also huge.

We talked for a while and he told me about a meal he bought and ate (complete with texted picture) and how strange it is to sit at a coffee shop and watch people rolling joints and smoking them etc. He said there are a number of magic mushroom shops too. He walked around Central Amsterdam. He said he walked through the Red Light district during the daytime and that it made him sad and he doesn't want to do it again: "all I could think about was that they are someone's sister, and someone's daughter." Good young man right there.

I also got his first rent wired over to the owner of the apartment he is leasing (who is studying abroad herself at McGill in Canada) so he is now set with Tuition paid and Rent paid through September. I am finally starting to feel like I can take a deep breath about him.

DS17 continues with his summer reading and his applications. He's getting his informal senior pics done next weekend. He is pretty much hiding out upstairs in his little hidey hole.

Not much else to report. Settling down from the stressful day yesterday.
  #2179   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-19, 16:34

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---That's what I call a "toe stubber day," which means to me a lot of relatively small aggravating events but they sure hurt at the time!

Even I feel relieved for your son. Reading about his first day there just really underlined how hard it is when all of a sudden EVERYTHING is different. Glad he has a phone---ha, like oxygen for these kids---and soon a bike. I'm thinking w/in a week or so he'll be very excited about his new and different life.

I've never been to Amsterdam but I'd really love to go. Many just see/experience it as a stop over on their way to other parts of Europe but from what I've seen of it in pix/video it would be a destination for me. BTW, agree w/your wise son about the Red Light District---whenever I see it in movies I too think it's just so sad and about as far from sexy as it gets.

Jaz---uh oh, summit at Mama Mountain huh? Well, maybe you've decided by now to delay that. I only laugh w/empathy because w/your mom not sure it would be at all easy to have it go well. Seems she often has an unfortunate way with words where you're concerned, and you'd have to really fasten your seat belt for that. But if you do it, my fingers are crossed for you.

Glad to hear about your daughter. Guess I don't understand why they just didn't give her the pills to begin with, but it's good it's in her past now. How is she doing w/it emotionally?

Trig--- Are you still socked by re-entry rocket burn?

Lori---What up in NYC? LOL, when ever I write/think "New York City" I hear that cowboy in the salsa commercial.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I had a nice spirit lifter last night. A bit of back ground.

Don't know If I've mentioned that an old pal of mine wrote a book and asked me to help her market it, as well as be a beta reader. We did a book trailer for her, like a movie trailer only about a book, which turned out very fun.

Although we've known each other since college, we've never known each other well--- as we mostly knew each other by having a couple friends in common. So what's been really great is finding all these years later we have a real friendship blooming.

She lives in Arizona, so we e-mail and phone chat. And last night we had the most fab conversation about writing projects we were both interested in doing and there's a couple we'd like to explore together. Which has its challenges (like 2 artists working on the same canvas,) but one of the many things I admire about her as I get to know her, is that she's whip smart, and has some really interesting ideas about how to co-write.

We are beginning our exploration of ideas and possibilities and it's just what the doctor ordered for this gal. New dreams, new challenges.

7th day on plan. Tonight we're doing take out ribs and then I'll have my LC sides. Also an OMAD day for me. Kind of nice to just bank that treat night---in that I know it will come, but if no need, why do the deed.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, Aug-17-19 at 16:55.
  #2180   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-19, 17:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Saturday night and we're home! YAY! We decided to come home today as we went to NJ with DGS16 and DD this morning for a "show case" he was invited to. Coaches there to put them thru baseball drills and document their abilities etc. Since we were already heading home at that point, we couldn't see the point in driving back into NYC to sleep and then head home Sunday morning. We're so glad to be home. City life is not for us.

Haven't really taken time to catch up with all of you, but hope all is well. I'll get back in the groove in a couple days.

We are both super tired.
  #2181   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-19, 19:40

BF:

Ladies!!!!!-

NIC- I am so glad the youngster 20 - got everything he needed and is feeling better about things!!!!! I would not say Amsterdam is on my bucket list- but most of the places he wants to visit are!
I know like BLUE- once he gets his bearings it's off to the races!!!!!!

Ever read the book - "Oh the places you will go? " By Dr. Suess? I gave a copy to each of my kids when they graduated from high school. I love that book- Oh the places........... it is a must read!

I hear ya loud and clear on kids not wanting to go to collage right now. it is VERY hard for them. I STILL have student loans at my age!!!!!! I will die with them, unless I win the lotto!!!!!

BLUE- - really a new writing assignment?!?!?!?- Just your cup of tea! So you! You have a knack with the written word and can see things most can't! Cheers to your new endeavor!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!

Trig- my dear friend- ate crab legs until I could eat no more and stopped. I thought of your belly ache and stopped at 2 bunches. 4 legs= 8 legs but they was not alot of meat in these. They looked plumed and juicy and then I was just tired of fighting to work a scrap of meat. Too much work. Tomorrow I have scallops.

Lori- SO glad you are safey home. I bet you missed your bed!
-----------------------------------------
Things went really side ways with my mom. Two of you ask- so I will share. I got very upset yesterday. She invited herself over for lunch and insisted I take to out. I told her I was working but she could come over and I would pick up anything she wanted.

I called her and told her I got hung up with a important meeting and was running late- but she could stop over, and had just picked up food for her

She blasted me. Take in mind I was on the clock and WORKING!!!!!!
She came over - I ask polity for her to take off her shoes. Pet peeve of mine- no shoes in my house. She refused.

Then she just left like 10 minutes later.
I texted her last night and was like WTF??????? Happened? - She was insulted ........ Are you ready for this- she was not given a napkin, told me I shoved shrimp in her face and was late. WTH?????- really I spent 25 on a shrimp salads - she ate none of it and told me again I was late and din't provide a napkin.

WTF- I was working, told her I was running late. Got home and was getting out her lunch and she said- oh forget it it is too late to eat. So I just put shrimp on the counter rather than make a big salad. then she said I didn't feed her. I was SOOOOOOOOOO upset. I said nothing. I dumped the sand and shrimp after she left because I was so pisst. Again I didn't say crap.

However I texted her last night and told her I was hurt over her actions. She called me names (typical) and would not take a call. Really calling me names- how old is she????
I am DONE DONE DONE with that crap.

So I face timed her this morning, she went right into screaming at me, I dumped her, (hello was working) - and called me stupid. I very quietly said of you continue to scream this call is over, agin she starting screaming, I said again in normal tone- I am not taking this - speak in a normal tone- more screams- I hung up and said I was done.

Then comes the barrage of texts- everything I am not doing right, more stupid, it went on and on and on. I wrote back a simple text.

:mom- I am too exhausted to fight with you. My Job is enough stress I can't handle any more. Unless you just stop with the insults and screaming I can't talk to you right now. I love you but am unwilling to put up with your rants. I would thing knowing what you do about my Jon you would be supportive. But no- you scream at me for forgetting to get you a napkin. Life is short, if this is the way you want to spend it this is on you. I love you but am not your punching bag any longer. You have pushed everyone one away with your anger and I am about to be the next- I just can't take it."

That is what almost verbatim what I wrote. Her response- more venom. I turned off my phone. It is ALWAYS my fault. I am stupid - she calls me that all the time. I can't believe I have put up with this for so long. She is mentally ill. This I know and have given her grace because of it. She is bitter. My kids do not speak to her. I have put up boundaries- but not enough.

She has no friends, and hates everyone. She is really F'd up. I can't help her.
Monday is her 74th birthday. I am dropping off a card tomorrow in her mailbox (generic card) and not stopping. We were going out to dinner at her request ( money I don't have). It's really really really sad.

Ya know there is a piece of me that really wanted her to be the mom I knew have had. I have been trying to please her for years and years and years. She left in the middle of the night when I was like 8-9, when I was little and I never saw her again until I was in my 20's. Didn't know if she was even alive.
I grew up really fast. she left in the middle of the night. and that was that when I was little.

I became a woman because alot of other women stepped in at just the right point in my life. I am not giving self pity- oh just the opposite. I see her for what she truly is. She reminds me a a wild caged animal if you get to close she will rip off your hand or anything else exposed.
She will never have what I have had in my life. for a brief minute that makes me sad for her. So I have given her opportunities that most would have not.

I am ok with it truly- it is sad to see a wasted bitter life and not know true love. I have tolerated her. I love her because she is my mother- but I don't like her.

I bet that was more than you wanted NIC/ and BLUE. -

I am ok. I do not need her approval. I know I am worthwhile, smart, and beautiful inside and out. I try very hard to give people the benefit of the doubt. But with her I truly think it is a mental illness.

So............ That is what I deal with. sometimes the animal is tame, and sometimes not. She is a cat. (sorry Lori) - but she remains me of a rabid cat. sometimes what's petted but for the most time aloof.

On a positive note!!!!!!!!- Yes my DD is doing well and happy and feeling physically good.

On plan today. found out the stinky smell was coming from a bag of old carrots. GROSS- kitchen smells fresh and clean now. nothing worse than rotting vegetables.

Wanted to go t movies- went for long walk instead. Still hot here. 9:30 here. I am going to crawl into a fresh bed. All tucked in and ready for me. did all my sheets and blankets and cool and cozy!

Oh- my hair- it came out looking the same as it always does. it wasn't lighter. Just the same. Still ok in my books. I guess if I truly want some blond highlights I am going to have to pay or them!

I might go check out that singles group at the Methodist church tomorrow. Depends on when I get up.
I could really use some positive people as more support in my life right now. I am more spitural than religious. But ya know it's an hour out of my time. who knows.

I have scallops for tomorrow but don't feel like fish much. I great big ol cheese burger minus the bun sounds fabulous.

Night ladies.
BTW- I do not feel sorry for me. So please take my story as one of somebody who has overcome obstacles and made something of herself against the odds! That is me! That is why I am the scrapy survivor! I grew up on my own.

No dad either - so yes- own my own. MY god I turn out AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was ok to write it out

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Aug-17-19 at 19:51.
  #2182   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-19, 05:27

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes....it was good to be back in our own bed last night. I'll just putter around the house today. I do have to make a trip to the grocery store at some point. Our fridge is quite bare. DH is going to the Little League world series with our son and grandson, so I'll have a few hours of peace & quiet.

Jaz.....I think you are amazing for how you've tried to have a relationship with your Mom. Time and again she turns on you. You certainly don't need the stress....you have enough of that in your life with your job.

Glad to hear that your DD is doing well after her ordeal.

Blue....what an exciting new project for you! Hope you enjoy the experience.

Nic...glad to hear that your son is getting adjusted in his new surroundings. I'm sure it was all quite overwhelming at first.

Trig....so you are home from your latest trip and back in the groove? When does DD start back to school? Most of the kids around here go back next week.

Well, I have some vacation bloat to lose this week. We did not eat well while we were away. No nice restaurants when you're on a baseball trip. We ate 2 lunches on the boardwalk at Coney Island, and dinner at Yankee Stadium one night. Ugh.....sick of that kind of food!

Today I know I'll be extra hungry due to carb consumption the last few days, so I'll eat, but stay strictly low carb. Tomorrow I want to try my first 500 calorie "fast" day. We'll see how it goes.

Enjoy your Sunday!
  #2183   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-19, 05:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco it was great to hear your DS is doing well now in Amsterdam. It truly is a huge adventure but being there alone, I so get his apprehension on it all. Alone is cool but it also makes one realize how alone they truly are ya know. I think he is pulling thru great You will hear some cool stories from all this as he has his adventures!

Sorry you are stressed out....all should calm down for ya I hope. Glad to hear tho your DH is not in a bad way and working thru his med mess.

Now you are waiting on microwave installation yea why wouldn't delivery and install be the same day? ugh little things like that would drive me batty.

right now I am batty also on small thing.....kid's matching nightstand that was to be ready Aug 9 for ordering is now delayed til Oct. 12. It said backorder was changed and I am like....SEE this is what I GET for ordering online and not at the same time these 2 items. I bet 1000% that sucker is going bye bye and I won't be able to buy the matching nightstand and it irks me....I am going to sit down and do online search for it at another store and if I find one, boom ordered instantly right now....I just hope it is out there somewhere. ugh...nothing ever is easy or goes right it seems life

Lori, sounds like your NYC adventure went very well for you. I so get ya on that food. It gets old and tiring and one does want their own kitchen to cook up something good. I hear ya on that.
I would do the same, if you are in NJ and nearer to home, why go back to NYC and have to do the drive again the next morning. Smart move on that one!

Blue sounds like your mood is lifting up happy you have a fun project with your friend. Little things like that are important to keep one feeling connected ya know. Like there is good out there to make us smile LOL

Yes I got re-entry burn I feel so darn tired. Just can't get zippy at all. Need more days to just chillax and sleep. Can't seem to get enough sleep but I will flip it all and get some energy back I think. hope anyway

Greg what are ya doing? give us an update report. I hope all is good with ya!!

Jaz, yea new boundaries again with your mom. It seems like you guys go around and around in a dance. Sometimes are easy and ok and then crap hits the fan with your mom and it has to be reined back. I feel for you tho. I know you want stable, easy, friendly and more and it is for a small bit then boom, you get nailed again. At least you are stable and well adjusted and see it for what it is and you are handling it all very well! Hats off to you for your patience and more! Set your boundaries hard again and let things chill, they will

hey all
still am so tired. no idea why. seems I am sleeping ok but go to bed very tired and wake up very tired. huh. I don't know LOL

one thing I am looking forward to is kid going back to school
means I don't have to listen to feed me, or what good junk is in the house etc.....LOL....I am so over food ya know. With school she comes home and eats her 'dinner' and I feed her great and done deal for the day. She wants nothing else so I want so back into that good routine again. AND waiting for hunting time again, get rid of the hubby a bit.

Day 1 fast yesterday went well until about 8pm...got the hungries hard...talked myself out of eating til about 9 when I had a can of tuna and mayo and ate very very slow. Did the trick. So yesterday, good day

Day 2 fast. see how it goes but I feel better in the guts tho and hope I get thru this day in good form. will report

off to moms in a bit
home later to finish up on pool
track down and order that stupid nightstand if I can LOL
other than that, taking life easy and slow

great day all
  #2184   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-19, 07:10

BF:

called mom and she wants me to come tomorrow

weee….day to work on pool and camper

no driving for me today LOL
  #2185   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-19, 07:19

BF:

Trig- Sorry you are so tired. It's hard to come back from a trip, I know.

Hey, do you know how to do an image search on Google? Look it up and then do an image search on the nightstand. Hopefully you can find it another place.

Blue- LOVE hearing about the plans you and your writer friend are cooking up. IT is fun to dream for sure and be excited about something like that! I hope some of it comes to fruition.

Lori- Welcome back home! Did you enjoy NYC? I have some bloat to drop too. I sure do feel it. Ugh!

Jaz- Thanks for sharing about your Mom. I guess you were an only child also bc you never mentioned any siblings. And I don't know if I knew your Dad was also not present in your life.

Your Mom's behavior is just unreasonable and I think you dealt with it perfectly. You told her the expectation, she violated it, end of call.
And yes you are worthwhile and loving and smart and all of those things!

I do wonder if maybe there is also some dementia or mental illness - borderline personality or something like that. But you don't have to take abuse for it, and you know that!

••••••

Yesterday was a good day. DS17, DH and I went to see a movie: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark or something like that. Movie based on a book that the kids used to read and scare themselves with. It was actually quite good. Then we went to Shake Shack across the street afterward. It was a fun time with DS. Heck, if he willing to spend time on a Saturday with his parents then I am all over it!

Today I have some classwork to get done, and I need to go to the store. Tomorrow I picked up a six hour shift so I'll be doing that.

Not much else to report!
  #2186   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-19, 09:14

BF:

yea Nicco take all the fun times ya can with the 'iffy' kids you can get I love when my kiddo is active with us and it is so rare now, she is in her own little world but when she comes out every now and then I love it sounds like a good time.

yea I googled it etc and it seems ONLY wayfair is selling it. All searches are showing 'reviews and where to buy' and it is all directed at wayfair and it irks me, I would buy one in a split second if I could find a white one...ugh....me thinks me screwed on this. ugh again. got caught somehow on maybe an exclusive with wayfair from the company on this set??? not sure but not happy LOL but the kid don't care anyway, I care but she doesn't LOL

on well...I will keep the faith on it somehow that I might get my hands on one or in the end, just find a 'kinda' good matcher for the dresser and say screw it
  #2187   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-19, 09:30

BF:

Good Sunday Morning!

Lori- - I know you are going to try the JUDD? Or something along those lines?
You looked great in your pic's!!!!!- Your bloat is just what you see! But hey I get ya on eating crap= feeling like crap!
I heard an interesting take on that.
So we have so tuned our bodies to accept great quality LC foods. Then when we introduce junk the body revolts. I would be more alarmed if you DIDN'T feel icky!
But after a few days of whatever- it is harder to clamp down. Trig had a good idea when I was getting back on the wagon. Take the first day or two and not care or count- just make sure it is little to no carbs- then put the brakes on.
But hey- whatever works best for you!
How is that arm doing for you these days? Oh........ Any air fryer food? I want to hear? Ya gotta try it!!!

Trig- I just love your no nonsense why you write as well. When you said the "dance with mom"- that should be a book. You know that is a perfect title for a book. "Dance with Mom, navigating mental illness in aging parents". That is exactly when it is too! YUP- NIC- it is a mental illness. It has taken me years and years to see it for what it is. -
But Trig- you nailed it, with that word. But doesn't everyone who has someone in their family do that too? We dance......around the issue, with the issue, on eggs, with words that don't rock the boat, we dance. I just love that. What a beautiful healing word that is!!!! You know she doesn't see it but the rest of the family does.

Mental illness is real- and sad. It effects more people than we know. Some people just write it off as "that is just the way they are". That doesn't make it normal. I am glad though as a society we are starting to have conversations about it. It won't change anything in my situation. But the more that people come forward and society seeks to improve not only those who have it but offer support for the family's.
I think of that Kennedy 20 year old beautiful gal who struggled with depression, who died last week. Her family struggled too. She though was pretty open and talked about.

I am hopeful that we can take that "dark" secrete and stigma away and really help those that are willing to receive help.
Goodness TRIG- That one word you used just spun a huge button in me. But it fits so well.
Maybe I will write that book! - Of course I would give you props for the Title!!!! HAHAHAH

Speaking of mom's - you are off to see yours and I hope you have a great day.
I wonder if truly the heat we are under is not zapping your energy. It has been WEEKS since we have had temps under 90 anything. WEEK after WEEK of temps in the 90's is enough! I am SICK OF IT.
I also wonder because of the heat- you are slightly dehydrated.

I know I am just exhausted after being out and about day after day in and out of the car in this weather! Tank up on water, and lay low for a few days!

NIC
- I would be interested in what you are doing in class. Do you write papers? What does it look like? Do you have reading and then post a discussion?
You must have the movie pass with as much as you go to the movies. I want to see the Once upon a time in Hollywood. I want to see it not for the movies and the light it shines on the dark side of Hollywood. I heard it is going to get nominated for several awards. Everyone is talking about it.
How is your WOE going these days?

BLUE- - You get the award for most coveted place to be weather wise right now!!!! Are you still enjoying your pool!!!!
Any plans for your upcoming week? Have you been to "my" favorite supper club lately for Walleye. I was thinking about that this morning. Fresh Walleye- You lucky gal you. Can you buy it in the fish store?
Have a wonderful Sunday!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I just adore you gals way more than you know!
Today is my errand day in 90+ humidity so thick you can cut it with a knife. OVER IT- no relief until the end of next week. Then a cool front- 85+- BREAK OUT THE PARKA!!!!!!

I can't ever remember a hotter summer, ever.

I am taking the pooch for a nail grind, getting a card for my mothers birthday and dropping it in the mail box and keep moving, I am out of eggs and Coconut milk.

After that I have some computer work. I am on the bench about the- I might catch a senior afternoon flick!

My morning is escaping me!
ON plan!!!Tons of fish in my fridge. BTW- no more smell!

Have a great day all.
  #2188   ^
Old Sun, Aug-18-19, 20:30

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---I don't think the night table for kiddo's bed has to be from the same set, IOW, totally matched. If you search sites for just "white night tables" and look for something sleek like the bed, that looks like it would be "friendly" w/the bed, it will be just fine, and you'll have a lot of choices. funny, I JUST finished one of the design episodes I do for big client on this very topic. Maybe I'll send it to you for fun.

Nic---So yummy T wanted to spend the afternoon w/you and hubby, movie and burgers or whatever. One of the things I really struggled with when my son hit adolescence was not doing all the things w/him we used to do together. So yeah, when they all of a sudden want to be w/you it is a great treat.

Jaz---SIGH. Not in the pool as often as I was. Only made it three times last week. Yeah, the weather here has been great---really sort of very early fall weather, but not the kind of weather that makes you run for the pool quite as fast.

Funny when you said you had refrigerator stink---I've found where you least expect it, old vegetables, can be the worst. You NEVER want to let cabbage go bad, man, that stinks higher to heaven than old fish ever dreamed of.

Good move on dropping the b'day card off at your mom's and getting about your day.

Lori---Wherever we go, nothing quite like coming home. Just being in our own bed, a treat we tend to take for granted, is so appreciated after being in other beds who don't know us and don't care what we like or don't.

Just watched a movie yesterday that took place in large part at Coney Island. Quite the iconic place. But yeah, a couple of days of that food could make you actually beg for something LC!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a fantastic day w/my pal. We went down to Hudson, which is a river town just over the line into Wisconsin. We had lunch sitting right on the St. Croix river, and then shopped our little hearts out. The main street is full of really fun shops. I bought only a gift for a friend's b'day, but my pal found some great things and hey, as long as she was spending money I had a lot of fun living vicariously.

And, I stayed on plan. Thought I'd take this as an excuse for a treat, as I'm due one, but the day was so gorgeous and I was so enjoying my pal's company and having such a good confab w/her, I decided I didn't need carbs to make it better.

Now I'm the best kind of tired and going to curl up in bed w/a new book I'm reading that's SO good. Great day!
  #2189   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 04:46

BF:

Monday Morning!
Blue- I love that the day was so perfect you didn't need carbs!!!!- Just think how awesome you feel. Carbs kill that thinner feeling~

Lucky you to have some cooler weather. Trig and I are SWELTERING under oppressive heat and humidity. I am ready for Sept. the temps seem to drop as the calendar moves.
I know you are enjoying outside!

What were you talking to Trig about? I love eclectic furniture that sorta match but not a "set" is so much more interesting to look at. Not obviously you won't want something so different it looks awkward. But in the same color or style is more interesting.

TRIG- You don't like Wayfair? I think they are very expensive. They say they aren't but they are!!! I like browsing estate and garage sales, and antique shops. You never know what you will find!
I am not a huge shopper though. I buy what I need. know you are finishing off the kiddo's room. But when you find it you will just know!!!!
Do you have an IKA near you? I love browsing online too! Browse is the KEY word here!!!

Are you feeling any better? OMG this heat is just too much! Too hot for even a pool.
I also wonder if you are tired like BLUE said- re-entry!!!!!

NIC- Is that extra shift today? Do you have a quiet house now? Did DS20 get what he needed for his phone? Hope he is more settled.
What does your week look like?

Lori- WHAT posting before you??????- I just know I will hit submit and your post will be sitting there! Are you rested up from your trip. that was a fast one! You must not be that far from NYC - how long of a drive was it?
Yup- agreed to get back on track. What a better time than Monday!!!!TODAY!!!
What is your agenda this week? Are you still working out or doing PT?

Greg- POST PLEASE- how are you?
-----------------------------------------------------
Well, another week. I have a full busy week! - Every week is full and busy!!!!-
I really don't have much to chat about. Just getting through today- and the heat.
I was happy to see a sign up- that is advertising the FALL Festival here in Duluth! = FALL IS COMING!!!!!!!!!

It is also a fun festival. The entire town turns out for it. I got some cute gifts last year.
Time to sip last cup of coffee and start my day! -

Have a good one all
  #2190   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 05:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Well, let's see how today's low calorie day goes. I think I'll have some broth with collagen powder in it for lunch & maybe a little MCT oil in coffee late morning. I got some chicken out of the freezer that we had grilled, and DH will be having that for dinner with potato salad. I may have a small piece of chicken. That will be my day.....plus lots of water.

I'm going to the Sport Chiro at 10 this morning. We'll see what torture she has in mind today. I have been bad about doing my at home stretches etc. I just forget to do them as I have no pain for the most part, unless I over extend....then watch out!

Jaz....I have been using my air fryer, but not really cooking. I've made DH frozen french fries and some frozen fish filets. Stuff like that. I'm trying to remember what else I've tried. I do like it and think I'll use it a lot. Oh....I did make pork chops last week.....I breaded them with pork rinds and they were quite good.

It is supposed to be quite warm & humid today again. Something like 91 degrees. We were so lucky in NYC as it was around 80 and low humidity with a fresh breeze every day. I did get a bit of a sunburn...I had a ball cap on, but evidently my nose was sticking out as the end is bright red like Rudolph! My neck and chest got a bit burned too. I didn't take sunscreen along on the trip...smart, right? Sigh.

I'm going to enjoy a quiet morning before my Dr. appt. Our 10 year old grandson will be here this afternoon. Possibly DH will take him up to Little League for something to do. He loves baseball, just like his big brother.

Have good days!
Closed Thread