Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#871   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-21, 02:47

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz......You made it to the weekend! Woohoo! I hope your Friday was not too stressful. Is your sinus infection beginning to clear? You may have to take it easy this weekend and hopefully you'll feel back to normal next week.

Trig......Congrats on your 1.5 down so far this month! I haven't made any progress toward losing 5-10 lbs. Right now I'm just happy to be hovering in my 5 lb "safe" zone.

Nic.....Enjoy your down time with the boys being busy next week. It'll seem funny to you to have an empty house. How did PB go yesterday? Yum.....Bonefish Grill....love it! Hope the inlaws are doing well.

-----------

I'm up early, as usual, and will head to the golf course around 7:30. We have early tee times this weekend. We have a couple gals joining us this morning, so it'll be a gab fest. We had quite a bit of rain yesterday, so the course will be a bit "sloggy". I'll have to wear my wet shoes this morning.

Have a happy Saturday!
Sponsored Links
  #872   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-21, 06:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one

all good

out to work pool and other stuff before the bigger raindrops come soon

back to chat up later..... got my dot down HA
  #873   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-21, 09:00

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!
I feel SO SO much better. Still on antibiotic, taking my last one tomorrow. I don't feel "clogged" anymore and my energy is back! It didn't even occur to me I was sick until I was SICK! I attributed the exhaustion to my life in general!

NIC- Yay on Bonefish Grill. I used to eat there all the time in Ohio. It was my "go to" place every paycheck. I treated myself on Payday Friday with the salmon salad. I still love it. Their Ahi tuna is awesome as well! All LC! Skip the coconut shrimp!
I had my spot I sat. They knew me there. It was just a great place to go and have a glass of wine and a great meal and didn't break my wallet! Enjoy!!!!!!

I know you will relish having some down time to yourself! Kick up your feet and hopefully those nasty bugs are diminishing. Are you using your pool?

Lori- Yup feeling better- - Enjoy your day today! How were your ribs yesterday?
Yup better wear your wet shoes. Do your feet ever hurt?

Trig- Yay for pool work. It means your butt will be in it soon! I know you are loving summer! Hot and humid today!

Yup- next Aug parents across the land will be crying for joy to see the big yellow bus head down their street!!!!! HAHAHAHAH- Normal life again! I love it!
-------------------------------------------------------------
I thought BRIEFLY about hitting the beach. However, I think I need to lay low a bit today and just work on my CEU and hit up the pool later.
I have my second wash spinning and a pork loin in the slow cooker for later.

ALL my boxes are unpacked and my place is DONE!!!!!! - It feels like home. I am truly enjoying my place. I made a point to not clutter it up with a bunch of furniture. It's clean, bright and thought out.

Just a do at my pace today. -

#874   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-21, 19:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz WTH I need to hear all about this new pup! My mind is blown! From illness to pup in two days flat!

Trig, hope you dodged the rain and got all your stuff done.

Lori, I hope your golfing was a fun time!

Went out to the Annapolis area to take Dh's parents out to dinner. BIL and SIL are celebrating their 20th this weekend.

DS22 called me and he has TWO roommates for next year for NYC, so that is exciting for him. They are hoping to score a 3 bedroom in Manhattan with their three combined rent monies. Apparently one of the roommates to be will be in NYC next weekend so they are going to choose a few for him to take a look at, with the hopes of a lease starting July 15th. DS22 and Fi are also putting their registry together this weekend while he is there with her. Fun!
  #875   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-21, 03:06

BF:

Good Morning!

A little bit of a struggle on the golf course yesterday. That's the way it goes. Some days you are "on" and some days you're just not. I often wonder where my swing went!? It's still a blessing to be able to be out there.

Jaz.....How exciting! We are all waiting for the "adoption story"! A new love in your life....I think it will be good for you to have a roommate!

Nic...Hope your day/night in Annapolis went well. I love that city! So awesome that DS22 has found roommates for NYC and they can now start looking for an apartment.

Trig....Did the weather hold for you to get some outside stuff done yesterday? Have you been able to get in the pool yet?

----------

Same old, same old for me today. Early tee time and then home to grab a shower and probably take a nap. I'm not a very good napper, but sometimes I can catch a few minutes.

Speaking of sleep....this is the week that the big construction project is supposed to happen on the road right outside our house. They are going to work round the clock from Thursday to Monday. Big equipment, bright lights and lots of noise. They were supposed to do this project last year, but it fell thru. A guy stopped and talked to me about it last week and said it is happening. I told him I guess we should go on vacation while it's going on....he said "That would not be a bad idea." So.....I will be a cranky pants for a few days due to sleep deprivation and having to detour to just leave our house. A pain in the a$$, but what can you do? Poor Gabby will be terrorized by all the noise....I feel bad about that.

That's it from here. Have good days!
  #876   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-21, 07:42

BF:

Lori, can you just take a short trip? It could be fun! Even somewhere fairly close by!

Looking forward to hearing about the new pup.

Things are fine here. Pickleball at noon today. Took Dh's parents out to Bonefish and that was a good time although I gotta say, their house just smells bad. I think DH's dad is having accidents and throwing stuff away in the kitchen trash. Ugh.

I did something I rarely do and sent a steak back. It was supposed to be medium rare and came closer to medium well. Ugh, it was tough and dry and filet should never be like that. The second one came back medium rare and it was exactly as it should have been, and delicious! I had a side salad, and then the steak and lobster tail, as well as a whiskey and soda water.

Had a friend text me this morning inviting me to NYC for next weekend. She and her husband have rented a two bedroom for the summer and he had to go back for a water pipe issue at their house in Austin. But since I will be there over the summer getting Chris moved in, and with it being Father's Day weekend (plus all the other travel I'm doing) I am going to pass. I will see her when I am there with him in July (and probably August too) getting him moved in and settled.

Hugs!

Last edited by niccofive : Sun, Jun-13-21 at 07:47.
  #877   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-21, 08:40

BF:

First full day of chapter Rugar. I have to wonder WTH was I thinking?!?!?!?!?!?
I woke up yesterday feeling physically pretty good. But I went to the closet and saw Bella's blanket and I just started sobbing. - Then Anyway, from there I pulled myself together and started working on my CEU's for my License.

NO THOUGHTS ABOUT GETTING A DOG-

Soooooooo........ I loaded up my car to take boxes to Goodwill. Well anyway the GW is in the same shopping Center as PetSmart. So I saw this sign as I past ADOPTIONS TODAY. Well........ I just knew that They were all going to be older and I wanted a puppy. But HOLY HANNA there were 2 litters of brand new puppies.

Both litters had five. The first litter were Bishons- the second litter were miniature German Shepard/ Terrier mix. I wanted a girl. I bypassed the Bishons. In the Shepard litter were 2 females. I thought the one was aggressive and the second one I held for a good 10 minutes and we just didn't bond at all.

So I kept eyeing this one- this boy was eyeing me too. So I put the female down and pick up this boy who just cuddle straight up. So gentle and a real cuddle bug. I fell in love with him on the spot. So I filled out an application. There were 50 applications ahead of me. The director told me that it would take a week or so to get to mine and then I could come by their facility and look over some other dogs.

Well I busted out in tears and said I don't want to put this boy down. He needs to belong to me. I then told her how I lost Bella in route here and was ready to care for this boy in the same capacity. I had everyone in the store crying. Then the director went over to her assistant and I saw them whispering.
Long story short I have my pup. I signed an agreement to take her to the vet and get established within two weeks.

Then I went "shopping" to get toys, crate, harness. I still have Bella's leash so I am using that. He did number 2 this morning OUTSIDE! He slept though the night no crying. I put the crate right beside my blowup bed. I noticed he would pop his head up and see if I was still here. Then he would close his eyes again.

I woke up this morning and said to myself- WHAT DID I JUST DO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Then I look over at his sweet sleeping face and it makes me smile. But I tell you having a puppy is like having a toddler. Not only that a Shepard to boot loves to high play and run. I was exhausted last night from up and down those stairs and walking him.
I certainly don't need a treadmill now.
I am pretty sure he had bonded with me because he follows me everywhere and stares at me before he sleeps. He loves.

I realized today I forgot to eat yesterday. Just forgot- I was so busy with this baby. He- this BOY is going to get my but back to moving and in shape!!!!!!! He loves to run.

I am devouring HOW TO POTTY TRAIN You tube videos. Thankfully Shepards are smart and fast learners. I MIGHT put him in dog training too. I also am thinking about day care 2 times a week so he gets to play with other dogs. Bella never got that socializing. So............. I am committed for the next 12-14 years.

So that is the story of my new baby Rugar. He learned to navigate going up steps, and walked on a leash this morning. I am tired and its only 10:40.

Nothing else is happening right now- for a while.

WOE on point! HAHAHAHAH- I need to eat something today.
  #878   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-21, 11:31

BF:

Nicco yea with C moving in and all you have to put that as a priority, I sure get that plus you got good trips locked in for the near future and fun times to be had....I get ya on that.

Lori that bridge work is finally happening but don't worry about kitty cause truly she will exit the house and GO IN the other direction..........cats are so darn smart. They do for them and Gabby will be fine on it all.....now you? HAHA

Jazz....I was shocked you did new dog so fast, but I get it. A puppy is a draw that damn near no one can ever resist LOL

But you bonded. You wanted girl but the boy hit home and was the 'side bond' you required and he will be THAT one for you.........and OMG!!!! OMG!! 50 applications for this dog and your story got him to you and I almost was in tears reading your story cause I bet it was even more tear jerking than what you wrote....you slay me but you guys are now a team Love it and he is adorable to boot!

Good thing ya kept our LCOW trip as pet motel now cause I wanna see him and I know he is coming and I will walk him for you just like I walked Bella for ya one day Critter gal here to the max

--------all good
just doing
just getting rv ready now early cause hell I want out of dodge. swim weather stinks to the max.
just WANT OUT NOW!

other than that all cool LOL
  #879   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-21, 17:04

BF:

Rugar update status-
We learned to do the stairs today.............. He learned he will be harnessed when we go out for awhile- till he is a much bigger boy!
He did 1 and 2 twice outside. Yes he did have an accident here - but I took care of that. I went BACK to Petsmart today and bought and expandable do gate that goes 15 feet. I now have the living room/carpet off limits until he isa "big boy". Not anytime soon. But he had the dining area and the kitchen area that are together. He has plenty of run room and his crate is there. I put down two dog blankets and toss his toys on them and he is going to be just fine.

I am one TIRED gal. This dog loves to walk and run. This gate though is a godsend and I am feeling better about it all now.

Yup- he has fallen asleep on me now twice and I find that precious. Yup- he was a gift. But I do have a thought of WTH was I thinking???- But now I have him and he is sleeping at me feet. My family and home feels complete.

WAY on WOE track!!!!!
  #880   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-21, 04:22

BF:

Jazz your last pic makes him seem bigger, like I thought he was gonna hold smaller sized but that pics shows kinda big paws....how big do you think he is gonna get?

Ehhh, you needed a dog and ya got one.....don't wonder on it anymore LOL You found him and he found you

Nicco, steak and lobster.....oh my....I sure want me some good lobster or crab legs...I think I have to pony up the price and have me some.

Oh yes I send back steaks for sure.....when I order I want exactly what I ordered, ya know they usually only look at ya weird on the 3rd return HAHA no, one return is usually enough to get it done right LOL

-----------------fast post

off to get mom
bro Gregg needs a break so mom is coming here for 2 days

off to get her in a bit, stop at walmart for a few things along the way I need

WOE going very well. Just doing my zc thing and all fine.

WISH WISH WISH real summer would kick in....this weather his just not cooperating with how I like it!

so cloudy still but bigger rains seem to be gone so that is good.

back later....be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Jun-14-21 at 06:14.
  #881   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-21, 05:30

BF:

Good Morning!

Slept in until 5:30.....felt great. I was actually awake at 3:30 when we heard something fall.....it was a sound like a wire hanger hitting our tile floor. I cannot find anything, so have no idea what it was? DH & I both heard it, so I know I wasn't dreaming. Maybe a resident ghost?

Yesterday my regular golfing partner didn't want to play due to a little drizzle, but I didn't want to sit at home. I went to the course and the other 2 ladies that asked to play with us showed up, but decided not to play since the weather was not great. I just went out and played by myself and had the best time! It was a great opportunity to practice and hit 2 balls if I wanted. Fun! I'm going to do the same thing Wednesday & Thursday mornings since I have no one else to play with. Thursday I have a 7AM tee time! The weather is supposed to be sunny & nice.....I just couldn't bear the thought of just sitting at home.

Today I'll do a grocery store run and do some cleaning in this shack. Tomorrow night DH invited another couple to stop by and enjoy sitting on our front porch and having some strawberry shortcake. That means lots of extra "stuff" that I have to do to get ready for company. I have to do most of it today since I'm playing golf tomorrow morning. Oh well......they'll have to take us as we are.....

Trig......have fun with Mom. I remember you fed her well the last time she visited. What meals are you planning this time?

Jaz....hope Rugar is a good boy while you're working today.

Nic....I understand about your IL's house have a "bad" smell. Betty's room is really bad sometimes. There is carpeting in her bedroom and right by her bed is stained and really bad. DH has tried shampooing it, but that smell just permeates everything. We try not to make an obvious issue of it so as not to embarrass her, but it is awful. I don't think she notices it anymore. Ugh.

Hope PB went well. Are you playing during the week?

-----
Well, I have to get moving. I want to get my grocery store run done this morning and then have to vacuum, clean the kitchen and bathroom, plus the front porch. This afternoon DH has to go for a biopsy of his prostate. His PSA was a little high last winter and then they tested again in a couple months and it was back down. His urologist said that it is not enlarged or anything and his numbers look ok, but he would like to err on the side of caution and do the biopsy. He had this procedure back in 2005 and all was well, but DH is very proactive about things like this and will do whatever the Drs. suggest. Anyway, I'll go with him in case he doesn't feel like driving afterwards.

Have good days!
  #882   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-21, 07:20

BF:

Hi all!

Well Jaz, I am happy for you and no doubt Rugar is incredibly precious. You are right though, puppies are A LOT of work. The fact that you work from home will make it SO much more doable and you two will be so bonded. With him being part German Shepard it is imperative that you socialize him with a variety of people from a very young age. Have people over into your home. Have him be around kids. Shepards can be very protective as you know and you have to be on that really fast and young.

Trig- Glad you will be having some Mom time. Does Gregg want/ need some alone time or does your Mom have greater needs than he had been anticipating? As always, love how you and your sibs work together. It's a beautiful thing.

Lori- Love how proactive you have been with your golf and getting yourself out there no matter what! I think that is fabulous.

Poor Betty. My Mom and her Dh's house is sort of like that and I won't stay there. Ugh. I tell ya, getting old is not for the weak!

••••••••••

Well, I'm going to NYC after all! I told Dh about it and he sweetly encouraged me to go. This is a good friend of mine, we've been friends since 8th grade. She was in my wedding as a co-maid of honor and I was in hers as well. He was right to not let the opportunity go by. So I am going up Thursday afternoon on the train and will come back Saturday night. I want to be back to make him Fathers Day brunch on Sunday morning. I think he is going to do a poker tournament while I am gone also, which will make him really happy.

I'm playing pickleball today but more for the clinic. It's the last clinic until September. I really don't like to play two days in a row. I generally try to play one weekday, possibly two if they are spread out, and then on Sunday.

I am so ready to get to be outside. NONE of us have used the pool, I can't take a walk etc bc of these cicadas. I am so over it I almost don't even have the words for it!!

On plan!
  #883   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-21, 17:02

BF:

.dot- OMG tired........... was up at 430 to pee and then guess who was up!!!!!!!! He was READY...... Lori- He is coming to you if he does that again!!!!!! You are used to it! HAHAHAHAH

Truly though he was SUCH a good boy today. He was crated 1/2 day and then in play pen. Only one pee accident on a towel..... no big woop. I have my living room gated off now.
Watching everything I can on dog training.

I am using crate and play and outside and of course high cuddle time so he feels safe.
He is in crate so I get a few minutes to write without his paw hitting the keyboard which he did. - Oh yeah.... totally facinatined with laptop and wants to plop that big ass paw in it.

Trig- these paws are huge. Told me 40 pounds .........yeah........

This summer is sucking for sure- all this rain and humidity. just not even comfortable to be out.

NIC- NYC- here you come!!!!!!!! DETAILS- maybe I missed them- when and everything!!!!!!!

Lori- fingers crossed for DH- keep us posted!!!!!!! Sorry about Betty room- OMG do I get that. Older people lose their sense of smell. Very disturbing for the rest of us.
It brought back a memory of my grandparents. I was helping them with laundry one day and about keeled over from the smell. Not their fault. Dear god I hope that never happens to us!!!!!

Golf today?
-----------------------------------
I am so tired again- I think it is puppy stress this time and the AMOUNT of times up and down these forsaken steps!!!!!! I have lost 5 pounds since Friday. KNOCKING on wood.
Hotter than hades here and you sweat just going outside. I NEED some cool down.

OK- I need some chill time too!!!!
  #884   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-21, 04:16

BF:

Good Morning!

Up early and not because of Gabby as she was outside. I woke up and my left hip was bothering me. I just couldn't get comfortable. Not sure what that's about, but it's kind of a chronic condition. I actually think it's from too much sitting yesterday. I'm betting it will feel better after walking the golf course today. My friend's plans have changed for the week and she's going to play with me tomorrow & Thursday, so no solo golf this week. Today starts a 6 day in a row stretch of playing.

I baked a fresh shortcake already this morning and will spruce the place up a bit when I get home this afternoon. I decided not to do my cleaning yesterday as DH needs only to walk thru and it looks like I never did anything. He made it thru his procedure yesterday ok. He'll find out results next Monday during a phone call from his Doc.

That's it from here. I have a bit of time before getting ready. Have a day!
  #885   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-21, 05:36

BF:

Lori glad your DH got thru procedure good and done deal.....fingers crossed for all great results!!

Hurricane DH! I hear you cause it seems alot of my life is walking thru the house and I just put stuff away over and over and pick up stuff and fling it somewhere, cause I know it doesn't belong there

Sorry on your hip area. Walk it out on the course, ya know, the body says move and we might sit too much and it shows us I do better moving than being a lump also!

Jazz glad you and Rugar are figuring it all out. I tell ya the pee with the boys is a PIA to the ultimate. Smart to get him trained into an area for control. They love to lift that leg HAHA

5 lbs. WOW, you rock it out. Keep on going, this is your time to shine...new apt, new pooch, new job, new area to explore. You got this!

Nicco....your bug situation is whack

No, mom is not that bad at all....but she doesn't remember the pills and what they are for, so living her alone isn't doable any more and her power/energy levels are dropping where cooking something, even her microwave is easier not to do then do it....so we can't trust she will eat well by herself kinda thing. But she is doing extremely well so far thru it all.

Very cool on NYC....give us a fun time report when ya get back!

------------All good
mom here, all fine

hubby working today

I got pool to vacuum and go to pharmacy for dog's drugs, ugh, cause need resupply before we leave on beach trip.

hit grocery for some fancy cake crap for mom, she got the sweet tooth LOL but weighs like 100 lbs soaking wet, at 93 you can eat all the crap ya want, who cares at this point

got a Tbone steak for later. then who knows. food is not a big draw right now for me.....which is always a good thing!!!

over and out and be good everyone