Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 18:22

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post any info on taurine??????

Does anyone have any information on taurine??? I heard that it can help with water retention and boost energy, I have thought of trying it but would like some input! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 14:40

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Lissette..

Dr Atkins used Taurine extensively as the substance of choice in getting people off their prescription diuretics...several grams at a time. He mentioned it quite frequently in Atkins Vita-Nutrient Solution. He also mentions several other nutrients to help eliminate fluids (and possibly gain more energy as a result). You might find a copy and check out the alternative therapies he used for many different problems.

I was on HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide), a prescription diuretic, for a number of years until, with the help of Atkins' suggestions, I was able to wean myself off, using taurine....B6...and a number of herbs in tablet form. I had to work up to three grams (3,000 mg) taurine.....100 mg P-5-P (bioactive B6).......but it was worth it.

#3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-15-04, 14:58

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%