Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 02:51

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default LC Our Way #3

Good Morning!

I've started our new thread...per Doreen's request. Here we go!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 03:13

BF:

Hi again....

Up early to get ready to go play golf....am I crazy?? I mean this is WAY early for golf. Plus, it rained overnight again...time to break out the water proof shoes, I guess. It'll be fun, right? Hello?

Yes, I quit the part-time gig. It had gotten to the point where I just dreaded going. Who needs that? To be honest, I was trying to come up with a way out for the past few months. Finally just had to up and do it. My sister's upcoming procedure was the push I needed. I think they may have backed down on giving me the time off, but not worth the hassle to me. They just hired a new girl for the CSS position a couple weeks ago, so they are already beginning training on someone who can easily take my place. I was floating on air all day yesterday knowing I never have to go back there. YAY!

Blue....wow....mid September for a list date and you have to put on a new roof? Things are really getting going now! I know my sister did a lot of improvements before listing her house including new windows. The realtor is right....it will be worth it in the end, but an added stress for you now. Take a deep breath!

Trig...what's the verdict on the boat? Did DH come home with one? Let me add my kudos for the quitting smoking. That is so awesome. A few added pounds seem to be inevitable with that, but you will get them off pronto!

Jaz...I'm right there with you with the eating too much. I've always been a volume eater. I'm trying to eat what I want, just cut back on how much....not easy! I have my favorites and have been trying to eat just half of my "normal" portion. I'm not getting on the scale until Wednesday the 1st....you may all hear the scream when I step on!

Nic...wedding time is sneaking up on you, but it is going to be fabulous! Exciting and nerve wracking, but it will be a great day, I know it!

Thinking of KMom and her trip.....hope she is having the best time.

Ok...more coffee for me and then I'm off for the golf course. This course is about a 45 minute drive. I'm going to one of my friend's house to join a carpool, so I don't have to drive. One of the girls has a big SUV and we can pile lots of clubs in the back for the trip. She's usually our driver since her vehicle is so accommodating. We always try to give her some gas $$, but she never wants to take it.

I'm out.......have a great day!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 04:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

WOOHOO thanks Lori for starting the new thread!!

Nicco you are so right. the hubby wore me down. ALL I hear is boat boat boat and at this point, omgosh shut the heck up ya know HAHA Leave me out of it please

So glad you are way less stressed and they are staying with your S/BIL. That takes a load off you for sure. Sometimes that one simple thing just makes a monster huge diff. Glad it is working out well for you.

I would be cool when you get alterations for your dress to email all of us so we can see it on ya before the wedding! yes just curious and want to see LOL

Yea kid hated the smoking. She was a verbal PIA on it and I am so glad I don't have to hear that crap anymore But nowadays they literally shove how bad it is to smoke down their throats so I AM happy about that. Luckily she won't ever pick one up!

Never heard of cutting power by 50%. 25 a day saved is fab but how does it work? You personally use less power on those days or ?? No idea on that one.

Blue I missed about your dog---AHHH--14 isn't too old but it isn't a spring chicken either I hope everything steadys up and calms down. Do 2 walks, one smaller walk the dog can finish, leave the dog at home and finish off another walk. Sometimes carrying a dog is not good for any spinal situations either......or do like us......I bought a dog stroller for Bolt. He is an 11lber so super small and fits good, but when at Key West he died in that heat...one step from heat stroke. In fact we pulled our sightseeing early cause he could not make it. Sounded horrible breathing and I thought, hmm, if we are dragging this dog every darn place, I need to be sure he does not screw us up again like this.....so I bought a dog stroller. Any big sightsee place we go I bring it in case he gets too hot and can't make it. Stick him in and push him along LOL hey I gotta do what I gotta do to not have that muttley ruin some vacays for me.

Glad you got your realtor. New adventure, new designing your new home, new everything is coming your way....so cool. And ya know you did it earlier now than way older when one can not control a home anymore, in that you have time to start a new great life and fall into that routine so easily and hold that new great life til way older and home maintenance and more is not needed. Did that make sense? LOL did I write that out so you get my drift on it...kinda don't know how to write it out what I mean HAHA but you get me

party party party for you social gal monday will come fast so be ready to jump on the bandwagon

Lori, enjoy your wet and mushy golf day
You do sound so happy you quit. A job is a job is a job and at some point, knowing you are truly retired, you can SO walk away and smile while doing it!!
It will be so fun to see what new part time adventure comes your way later. I know you can't sit still too long and when your main golf is over and your sis is in good form, hmm, bet you might look again for a small part time job. One problem is they do come to depend on you. That is when it gets hard. I already told hubby any job he gets from Jan. to June will have to be a quit situation cause thru summer and fall which is hunt time and into the holidays he will need off to travel and more. It will be get a job for 6 months and know you are quitting, come next Jan. get another job for 6 and quit LOL Will be interesting come this Jan. to see what goes down for him.

Hey all
So I am ticked.
I am hungry. Yup. The MINUTE you say I have to cut back, firm up food choices etc I go into starve mode
It is ok....I will adapt. I am so familiar with what has to be done Using my measure cup for 1/4 cup cheese only and using my kitchen scale. oh the memories of weight loss mode....they stink HAHA

cloudy, hope it burns off, want to swim. pool sparkling.
have this and that to do of course as we all do, house crap.
easy day for me cause I am going to make it a super easy day for me LOL

food is tuna, measured out mayo instead of slapping it in there and dinner I am doing grilled shrimp and a small side of some chunk garden cheddar cheese and salami slices. All counted for and controlled.

someone help me please HAHA I hate doing it but it has to be done!! I stepped on the scale yesterday. I was not thrilled one bit but I have weight loss mode in my mind and starting full speed so I know I can bring that number down. When I hit 5 lbs gone I will tell ya'll

great day everyone
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 08:41

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OMG are we one yet a NEW thread???!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I hear NIC in my head from the last one- NEW BEGINNINGS- and if you all remember it correlated to the start of school!

Cheers to NEW BEGINNINGS! A NEW YEAR!

Blue- I love the fact you picked the tried and true over young blood for so many reasons! Too many to even list! Good for you! However I will say I totally agree with him that Sept. should be your target date to put it on the market. I will tell you just having gone through a buy, move myself. So say you list it and it sells that week. It still TAKES a GOOD 30 days to close. That puts you and the buyer now into Oct. I will say- MOST people do not to move in the winter if they can help it. They want in and settled before the holidays.
I am speaking from a BUYER perspective. Plus- they need to settle a few months$$$ before the holidays too. It always cost to move. Even if your place were to be move in ready- people still want to hang their own curtains, new rugs ect. Just something to consider.

Dang girl friend- how many people do you know with Birthdays in July/Aug??????? All of St. Paul??????? HAHAHAHAHAH- You are cracking me up!
I too just want to say how much I have come to depend on you and this thread of ladies to get me through those stresses that in the past would have sent me directly to the pizza store. No more. I just come here.I come to vent, celebrate , share vacay, and share life. It truly is amazing!!!!!! really!!!!!!!!

Trig- HAHAHAHA boat, boat, boat. Isn't it so funny what a guy gets something in their head it just don't let it go. Funny he "wore you down"- just get a frekin boat! But I think at the end of the day- you all will have a new toy to play on!!!!!! You can sun yourself and the kiddo will ignore you with her ear buds in and the hubby will be fishing. Perfect family outing!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH

Gal pal- Well Let me speak for me. I HAVE to be ZERO. I saw what happened over one luncheon. Most "normal" people stop after lunch. I was a true CARB hound and just didn't. So yes- the lower the less carbs the better for me. Takes that "WANT and CRAVE" away. I have fallen out of that sweet spot with the carb TASTE. I will and am going to get it back.
I am thinking I need to start measuring too! I wan't the biggest "bang for my buck"- Shrimp, crab, and lobster fits that bill. I do remember that when I lost all that weight before I didn't seem to struggle with dairy like I am now. I just didn't. HUMMMMMMMM

Hold tight- we will get over this tough part- like BLUE said- we need to shrink our tummy's some!

Lori- I am happy for you that you are really free to do what you want. Blue is right though that the Brick and Mortar is going by the wayside. Who has time to go out from store to store and drive, park, and just browse. However, when I do- I already know what I want before I walk in and I am out.
I haven't gotten though to the point of clothes chopping yet on line. I used to- but can't now.
Furniture I too need to sit in. So everything else though can come to my door!
SO great for you to be able to do that! Have your freedom. That has to be a relief.

NIC- I know you are a whirlwind of activity right now. I know when I get that way - I need to pull back- even if it is just for a day, or an evening. I block of time. I have stuff that needs to happen this weekend- but I am just doing it at my pace. I think that might work for you too. You need to break it down in small steps and take care of you!
I can't wait to hear all your adventures regarding the wedding!!!!! Here is where you can decompress!!!!!! We want to hear it too! It really is a benchmark! You got this! Yes you do!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Benchmarks- guess who is off her oxygen!!!!!! Yup!!!! My daughter is throwing her a one year birthday party Aug 18th. Hard to believe that spitfire is a year old. She has overcome some huge hurdles. But the scary ones are over!!!!! She is doing fabulous!

Well- waiting for my new Garmin. I am just MELTING under this oppressive humidity and heat. I wanted to do a bit of weeding in the from yard- not sure if that is going to happen.I want a treadmill. I am just going to do it.
Keep ya posted on that.

Food- I am going to start logging all my stuff into the fitness pal.
Today I am making a big pot go green bean- low LC/Low CAL. And I either will have shrimp OR sausage. I am feeling beyond the can of biscuits.
OH I JUST HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS. So I were dresses and skirts daily to work- shorts and yoga pants on the weekend. So yesterday I pulled out my ONLY pair of jeans for work. They were so tight I was MISERABLE ALL DAY- MISERABLE. I could harding breathe. And my muffin top- pushed the top down so they rolled too. It was over the top- literally. DONE feeling like this.

Today is laundry, school, and budget for Aug. I WILL Get in a walk! So happy today is Sat. I am going to get my work done- so I can maybe watch a movie- and sit outside a bit!
My lawn guy is doing a great job. I need to pick up a box fan to keep the skeeters away. They are really bad here with the humidity.
Just rambling at this point- Have a great day-
Last thing. I really want to thank you all for the commentment you all have to this thread and we have to each other- what we have is so special!

#5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 08:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

New thread!!
Thanks Lori for kicking it off!

Ok, going back to thread 2--

Blue- very glad you have had such nice July weather! We had the opposite for July, intense heat and dry, then a week of endless rain.

From what you described, I think you and DH made the right choice for a realtor. I hope your friend doesn't hold a grudge over her kid not getting the listing. You have to protect your asset and nest egg.

Things are going to be very quick and stressful and difficult for you all now. I know that you and DH will fare well on the other side even if the going through it is rough. Keep dreaming about your new spaces to sustain you- picture the airiness, the light coming in the windows, the lack of clutter, the beautiful feeling of a new fresh start. And yet also honor and acknowledge the grief of leaving your home.

Have fun with all the parties this weekend. CELEBRATE!

Lori- I can totally hear the relief. Yay for you!! I am happy for you. Your time is now your own!

Have fun golfing today. We finally have a beautiful sunny day here- hopefully you do too.

Trig- So the power cycling is by choice, just an optional way to reduce the electric/gas bill. You can opt in, then you can choose what percent of electricity you want cycled. They usually only do it about three days tops per summer and per winter and oddly, we don't even notice it. I just make sure to not run the major appliances during that time period and that seems to be enough.

We have neighbors who have wheeled their dog around in a stroller when he was recovering from knee surgery etc. Makes sense to me!

Totally get that you are chafing from the idea of restriction. Restriction sucks! Soon enough your body will adapt though.

••••••

So I took Jaz's advice and charted things out. I now have the flight info, car rental info and all three lodging's info all on one chart for the Canada trip.

Then I have a separate chart with all the wedding guests that *I* am responsible for with their flight info and lodging info, and DH and I worked out who is picking up/dropping off whom from the airport.

Then I talked with DD and got some idea of what time the rehearsal is, what time the rehearsal dinner is, what time she and her bridesmaids will be at our house on the wedding day, what time who is supposed to be at the church. That helped too. At least it is all laid out and accessible.

So DH was in a car accident yesterday. He is totally fine, albeit sore for sure. It was his fault, but what can you do. Things happen. No one was hurt and that is the most important thing. Also, the timing was good in that DS19 is coming home for a long break from college today and there will now be a spare car for DH to use, so we didn't need to rent one or anything like that.

So yesterday I spent a couple of hours with him dealing with that, then I mowed the lawn, got a hair trim and went to the grocery store. We had the best steaks last night and they are on sale for 6.99/lb so I am going to go and stock up.

Today is just a hang out day. Totally have DH believing that DS19 was whining about wanting to go to this restaurant. Then DD called and I told her I had included them in the reservation (on speakerphone) and she said they couldn't go because they are going to be at a graduation party (which is true, and we know the family, except it ends in time for them to go) and so DH was buying ALL of it. So far, so good on the total surprise!!

On plan now for three days straight, go me. On plan today with the exception of birthday cake tonight and back on plan tomorrow. I am feeling better and want to keep that trend going.

Hugs to all!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 09:37

BF:

Jaz get 2 cheap box fans. Put one higher on the head,chest area for direct air and be sure to put one on the ground to cover the leg area believe me it works

yes I have to be 0 carb also. No joke, a few carbs and I go freaking insane. The body responds by instant weight gain. WE who are SO sensitive to carbs has no choice but to be here but I always remember one thing, I feel so freaking great on 0 carb that going back isn't an option ever

SO HAPPY about AVA!!! It is good to see things are progressing well for her and always hoping it keeps doing just that!!

Nicco very cool on that cycling power. Too bad they don't offer that more thru the year, I know I would take advantage of it

SO GLAD that DH is ok....and yes accidents happen, you just always want the small ones

Happy you are more in the zone and feeling better. It is rough when we don't so happy to hear you are coming around now...I know those funks, they are not great, but when ya pull out ya smile big and keep on smiling!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 13:27

BF:

Hello!!

Glad you girls found me! I'm sure Blue will find us later today and KMom when she returns from her adventure.

Golf was fun....some really good shots and some unbelievably bad ones. A very nice day and the course we played did not have much water trouble at all. Hard to believe, but our course is open for the "high 9". Some of the holes are unplayable, but we'll go tomorrow morning and play the ones we can.

Yes, the relief I feel from quitting the part-time gig is immense. I told DH that I didn't realize what a thorn in my side it was until it is gone....ahhh. I wouldn't mind doing retail again, but I would want a small boutique type store....no more huge warehouse stuff for this girl.

Jaz....what model of Garmin did you get? I think my smart watch is on it's way out. I have trouble getting it to hook up to the charger. The terminals just don't seem to connect well anymore. I really don't want to spend $$ if I don't have to, but I really enjoy having one.

Such good news about Ava....made me break into a huge smile. She is a special little girl for sure.

Monday I'm going to begin my new job......"Whip Lori into shape". Walking/running nearly every day and 4 gym sessions a week. I've been doing well with my eating for the past 3 days....hoping to tighten that up even more.

Nic....so glad DH is ok! Scary even if no one is hurt. Yes, sh!t happens....can the car be repaired? Hope the surprise party is a success! Enjoy! I may have missed it, but what is the date of the wedding?

Trig....when I have a hungry day like that, I eat WAY too much cheese. It is my default food when nothing else will suffice. I, too, hate the weighing and measuring. I don't do it all the time, but sometimes I do it just to reign in my portions and give me a dose of reality. Speaking of weighing.....I will be getting on the scale on Wednesday morning. The day of reckoning! I have August & September to get some poundage off before going on a cruise ship for 2 weeks.....heaven help me!

Currently enjoying a cup of my cold brew iced coffee with heavy cream...yummo. We thought about going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, but neither DH or I want to go out tonight....we'll find something to eat....OMG....DH just asked me if I wanted him to go get me some ice cream. I said "No!" He said.....are you sure....I'll get your favorite flavor. ARGHHH....I'm holding strong....NO!!! Ben & Jerry are part of the cause of this roll around my middle!

Bye!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 03:19

BF:

Lori ya had me laughing on that one....new job is 'whip Lori into shape'

Your cheese can be my pepperoni. I keep it for kiddo and when I want to graze I grab it and those kcals add up super fast on it tho. I am now avoiding any type of grazing. I just go hungry now and do anything, anything else to keep busy and get mind off grazing thru the day!

Ice cream. Yikes. That is an all time killer fav of mine. I can't even do a spoonful of what I love cause I would inhale every single scoop in a carton. I don't like a lot of ice creams but the few I love, can't go near them ever again. I know me, there would be no control. Thankfully they all eat ice cream I won't touch, like hubby loves black cherry vanilla. Bleck. Kid loves strawberry, yuk. So I am kinda safe so far on that one

hey all
5am here. cloudy as heck. have to check weather on what kind of day it is going to be. if nice will swim a bunch.
vacuum time for the house, bleck.
dog hair seems around and I can't take it anymore so will fire up that thing sooner than later, no matter who is still sleeping when I need to clean I need to get it done asap on my time schedule which is very early AM for everything I do LOL tough nuggies on them.

So I am learning my weights again.
I weighed my 8 medium shrimp on my kitchen scale.
2.2 oz.
2 oz of shrimp is like 56-60 kcals
I used 1 tablespoon of cocktail sauce. 1/4 cup is 60 kcals and 10g carbs. There are 4 tablespoons in a 1/4 cup....so that is 15 kcals and 2.5 carbs.

OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!! I can not believe I am doing this again to this level. As I was measuring all this stuff and doing calcs in my mind I thought....holy cow I am back here again----but it is what it is and what it will take for me.

needless to say I did well yesterday. Now I better be seeing some good on that scale sooner than later LOL

everyone have a great day!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 05:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Just a quickie before I head to the golf course. It is chilly this morning! I may have to wear a jacket this morning, but at least the sun is shining brightly.

Trig...I eat pepperoni too. My favorite breakfast is 4 squares of Swiss cheese with a slice of pepperoni on each one. I microwave for 15 seconds, just enough to soften the cheese a bit....yum. Now my squares of Swiss cheese are thick, not sandwich slices. I slice about 2-3 ounces off a block and cut that into squares. I'm addicted!

I am trying to log my food on My Fitness Pal again. I know I am not being perfect with that, but close enough. I cannot drive myself too crazy with it or I will rebel and say the he!! with it all!

Jaz...loved the pictures of the kids! More wonderful news about Ava being off the oxygen! Nearly a year old already?? WOW....never would have thought that. Time really does fly!

Time to finish my coffee and then get ready for golf. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 08:46

BF:

When is Kmom due back, anyway? Seems like she's been gone a week at least?

Lori- Go you with "Whip Lori into shape!" I will watch and clap. Have fun at the golf course today- glad the upper nine worked out well yesterday.

Trig- Wait, what? Did you have 8 medium shrimp and 1 TB cocktail sauce for a WHOLE MEAL? Like, that was it? Girl. That is not enough!

Blue- Hope you are enjoying your parties and fun.
Jaz- LOVE the pix you sent. Such cuties! And so glad Ava is now O2 free. That is HUGE news.

•••••••

Well, we pulled it off!! I was so happy. Our family worked really well together, even when things looked a little challenging. My goal was to get ready to go out to dinner and then when it was nearing time to leave, tell Dh the dogs need to be fed, and then let out. Well, can you believe he FED them? He almost never does that without harassment. I was like WTH!!! And then he let them out! So I texted the boys and I was like "Help! Dad ruined the delay plan! We need a plan B!" So they came up with two completely believable scenarios- DS16 waited until we were getting ready to leave and then said WAIT! I have to brush my teeth! (believable!) and DS19 went into the bathroom.. and stayed there (also believable.) DH and I were sort of wandering around outside waiting for them, complaining about how ridiculous it is that they can never be ready for anything on time.

Then, we are driving to the restaurant and I am going pretty darn slow (like, the speed limit which in our area is dangerous. lol) Right when we get super close to the restaurant, my DD calls me. It rings in the car bluetooth speakerphone, and so I have no choice but to hang up on the call. Luckily I thought fast and I said "What the heck? She literally just left our house two hours ago. I bet she decided to come and mooch on a free meal. DS19, text her and see what she wants. I'm too aggravated." So he is texting her and I am freaking out because we are ONE left turn light away from being at the restaurant and he communicates to me that they (DD and Fi) haven't set up the decorations yet- they are a few minutes away. Well, nothing to do about that, I cannot do anything else this close to the restaurant. So (luckily) we have a long light to sit through, and then we have to wait on a number of cars to make our turn, and I am POKING along. I park at the far end of the lot, saying that I want the car in the shade (and ribbing DH that he needs to walk anyway! lol)

We get out of the car (the boys do so SLOOOOWLY) and we start walking and all of the sudden they TACKLE DH in the parking lot. I am freaking out a little bit because DH is still sore from the car accident yesterday and I have no idea what they are doing. So they run around for a minute with me sort of confused and shrieking. Then we go slowly into the restaurant. We get to the room and IT WAS AWESOME!! Apparently the boys had seen DD and Fi arriving with all the balloons and tackled DH to distract him. That gave her time to literally RUN into the room and throw the stuff (with the others helping) on to the table. When we walked in, he was TOTALLY surprised, had NO CLUE and EVERYONE was there and yelled SURPRISE! I was giddy with happiness at having pulled it off and having his whole family there to celebrate his birthday. My SIL got him a great cake and it was just marvelous. Good food, good company, big bill, totally worth it for a great 50th birthday surprise.

I'll send an email with a couple of pix and the video if I can figure it out.

I had lamb lollipops, a little of the mashed potatoes, cake and two whiskey sours. BTW I am such a freaking lightweight drinker. Not even 3/4 through one and my eyes were crossing. DD was our Designated Driver.

Back on track today. Even though I knew I would be off plan for dinner I was otherwise on plan yesterday and back on today. We leave Wed for Canada.

HAPPY!!!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 10:09

BF:

HELLLLLOOOOO Ladies!!!!!

I slept in until 10:15. I am having my first cup of coffee and all is super quite here. NO chaos. Thanks again Lori- for starting us "BRAND NEW"- Trust me Blue will find her way here, this ain't her first rodeo!!!!!! She is too busy partying this weekend! Trust me day of reckoning MONDAY is around the corner! HAHAHAHAHHAH

Lori- You do sound so LIGHT in your post. You know when we have stress we deal with it. Then when it is gone- it is amazing how heavy it was.
So I started with the Garmin Charge 2- it was defective. So they are sending a me a Garmin Sport! I can't wait to get it.
I know you go to the gym. I am so torn between going to the gym- and buying a treadmill- more on that.
Awesome for you to turn down ICE CREAM! We are at NEW BEGINNINGS here.
You know you are so social you might MIGHT MAYBE want to do something next spring after you get some down time behind your belt. You could alway volunteer to do something. That is less stressful I think. Just a thought.

NIC- I am so glad you are feeling more organized. Nothing like feeling out of control because you don't have a process down. Regardless of what it is. It boils down to PROCESS. We are creatures of habit and need some structure to feel safe and in control. I am a list person to the max. I write everything down. Old school style- pen and paper. I keep notepads. That way I can go back and refer to something. I also use stickie notes for grocery lists, and do not forgets. YUP pen and paper.
WOW oh WOW do you have a lot planned AND sorted out!
So was the Canada trip a just what the heck lets go to Canada? Did you know it was going to bump into the wedding. Which by the way I just can't believe it is so around the corner!

Blue- You party animal you! Again I am so happy your are in the hands of an experienced great Realtor! Take his advice!
I KNOW you will be happy when all this is over! It is now jumping to warp speed. If it is possible to just look at each thing as a task and not stick a "I am losing......"- but rather a I need to get this done so that the husband and I can get to goal.
We are on a new thread= new beginning!

TRIG- I am going to get box fans today. Even during the sunlight I seem to have the skeeters hovering by my back door. On the other side of my fence is a retention pond. = standing water. I think had I know that I would have taken a pass on this house.
I love my house- don't get me wrong, but I hear the bull and tree frogs nightly, have had a deal with a turtle, and those dam skeeters. So I sure hope this box fan thing works.

So when is your next outing with the NEW BOAT??????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- You know that's right!!!! HAHAHAH- better start packing now. So my question- if you have a boat and a camper- how do you haul both? You need separate trucks- two vehicles?
I am not yet to the measuring. I am going to try My Fitness Pal. I have found that useful. But it to can be a pain to log EVERYTHING. And to be honest it is astounding just how FAST every little thing piles up so fast! Maybe that is why I have stalled. TOO much of a good thing! Hate feeling hungry!
Then I start thinking about all the things I CAN'T have. So it is that delicate balance.
Any change up in your WOE?
----------------------------------------------
Can't believe I slept in until 10:15. then the pup decided she had enough of the human not meeting her needs! Now she is sound asleep on the couch in "her" blankets. Funny that dogs are supposed to come from the wolf- but they like to cuddle and soft blankets.

I am getting out and about to get the car washed, pick up some odd and ends I forgot the FIRST time at the store! Ya- where was that stickie note, gas up the car, ect.

I am so torn between a Treadmill and a gym membership. It just seems like such a hassle to order one off line- I want it assembled- and set up. Vs- going to a dirty- time consuming gym! Well when I wrote that out it seems clear!

Chicken Ceasar salad tonight. Going to grill up two pieces of chicken so I can have leftovers for tomorrow. I hate cooking on Mondays.
When the office moves in Oct. I am going to have to start using that crock pot/ Ipot more. I will have a hour +++ drive each way everyday.

Started my "new" plan to eat less yesterday. EPIC failure. I put myself on restriction and had a mind battle all day until I polished off half a chicken. SIGHHHHHHHHHH-
New day-
I have eggs on the stove for some hard boiled eggs to add to my salad. AND are you ready for this- BLUE- YOU THERE????? I found GREEN GODDESS DRESSING. So I will add that to my salad tonight not Ceaser dressing. I actually can't wait! It's a low carb/ Low cal dressing - "new" HAHAHAH- by Boathouse. I also picked up a ranch siracha dressing. It was 2 for 5. I need more salad. I just do. If I can't have the 16 oz steak like TRIG is finding out- then romaine it is, with a great dressing.

I will get my errands done and then start writing for next weeks post. Got a "big" paper NEXT week I want to get a jump on. I am totally bored with the subject matter which makes it hard. QI process. SLEEPER...........

A 20 minute walk on tap- and I want held accountable.
Last night I decided I wanted to re-visit Dexter. OMG I loved that series. My "dark" side can play out on the screen. There are 6 seasons. I am starting back to 1. It has been a few years- so all good. Sometimes good stuff I can watch twice.
I have watched Pretty Woman over 10+ times.......sigh.... Still waiting for my Richard Gere to climb up the ladder to fetch me away in a white limo and live happy ever after. But seeing as I am to dam tired to get through writing a paper or stay awake long enough to finish a show, I doubt that is on my horizon any time soon. I let my account for on-line dating expire. Oh well-

Have a great day all!!!!! New adventures await-
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 10:13

BF:

Cross posted NIC- I LOVE your surprise party for DH. Such fabulous detail it was like I was there. I could just feel the drama and excitement!
So glad it worked out- nail biting!!!!!!!!! HAHAH
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 16:13

BF:

Nicco I loved the email and the video Looks like a great fun time was had by all!! Crazy on what it took to pull it off as a total surprise but you guys did it!

I want the lamb lollipops and whiskey sours please!!

No, not just 8 shrimp, I had that with 1 lb of crab legs. Limited butter which made me mad but I sparingly used it on my crab meat so I kept it to 150 kcals of butter...used 1 pat and 1/2 which believe me is like nothing to this old gal but hey I have to control kcals now. So it is like 525 kcals for a lb. of snow crab legs, add in 150 kcals in butter and I still do good, and I was still hungry so I grabbed 8 shrimp and calorie counted those suckers to keep me like under 100 kcals for my 'additional food' for that meal. I woke up hungry also this morning LOL

Jaz what is green goddess? never heard of it...but then again I like SO little in salad dressings and never experiment in the old days.

Do you use the citronella candles or torches? Those might help but I can't stand the smell but hubby loves that 'electronic' skeeter bug machine you attach to your belt loop...he swears it works. The fans will help definitely, but let me know how they do for you.

It is super amazing how fast kcals and carbs add up and when I am now putting things on the kitchen scale for ounces on meats etc....wow I tell ya it is very little in reality when you are keeping calories down to like 1000-1200. That is what it takes for me to lose. I have to be low in kcals to drop lbs. Simple as that for me. So right now I am doing just that.

I might have to jump on some broth tonight, it is 6, done eating for the day and thinking of food LOL broth will do it for me if I hold off to drink it around 9 I should be good to go for the night. never easy at all!!

todays food changed up
I hit my little smokehouse store. Big chunk of brisket. I pulled off --maybe 8 oz. big old chunk and woofed it down---BEFORE I weighed the darn thing on my scale...no clue on calories for it darn it. I saw it, was hungry this AM and woofed it fast. OMG SO GOOD!

then I had 20 cold peel eat shrimp and 2 tablespoons of cocktail sauce....160 or so plus 30 for cocktails sauce and I know 6 carbs in that but doesn't effect me.

Then I snatched a few bites of hubby's ribeye he made at dinner time. I decided to stop eating and go low on kcals today and just starve a bit if needed.

hey again I have to go into low food mode, I might as well just get it done and over and put myself into this weight loss mode situation and go for it and rant/vent about it also HAHA

so maybe like 25-30 in big broth cup tonight if needed

slamming down tons of water also

so that sums it up for me today....mind on brisket in fridge but in early AM I will chunk off a big hunk, weigh it, look up kcals in that amt of ounces and see where that puts me.

meat and ounces etc is a pain to check. not like I can read a package and know instantly, always got to look up this stuff.

bye all
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 19:56

BF:

Man Trig, I gotta say I was hungry reading about your day. I know what you are doing and why, totally support you in it but dang that is not easy.

My food today (to keep you company) was a coffee with cream and stevia, then at noon four pieces of bacon, and at 5:30 one and a half burger patties with American cheese, half a small tomato, a little bit of lettuce, mayo, yellow mustard and a bit of low sugar ketchup. I was damn hungry by 5:30!

Glad you slept in, Jaz. You really needed to. Did you get your walk in? How about your paper?

The Canada trip-- I guess it is the only summer vacation that wasn't linked to something else. The Chicago trip was DH work, the NYC two nighter (which was great) was his Bday trip. This is full on explore/travel/summer vacation trip. It is fairly close to the wedding but there is three weeks until the stuff hits the fan when I get back. But then it will hit HARD!

DD has it well under control. She just sent me a link today with her spreadsheet of when additional payments are due, what needs to be done etc. I have very little planned for those remaining three weeks except what she needs of me.

Called Verizon to figure out cell phone stuff today, booked the Portland hotel (that had slipped through the cracks.) Tomorrow I'll call the CC company to clear the location, go to the safety deposit box and bank and start to tie up any other loose ends. Tuesday is check in for the flight and pack! I've also gone over driving rules for Canada and written down some basic French we might need to know. Getting close!

Still a lot of planning to do for actual days/activities. Watching the weather to use that as a guide.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-29-18, 20:24

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hey gals,

Real quick one for me tonight. So much I want to say to all your posts but I am pooped out from partying. B'day party last night, B'day brunch this morning, B'day party tonight. Just got home.

Let me just say this. I am actually sick of food, and particularly sick of naughty food and how it's making me feel. Trig, I am actually envying you that you've started. Starting is the hardest, then the mojo starts to grow and your stomach shrinks. Will be joining you tomorrow but not at 1200 a day. Thinking I'll start at 1500 AND stay at 25 to 30 NCs a day. That will be a vast improvement from what I've been up to.

I know I will feel differently in the morning, will probably wake up hungry as a dog, what w/my stomach all stretched out, so I'm making it a point to write how I feel right now, and then I can read it tomorrow when I need to.

I feel bloaty, too full, chubby and low energy. Really seeing and feeling it in my clothing now. May not love getting back on the wagon, may feel hungry, may feel restricted, but at least I won't feel like this!

Back tomorrow with personals, and hopefully a new start back on the woe.
Closed Thread