Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 12:43

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 286/207/115 Female 5' 0"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Exclamation Bowl Muffin Condensed Document

Update: Bowl Muffins, recipe and condensed list of variations (as of #331 / 01/16/06)

Whew! Over 140 new posts to condense in this new version!

Good news and bad news: the good news is I have made updates as of post #331... the bad news is that now the document is so large that it won't fit into one post in my journal. At first I thought I would split it into three or more new posts in my journal but decided against that. It takes soooooo much time already to do this that I just can't spend the added, ever growing, time needed to continually split the document (and deal with format issues), in order to post it into my journal, as new additons are made.
So... I am going to attach (or try to attach... I haven't done this before) my original word document to this thread so that anyone who wants to look at or print the document can do so. (It has been scanned with Norton AntiVirus.) If you can't access the file or can't deal with a Word document, let me know and I will try something else as a solution. Any thoughts?

Oops... just tried... file is too large for upload so I will split the Word document into four files... here we go again...

O.K... just split the file into 4 files. If you want to download the files, you can merge them back together and save as one document... if you do this, the bookmarks on the first page will work so that you can quickly jump to the location of the different variations.
If anyone has any problems, please let me know.... maybe I'll get this all set up sooner or later.

Phyllis

P.S. Well, these four files are now using a third of my alloted upload space. That isn't going to work for me. Perhaps I can start another thread of the condensed document and then put in a link to it. Any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Bowl Muffins-1 (1-10).doc (90.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: doc Bowl Muffins-2 (11-20).doc (75.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: doc Bowl Muffins-3 (21-30.doc (70.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: doc Bowl Muffins-4 (31-40).doc (55.5 KB, 62 views)
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 15:17
~strange as angels~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

Make a website and post the recipes?
  #333   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 02:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Zip them (where-ever they end up) so they take up a lot less space?
  #334   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 07:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderdust
Make a website and post the recipes?

A thought for the future... At the moment I don't have a site set up and don't see having the time to do so any time in the near future... but... I've always wanted to set one up so that I can list or link to recipes.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Phyllis
  #335   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 07:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Zip them (where-ever they end up) so they take up a lot less space?

Why didn't I think of that!!!???

For now I'll leave them as they are since I have the room available at the moment. As they are now, anyone can view them and those that have Word (I guess there are those that don't) can download and utilize the bookmark capability.

Thank you IslandGirl! I can't believe I didn't think of zip'ing!

Phyllis
  #336   ^
Old Sun, Feb-26-06, 20:17
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I just made this with the carbquik, but I added a little vanilla, a dash of nutmeg, and dusted the finished "muffin" with some erythritol. Powdered doughnut!
  #337   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 06:22

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 168/140/130 Female 5"9"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default allergic to almonds!

Hey there! I have noticed that LOTS of LC recipes call for Almond flour, or almonds in some sort, but.. I am allergic to almonds! Oddly enough, the only nuts I am NOT allergic to are peanuts and cashews! Any suggestions on nut substitutions or something like Almond Flour that I could use in place of the flour?
Thanks for the advice!!!
Tracy
  #338   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 07:16
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:

Quote:
I am allergic to almonds! Oddly enough, the only nuts I am NOT allergic to are peanuts and cashews!

That's not odd at all. Peanuts and cashews aren't really nuts, they are legumes like beans.

Can you handle soy? Many recipies use soy flour instead. There are numerous bake mixes on the market, and many recipies can use designer whey or other protien powder as the "flour". Having an allergy shouldn't halt your enjoyment of foods, just requires more creativity and experimentation until you find recipies you like and can work with.
  #339   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 16:13

BF:

Well that is fascinating! I can't believe no one pointed that out to me before! Thanks for the advice, I can handle soy flour and Carbquick, so I'll try that!
  #340   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 21:08

Plan: high fat atkins
Stats: 250/184/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Made a good "french toast".

2 eggs
about 1/2 cup of LC white bread mix.
some SF vanilla syrup
some SF maple syrup
cinnamon to taste
water to thin to cake batter consistancy

Nuke for 2 minutes. Remove from bowl. Cut into 4 thick slices and grill in frypan with pan spray or butter until golden. Top with butter and SF maple syrup.

Sorry I never measure. You just have to eyeball this. Valerie
  #341   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 07:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/140/135 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jumping on the Bowl muffin bandwagon here. I ordered Carbquick from Netrition.com because of this thread. Got my order yesterday and immediately made a bowl muffin:

1/4 C CQ
1/4 C SF DaVinci Vanilla
2T Cocoa
1 egg
sprinkled 1 T of SF chocolate chips on top
Nuked for 2 min (I have a lower power microwave)

AWESOME!!!!

Think I'm going to ditch the baking cocoa and use SF Chocolate syrup. Will probably also ditch the SF chocolate chips since they have so many sugar alcohols in them.

Anyway - lovely concept - thank you very much!!!
  #342   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 20:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/208/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Talking new idea?

Haven't been here for a while.

I wondered if you'd like to know what I discovered while making dog treats. I took the bowl muffin recipe and used ground dog food for the flour mixture.
But I added some oil cause the puppy needs fats. And i didn't use any flavor syrup. Then I dropped small gobs on a pizza stone and microwaved it for three minutes. I turned them over and nuked them two more minutes. They were crispy. Oh my goodness, so I quickly made a batch with bran flour mix and walnut pieces. vanilla flavoring , no syrup. Nuked them like dog treats and voila! cookies. Oh yeah. A whole day supply, really good with coffee and tea.

1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/3 stick butter, melted
4 T. or more splenda
1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg
mix well,
add 3 heaping spoons of flour substitute or enough to make cookie dough texture. It doesn't have to be a pizza stone but what else ya gonna do with that thing you bought at your friend's pampered chef party. And it fits better in the microwave than a cookie sheet.
Maggie, last day in florida.going north tomorrow.
  #343   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 09:13

Plan: restrt Atkns 2/10/05 ~218
Stats: 230/186/120 Female 65 inches
BF:don't/rub/itin
Progress: 40%
Default Printed your cookie recipe double-quick...

...and can't wait to try it!

Coupla days ago, I made a straightforward bowl muffin using 1/2 Minicarb biscuit mix and 1/2 Honeyville Grains corn bran (0 carbs!), water instead of syrup, to make cornbread. Toasted it to dry it a little, slathered it with butter, and I gotta say, it turned out great. Next time, I'll put a bit of Splenda in it, just because I'm used to slightly sweetened corn breads (although my father, Georgia-raised in his formative years, thought sugar in corn bread was a sign that the devil had invaded your kitchen!)

Hey all... what do you think of the sweetened / unsweetened cornbread thing? Weigh in (with your opinion, not your scales, lol).

Cekayak, hope you love the north. And Nancy, have I thanked you lately for this concept?
  #344   ^
Old Wed, Apr-05-06, 11:05
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Cekayak, hope you love the north. And Nancy, have I thanked you lately for this concept?

LOL! I never read this thread any longer since I can't eat wheat or grains. But I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it!
  #345   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 12:45

BF:

Nancy, why can't you eat wheat or grains anymore?
And, while I'm posting.. has anyone tried coconut flour? I'm allergic to Almonds, so almond flour is out, but I thought I'd give coconut flour a try.. as long as it's good!