Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 15:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 191/180/130
BF:
Progress: 18%
Unhappy still on induction and feeling sluggish

Hi...I really want to stick with this, but I am feeling so tired the last few days. I just started taking prenatal vitamins because we are going to start trying in April to get pg. Hopefully those will help in a few days. I want to stay on induction or as close to it as possible for at least a few more weeks in order to get my weight down before getting pg.
On another note...cheese is beginning to make me want to vomit! I never thought I'd feel THAT way about such a sacred food! I'm also getting sick of protein and can't eat in the morning to save my life. I guess it's time to start getting creative. Has anyone else had this problem with food making them nauseus?
The weight is really coming off, so I am motivated to keep it up...just need more energy! Lori
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 17:17
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Feeling sluggish? Additional potassium and a calcium/magnesium supplement might do the trick.

The only times I got nauseas in the mornings was when I was pregnant.

You don't have to eat cheese if you don't want to.

Breakfasts for me have been mostly eggs or tuna, though sometimes I'll have flax-o-meal or Atkins pancakes or something, but then, I'm not on induction.

A very nice recipe called Mock Danish can be found in the recipe section. It uses cream cheese, egg, splenda and can be made in different varieties. I had to give up the chocolate ones though.

Good luck,

Beth
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 18:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 191/180/130
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Thanks Beth!

Thank you Beth!...I appreciate your advice. Do you happen to know if those supplements would be safe for someone trying to get pregant?

I know I don't have to eat cheese, it's just one of the things that initially sold me on Atkin's. I'll see if I can stomach tuna and eggs for breakfast.

I looked at the Mock Danish recipe...sounds good. I just need to find out how many servings there are per danish.

You're from Maine! That's where my husband and I went on our honeymoon. B&B in Freeport for 2 nights, then camping across from Bar Harbor for 3 nights, (the only time we had rain and fog ), then an ocean front cottage for a week in Lubec. The whole thing was heaven . Have you been to W.Quoddy Head St. Park? It is truly a hidden jewel!

Thanks again,
Lori