Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-04-11, 16:09
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 136/129/115 Female 61.5"
BF:26%/22%/21.7%
Progress: 33%

I need to correct my above post - 6WC's one full meal allows you a LOT more fatty meat than I'm used to eating. I was so stuck in the 4 oz. serving mindset that I had to go back and read the book again to learn that they want you to eat 6-8 oz. of meat with all the fat left on. That puts me at 1200-1400 calories per day, which is just right. I've added their Metabosol supplement morning and night and am finally losing again after a prolonged stall. It's formulated to drive stored fat out of the fat cells when it seems to be stuck there (which is definitely the case with me).

Dr. Eades says this on his blog. It explains the diet better than I can:
Quote:
I do protein shakes two or three times per day and one meat meal. With the protein shakes I can control my caloric intake while continuing to get the required protein to maintain lean body mass and prevent a drop off in metabolic rate.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 18:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 176/173/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

I'm starting weeks 3 and 4 today. Lost 6 pounds in the first two weeks. Hopefully eating more won't make me put the pounds back on.

My pants do seem a little less tight.

Steak, small salad, and broccoli for dinner tonight.

I already cooked some sausage for in the morning and HB some eggs to have for tomorrow. Trying to have protein ready when I want it.

Looking forward to these next 2 weeks. I'm not near goal, so will switch back and forth with the shakes after week 4 and see how that does.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 15:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/185/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
Is it possible that this plan is making me bigger? Never mind the scale, but it's been about three days and my pants are awfully tight. I have decided I may need to measure the cream in my shakes carefully but I have not cheated on my meals/shake regimen.
The book is very good, though.

I know this is an older post, but I just finished 5 weeks on the 6-week cure. During the first 2 shake weeks I lost 9 pounds, and then I lost 4 pounds during the next 2 meat weeks. This past week (rotated in another shake week) I lost 2 more pounds, so 15 pounds total so far.

I do not use cream for my shakes, I used coconut milk instead (which is also suggested in the book). Cream has a tendency to bloat or stall me.

I have 50 pounds to lose to get back to 185 (I can't bear to change my profile stats from the 185 I left off at), so I intend to switch weeks back and forth for the next 20-30 pounds or so and then probably go back to Atkins. Truthfully, the meat weeks are very like Atkins induction anyway.

I'm not looking for a magic bullet to take the weight I gained back in the 2 years since my dad died, but I did want a jump start and this gave it to me. And the 185 is my current goal, and then I'll continue on to the 150 my 2 years of ice cream, M&Ms, and other high carb eating derailed.

Last edited by Kharma : Sat, Feb-25-12 at 15:56.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 18:55

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 182/142/125 Female 5'
BF:35.4
Progress: 70%

Hmmm.. I am on Day One of the Cure, and this has been interesting. I've been on Atkins since March of 2011, lost a little over 22 lbs. I'd lost a significant amount of weight prior to that with WW so this slow rate didn't surprise me.however, I am going on the low carb cruise next month, and I'm only 18 lbs from goal, so I decided to try to jumpstart this 60-year-old metabolism, and wondered myself if anyone has had any success at this.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 19:10
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I tried it, but it just didn't work for me. It seems rather hit or miss.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 19:14

It does seem to be awfully specific, as well. I'm not crazy about the menus, and would prefer to be able to pick one from column a, one from column b, etc., but I'm going to give it a shot for a week, and if it gets me losing again, I'll move forward for another week.

Have you done any of the Protein Power diets?
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 20:12
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I did the 6-week cure in 2009 and lost about 5 pounds. That was OK, but not spectacular.

But, i was miserable for the first two weeks. I had terrible insomnia, which is rare for me. I got so tired that I wasn't functioning well at work. I websearched and discovered that milk thistle can cause insomnia. Once I cut out the milk thistle, I immediately could sleep again. A few other people on this board had the same experience.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-12, 20:25

Oh, I'm so glad you mentioned that. I was a little unclear on which supplements are essential, but was going to have some milk thistle tea tonite. Maybe I'll have it in the morning in place of my dearly departed coffee.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-12, 12:39

And apparently, despite not having caffeine, I couln't for the life of me sleep last night. Maybe it's all that protein keeping me awake at night...
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-13, 09:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I don't have anything helpful to add, but I just had an "ah ha" moment. I belch. A lot. It is very annoying. Since starting low carb I have had very little dairy, and I haven't been belching. I had never thought of the connection until I read this post!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-13, 10:32

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thinxhix
I don't have anything helpful to add, but I just had an "ah ha" moment. I belch. A lot. It is very annoying. Since starting low carb I have had very little dairy, and I haven't been belching. I had never thought of the connection until I read this post!

For me, that would be wheat.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-13, 07:00

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/144/120 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 14%

Earlier on in this thread I found a reference to a long thread called "middle aged middle". I can't find that., could anybody link it for me? I've just started the six week diet called this.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-13, 09:29

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Here you go:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=401343

You can also find a lot at the Eades' own forum here:

The-6-Week-Cure-for-the-Middle-Age-Middle-discuss!

Last edited by bike2work : Mon, Jun-17-13 at 09:36.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-13, 09:35

BF:

Thanks! I did search but it came up "nothing found". ty
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jun-18-13, 05:34

BF:

Well I had my first shake today, and feel really sick after it. I hope to god this stuff is going to agree with me, or else I've spent a lot of money for nothing.