Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 09:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285.4/278.2/170 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Frustrated!!!!

I want to add a cartoon to my signature...it is posted at http://groups.msn.com/TuckersTidbit...Photo&PhotoID=2 ...I have permissions set such that anyone can view the album.

I re-sized it in PS7 to 100x72 pixels, image quality is 12, file type .jpg...

I go into Profile/Signature, click the Add Picture button, and type in the URL...I see a redX. When I preview, all I see is the URL.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????????????????

If it's due to "where" it's stored, then where can I go to post images that will allow this type of "thing" to be done (I hope that's clear...I'm not in IT).

Sherry
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 09:32
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi Sherry,

Unfortunately, the database won't automatically open dynamic html addresses .. ie, which have symbols in them such as ?, % or & etc. Instead, these will show as a clickable link, rather than opening instantly. This is for security reasons, as such links can contain malicious code which could threaten our database, as well as cause the viewer's browser to crash or hang.

In addition .. many websites that offer online photo albums don't permit hot-linking to your individual pictures. They'll block the link, even if you have your account set for public viewing. It's best to just provide a text link to the album website so readers can view the pics there.

More information about hot-linking is posted here.

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 11:32

BF:

Thanks for the quick reply, Doreen...

I understand what you're saying, but alot of the other members have images in their signature...when I right-click the images and select Properties, I see a URL for their images...

I was just wondering where would be a good place to post so I can add an image to my sig.

Sherry
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 11:39
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sChild
..I was just wondering where would be a good place to post so I can add an image to my sig.

Does your ISP provide free webspace with your account? YOu could post a photo there and link to it. Or some webservers such as aol or angelfire let you set up a free webpage, and you can link to photos you post there. As I noted above, the link will only work if it does NOT have symbols in the url, such as $, %, ? or &.

hth,

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 11:57

BF:

I'll give it a go...Thanks!

Sherry
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 10:31

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 220/190/120 Female 5ft 5inch.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

I was trying to upload my baby pics in my journal and I could not get it done, so I upload pics in gallery copy the link then paste. So I went back to gallery to erase pic by blocking image now my journal I am not accessing neither the gallery with pics,
WHAT DO I DO?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 14:44
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I just upload my pics to Photobucket, or any similar image-hosting site that gives you forum links for your pics. Then I just copy that link and paste it in my journal.

The forum link will be the one that starts with [IMG] and ends with [/IMG].

If you delete your pic from the image hosting site, or change its location by moving it to an "album," it usually disappears from your journal.

You may want to resize your photos on your image-hosting site you use, before putting them in my journal. Most have simple ways of doing this. I usually make mine 400 x 600.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 21:54

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 220/190/120 Female 5ft 5inch.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Kisal

Thank you so much for responding, but here is my problem

Because I click on blocking image that I had uploaded in gallery, I cannot see the pics in the gallery anymore.

I am not seeing the word journal after signing in to click on and go to my journal.

Everyone who writes in my journal, I can see the notes but if I chose to respond the listing which would be journal, edit, gallery and so on which would be at the bottom of their blog to me is not there.

In other words I can no longer access the forum as I use to, all because I chose to block an image that I uploaded in journal.

What am I suppose to do.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 22:50
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I'm not clear exactly what you clicked on to block the images. If it was the little Show Images box in the Edit Options section of your CP, go there and re-click it. Then you should be able to see images again when you view the site. That's how it works for me, anyway. I think the "show images" control only changes what you can see on the site. It doesn't change anything for anyone else's view of the images you've posted. You're the only one who won't be able to see it. Everyone else still can, unless they, too, have set their options not to display images.

If you did something to the settings of your computer in an effort to block images, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to help you undo it.

If there's a pic in your gallery that you don't want anyone else to see, you can remove it. Just click on the image you want to remove, then click on Image Tools over in the right hand corner of your gallery. Select the first item, "Edit," on the drop-down menu. The page that comes up should have a little box to click that says Delete.

If the pic you don't want anyone to see is in your journal, you'll have to go to your User CP, select Edit Options, then Show Images. Then go to your journal and find the image you want to remove, click on Edit, then highlight and delete the code for the image. If that's the only text in the box, you'll have to enter something else. Lot's of people just use "Nevermind" or something similar.

Or am I not understanding what it is you want to do?

Last edited by Kisal : Thu, May-20-10 at 23:01.