Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-16, 09:58
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

JAKZ1269... I was heavier than you.In 1996 I went from 320 down to 130. You can do it too. ADDED to this information is the more important revolations that when living on VLC for a very long time, there are stalls and plateaus.. for ages we acepted theis without the current news... the fat burning burning hormones are depleted and need to be set in gear again. We used to call that shaking things up... well, that is right! So stick with your plans and get healthy. You CAN AND WILL get to goal. AND the scale is not evil LOL.. it is a tool
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 13:45

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

I think this is the best post here. It helps with motivation, and sanity. Probably why it's been around so long.
  #138   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 15:20
Registered Member

BF:

THANK YOU! I have others that I post to the TEAM who are the best!
  #139   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 17:42

Plan: <30 total carbs
Stats: 216/183/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 41%

I just read this thread and it's been very helpful to me. I'm almost at week 4 of Atkins and was discouraged this week that my weight loss slowed to .4 ounce since I haven't gone off plan at all and was around 20 carbs/day! I had decided to weigh once weekly so I wouldn't get discouraged by daily fluctuations, but I realize now that even that once a week number may not tell the whole story! Thanks for posting, and I will keep this information in mind as I continue with Atkins.
  #140   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-16, 19:09
Registered Member

BF:

Phoenix31... the scale is a tool. USE IT. weigh daily as ATKINS recommends and learn how your body trends. The original plans work well.Not so much the new high carb ones.There is a lot to learn about the plan to get the best results. Good luck.
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-16, 13:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/143/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Somewhere around these parts there is a Non Scale Victories thread. I am forumnally challenged and can't seem to find it, but the scale isn't the end all be all when it comes to weight loss, AT ALL. Someone once said here (paraphrasing) "Why should I obsess over a measure of how Gravity perceives my body." I love that phrase and every time my scale doesn't cooperate, I repeat it as my mantra!
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-16, 18:59
Registered Member

BF:

the scale is a tool.nothing more nothing less. Ignorance is not bliss and education is knowledge adn that is POWER. I prefer to KNOW what is happening in my body and the reasons.Thank heavens most also want to know
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-16, 14:04
Registered Member

BF:

bumping this so it stays on my subscription list
  #144   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-16, 14:36
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket56
bumping this so it stays on my subscription list

The best way to subscribe to any thread is to click the "Thread Tools" tab along the top right of the first post, then choose "Subscribe to This Thread"

Please don't "bump" threads, unless there's a specific comment or question regarding the topic. Bumping artificially moves an inactive thread to the top, and displaces newer threads further down the list. It's considered bad netiquette, just as typing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting.

There's an index to all topics posted here in the Best Of section. It's stuck at the top of the threads list, so any topic of interest can be found quickly and easily.

#145   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-16, 16:08
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
The best way to subscribe to any thread is to click the "Thread Tools" tab along the top right of the thread, then choose "Subscribe to This Thread"

Please don't "bump" threads, unless there's a specific comment or question regarding the topic. Bumping artificially moves an inactive thread to the top, and displaces newer threads further down the list. It's considered bad netiquette, just as typing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting.

There's an index to all topics posted here in the Best Of section. It's stuck at the top of the threads list, so any topic of interest can be found quickly and easily.

I am very sorry. It is a habit I was taught else wheres and will not do this again here. Thank you for letting me know a better way.
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-16, 00:16

Plan: Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 225/183/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 70%

This was so helpful to me!!!
  #147   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-16, 05:05

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

New video by Butter Bob Briggs..."That lying, cheating, dream-crushing scale" He explains it better than the original post in his simple, folksy way.
http://www.buttermakesyourpantsfall...crushing-scale/

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Jul-29-16 at 03:59.
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-16, 19:17
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glimmergai
Somewhere around these parts there is a Non Scale Victories thread. I am forumnally challenged and can't seem to find it, but the scale isn't the end all be all when it comes to weight loss, AT ALL. Someone once said here (paraphrasing) "Why should I obsess over a measure of how Gravity perceives my body." I love that phrase and every time my scale doesn't cooperate, I repeat it as my mantra!

Thanks for mentioning the NSV thread glimmergai. It has been archived (as all threads are once they have no posts after 12 months. They are still available, but it's a pain looking the Archives section, at bottom of the page). Anyway, you reminded me that the NSV thread is a really worthwhile one, so it now lives here in Best Of.
Because the thread itself is archived, you have to click on the link in the sticky to find it.
  #149   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 11:21

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

I am bumping this for jakz, since I can't seem to post the link.
  #150   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-16, 19:52
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccat69
I am bumping this for jakz, since I can't seem to post the link.
Please read Doreen's reply re bumping posts just a few replies back!

And if you need help with posting links, the place to ask for help with that is the Comments Box and Technical Help forum.