Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-19, 13:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72 and low FODMAP
Stats: 291/241/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Introduction - If there is anybody here

Hi, I'm sosumi. I've been doing LC on and off since 2000. I once lost 100 pounds. I was elated. Then, I had to have surgery and experienced a difficult recovery. I fell off the wagon and gained all of it back over 13 years. During that time, I went on and off LC without getting much traction.

I've been back at this since the end of Aug last year. In this year, I've lost 44 pounds. The last 8 months were very stressful with work and other external forces. I've been more in a maintenance mode.

Things are much better now and I have less stress. I am refocused and want to get to goal.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-19, 14:04

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Lot of effort to maintain. Kudos. Onward and downward!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-19, 15:18

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 219.0/214.8/125 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello, welcome. Yes we are still here. Congratulations, it is a journey isn’t it. I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 at the beginning of June 2019. I started low carb June 9. The sugar levels are down. Weight is down about 19 pounds. Saw a negative article on the BBC today about low carb. I know high carb was killing me.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-19, 00:09

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

To lose 100 pounds is some achievement. To do it twice would feel pretty good too I imagine, and it sounds like you're well on your way to achieving that. Well done, keep up the good work!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-19, 04:48
Registered Member

BF:

Ms Arielle – thank you for that. Yes, I need to recognize that maintaining is hard, too. And I will need this skill when I make goal.

Myca – you are doing great! Glad to hear your sugar has responded so quickly!

Grav – thanks for the compliment. Yes, it will feel great to do it again, and then to actually make goal! Gosh, you have done wonderfully and lost over 100 pounds! Way to go! Thank you for the well wishes!

Appreciate the warm welcome all! Happy Monday!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 09:01

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Sosumi - You achieved a great goal - you lost 100 pounds! You know how to do it, so welcome back and best of luck on your new journey. Forgive yourself for the weight gain and just get back to what you know. You have demonstrated how important it is to stay with the way of eating as best you can even through difficulties in your life. I too had a health issue develop I think from stress from caring for my elderly mother and work stresses. I was hospitalized and left with a cronic illness that I have been dealing with.... and I went off my diet for almost a year and a half. I did not gain it all back - just about 10 pounds - but I lost nothing for a very long period. I finally got back on track and began losing again......slowly, but still losing.

For me, it became important to weigh myself daily and to be aware of when the weight started to creep back up. I did NOT go back to the induction level of eating but I did begin really watching what I was eating again and trying to do better. When I was sick, I did not eat low carb particularly as my stomach was iffy. However, I got better and as I felt better I began to eat more on the program and eventually my weight started to go down again.

You will succeed again, just keep on trucking
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 10:25

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

I too gained back everything I had lost and then some. DUe to an injury that put me on the coach for several years. When I could only lay on the couch, and couldnt get to the kitchen, no weight gain. Getting ambulatory was a problem-- I could get to the kitchen to eat, then lay back down. Oh the gain!!

Getting it off the second time has been VERY difficult. Trying new strategies.

Time restricted eating
Fasting 36 hrs

Exercise , as I can, walking, laundry and the sort.

and Low Carb will always be the base..... I tried adding in a few carbs..... and that added in a few pounds..... lol
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 05:23
Registered Member

BF:

Lbangle – thank you for the reminder! Yes, I know how to do this and I CAN do it. So far, I’ve lost 50 lbs. Sorry you have had to deal with so much! How great that you didn’t gain much during that time. I’m glad you are doing better and losing again. I agree, I weigh myself every day.

Ms Arielle – thank you for sharing your story. How similar to me. Yes, it has been hard to restart, but I made a commitment 1 year ago and have stuck with it! I too, am very sensitive to carbs, so I have to be vigilant.

Anyone reading here, please join us on our journey. We support each other and hug each other as needed. We would love to have more friends, such as those posting here and anyone reading this board!

We are all in the Triple Digits Club, but since there is very little posting on this particular board, we post here:

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=482976