Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 22:44

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 175/175/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Recipes in the Book

Thank goodness for the internet because at least I found lots of good recipes and hints, menu plans, etc.

Am I the only one who doesn't keep "heirloom tomatoes," ghee, 24 sunflower sprouts, capers, rice wine vinegar, and sake, etc. etc. in my cupboards. Oh and I forgot, "pea tendrils" for garnish--what the heck!! As far as I'm concerned, the whole recipe section of the SB book is useless. Is this a diet for gourmets only, cause then I'm in the wrong place. Atkin's wife's cookbook is the same, totally useless to me.

Darn, I just want to whip up things in a hurry and get out of the kitchen. I really wonder sometimes what these authors are thinking.

Anyway, day one was not too bad but I see I have to plan better cause everything I had was pretty bland and basic and I've got to do better or I'll lose interest. I was planning a trip to the health food store or Trader Joes tomorrow but there's too much snow on the roads yet.

Carole
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 11:54
Registered Member

Plan: sugar busters
Stats: 225/220/135
BF:??
Progress: 6%

Hi Carole!!

Yes, the Internet is where I've found most of my recipes (probably all!). That way you can pick and choose what you want instead of buying a book that is filled with recipes that you will NEVER use. One of the things I am trying to obtain is a pasta maker on Ebay. And on the food end of things, I'm still getting situated with that too. I took out some white pasta stuff that was in my cupboard and bagged it up to give to a friend of mine that will use it. I've been buying the whole wheat pastas and it gave me the reason to clean out the other stuff. I have to slowly accrue all the stuff to use cuz some of it is higher priced than the "toxic stuff". Go figure.....
Well, that was my 2 cents worth.......
This is worth the the effort you put into it!!!
Tangy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 12:05
Registered Member

It's me again!!!

If you would like some of the recipes that I have gotten off the Net, just send me your email addy thru my profile.

Tangy
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 18:28

BF:

Hi Tangy,

Thanks for the offer of sending me some recipes. I will take you up on that

Many years ago I used to make my own pasta but wouldn't do it again as everything I cook is just for myself and now it's too much work for me. Plus you kind of hang the pasta for a while to firm up and I know my cats would be into it pronto. I actually had WW pasta today and it wasn't too bad. I think I can live with it.

And I was able to get to Trader Joes today but it was so confusing. I'm so used to no/low fat everything and never watching carbs and sugar, so it's a whole new ballgame. I was surprised that the prices werent' bad there either. I'm looking forward to going again but next time I'll have specific products in mind to hunt down. That should make it a little easier.

Carole
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 18:34

BF:

Hi tried to send you a message through your profile but it wouldn't let me do it

Carole
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 17:08

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Welcome Carole!

Be sure to check out the recipes here in our SB Forum. You may find something yummy there.

Also if you are looking for something specific just let me know. I have a HUGE collection of recipes and may be able to help you out.

molly
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 19:51
Registered Member

Molly,

Could you tell us how to do private contact? I didn't see my email addy come up for someone to send me an email. I know I can't post it in here because of "bots'. HELP!!!!
Tangy
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 10:59

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Tang!
To PM someone click on the "profile" icon at the bottom of their post.

Once into their profile you will see a category called "Contact ______".
Its right after the "Last Post" category. You can post a private message to them from there.
HTH
molly

Last edited by molly1844 : Sat, Feb-15-03 at 11:01.