Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-19, 22:33

Plan: Keto
Stats: 312/292/180 Female 68 in
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Triple digiter

Hey everyone,

I've been in the need of losing over 100 lbs for over 10 years now. I am hoping that with the Keto diet I can lose the weight. It seems like it has been doing a good job though. I have lost 20 lbs so far in 2 months. My goal is 180 lbs. I hope to get some great advice from everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 05:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72 and low FODMAP
Stats: 291/241/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hi serenityh! You are off to a good start and are doing great!

We have a fun little group here and we would love you to join us! We support each other and hug each other as needed. We would love to have more friends, such as you

We are all in the Triple Digits Club, but since there is very little posting on this particular board, we post here:

https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=482976
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 06:42

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Welcome, I too hit the 100lb mark some months ago.... working steadily at reducing that number. About 35 lbs down with many many more to go. There is a 5 lb challenge where we cheer each other on, a My 5# challenge where each is on their own schedule. And other buddies and challenges to keep up the enthusiasm and make friends.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Thu, Sep-05-19 at 08:27.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 08:20

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

welcome serenityh.

As someone who has changed over 100 lbs and maintained that change for a few years I can offer one piece of advice that just came to mind. The change has almost zero to do with what you put into your mouth and approaches one hundred percent of what you put into mind and practicing that what you put into your mind.

What came to my mind was an analogy about putting on a seat belt before driving a car.

I'm old enough to remember my folks throwing us into the "way back" of our old white Ford station wagon with red seats. 3 brothers would fight for that spot in the car. Unencumbered and able to "roam the cabin freely". Our other car didn't have a "way back" and we hand to wear seatbelts in it. House rule.

Long story short, I was raised to not wear a seatbelt, I'd try not to wear it any time I could get away with it. Then it was imposed on me It felt funny. I didn't like it. It limited my moment. It limited my freedom.

After practicing putting on a seatbelt for many, many years it feels weird for me NOT to put it on. Not that it will hurt me not to wear it - it's just part of driving a car or being a passenger (actually less so there as the new restraint takes a bit of getting used to - but I still put one on unless impossible)

I have not died yet but I don't account it to putting seatbelts on. Putting a seatbelt on is simply just part of driving a car. It's likely not to change anything for me today, maybe never. But its easy to do and I'm convinced it may have some long term benefits - perhaps not for me today but certainly for the husband and wives, brother and sisters of ones lost because they did not put one on.

To boil it down, my advice is to approach changing what you eat dispassionately. Do some research and find a plan that you think you can stick to for 18 months without variation (Diet Doctor website has some good one's I'm sure). You may rebel at first, like I did with seatbelt imposition, but with practice over many many months or years you may change your body weight by 100 pounds - and reap some of the side effects of that like increased mobility, medical markers approaching a "normal" range (whatever that is) and an ability to perhaps help others do the same thing.

Putting a seatbelt on is nothing to be proud of (well maybe for a first timer it's a thrill) - it's just something you do every time you EAT.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-19, 12:47

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%

welcome serenityh,

This is a great place to find support for your weight loss journey. I have been on the board for about 6 years. Though I have been on and off my diet all that time, I have lost a total of 93 pounds and need to lose another 29 to reach my goal of 145 pounds.

So, when I started I had 122 pounds to lose. I practice general low carb and started out doing Atkins for several years. You can do this. We have people on this board who practice keto, Atkins, general low carb, IF....you name it. I have learned much from the postings of others and check the board several times a week for inspiration.

I encourage you to keep a journal on this board to chronicle your journey....it helps!

Best of luck!