Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 04:22

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, I SO get ya on being hungry and you had a great eating day tho!

I am glad the Canada trip is just for pure fun. No this or that, it is a chillax and your own schedule and a whatever trip! Sounds like you got total control now and in fine shape to head out. Weather will change how your day goes in a way...fingers crossed you get the best weather for your trip!

Blue, yikes, you got the bloats. I so know those bloats. Never a good thing I am happy I started. Believe me I am a bit moody to be around right now....it isn't even the food restriction in a way that is irking me, it is the fact I HAVE to be here and do this LOL but I knew some lbs would go back on at some point and they have to be dealt with now and not later so I best just pony up and work on this now.

glad you had fun at all your party times tho.

the capri pants is what got me. I can't breathe in them at all and those are my fall clothes to wear everywhere before I go back into jeans for winter. I must drop lbs and get into those suckers LOL

hey all
off to mall with kiddo today, UGH
either will be a blast or I will have the moody teenager with me, not sure which kid will come...the fun chatter or the PIA ==HAHA
back to school stuff, figured we would get some out of the way now before our trip hits and hair cut appts (get this, she wants short and TEAL!) omg...we will see on that one.

Monday at our little close mall, should be no one there if I am lucky

food today is super simple
eating nothing til dinner tonight
having a beef broth big cup before hitting mall, then waiting til dinner tonight. thinking 2 thin pork chops (have to research kcals on that again) and since that ain't gonna cut it probably, might have a very small bowl of sautee'd chicken and small amt of alfredo sauce along side it. All about calorie count tho and will work on that later about food.

great day all
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 04:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OH dear....... I totally feel like my eyelids don't want to open. O stayed up way to late- serious binge on Dexter/ Netflix. Got to bed at 1- up at 530- DRAGGING........ My fault. I still think I am 20 sometimes. I USED to be able to stay up late and go to work- NO PROBLEM........ WHAT HAPPENED???????? oh yea- got older!

Blue- Read last post to you! Welcome to MONDAY!!!!!! HAHAH - Welcome to the WOE!!!!!! You know I gotta yank your chain sometimes.

NIC- I too want lamb lollipop!!!!!!- you can keep the Whisky though- not a whiskey gal. Jack Daniels and I had a go in high school. Never tangled again!!!!! ROFL!!!!
What does your week look like?

Lori- Welcome to your new you! "Whip Lori back in shape"- You are the most in shape of all of us. I know I could not do a race in Scotland. But I get it. We all hit that weight wall! where enough is enough. You at least are getting it early!

TRIG- I love the fact we all thought you were STAVING YOURSELF with 8 shrimp!!! - I failed to mention the pound of crab legs! YUM OH YUM!!!!! - Thing with crab legs- you either hit the jack pot or the nothing to offer legs. I have been so disappointed to crack open a leg- and NOTHING was in it????!!!! I am leaning towards lobster these days. But I love salmon grilled to.

Of course you have never heard of Green Goddess Dressing- It was super popular back in the 70's- for salads, right up there with Thousand Island dressing. It has I think avocado in it - to make it green. I am not sure. It it good. But I actually like Thousand Island Better. I know to much veggie for you. HOWEVER I don't mind a salad to help with the munchies. I have NEVER heard of someone getting fat over lettus! I keep my salads simple.
Did you get your pool time in? I am ready believe it or not for some COOLER weather.

BLUE- Back to you. I saw that you wrote you are having a very wonderful summer. I could use a dose of that kind of weather! The humidity and heat here is just oppressive and has been for weeks. It's like a sauna. And the BUGS love it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hoping I get my new watch in today! Of course it is the watch that will tell me to move! HAHAHAH-
I have a whole week without the boss! I am thrilled! She went to CA for Vacay. Her daughter has the same name as my daughter- they we both pregnant at the same time, and now we are both fist time grandma's. You would think she would have some compassion.
But after watching Dexter all weekend- I know not everyone has a heart!
It has been fun to revisit that series. I am not sure if I will finish all 6 seasons as I have already seen most of the episodes the first time around. But hey- I needed a no thought show- and I have totally forgotten what BLUE told me to check out. WINK WINK

So a fun story. I got my car washed yesterday. I go to a place that actually vacuums, does the tire rims, and towel dries the cars. So I am waiting on my car- we all are waiting. There is this BEAUTIFUL brand new Mercedes, white, and tan leather. Beautiful. I was so busy watching this car- this guy leans over to me and says- "your car"? I busted out laughing- ya right..... At that moment the dud working on MY car raises his hand and screams- WHITE HONDA????- To which I say- THAT IS MY RIDE! He laughed and said ya can't go wrong with a Honda. You know what? He is right- I love my new ride.

I have my food all planned out today. SMALL scoop of tuna for lunch- leftover grilled chicken and a side salad for dinner- DONE!
Since the boss- gone I am taking my walking shoes to work- and plan to step away from the desk for at least 20 minutes.

Well gotta run. - have a great day!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 04:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Well, I decided not to wait until Wednesday to weigh in. Stepped on the scale this morning and it was not as shocking as I'd feared. I am up about 8 lbs from where I hovered for a long time. Time to get back there and I'd like to go about 10 lbs below that point. WOW......I have work to do! I only have 2 months until cruise time....I'll be lucky to be down the 8 lbs let alone any more. It is what it is. I'll do my best and chip away at the lard.

Trig....you are rocking it! Like Blue, I try to stay around 1500-1600 for total calories, although I don't track that closely most days. I have been thinking about trying the plan where a few days a week you only eat 500 calories and then eat "normally" the other days. I've never had much luck doing that, but desperate times call for desperate measures!

Nic...how long will you be in Canada? What parts will you be spending time in? It is a HUGE place! I know you'll have a fabulous time.

Blue...you have had a big weekend! I'm sure you are sick of eating....I know that feeling well. I'm sure you'll be hearing me say that post-cruise.

Today also marks my return to exercise. A wee walk/run and some weight training are in my future today. I think I'm going to go to the gym this afternoon, rather than in the morning like I usually do. I so enjoy my mornings just puttering around the house and doing my laundry etc. while DH is at his part-time job. He comes home around Noon for lunch and then usually takes a quick nap before heading back out. I think I'll use his nap time for my workout time.

Tonight we're going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I'll be having a filet with mushrooms and loaded broccoli. Yum. I suppose the sodium in restaurant food will make the scale go up tomorrow morning. This too shall pass.

Do you all weigh in daily? At a minimum, I want to weigh Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but may do daily for a bit until it gets too discouraging.

Off I go for more coffee and to gather up my laundry. Monday here we come!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 05:53

BF:

Jaz not a thing wrong with a salad at all. You are doing basic old time Atkins Induction foods and that is how I lost most of my lbs....eating meat and salad only. and if ya pair that up with seafood and salad you save kcals and do better and lbs seemed to drop faster for me. lettuce just always gave me a bloated, wonky gut feeling. I CAN go back to eating one easily if needed, but so far without them I do well, but yes, I so get ya on having one when required to round out a meal. NO ONE gets fat on lettuce but some stay starved on lettuce HAHA
Simple salad, great. My salads were jacked up with extra cheese, bacon bits, extra chicken in it and kinda heavy on dressing, so that gave me a calorie whopper really and not loving a simple salad I did myself harm on a stupid salad...yes I am that type LOL

One whole week no boss! ENJOY the heck out of this week!

Lori I got off the scale. Bad move in reality. I got scale'd out to the max but I realize I absolutely must SEE those numbers or I pretend it doesn't exist, my weight So yea I am back on...every morning before shower and see where I stand. A tool I used and put to the side and NOW see where I am, back in weight loss mode LOL

you are thinking that JUDDD plan. Eat 500 kcals one day. Eat a normal type foods the next but if you are lc, you stay to an lc normal day without worrying too much but you can't go TOO high in kcals...then 500 again the next day. It is basic 'cut kcals' thru the week. Either eat a steady X kcals to lose or make it so one day you eat way less, like 500 and the next day you can splurge out a tiny bit....but in the end all it adds up to is how many kcals the week was and how well ya did not eating them That plan works so well for some cause it gives them their control they need. I tried, heck I like to truly eat each day so I couldn't do it but many have had wonderful success on it.

Your meal sounds delish and yea, sodium will hit but never let that worry you. sodium comes off fast

Have to wake kid in a bit. Giving her as much time to snooze as I can, off to shower for me now.
then we move thru this day at the mall and see what goes down.
cloudy, gonna rain, kinda icky day happening here.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 13:35

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hugs Blue. That feeling is none too fun. I have experienced it a number of times this summer. I think most of us have!

Trig- Hope your mall day goes okay, is relatively painless and you get a lot done. Hey, your kid is super smart so let her rock the teal hair!

Lori- Yep I've got some to lose too! We can do it!
I'm going to be in Montreal and Quebec City, one week.
Your exercise plan sounds great!
I don't think I will weigh daily. Maybe weekly or twice a week. Not gonna worry about it til I get back from the trip though.

Jaz- Yay for your stinky boss being gone! Enjoy a less stressful week at the office. And Yes Ma'am you actually have an awesome fancy new ride. Still happy with the new car? I wouldn't even want a Mercedes- repairs and maintenance on those and BMWs among others is ridiculously expensive. Bah!

•••••••

Arranged cell phone, got passports, called CC company, so well on my way now. Tomorrow I pack. Today is finalization of a little minor basic outline but I've decided not to worry much about it. We might do a tour in Montreal just to make sure we get some good info before we branch out on our own, but for Quebec City we can manage on our own.

Getting excited for sure but I'm nervous too. I was way more prepared for London, which had no language barrier. I have been a little cavalier about this one, I'm afraid. But we'll make it work! The fact that I feel this nervous is exactly why I should be doing this. I refuse to be afraid!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 18:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jazz---Your salad pix totally inspired me. Looked so delish. Time was when many a meal was a salad for me, like 5 years of salads all the time. Seems I needed a break, but I'm back on the rabbit train! So many different salads one can make, really suits my need for variety, and I'm not one that needs warm food, particularly in the summer.

So the cat's away! YAY mice! Hope you take this week to chillax a bit at work. Of course you will get everything done you need to get done, but I bet that will go faster and easier w/out her there and hopefully leave you w/longer lunch times and maybe being able to sneak out a bit early and in a bit late.

I'm w/Nic on expensive cars. Son had a used BMW that rung the money out of him like he was a defenseless wet wash rag. IMO, you gotta be rich enough so you don't care, and that ain't us, babe.

I loved Dexter but don't know if I could watch it all over again. Here's some suggestions for what to watch if you can't get thru all of D again. Number 1 suggestion for glaze and daze and fun is "Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce" on Netflix. I may be wrong, but I think you will love this. I watch it when hubby falls asleep early. 4 or 5 seasons so if you like it, it will last you for awhile. Also, "The Night Manager" on Amazon. Just 6 episodes, GREAT story, with fantastic villain, and the locales are yummy.

Trigger---I will be interested to know when the hungry fades a bit. At 1200 cals a day it won't go away totally, just visit less often I think. And sometimes there's a point where it actually increases your energy, or so I have experienced. Ticket for me when I have gone that low on cals is to not eat as long as possible in the day, and as little and save most cals for dinner. Reward for my efforts and helps me fee like I'm not on a diet, as I can enjoy a good hearty LC meal and still meet my goals.

Also, do you chart your cals? Helps I think---fitness pal--- makes it pretty easy. Plus they send you congrats when you make your goal every day.
Holds some of the pleasure of crossing off a list and easy to look things up. Then after a bit when you're not varying what you're eating a lot, and you don't, you remember the cals and amounts and it gets much easier.

Lori---I bet not having that job will make a better woe easier---jobs we don't like are just one more reason to reward ourselves w/bad eating. Plus, you'll have a nice open schedule for working out. Bet that job took more of your energy and mojo then you realized when you were doing it.

Nic---Excited for you! I forget, whose going w/you on this trip? Also, I think you'll find a lot of people who speak English more cheerfully In Quebec than in France, at least that's what my pal says. I've heard both cities are totally fab in different ways, so I think you're in for lots of variety and different experiences. Hope you are taking your laptop and we'll be treated to a couple travel notes.

K-mom---Sending you happy trip vibes, although I doubt you need them. Missing you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was woe day. Made a list of everything I need, all my faves and LC woe winners and went to three different places to get them all. So I am stocked up with choices, which is important to my success.

My plan to begin with is 1500 cals a day, average of 25 NCs. One treat meal a week, day of my choosing, and then that's it, over, finito. And maybe once my LC mojo awakes again, I'll even skip that treat meal, particularly if I see some success on the scale.

As for scale, I'm leaving it alone for awhile and putting plan into action. I'll know when it's working, I'll feel it in my clothes. And I'll get that "thinner feeling" Trigger and I used to know and talk about. Maybe once a week, I dunno, not there with that decision yet. Will let it be organic.

So, not too bad of a start since I woke up crabby as hell and more than a little blue. It's all getting so real, so much to do, so much pressure. But at least I dug my heels in and made this day for the woe.

I had a vanilla protein shake w/Hanson's Diet Root beer, and I didn't have it till 1pm. Felt OK to do that and I was busy all morning w/shopping. Won't always work. But my first shelf plan is a protein shake, two if necessary, and then a nice LC meal. If I need food, I'll eat LC food, but not till as late as I can make it. SO true for me, the earlier I eat, the sooner I want to eat again.

Anyway figure I'm in easy at under 25 NCs for today, cals I add in my head, probably 1300 to 1500. But this is why I need to get back on my chart. Tomorrow will be soon enough.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jul-30-18 at 19:34.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-18, 19:39

BF:
Progress:

Oh, and I gotta learn to take pix and share like Jaz does.

My salad tonight was a scoop of tuna salad---W/celery and onions for crunch---on romaine, w/half a sliced farmers' market heirloom tomato and three hard boiled eggs, drizzled w/my homemade balsamic dressing. It was a feast, and I am not hungry, totally satisfied.

In fact, on day one of re-boot, I feel so much better than I have in weeks.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 05:02

BF:

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!
BLUE- Your salad sounds wonderful!!!!! I am really getting into salads these days. Like you I went through a phase and just wanted my meat and greens. I like a good bowl of collard greens. But I am swinging back to a great cup or two of fresh chopped romaine. You know you can do alot with a good base of crispy romaine. Plus it gets you full. Like you said top with and egg/ tuna/ salmon/ steak- top with goat cheese and a great dressing!!!

Your plan sounds right on track! VERY healthy in fact! Most people eat hundreds of carbs a day. Anything under 50 is considered low!!!! Very low- The fact you take it down to half of that is right on. Even though TRIG and I take it one step beyond that- it is because of the way MY body processes carbs. It doesn't.
Thumbs up! You feel great because as KMOM would say your CaptD right now!!!!! Exactly where you need to be.

NIC- a trip just for exploring and fun! You NEED some spontanaity every now and again. Sometimes it is nice to NOT have an agenda. Just go and have fun! Then when you get back- you are organized for what you need to do for the wedding. You have time!!!!

Trig- Any word on the BOAT!!!!!????? So you are back to school shopping at a MALL?????? did I read that right? I am howling because I know just how much you love a MALL and all though people and comings and going!!!! No you are NOT a Mall rat.

OMG that brought back a funny memory. Remember though there was a TIME that going to the MALL was the IN thing to do? Oh yea! Thats what you did on the weekend- go to the mall, hang out, get some food and maybe a sweater! OH YEA!!! HAHAHAH- boy that was YEARS ago. I am more like you. Look at it on line and just have it delivered to my door!

I think I hear the dead on TRIG! Very determine - set a goal and git it done - Annie git it done. Or was it Annie get your gun!!! HAHAHAH- I am having fresh Salmon over romaine tonight.

Lori- Are you thinking of doing JUDD???? I think maybe YOU could handle that plan. I could not. But then again you are just a COUPLE pounds up and very very active. I have 50 pounds to shed and a slug at the moment. Not for long though. But hey if you can do it- go for it. But remember a calorie is not a calorie, but you know that.
Are you still feeling great about having some time off?
----------------------------------------------------------------
I am under the gun with a school deadline. I am really not liking this class. The further I get in it the more I just dislike it. The instructor is so vague. this is my first class I have struggled with as far as content goes. It is really hard to complete a assignment without a clear goal. So Just about every week I am messaging here to clarify.
I think she got enough and marked my paper off 5 points for a misplaced comma. I kid you not. Talk about pissed. So I WROTE her back, asking her to show me where the COMMA was, and what I could do better. She also said my citations needed tightened up- but didn't tell me in WHAT WAY!

I have 2 posts due tomorrow- and have yet to have written anything! I am at a loss as to what is even being ask. I am so over this course. 5 weeks to go. I have a 4.0 right now- I just want a passing grade and to just get out.
I know that I most likely will not get out of this course with my A- Maybe- maybe not. I just want it done!

I am day 3 on my NEW and IMPROVED WOE!!!!! HAHAHAH- I am sticking to 10 or less- not measuring, but not doing seconds. I fast through breakfast (not new) Small snack around 1 (not new)- and a "healthier" dinner. Meat, salad, or small amount of either cabbage, or broccoli- SMALL amount. And no seconds. that is NEW FOR ME. No Seconds. LESS - need to shrink this tummy.

So I am going with that for right now. my next step will be counting both- and measuring. But this is step one.

Taking my walking shoes to work. I have yet to be able to walk at lunch. Tomorrow is the all day leadership meeting. I won't be able to tomorrow. I also need to get my writing in today!
OMG- someone find that post that said I loved school PLEASE!!!!

HAHAHAHAH- It's all good-
Have a great day ladies!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 05:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

First of all....Blue.....that tuna salad you had for dinner had my mouth watering! I love a good Balsamic dressing....could you share your recipe? I could just picture all that on the plate....what a perfect summer dinner.

I made it to the gym yesterday and started my weight lifting routine. By this afternoon, I'm going to be a sore pup. Between the workout and dinner out(sodium), the scale popped up almost 2 lbs! Yikes! I think I'm going to back off to weighing only 2-3 times a week. Don't want to drive myself crazy with it.

Nic.....have fun packing for your trip today! What is the weather supposed to be like?

Trig...how did the trip to the mall go? The malls around here are like ghost towns. Only a few stores left and no one around. Most of the big anchor stores have closed.....kind of sad really.

Jaz...how did your Monday go since you were boss free? I'm sure it was a much nicer atmosphere. From what you've said, she is a constant source of tension in the office. When you don't know when the next outburst will occur, it keeps everyone on the edge of their seats. Not good. Did your fitness watch arrive? Is it a Fitbit or a Garmin? I couldn't find any Garmin's with the model name you mentioned.

Weather is looking crap for the next couple days. I think today may have a few breaks without rain. I need to get out for a walk/run. Tomorrow I'll be back to the gym.

Tuesday here we come.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 06:00

BF:

Nicco, don't you worry one bit on this trip. You are going to Canada, they are friendly up there and will treat you right!
Very safe travels! Give us a trip report if you can while there and have a blast. Can't wait to hear all about this fun trip!

Blue I so need that thinner feeling again. OMgosh that was amazing remembering how great I felt. Key words here, remembering LOL but I will sure get back into that zone. Close and shouldn't take too long to hit back where I want to be.

The clothes are such an indicator for sure! You are either in them comfortable or you are not. Not much of a sway on this one

No charting. I look up my meal and just do it in my head. Using the kitchen scale and measuring cup is ALL the misery I can take doing this cut back I just don't have it in me to log any of it down. Basically I am eat around 12-2 time and eat again around 4-5 time so I can do this in my head very easily, once I 'remember my portion sizes' for real I can judge it all and just go with the flow. heaven help me on weight loss mode again HAHA

Jaz, no boat yet. He goes and sees on tomorrow in SC. about 2 hr drive. who knows. so sick of the word boat I literally could scream, so if ya hear a high pitched, 'what in the hell is that noise' sound, it is me up here in NC having a screaming fit cause hubby said boat again Listen good, cause it is coming HA

School annoying you. Drawing out too long etc. Need that break. Pedal to the medal. How much longer is all your schooling? just curious.

Lori we are rainy kinda now also. very cloudy, not sure if it is going to pour or hold off. I hate annoying weather

Hitting the gym and lifting weights! You go girl, sore or not that will help with the old toning up on our bodies! rock on!!

The DREADED MALL did not happen! Kiddo said she felt cruddy, burning eyes, watery eyes, throat weird kinda, head clogged.....ugh sinus It is all the low pressures around us with the storms. She described all I get and it is the usual sinus stuff. So we blew it off.

Maybe hit mall today, but that will be if she feels better this morning...probably won't go. It will be all I can do to get her up and moving and to the mall....oh yea, she really does NOT want to go. She wants everything without having to walk around, put in any true physical effort to do anything in life HAHA teens!

if she blows me off later I have to run to pool store for a few things and might shop a few other stores and stop and get her some mechanical pencils, binder and other crap on her school list. Get me ahead of the game even if she doesn't come. I say, 'don't you want to pick your stuff out' and she says 'nope, I don't care, buy me whatever'! So I buy whatever HA

food day is simple
brunch time around 12-1-2 will be mini meatloaf---used 85/15 ground sirloin, put on kitchen scale it is 10 oz left to eat. about 60 kcals per 1 oz of meat....so 600 calories for this meat and 30 kcals for 1/4 cup gravy...4 carbs

dinner leaves me with about 350-500 kcals only. I am thinking like 20 grilled Cajun shimp (about 200 kcals give or take) and 1.5 oz of my delish garden cheddar chunk cheese...180 kcals on that. 380 kcals for my dinner.---so 630 and 380 is 1010 for the day.

ok sounds like a plan and I know if I have a tad of cocktail sauce with that shrimp I am still not over my 1200 tops for the day And if I get super hungry I can rely on a big cup of broth with low kcals like 25 and never go over my kcal limit for the day. I like to leave that little leeway for just in case

so far so good. I have to try to stay upbeat on this weight loss mode meal planning or I will scream. I don't want to scream so I am smiling thru this crap best I can LOL

great day everyone....off to see what this day brings to us here. who knows!! It will be a scary or good day HAHA
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 16:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Yup, taking the laptop and will try to share pics or posts as I go along. I think the thing that has me most nervous at this point is the driving, especially where the signs are only in French! We will figure it out though. This is just me and ds19.

Hugs sweet girl. No doubt you are feeling the reality and the pressure. That will kick into action again soon enough if not already. But girl, it is a hard and sad thing that you are doing. It is fine and necessary to have all the feelings. Honor them. xoxo

Your salad sound yummy! I would like that recipe along with Lori, although I feel like you have probably shared it before!

Re: malls- DH and I were total mall rats for a while there. Our area mall is actually doing quite well. They have put a movie theater and a lot of restaurants around there and it has kept it thriving.

Jaz- Sorry your new class is kind of crappy and the feedback you are getting isn't great. Ugh, some classes or teachers are just going to be like that but it sure makes it hard. Hope you got your walk in today!

Lori- You sound fired up. Good for you!

Trig- Sorry kiddo was feeling under the weather. Hope she feels better quickly!

•••••••

Got up and out today with errands to library, Costco and Walmart. Kicked back for a bit, and just made homemade sauce and meatballs to leave for DH. Soon I will get packed up. I'm sleeping in the basement tonight because my back is bothering me. With a flight followed by a nearly six hour drive tomorrow, I need to be rested and ready to go.

Scheduled a walking tour for Thursday from 10:30 to 12:30 that will cover some different parts of Montreal, and then on Friday night we will go to see Aura at the Basilica de Notre Dame (which will be a surprise to DS19.) Other than that we are winging it with certain places in mind to try to get to.

For the Quebec City thing, I definitely want to see the Changing of the Guard at Le Citadelle (and also hear the cannons at noon) and I also want to do a day trip out to Montmorency Falls and the Basilica of Saint-Anne-de-Beaupre one day. Other than that we will wander around Vieux Quebec City and just enjoy the time.

Portland no big plan except eating lobster at Two Light at Cape Elizabeth and walking around Old Port.

I'll be checking in when I can.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 17:12

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!
Cruise went great. I was happy seeing my family happy.

Think I am going to take a break for a while. When I come back, I want to come back strong.

Did not gain any weight on cruise, so I am happy about that. I did a ton of walking and no snacking.

Keep trying and keep being such a great support for each other.

Warmly,
K-Mom
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 17:13

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Nic---Bon Voyage! You are probably having that day before the trip I hate---checking and re-checking lists and making sure we have everything we need.

But then, you're off! Love it when the plane sets down in a new place, you collect your luggage and the vacation has finally begun. All the work and planning behind, all the great experiences ahead. Looking forward to hearing every detail you have time to share.

Jaz---UGH on the bad instructor. Not much you can do about that except just get through it, as you said. Remember, you'll still get your degree even if you have a B or two, and no one will know the difference. Still have to say, I hate this kind of teacher. Being vague translates to being lazy to this former teacher. No other reason for it. Students deserve clarity and good direction---not someone who holds your hand thru it, but someone who is clear in the objectives. Yeah, that takes some work, which is what she's getting paid for. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Did you get my video recs this time? Do not take lightly, LOL, you'll thank me after you've watched them, or at least one of them I think for sure.

Sounds like the rest of us, you've renewed your spirit and commitment to your woe. That's what I love about this place, we pass on each others' energy. We may slip and slide for awhile, but we all pull each other back.

Reminds me of one of my fave Maya Angelou quotes: "...and still I rise." She of course had much more serious things to "rise back up" against, but still, I like the quote because it says no matter how much we may have fallen back, or disappointed ourselves, we are very capable of rising again. Seen that all over this thread lately. It's a very good thing.

Trigger---Yeah, totally get you on the charting thing. Was going to start mine today, but got other things done instead. Tomorrow will be soon enough. Thing is, for you, you eat in a much smaller variety spectrum than some of us, so you'll have those numbers down in no time. You keep it simple, and it will be very doable to add it up in your head.

Are you still doggone hungry, or is it easing up a bit? Girl, if you could quit smoking after all those years, you can get used to anything! Just keep on keepin' on day after day and remember that it might take your body awhile to adjust to the new plan. It might want to hang on to those pounds for awhile as is it is often wont to do. Don't give up! You are in "rising again" mode and it's a beautiful thing---for your health, for your comfort and for your vanity.

Lori---I love a good balsamic dressing and nothing is better than homemade. One caveat, Balsamic vinegar can be higher in carbs/surgars, and the more expensive it gets seems the more likely that's true.

Do you have a Trader Joe's anywhere near---even if it's a bit of a drive, but you can stock up? I think their Balsamic Vinegar is VERY good and only 3 carbs a tablespoon.

But even if you can't find it that low, remember that if you are tossing a salad properly, you don't need a ton of dressing. So many people just pour it over the top, eat all the goopy dressing parts first, and then find themselves with half a dry salad. I like to toss with my hands. Put on the least amount of dressing to begin with and toss and fold leaves, then taste. If you need a drizzle more, add it in.

My recipe for Balsamic vinegar dressing is so easy to make, and by the way, you can sub any vinegar in it. I particularly like red wine vinegar as an alternative. You can also make a nice size batch all at once and have it on hand.

I don't do measurements as I've made my dressings for so long, do it to taste and eye. But I'll do the best I can here.

--Olive oil and balsamic vinegar: I usually do 60/40 in favor of the olive oil. Some like more vinegar than oil or visa versa. This works for me, so do it to your taste.

---Garlic Cloves. Yeah, NO garlic salt or powder. They are not fresh and you can really taste the difference. Again according to taste, I usually put a medium sized garlic segment in my garlic press, and that does it for me.

---Crushed dried basil. This can absolutely come out of a spice jar, and in fact is much better and easier to work w/that way unless you harvest fresh basil and dry it. Let's assume a spice jar of dried basil.

I put a small mound in my hand. Don't assume because it's dried it has no more flavor to release. Take your thumb and grind on it in your palm of basil, breaks up the pieces and releases all kinds of flavor. I do this twice, or two mounds of basil.

---Then, just salt and pepper to taste. I go really easy on the salt, but I'm a pepper pom pom girl and use plenty of crushed pepper.

---All that's left is to shake it up, and again, TOSS IT WELL. Start w/less, add only if you need to. Prevents soggy bottom of the salad bowl, saves on calories from the oil and let's the flavor of the rest of the ingredients come thru.

I also have a very good LC French and LC Thousand Island homemade dressing, if you're interested. I love to use blue cheese crumbles over the LC French, and I love a good LC Thousand island on a shrimp and hard boiled egg salad. YUMMERS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOWZA gals, did I ever have a productive day!!! LOL, I'm all but putting together a laurel wreath to wear on my head.

I have been putting off writing some challenging new business e-mail inquiries. They take so much time and thought and choosing just the right links to my work for each potential client, as well as finding the right voice to address each of them with. They are all so different.

I have had a list of 4 I know and know me, that I've been meaning to do for weeks. Well, just sat my butt down early this AM, wrote all four, and sent them out. Took all morning and into the afternoon, but it's done. Still have others to write, but feel so good about doing four, I'll take a week before I worry about more unless something hits me over the head.

All you can do is try, and when you know you've put the time and effort into trying hard and at the best of your ability, there is a peace to it. Already got one excellent response saying not now, but please contact us in early fall, complete with a "don't forget."

Still have a list, and I'll get after it. But I think we're in the dog days of summer, business is slow, everyone's on vacation, so having put this huge effort in today, I think I will leave it till early fall to pursue more. And Lord knows I've got plenty else to do.

After all that, I helped hubby carry down a S-load of stuff from the attic. His knee is much better, and so is my wrist. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT, but that attic is 60% cleared. I used to go up there and just want to cry. Hubby has done an amazing job.

LOL, he really doesn't want those college hunks around and he doesn't want to pay them to do what he sees as his work. But, we still have the basement to go, so we'll see. Plus some stuff is just too big for us to deal with. But he is determine that we pay for as little of that truck as is possible! I'm all over that as long as he isn't straining his knee.

EXCELLENT 2nd day on my re-start. Have had two protein shakes. One with cold pressed coffee and Vanilla whey protein, and the second mid afternoon, with the Vanilla Whey protein, Hanson's organic black cherry diet soda and cream. OMG, seriously, both are like having ice cream to me, in liquid form.

Dinner will be 2 burgers w/cheese, heirloom tomato slice---my God they're so good now I'm going to enjoy them, and slim onion slice. NO LC bread, trying to put that aside for awhile. Might do a half cup of Trader Joe's sweet potato fries and still come in at around 1500 cals and 25 to 30 NCs. If I'm going to count calories, I'm going to take advantage of high nutrient carbs that I can afford occasionally.

So anyway, yesterday sucked, today was a whole different thing. We need to remember that nothing ever stays the same, even overnight.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Jul-31-18 at 19:04.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 17:25

BF:
Progress:

k-mom---Welcome back!!! Was surprised to see you here, still imagining you on the high seas.

DO take a break and refresh and catch up w/yourself. This trip was a long planned for big deal, and it now being over is something to contend w/too.

Bravo on you for not gaining any weight on the cruise!!!! That's amazing. You must have really worked it because everyone I know who goes on a cruise comes back with the results of it on their belly.

But pal, don't stay away for too long. You have a tendency to do this, and that is not mine to judge. Still, you don't have to "come back strong" you can just COME BACK!!! We miss you. And we have ALL been struggling, so jump in and struggle with us. Heavens, If we all thought we could't post here till we felt strong, this would not be nearly the interesting or helpful place that it is.

You know that I really believe that the more we're here, the better we do. At least that's true for me. Even if we don't have great things to report, we are holding ourselves accountable to the discussion. I know I'm here for accountability, even if I'm not in my best zone, then I need to hear myself say so and not let it side behind the clouds of denial.

If you are tired and out of mojo, just post a sentence or two, but keep in the rhythm of being here.

SIGH. Well, you know what they say about unasked for advice. So throw mine out the window if it doesn't hit a chord w/you. It's just that I care, and I miss you when you're not part of us. And, I think you miss us too in ways you may not always see on any particular day.

Well, or at least, maybe I should speak for myself. I sure couldn't do this without my gal pals here. Whether I'm up or I'm down, I need to see that for myself as I type it out, and I need to hear that others here have the same questions, and sometimes, just the right INSPIRATION on whatever little or big thing.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Jul-31-18 at 17:48.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jul-31-18, 20:15

BF:

Just a very quick one until morning-
BLUE- I will share that dazzle hat of truimp with you tonight in the writing dept. 2 really HARD posts down and done! And I wrote to my instructor and really was questioning my grade. I know you all are going to eye roll here. But I got a 95% when it should have been at least a 99%. I know- eye roll here over 4 crapy points when in all honesty an A 4.0 is 4.0 give or take 4 crapy points.

But I wrote to her I did not understand the 95% please explain so that in the future I can improve. Well she wrote back it was more than a comma- but 3 citations that were not correct. But she didn't say that. So she up my points to 98%- because she was vague. I will take it and run. My cumulative right now is 99.333333333333333- figure that. DAM that .000000000007- is that right?????? HAHAHAHAHAH

Anyway- I worked my butt off to hit that deadline tonight for both posts- and feel SUPER about it. I am just done with this week. So relieved- maybe I can actually sleep.
I have a 10 page paper due week from Sunday I am going going to get a heads up on. taking tomorrow for a rest day. From school anyway.
CRASHED my worked computer- it has the BSOD. Blue Screen OF DEATH. True acromymons. Dead as a doornail. Funny thing is I truly wrote and submitted post one less than an hour before it crashed. Sometimes I have a minute to write for school at work if I am caught up.

WOE - WAS DREADFUL. I am really struggling to get back on that horse. It truly only took one lunch to tear me down for a few days. Ya get the taste of crack.... oh wait I met carbs- same thing to me. I went on a bender that day- and it takes a minute to get back up and feel normal- and lose the desire. Was not that great tonight.
Feel very bad- I have a true carb addiction- no different for ME than a drug addiction.
I gotta get past those first few days AGAIN!!!!! DANG - I will - I WILL - dog gone it. But ya know it just reinforced to me what I am- there is no such word as moderation. Not for some of us. You hear me TRIG!!!!!! I could use a bottom kick about now!

Ok- got to git to bed- I will be first poster tomorrow with personals!

GREAT JOB BLUE on a job WELL done as well!!!!!!!! Sorry all about me. But doesn't it just feel great to get a task off the plate!!!!! one with a deadline!

Till tomorrow

KMOM- Please come back- we miss you

Last edited by Jaz66 : Tue, Jul-31-18 at 20:29.
Closed Thread