Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 07:35

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hmmm......last on last night and first on this morning?? Hello, Hello????

Just back from our 3 mile walk/run. More walking than running, but at least we got the miles in. I went slower than usual due to DH being along and him not in running shape. He did fine, but it was more of a struggle for him than it was for me.

I have to figure out this eating window thing. I was too low in calories yesterday.....probably about 300-500 less than I should have had. I went to bed hungry, but was able to sleep. The good news.....scale down 2 lbs this morning. I'm doing the 6 hour window again today, but will be sure to have more calories, especially since we did the exercise this morning. 2.5 hours until I can break my fast.....more coffee & water till then. Oh...I did just have a hydration tablet dissolved in water....only 10 calories, so I don't consider that breaking my fast.

Ok......waiting for someone else to post. I'll be back later!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 08:07

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ok NOW that I am fully ready to play on here where are all of you!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-

I woke up feeling WONDERFUL!!!!! Day 3 fully on plan- AGAIN. If I can just make it a week- get past that point. You all know what I am talking about. That point of total withdrawal, over the hump. Once I hit Ketosis- I am in my sweet spot. - I am golden. It's the getting there. I blew a WAD of money at the store yesterday. Almost 300.00 at the grocery. granted some of that was paper products, and cleaning supplies. But the bulk of it was high end foods. I am having colossal scallops and crab legs tonight. It would make TRIG weep!!! Fresh and wonderful.
I also picked up 3 pounds of Jumbo Gulf Shrimp. I like my shrimp from this country. Just a preference- but ya pay for it. Picked up Tuna steaks, cod, and Halaibut. close to 150.00 in fish alone. The scallops were 17.99 a pound, shrimp 40.00- anyway- you get the point. But I got the fish not farmed- or from China.

If I am going to get past the hump it is going to be in style. Doesn't even make sense to eat junk when one has shrimp, and scallops right? I also have chicken, and a rack of ribs. GREAT eating!!!!
I did pick up the low carb greens, collards, kale, romaine, asparagus, broccoli. Great salad dressings, and a hard salami. See ya can eat great. Oh..... and 2 jars of natural pickles. So I was reading an article that eating pickled foods - ie pickles- kills a hungry. I wash mine off due to salt. But one or two is better than a bender any day. It does work.

I am going to hit my new gift to self- treadmill this morning. Then I am going to prep my dinner- cut up a salad, and then take off to hit the Mall ya I said MALL. I want to get out- take in a movie, and just sorta window shop. I haven't been to the mall in a while. I would guess that fall stuff is coming in. I also need to get a gift card for my mom. I am done buying her anything.

I bought her a travel bag- for her trip to Ohio this week. She handed it back and said blue checked were not her colors I could keep it. To which I said- ya know take it home and put it in the trash. Mothers- so complicated!

Blue- did you week look like mine? Can you come up for air and post. Or put your dot on the page! Hope you are getting a ton done! Did you say you were boxing up your kitchen? So you also mentioned that you had to stay somewhere for a few days while they did your floors. So are you in a position to go to your new place? Just asking........... That would be idea if you can swing it. I know though how expensive it it so move. Deposits, application fees, it doesn't stop. HOWEVER the bright side- once you are in you are in. PLUS- usually water and trash are included. Plus you have a pool! My water bill last month for ONE month was 48.00!!!

Plus you are working on a project! That is awesome- I know it can be overwhelming. But if you are like me- the stress is high but I am the MOST productive when it come deadline close!

NIC- So are you still relaxing from all your journeys? What a great VACAY you had! How long are you keeping your pool open?
I have pool envy! I thought about joining a club about a mile from here- but it is end of season now, or close to it. Not to mention that I have little to ZERO time. Do you and the hubby grill out alot?

Lori- awesome you don't need to order a new watch! I hate spending money where you don't have to. But don't mind if it is quality or useful.
You are a lucky gal to have the hubby go running with you! Does he do that often? Where did you meet your guy? I love those stories!!!!!

TRIg- Hope you are having a great time. I will toast you when I dig into my crab legs. I am having the scallops with it. I love crb legs- but they are a crap shoot. Sometimes you get a tone of meat, and other times you crack a leg and wonder where all the meat went!!!!! HAHAHAHAH- HOT AND HOT AND A SIDE of Humidly here! Hope you are staying cool.
---------------------------------------------------------
Today is Jaz day. Putter, go here or there. I would love to take in a movie. Something about sitting in a large room in front of a large screen sharing a moving with people. It's that minute right before the movie starts- when they are transitioning to the actual moving, you know where you hear everyone munching on popcorn!!!!! It is like the party is about to begin! Something about it!
I can and do pass on the popcorn- not a temptation for me!!!

Can't decide what I want to see. I will catch a matinee, 2/ 3 pm show. Walk around a bit- and then head how about dinner time. Take the dogger for a nice walk- she has been feeling negligented with all my writing! Pouting really.

Ok- going to roll!
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 08:08

BF:

Lori- we were cross posting. What is a hydration tablet?????? WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!- doesn't water do the trick?

Explain!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 08:21

BF:

Jaz! Glad to see a nice, long post from you!

The hydration tablets just have extra electrolytes in them. Probably a gimmick, but I enjoy them after a run. I'm sure water is sufficient.

DH does not run with me often. Once in a blue moon. It was his idea, and I'm glad he suggested it as it got me out the door this morning.

I met him in 1985 when I was out at a social club with my sister and her husband. There was a band playing that we liked and we were just having a few drinks and enjoying the evening. I saw him standing in the back of the room with a buddy just surveying his options. It was 11:30PM before he got the nerve to approach me and ask me to dance. Turned out we were both from the same town. This club is about 15 miles from our town. I forget what time the band played until, but we danced every dance till the end. I remember during the last slow dance, we were talking and he just gave me a couple butterfly kisses...you know what I mean? Swoon.....He walked me out to the car and then he called me a few days later and here we are 33 years later!

That was probably more than you wanted to know, but there it is!

Later!
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 09:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

On for a sec guys. Old computer, other ones are down for the count, have to fix or buy new but the ancient 15+ Dell IS THE one working LOL

hot as heck here

fab time

just ate 3 chicken legs fresh off the grill. hubby marinated in peach cider but could not taste no sweet or peach, but the MOISTED legs off the grill ever.

VERY!!!! Very very crowded here. MB state park is way near the main myrtle beach condo and downtown fun area and just packed to the max. Will not do this again but fun to see the changes they made from the old times we were here.

having NY steaks on the grill tonight and have some sides for family, I will have grilled shrimp with my steak.

SO BUSY one can not even THINK of driving out on Hwy 17 during the weekend. tomorrow and thru the week we will explore more and do things. Again, ain't doing this place ever again, I CAN NOT take a zillion kids and packed solid cg. Not me ever. Fun time but won't be repeated LOL Hermit gal here. Want no one around on my camping trips

Lori, so cool on your DH story!!! love reading it! Also great he tried your walk.run regime. You rock the exercise on this board but I bet Jaz will come close now with her NEW treadmill, hmm, will she? HAHA should be interesting on that exercise schedule for ya'll.

Jaz, YOU ARE SO smart to put money on your food. KEY is eat the best ya ever age and DO NOT limit food, eat til super full and happy. That will get you past your week to gain way more control to get keto back and it will take like a month to get FULL true keto.....so figure a month of making it 'all about you!' in the food dept and then things flip better.

You are a zc'er rocker for sure

ok did not read back on posts but saw those so I gotta bale, off to beach to swim now. just love the ocean and salt air and high heat and --it all

saying hi to everyone off I go, busy busy on vacay!!
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 10:52

BF:

NOT EVEN 10 mins. in the water and kiddo got jelly'fished to the max.

monster welts. got both legs.

oh yes the TEARS! the crying! feel bad for her.

back at rv and put tons of vinegar on the welts and gave her some benedryl and she is better but still moping of course.

what a load of drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again, can we say kid drama here but the stings are killers and she got nailed by the bad jelly you don't want to get stung by ever....poor kid.

hubby off buying her ice cream as I type HAHA

hopefully, NO MORE drama on this trip YIKES
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 14:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Ugh Trig so sorry for the kiddo. That absolutely sucks. My DS19 got nailed on the Outer Banks years ago.

Other than that just a dot from me for now. Getting positively nailed by vertigo today.
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 16:30

BF:

Ohhhhhhh TRIG- Sooooooooo Sorry you aren't having that dream vacay! However you have had some super trips this summer. Hot for dam sure. I think everyone is doing the before school starts last summer fling! Although school has started here in Atlanta.

Sorry about the kiddo- We saw the jelly fish in St. Simon a month ago. Lucky though we didn't get hit. Sounds like your kiddo got it bad!!!!! URGHhhhhhh- wonder if she just wondered into a school of them. Do jelly fish travel in a group? Makes me hurt for her! I would cry too!!!!!!!
How many more day are you there. No offense- but I am not a fan of Myrtle beach- for the exact reason you stated. Over crowed and not very pretty.

Nic- glad you put down your DOT. Some days that is all we can do!
What do you think is causing the vertigo? Drink a ton of water!!!!
Hope you feel better tomorrow!!!!

Lori- What a SWEET story about the hubby!!!!! Did you know right then and there? How cool? I have found that the first dates- some of them have been cool- but then my head gets in the way and I end up not going on a second date. Sighhhhhhhh How story book for you!
I have never heard of a hydration tablet- salt tablets- if that is what you are talking about. HOWEVER I have heard that a high alkaline water hydrates more that other water. gets into the cell better. I have found I love the taste of high alkaline water. I just can't do tap water anymore. Unless the grid goes down and it's the only thing between me and death maybe. I can smell the chlorine and floride in in- gross. But if the grid goes down - now of us will have water- so I guess it doesn't matter!!!!

Ok- I chowed on crab and scallops. So full I took a 20 minute snooze and then took a walk. Came back cleaned up the kitchen- and ready to watch a movie. Been a wonderful day!

Till tomorrow!!!!
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-18, 18:53

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trigger---Oh, I feel so bad for the kiddo. Those jelly fish stings are vicious. I will NEVER forget being in Ft. Lauderdale when I was about 8 or 9. Parents rented an apartment in a complex on the ocean for a vacation. The kid staying upstairs got hit by a jelly fish bad, he was about 5. He screamed all day and half the night.

Know what you mean about the overcrowded touristy camp sites, although they can be fun for a short stay. Haha, our kid LOVED the Camp JellyStone sites. Camp stores filled with candy and ice cream, tons of kids in the pool, lots of action Jackson everywhere you looked. We enjoyed that the kid enjoyed it but we never stayed for more than a night or two because hubby and I weren't fond of the experience.

Lori---Sweetest dang story about you and your hubby. Absolutely LOVED hearing it. I love the idea of "social clubs," old fashioned but so nice in so many ways. Sounds like just another name for a bar, but it really isn't, is it?

Community thing, chance for those not in big cities to get together and look around. And your hubby sure looked in the right place. The "butterfly kisses" part made my heart flutter. I remember. Nothing more come hither than a guy who takes his time, IMO.

Jaz---Phenomenal job on the grocery shopping! Worth every dime. I believe this WILL get you back in the zone. I mean who wants to crawl back up on that high wagon without a reward waiting.

Very cool that missy thought you so youthful. I can see why. Your skin and hair are gorgeous and so youthful looking. Not to mention the pretty brown eyes and the darlin' smile and face.

Haha on GGTD. Of course they're all skinny, it's Hollywood---except the one who owns the bakery. She is zoftig by Hollywood standards. Funny, but my least favorite is the star. She bugs me---I guess because she's making a career of being phony. But in the end, who cares, amIright?!? It's a glazer/dazer and fun to watch.

Nic---Hate that you're struggling w/vertigo. Remember you mentioning this once before. Does it hit you often? Is there anything you can do for it?

Just have to tell you pal, my library kindle books are piling up, after barely 2 weeks. And of course, much of my reading time has evaporated lately in the push we're on over the house. But it is still the coolest thing since sliced bread! If I can't read 'em all in the time allotted, they go back w/no fines, and I can just keep going or renew.

K-mom---Missing you. Know you'll come back when the time is right for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third day in a row of mission impossible, but today just hubby and I. Hubby went from sunup to sundown again. Honestly gals, if you saw him---handsome as he is, IMO, you'd think what a sinewy guy---nice word for skinny. But holy cats gals, that guy has muscles Popeye would envy. Which is why he never puts on weight.

He's in such fantastic shape and hasn't seen the inside of a gym since high school, and he hated it then. He does it the old fashioned way. Rides his bike whenever he can to wherever he can, has done all the work on our rather large property in all seasons for 30 years. And then of course, some of it's just genes.

Again today it was hot as hades as it has been thru our three day odessey. Worked with him hauling things to the dumpster till the heat felled me. Then went to the basement---MUCH COOLER---and stayed there packing boxes and bags, which he then hauled upstairs and to the dumpster.

30 square foot cubic dumpster. In case you can't visualize that, it is HUGE. We filled it up over the last 3 days. Again, gee, I thought we'd already done a ton of work. At 3pm, even in the basement, I began to feel woozy and retired from today's effort, went upstairs took a shower and collapsed on the sofa.

Hubby kept on going like the energizer bunny only w/a wheel barrow he pushed between our deck, the dumpster and the alley---more on this in a minute. Neighbor who lives behind us and often sits out on his back deck and reads said he just could not believe how hubby kept going. Again, it was hot and humid as hell today.

Meanwhile, hubby is kind of having a good time. Yeah. The heat doesn't bother him. He also wacked apart all kinds of basement furniture, BEFORE he hauled it upstairs and to the dumpster.

YEP. He is my hero. Although while I was working in the basement I was ready to slap him a couple of times for all the stuff he couldn't let go of. But he paid his penance for that in these last days, and in the weeks before when he cleared the attic almost single handedly.

I want to share how we have structured our clearing out, because it has been a grace note to both of us. SO MANY have said to us, why aren't you having a Garage Sale? You could pull in some good money.

My response is I did garage sales w/a pal for 10 years and used the proceeds to pay for our hotel in Door County. She made it fun, and boy do I have stories. Then she got sick. Did it one year w/out her, and NEVER, NEVER again. SO MUCH WORK, and the money you make, you make at an average of a dollar an item, if you're lucky. Oh, the weeks of gathering and pricing and setting up!

So, this time we decided we would pass anything of value on to the universe of those who need it, free. We started last spring by donating the best stuff we had but could no longer use or would not have room for the church rummage sale, where all proceeds go to the church.

Then in these last weeks we have continuously put things out in our back ally. We have a nice "staging" area that people see from the road back there. Often we wake up and everything we put out there is gone. If it is going to rain, hubby hauls it into the garage.

We filled the dumpster with stuff we didn't think it fair to dump on any charitable organization. But these last three days we have also kept a steady "store" going in our ally.

In the city, alley crawlers are a thing, so it's not the first time we've experienced this. But this time there was so much, and it was AMAZING. Of course not to hubby, who knows the metal crawlers and the copper crawlers and the antique crawlers, because he always gets out there and chats with them if they pick up something when he's out in the yard.

So, there was this one couple who are metal crawlers. They can sell it by the pound. They have an old truck that when full and stacked up and roped up, looks like something from "The Road Warrior." Nicest folks ever. Make their living selling metal by the pound. We loaded them up yesterday, and again today, and they were so thankful.

Then there's our neighbors who have been hauling away all kinds of things that suit their fancy. Then there's the guy whose all about old cassettes and beta videos. The guy who hauled all our brush turns out to do a flea market several times a year at the fair grounds, and as he said, for him, he hit gold with this job.

The kid next store is a beginning quilter, and she took all the fabrics I put out. I used to find old fabric books for cheap when I had my store, because there was so much you could do with even just the samples. She was SO happy to drag them all off, and her mom took a couple of lamps left over from my store for her office.

And really, on and on and on it's gone. Word is out in the neighborhood now, and LOL, we have "customers" who stop by every day and check out what's in the alley, and that will continue till we move. And every bit of it is free and happily passed on to those who will use it and enjoy it.

All clothing and books are going to Good Will.

And I am humbled and knocked out by how ingenious people are these days, how VERY HARD some of them work to make a living, or just adding pleasantries to their home they may not be able to buy--- in IMO, a country that does not favor those who struggle, but rather the very rich. Yep, going to just come right out and say that. Sure have seen a lot of it in these last days, not that I didn't know the truth of it before.

I feel so blessed, and so lucky. Sure I've worked hard but some of it really is luck, for many reasons.

Anywho, I haven't worked so hard, physically, in I don't know how long, and gals, boy am I out of shape!!! Not that I didn't know that, but easy to stay in denial when you don't test it often. It sure has been tested, with eye opening results.

After this part of my path leads to the next path, that is going to be a priority to me, getting in better, not all buff, but deffo better shape. I think it will be as important to me as my woe.

HAHAHAHAHA! You know me gals, it's either a period with a paragraph to show I'm alive (LOVE Jaz's innovation with the "period/dot" concept---so great when you don't have much to give, but you want to let your pals know you're still here!)---or it's a major opus!

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Aug-12-18 at 19:07.
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 04:47

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue....I loved your post, as usual! You & hubby are making such great progress on your project. It is so special that so many people are being blessed by the items that you are ready to let go. We have also sat things in our front yard and were amazed when an old truck would pull up and pile everything on and be happy for it! I agree that donating is preferable to all the work for little gain of a yard sale. Is this the week when the new roof work starts? It's all happening fast & furious now, isn't it? You will look back on this time in years to come and wonder how on earth you did it! Big hugs to you, my friend.

Nic....so sorry about the vertigo. I simply cannot imagine having that. What do you do for it? Does lying down help or make it worse? Is there medication you can take? I hope you're feeling better today.

Trig....OMG....jellyfish stings??? Again...I cannot imagine having that happen. Is she still in pain today? She will, no doubt, be leery about going in the water again. I know I would! August must be peak time in Myrtle Beach. I was surprised when we were there in July.....not crowded and traffic was easy. Of course, our condo was on the "quiet" end and not an area where there's a lot going on for kids. I'm sure a campground would have been a different story...that's where the action is! Hope DD is feeling much better today.

Jaz...how is the treadmill?? Hope you didn't overdo it on your first session! The hydration tablets I use are called Nuun. I like the orange mango flavor. They are 10 calories & 5 carbs. I only have one after a run if it is hot and I've sweated a lot.

I wish I could cook seafood like you and Trig do. I don't have access to good seafood here and I really don't know how to cook it if I would have it.

Is your boss back this week? If so, I'm sure you are not looking forward to whatever mood she may be in.

As for me, we woke to rain.....AGAIN!! Downpours that will swamp our golf course....AGAIN!! My cat is unhappy about the rain and keeps coming up to me and crying to go out and then when I get up and go to the door, she won't go....because it's raining....sigh.

I stuck to my eating window yesterday, but had a "treat" during that time. As expected, the scale popped up a pound, but it will leave soon. I'm planning to stick to the eating window thing all week as I have no plans that will make it difficult. The only thing I may do is go with my friends to trivia at that new pub we visited last week. That would be Thursday night, so that may cause me to extend my window a bit.

I'm planning on hitting the gym at some point today. I may wait until DH gets home from his part-time job and settles in for the afternoon. He takes over the remote for the TV and then falls asleep. No sense me sitting here watching him sleep!

Well, time to wrap this up. The cat is demanding my attention. Hope your Monday goes well.
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 04:48

BF:

OOOHHHHHH Blue- more than a "dot"!!!!! But I have had to use a dot here or there myself the last week. It has been rough no doubt!!!!! Wow have you been busy. I love the fact you are blessing people with your treasures. I have know doubt you know the value of what you are putting out there!!!! After having a shop in the past- you know. But to comment on the garage sale thing. We used to have them every spring when the kids were little.
My kids were changing sizes every years and they had so many toys and and grew out of them as well. Then I also inherited a huge home of 40 years of stuff when my grandparents went into the nursing home suddenly. I will admit that after all of that- I would gladly GIVE something to someone who would love it than to be talked down to pennies for what something was worth.

How sweet of you!!!! But like you, I will not ever do a garage sale again. If the need ever comes up- I will hire a estate company to help- tag, ect.....plus people are less likely to talk you down in price if it is run by a 3nd party.
Let me say one more thing in regards to all of what you are doing. Someday you will be happy you are doing all this NOW!!! Even your son might thank you. So fast forward 20 years- I am sure you are going aren't going to feel like emptying out a house. Not that you couldn't but it seems to ME that each move becomes harder. I have been the queen of moves- And it IS TIRING!!!!

BTW- I just finished GGTD- WTF?????? So they stopped right there?????? What happens to Delia? Or the DAD? Or the daughter???? It was like they expected to keep going and it literally just stopped!!!!! I guess I will just have to "write" the happy ending in my head!
OK- so what is the next great series- that has a happy ending???
I like the happy ever afters!!!!!

NIC- I hope you are feeling better. I wonder if you are slightly dehydrated. That can cause one to get dizzy. Unless this was a ripping case of Vertigo. Do you get ear infections often? TMJ? Low blood sugar? Going through the list in my head......
At any rate- more water won't hurt!!!!
Where is KMOM when we need her right?!
Is it hot there?

LORI- Hey there!!!! Still thinking about that sweet hubby story! Before I moved about 10 years again I was part of a singles club that meet once a month in a church for a dance. It was simply to meet people. No drinks- punch and cake. So a Buch of us would go to the Mexican joint across the street for margarita's before the dance. Have a great time and go home. I did meet a guy there. I dated him for several months. He actually proposed. I was getting ready to move to Atlanta. He ask me to stay. I ended up saying no. I don't regret it either.
He was an avid hunter and into taxidermy his conquests. I always felt that he wanted to catch and stuff me and my dog and put us on his mantle!!!! Never seen anything like it.
Gee how did I go there- oh yes the church dance! HA

What does your week look like? Do you miss not working?

TRIG- Is the kiddo feeling better? How long are you going to be gone? You are missed. But boy howdy did your short post paint a picture of your camp grounds!!!! Sounds like a circus!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I had every intention of tread milling this morning. It will happen today- just not Monday morning when I am dragging to get to work! I would rather enjoy a slow cup of coffee right here!

I am down a pound- no hooray until I can keep it off! HOWEVER I am now on day 4! I woke up feeling EVEN better than yesterday. SO true junk in - junk out. Carbs make me FEEL so bad. Even just a few- for ME anyway. My body just has no tolerance. Even If I am not dropping weight like crazy- just to feel good is enough.
I feel confident the weight will follow.

I agree it is more than likely stress. Cortisol is a powerful hormone that can keep us from dropping. I am thinking that the exercise is going to help some of that.

I have my tuna and Pellegrino packed up and ready to roll out the door. I am taking my walking shoes.

ok- well it's time for the cube farm- sighhhhhhhhh someday this too shall pass. It's not forever. I am blessed, it keeps my lights on!

Have a great day ladies
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 11:13

BF:

Vacation from hell is happening here. Not a fan of this place anymore and WILL NEVER come back around here no more

GET THIS:

So we get our junk and walk to the beach access and CLOSED. Cops, fire engines, first responders etc all around. HUH?

here it is:
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – 1 hour ago. The body of an adult male was found in the surf Monday at the Myrtle Beach State Park, according to Cpt. John Harrelson with the Horry County Police Department.
Harrelson says investigative personnel are responding to the scene. This is all the information available at this time. Stay tuned for updates.

JUST HAPPENED. omg I can't take much more.

beach is now open and I have 0 desire to swim in it point blank.

leaving Sat. I swear I am ready to come home tomorrow.....hmmm.....ok I gotta chill a bit. I am going to sign off and hit some booze now

what else? I am scared to even guess.
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 14:14

BF:

OMG Trig! What next is right! How horrible....wonder what happened with that man and where did it happen? I can't blame you for not wanting to swim there after that announcement. So sorry that your much anticipated vacation is turning out to be less than you'd hoped. I would run for the booze as well! When things are going bad, the only thing to do is drink heavily!

Fingers crossed that the next couple days turn out to be fun!

Jaz....to answer your question...no, I do not miss working AT ALL!! I love looking at my calendar for the week and I see no 4-10 shifts on there! Woohoo!! I am free I tell ya, FREE!!!!!!!

Ribeyes for dinner.......they look beautiful!
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 16:52

BF:

TRIG- I am dumb founded speechless, how horrible. I hate to say it but it would be OVER for me. Just a waste of time. I went to Charleston one time with a friend. we checked inland guess what the next day- the unexpected tropical storm/hurricane was Destin to hit Charleston square the next day. I said- OK time to pack up we are outta here. Not happening! It did hit too- I want to say it was Erma?
Anyway- if if isn't working it isn't worth the stress and stay. Always another day, another better stay. Sorry a crappy one this time. however you for the most part get great vacay!
I bet you are in route home as I type this- you don't stick around for that mess!!!!!

Lori- YAY Ribeye for dinner- yum oh yum........
So glad you are happy and tool along and adjusting to your new normal!!!!
Worked out today- steps and treadmill- my hips are already sore from 4 sets of stairs 4 up and down PER SET!!!! PAIN- huffing and puffing !!!!!!

put in a full day- then errands. It's now almost 7 and haven't stoped for 12 hours- actually I got up at 530- .....to tired to do school...... Or any work for that - matter time to RELAXE. So ya work 16 hours- relax 2 then go to bed- AWESOME
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-18, 19:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Kind of jealous of all your rain. We have had hot and humid for days and days and lawns are beginning to turn brown if you don't water them religiously. We don't. But it's supposed to rain tomorrow night, and part of Wednesday so we're hoping for that. Only takes one good rain to turn your grass green again and we just can't see the waste of water and effort.

Cool your hubby joined you on a run walk. Maybe it will inspire him to get to the point where he can keep up with you!

Jaz---I haven't finished GGTD yet, but getting closer. Hubby doesn't watch it w/me, so I'm going thru it slower, plus we have little time these days for my fave things, good TV series and books.

Sounds like you're over your latest huge hump w/school for a bit, so breath for a minute till they throw you the next one. 3 weeks you're done w/this course right? What I remember well is some college courses were organized and the professor was good and specific and even if it was work, it wasn't stressful work. Hoping your next course is like this.

Trig---Jelly fish stings and dead man in the water?!?!? This is beginning to sound like a Chevy Chase vacation. Yep, have that cocktail for sure and lower your earlobes a bit. Didn't realize you were slated to stay till Friday, that's a ways away. Wishing you a good rest of your stay, and that you find the silver lining in Myrtle Beach for the next days. Then you never have to return again.

Sure sounds like you're eating LC well and delicious, so that's something. No matter where you camp, something about cooking and eating outside is so delightful. I can still see and feel the vinyl red checked table cloth on the picnic table we used for every meal while camping. I loved those dinners, those times.

Nic---How are you doing? I realize these next weeks are going to be busy as heck for you, and there will be times you can't post. I just don't want it to be because you're suffering from a vertigo or anything else.

Huge hugs and prayers for healing from Minnesota straight to Maryland, express spiritual mail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok gals, been holding back on some big news, because we didn't know how it would all turn out.

So, last week we went to the apartments we've been looking at forever, and they have always won out over a jillion others. Believe me gals, I've done my research.

OMG, the application was SO STIFF, they have lines of people waiting, but we got first go at it because I heard about this vacancy early due to pal who lives there. I have had less stress over mortgages we've taken out.

Well, today we found out we got it!!! 2 bedroom, 2 bath very spacious for an apartment, with a screened in porch and a BIG POOL. Holy cats gals, I'm finally going to have a pool in my backyard, something I've wanted all my life.

PLUS, a totally fab work out room---OMG it will be so easy I just really hope I access it, a movie room and a party room. AND it is basically in our neighborhood and right across from a Trader Joes.

Hubby is all over putting on one of his Hawaiian shirts and heading over for an interview. Great discount on food, good hourly. A simple walk across the street for him to get there. We'll see if their part time hours are reasonable, or cramp our style and freedom---like Lori has had to experiment with.

I simply cannot tell you the joy I feel today to know where we're going. We had to take a lease starting Oct 1 to get the apartment. We are now hoping to have our house on the market by Sept 15, so hopefully we will not pay more than one month double mortgage/rent. And it will be worth it as we can move over slowly, and plenty of time for them to re-paint every room. Which, LOL, will be done. They do it for the cost of the paint, with a discount at my fave Ben Moore paint store, so I'm in heaven. They will also replace some fixtures/lights/ ceiling fans I don't love, if we supply the new ones. NO LABOR costs. Hello apartment living!

We saw the apartment and it is just right for us. On the second floor---6 floor place and although the views get more big time the higher up you go, I didn't want that. We have a dog and a love for walking out our door and finding grass and sidewalks and life. And we got just that. We are 10 feet from the elevator, and another 10 feet from being outdoors

AND, OMG gals, our views are so much like our views here. We are at the back of the complex, and look out over green knolls and trees, up to the street behind which is lined w/beautiful houses. I stood on that back porch and I could see every view we'd have in every season and knew it was just perfect for us.

I have been doing floor plans and designs for this apartment for weeks, because it was kind of necessary to know what we needed to keep, and what we needed to heave ho to live there, w/fingers crossed---but was never sure till today that we would live there.

Well, yes we will!!!!

So now to balance the excruciating work, the loss of the house we love, the money to get out of here, OMG, the money, I now have a place I know we're going and I am going to make it so beautiful and cozy. And SO FREE of how we lived before, except in the best ways.

It is going to be light and airy and with a whole lot less stuff. I NEVER want the amount of stuff we accumulated and the responsibility for this size property ever again in my life. This much, having gone thru getting out of here, I know is true.

Yeah, tell y'all, cleaning out will get you over how much you really need. We needed very little of what we've thrown out. That part of our lives is over, and it is with great relief.

So that's my story, morning glories, for today. Much to come, I'm sure. We're not there yet.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Aug-13-18 at 20:00.
Closed Thread