Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 08:29

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

I'm so glad you liked my photo There is one other picture of me doing a veil dance but you really can't see me at all. you just see a blur of color from the veil swirling.

I did quick callanetic for legs and 20 (1 mile)walk away the pounds because I felt I needed some cardio this morning.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 02:57

Plan: food combining
Stats: 150/140/120 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress:

hello beautiful dancer,well done on the callanetics and excercise.
do you go to a dance class?there isnt any where i am thats why i am learning at home,but i am good with thatI accepted it a long time ago,I just go to workshops when i can.
I am training myself to dance 2 hours a day at the moment,I just want to dance the best I can,I am 30 years old and am making up for lost time,I was amazed to find that RBee is 4 years olderthan me!!
so this is my routine for today :

* callanetics -= 1 hour
* american tribal dance - one hour

and today I got ''east coast tribal'' dvd,I watched it last night,it was amazing.
I will have a go at this for first time today,then before bed I will do 20 minutes of yoga as i missed it yesterdayt.
It sounds like alott,though over the months it has been a gradual build up.

good luck with today

love and smiles

ind
xxxxxxxxxxxx
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-07, 08:51

BF:

Indee(aka: Tribal babe)
I admire your commitment to training yourself at home. Some tape/Dvd are just as good if not better than taking a class.
I have that dvd "east coast tribal" and it's quite a workout! I've only done it once.
I usually use
Jehan's dvd ,Princess Farana's and Amira Mor. I try to do one
twice a week as I have classes twice a week I use the dvd/tape for pratice.

your sister in dance!

CC
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-24-07, 02:24

BF:
Progress:
Default tribal babe

hello my beautiful sister,I love the name you gave me ''tribal babe''thankyou so much.
when I saw your picture I thought you looked alott like a dancing princess,you are so beautiful,in fact i hope one day we can meet and dance together,I imagine we wouldnt even have to speak.

the east coast tribal ,what a challenge that is,though I was very proud of my body,I was able to make the form of the moves,not to the dramatic extent that sera did,but all the same i was very proud of my body,I am sure with regular practise It will come.

Today I am practising ATS with carolena,I realy love that.
see I figured if I practise different styles then eventually my own style will appear

classes twice a week must be so kool,i know that at the workshop it was amazing to mix with so many others who were just as obsessed with dance as me!!
what is your teacher like?
I have to admit my fave person I met was ava flemming.she is so beautiful inside and out,I imagine you would like her style?she was realy great with an audience.

well i must go get ready for my dance session.I will hold you in my heart as I dance,

always your sister in dance

tribal babe
xxxxxxx
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 11:31

BF:

thank you Tribal babe, you're a sweetheart!

Wow! You met Ava Flemming? I missed her when she came thru my area. I had to work that day. I'm bidding on her DVD on ebay
wish me luck in winning it I've heard it's kick-ass good!!

Your sister in dance,

sweetmel
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-07, 02:31

BF:
Progress:

hey there!!!oh yes it was a very humbling experiance to have breakfast with her,i love her sense of humour,she is amazingly funny

ooh best of luck with winning her dvd,ive only heard good about it.

hows the callanetics going?

hugs and smiles

ind
xxxxxxxxxx
  #22   ^
Old Tue, May-22-07, 13:59

BF:

Hi Tribal babe!

I was outbid on the Ava fleming dvd! oh well, better luck next time I guess.

How's your plan going? I was going strong but got sidetracked by a couple of
cookies that put me up 3 pounds!
but I'm back and no cookie (or ice cream) is going to stop me now!

Keep on dancin'
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-08, 15:48

Plan: Healthy Low Carb
Stats: 190/143.6/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Don't want to know
Progress: 71%

Hi - hope I can pop in here. Have either or you done the Yoga Booty Ballet? I know it's not the type of dance you like, but I think it would give you nice dancer muscles, just like Callanetics and yoga. I'm thinking of trying it.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 15:07

Plan: dirty carnivore..yeah
Stats: 203/170/160 Female 70inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

YAY! me too. Just got back from 6months in asia, where I got buns of steel from living on 5th floor....no elevator....and was worried bout keeping up fitness, so have just rediscovered callanetics, and gone back to my bellydance group. And I love a bit of yoga in the mornings.

Hi gals
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 15:08

Plan: dirty carnivore..yeah
Stats: 203/170/160 Female 70inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtballMom
Hi - hope I can pop in here. Have either or you done the Yoga Booty Ballet? I know it's not the type of dance you like, but I think it would give you nice dancer muscles, just like Callanetics and yoga. I'm thinking of trying it.

Yoga Booty ballet????

I'm gonna have to look that one up!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-25-08, 16:23

Hey - mer23 - finally someone who does Callanetics!

I haven't done the Yoga Booty Ballet much anymore - I did Ballet Conditioning for awhile but now am just working on Callanetics and cardio. I'm feeling great, but still waiting for those inches to drop off!

5 flights of stairs daily - I'll bet you look great!
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-08, 18:33

Plan: no bread,pasta,potatoes
Stats: 160/158/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi there,
I am new to the site and am thrilled to find someone who loves Callanetics too! I used it years ago, and still have the first book and the dvd along with the super callanetics dvd. I had the stomach and legs video, but can't seem to find it. I have no idea why I stopped using it. It was so effective but it was also hard. That's probably why I stopped using it. Since then I have tried the Bar Method, Lotte Berk, and just recently Fluidity. I like Fluidity because it came with a sturdy bar! But the moves are so similar to the other workouts I mentioned above. But Callan has something special over all of them. I plan to get the Evolution and Cardio dvd's, because I too would love to teach the class. Once I am back in shape. So...any suggestions as I get back into the Callanetics groove? I have a few pounds to loose and some toning to do. I will say I have been doing Fluidity and the Bar method for a few weeks and have already noticed a slight improvement in my body. I did the Callanetics 10 in 10 dvd today for the first time in a while and am feeling it now as I type...not to mention as I walk. I am 52 and won't run any more, but will walk, fast. This will be my first year not running in the Komen race, but I plan to walk. I heard that running no only wrecks your joints, but your face as well. I am looking to come up with a Callanetics and walking program. I can work out daily for as long as I want. How many days between Callanetics work outs do I need to leave for muscle recovery? In her book she says you can do it daily...I think. Any input would be appreciated. I am so glad to have found this group and I look forward to hearing from you.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-08, 08:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 206/181/135 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Welcome!
This is my first time posting on this thread but I'm glad to see someone else who has the Fluidity bar. I didn't find that workout as challenging as callanetics. I will
be returning to the 10 in 10. To me the only good thing about Fluidity is
the barre and some of the stretches. and I didn't know that about running.
I never really did it because I'm a D cup and all that bouncing is painful.
that's why I stopped doing high impact aerobics.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 06:38

Hi - wow - finally some active Callan fans!

I alternate 10 in 10 with Evolution and take the 3rd day off, or else do cardio. My boys are home from school last week so my schedule is a bit up in the air right now. Many find that doing 10 in 10 day after day makes it hard to keep in your perfect form, which is so important for these exercises. A day of rest is in order, at least for me. I also find that I do better alternating the two than using one 2 days in a row - I think they somehow work the muscles differently. Plus, I get a little bored doing the same thing over and over.

I also have Cardio Callanetics, which I've only done about 2cs. It's quite good, pretty hard for me since it constantly works the thighs. It's like the rest of Callan - deceivingly easy looking!

I've been doing Callan for about 2 months straight, along with induction-like eating (I'm trying to stay realistic with my diet with my bad attitude sometimes!), and have lost 10 lbs and one size. I'm 45, and don't push myself too much as far as jumping around exercising, and still have about 25 - 30 lbs to go.

What do you mean about running being bad for your face? I do agree that it could give your joints a beating.