Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1501   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 17:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Back- low key day. Beautiful day here but I was working. Took the pooch out a few times. They cut the grass which is nice. My pooch has been sleeping most of today. I hope he sleeps tonight! I am used to him being up and active during the day. Hope he is feeling ok.

So yes I got a "talking to yesterday" for not meeting numbers metric. However, I make 100% on my Quality Metrics......... so what are they going to do? I made 32 calls to day. It tracked all 32 as call attempts- only 3 people took my call. It is what it is.

Soup- MEH........veggies turned out mushy. I ate it. Tossed the rest!

chillin tonight------very tired!
Sponsored Links
  #1502   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-21, 04:12

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Plans for today have gone up in smoke. We were supposed to have a meeting with our financial guy, but I'm going to have to cancel. DH went to see Betty last evening and she told him that her cordless phone was not working. He went to Walmart and bought her a new one and came home to plug it in. He called me as he was unsure how/what to do. I went up and we plugged it in etc, but somethings not working. Her lifeline unit is flashing a reset light and saying that a phone is off the hook? Her new phone was charging when I left, but still saying that line is in use? I have no idea. So there she was with no phone and her lifeline unit not working. Far from ideal. So, today there are going to have to be calls made to the phone company and trying to get someone to come.Everything was working fine the night before with her phone, so we are not sure what is going on. We have to get that dealt with today. It's not as simple as just plug it in because there are wires going to a little answering machine and her lifeline unit. Nothing is ever simple, you know?

Weather has taken a dive and we're having clouds/showers and only in the 50's for many days to come. We're going to try to play golf on Sunday, we'll see. My friend's dog is having surgery today, so she may have to stick close to home this weekend to be sure he's doing ok.

That's it from here. DH's brother is stopping by this afternoon on his way to a friend's house. He'll only be here for a couple hours. He wants to stop up and see Betty since he's in the area. I made meatballs the other day and DH will be having spag tonight. Easy.

It's Friday....have a good weekend!

EDITED: Phone repair guy came to Betty's and discovered a bad wire in her basement that was the cause of her phone problems. Hallelujah! It is all fixed and her service is restored along with her Lifeline connection. I'm sure she has spent hours this afternoon on the phone with her friends.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Oct-22-21 at 13:12.
  #1503   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-21, 05:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Me again! I seem to be monopolizing the thread the last couple days.

Woke this morning to a dreary, rainy day. We may be driving about an hour to go to our youngest(12) grandson's baseball game. I really don't want to go and stand in the rain for over an hour. We'll see. Whatever DH wants to do is ok with me.

Scale is being kind to me this week. I'm feeling hungry this morning, so it'll probably be back up a bit tomorrow. If I could eat light today, I'd probably see a new low tomorrow, but I'm thinking that's not going to happen.

What's happening with everyone this weekend?
  #1504   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-21, 06:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, sending good vibes to you!!!!
enjoy DE and chill and relax....what life should be all about

Lori, cool the phone guy got Betty fixed up
you got rain, we are like a week without rain, it is nice not having dreary days here

Jazz, ya got 'a talking to' did ya
Bet you could barely control the urge to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine, but hey, keep collecting the paycheck
Makes ya feel like a damn toddler doesn't it when we are freakin' adults

-----------getting ducks more in a row

for some reason I am kinda brain dead still. Like nothing matters too much and I am in a zone of I don't give a flying furball kinda feeling....ugh.

just chugging along

hubby to work in a bit
kid hurt ankle so we got ice on it and is demanding some breakfast soon, kill me please HA

I am gonna just do whatever today

I am trying to fit it all in with my mom being here more since she can't be alone anymore and scheduling with Greg and then we are dealing with Tony's mom who is falling apart faster now also and we shop for her and do a ton of other things, you know the drill of it all, especially Lori LOL

ok over and out

but today is steak and ? maybe chick wings or something.

be good all
  #1505   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-21, 06:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Scale is up for me as well- I think mine was a little to heavy handed with ......dairy.....I tried the lactose free and though it would be fine. NO. Isn't it crazy the very thing you can't have is the very thing you crave!

So I am back to my boring dairy free life. Goat and sheep bother me too- It is what it is. It is very inflammatory anyway- not a good fit for anyones body truth be told.

I need to run to the store today, by refrigerator is BARE PICKENS!!!!
Might run to a Aldies here. It is pretty new and still clean.

Lori- Thankfully you found the cause of Betty issue! Your story Brough back a long held memory I haven't thought about in years and years. So my grandma had a "foyer/parlor" as you entered her house. She kept the only phone there PROUDLY displayed( BACK IN THE DAY!) It was a very heavy circular dail- with a cord for the hand pice. Thing is if you didn't get that hand set back in the cradle "JUST RIGHT". It would ring as busy.
BACK then I could call the operator who could listen in and determine if it was off the hook or she was on the phone. A few times I had to go put the phone on the cradle. WOW oh WOW- back in THOSE DAYS!
She was so proud she had a phone- it sat on a lace doily.

Well anyway- now we got big brother software that can pick up key words and transmit them to "powers at be"........ boy how the times have changed!

Glad you got Betty up and running!

Yea on the new low!!!!!!!!!! You really are maintaining well!!!!!!

HI NIC/TRIG- !!!!!!!!

I gotta plug in this computer speaking is tech- back later
  #1506   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-21, 15:34

BF:

We bundled up and headed out to DGS12's baseball game. I had on 3 layers plus rain coat and I was glad for every layer. So damp and dreary with on and off light rain. I was hungry all live long day and couldn't wait to get home and stuff something down my neck. Sheesh! We were lucky in that some people who had been watching an earlier game had a tarp set up and said we could sit under it while they were in between games. Score! We didn't stay for the 2nd game as we were ready to head for home.

Supposed to play golf tomorrow, but it's going to be freezing in the morning and then rain....again. Looks like we may wait and play on Monday. Golf days will be few and far between now.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!
  #1507   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-21, 17:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, friends, from lovely DE.

Jaz- Sorry the soup didn't turn out and that you had some yuckiness from dairy too. Frustrating. What had you made that was cheesy?

VERY exciting about two weeks in St Simon! Love that for you!

Lori- I'm glad Betty's electrical got worked out. Any further news from the guy interested in her property?

Definitely sounds like it has been chilly there! We had a really nice Fall but I guess it is about that time. ugh!

Trig- What happened to DD's ankle? Poor kiddo- hopefully some rest will do her good.

Sorry you are still feeling icky. I am guessing it will be a while to recover but Lord knows that is super annoying and aggravating.

Do you feel like changes in your Mom have been fairly sudden in the last year or you saw it coming? You and Tony are definitely getting the squeeze between the two parents.

••••••••

DH and I came to DE yesterday evening and will be here until Monday evening. I like a longer visit but this time we came (and are leaving) together and I'm planning on going on the GA trip but just the mountain house part with the girlfriends.

It is just so lovely here. Even the drive over. By the time we cross the Bay Bridge, we can feel our shoulders dropping along with whatever pressures we feel. I think that is partly why everyone here is so NICE. This is where people have chosen to get away from it all and with most retired, people have a slower pace. Walking, biking, fitness, pickleball, dog park-- just doing fun things seems to be the order of the day. I really do think that must be the "secret sauce" to the neighborhood.

Today I saw a white heron and a blue heron flying side by side, really low. Absolutely stunning. Later there was a cormorant in the pond in front of the house- that was my first spotting of one of those. Tons of geese flying overhead also but we see those in MD as well.

Got a good 9K steps in today plus a bit, just taking the dogs on walks etc. Tomorrow DH and I will be hanging out watching the Ravens play. He will play pickleball in the AM but that's not in the cards right now for me, unfortunately.

Oh- I got a solid hit on 156 today. Whoo hoo! I bet I will be up tmrw from eating out, but it was good to see it again!
  #1508   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-21, 05:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Nic.......I love how much you are enjoying your beach house and the community. I have a feeling you'll be spending a lot of time there....even more than you thought you would.

Jaz & Trig.....what's up?

---------

I think sitting outside in the dampness yesterday has gotten my sinuses in an uproar. I woke up in the night coughing my head off from sinus drainage and I can still feel it this morning. My friend really wants to play golf today, but I'm not really looking forward to more hours in the cold & damp. We're playing tomorrow as it's supposed to be around 70 degrees. Those days will be rare going forward.

Just as I thought, the dang scale popped up almost 2 lbs since yesterday. WTH?? I was extra hungry yesterday, but I didn't eat anything extreme. Whatever.

I think my coffee maker is getting ready to bite the big one. I have a single cup pod brewer and it is not putting out as much water as it should. Holy strong coffee! I have a new one waiting in the wings and may have to break it out.

Well, speaking of coffee.....I'm heading to the kitchen to get another cup. Fingers crossed that my friend changes her mind about golf. I hate to cancel on her, but I'm sure not feeling it this morning.

Later!
  #1509   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-21, 07:20

BF:

Good morning, Lori!

I hope you feel better quickly- sinuses tend to be worse overnight and first thing in the morning, at least for me. I hope you get your golf in but if not, goodness knows your friend cancels on you plenty!

DH literally just work up and will be playing pickleball in an hour. I will probably walk over and watch a little bit. He will be playing "the varsity" here, which are purportedly the better players. He is quite good so I want to see how he is comparatively in the group. I have no desire to play varsity at any level- I just like to whack the ball around.

The dogs and I had a good dog park morning. Bella romps some here and there and really enjoys just getting to go and socialize with other dogs. I have learned that she will let 'puppy' dogs know to get out of her face and I don't need to worry too much about that. There are a couple of more aggressive sounding dogs though that make me nervous and when they are there, even though I can see that they settle and don't cause fights, we go to the little dog side. We'll see as we go. It is such a great option every day though and good for the dogs as well as for me!

Scale popped up this morning as expected. I ate more than I should have at dinner last night and not low carb either. So fully justified on all counts.

Ravens game today at 1. DH got the new TV in place and I've got all our services up and running on it so we are good to go. So excited as things come together more and more. Lori, you are right, I do love this place and just love spending time here. DH loves it at least as much as I do if not even more. It is so good for us.

We both have leftovers from dinner out last night, so we aren't eating out tonight. Just as well. One of the fun things about being here is that we do eat out a good bit. I don't when I am here alone except on rare occasions and we also don't much at home, but one of the fun things we decided to do here is explore and rate restaurants up and down the coast. FUN! And a lot less expensive to do for two of us as opposed to six!

DS19 texted me that he is the Social Chair for his Frat now. You guys, this is huge. It's not a big frat or anything, but what is huge is that this child has ALWAYS refused any position of responsibility in a group- refused to be first chair in percussion in band, refused to be captain of a team etc- he never wanted to be in charge or take responsibility. I just cannot get over the growth I am seeing in this young man and how he is really coming into his own in so many ways. I could not be more proud of him!

Okay, have a great day ladies!
  #1510   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-21, 07:51

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!!

Lori- Sorry to hear you are not up to "snuff"- get it....SNUFF...... - sorry you know I just HAD to go there! Seriously though if it get worse I am big believer in Mussinex! It is the cure all- that and VICKS.

I get you on cold and damp- nothing worse.
About your game last night how nice of those parents to share their tarp! Ohhhhhhh I remember those days! Been there done that!

It sounds like a perfect day for Hot Beef soup!

NIC- I agree with Lori, It seems you are going to just really immerse yourself in the DE community. I know EXACTLY what you mean as far as people are just HAPPY. So St. Simon- is the same way. I was the only one working while I was there. People are there to relax and just love the beach, pool, and enjoy life! People there are always SMILING!!!!!!!!!!
I said that to my son one day- "do you notice everyone here waves and smiles"????????????- Of course! It sounds like you are in that same type of place! That is a SWEET place to be!

So are you going to be able to get into your GA place sooner that your other people get there? You said its going to be 3 of you right? Do you know the other gal?

WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT on 156!!!!!!!!!!! Girl I would be over the moon!!!!!!!!!! You and Lori have both hit maintenance land!!!!! Happy and proud of you both! You both are very active too!!!! I do think that helps! That is the one thing I am seriously lacking.

Although I am just thrilled I got by without knee surgery. So slow and go is cool with me for right now.

Trig- I am sorry you are not back to 100% just yet! You will be! I know you are going to eye roll with I say "GIVE IT TIME"!!! HAHAHAH

How is DD ankle?
Is your work complete? It will be nice to have you back and posting in your spot! We held it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am up 2 pound2 I am so close too.......... I am not shocked though. This has been a stressful week at work.
Yesterday on a call this guy call be a "white privileged B!tc$" 3 times before I hung up on him. I warned him each time to please stop the language. Then my boss who heard the entire thing including when he said I don't need the Bulls....t!!!!! Yeah I had to take that. She was upset I hung up on him.

I will not be talked to that way. I got a one page letter IN WRITING how I could have defected that. NOPE And NOPE. Instant messaged my boss I was "over today and clocking out now- 3 hours early". Last thing I saw before I click off the computer was her: WAIT WAIT WAIT STOP STOP STOP ............. Boom- I was out. I went back and pulled out corporate policy about "Abusive calls". If after given a person 3 warning we are permitted to abruptly disconnect the call.
But my manager was more concern we didn't hit our "numbers" on Friday.
She also sent out a STEP IT UP - to the entire team - NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS.

Spending today looking. You know if I wasn't almost 56, but 36- I would put in the time to start my own business. I still am not ruling it out. I just know you need a nest egg until a business takes off. Add that to the fact that you need a Web Presence, and it takes TIME to get off the ground. Time- something I do not really want to pour into a job.

I am so sorry to complain about my working issues.
I did read the fastest sector of workers that are quitting at warp speed? NURSES. I am not alone.

Ok- So I am back to being true to self. No job or situation is worth my mental happiness. I also am going myself the gift of time to get back my physical fitness.

I am going to debone my roaster chicken I made yesterday. (OMG it was SO SO good). I picked up a organic free roam chicken and made a garlic, lemon, white wine and butter basted roaster with rosemary. It was SO GOOD! Juicy and not dry. I cooked it a bit lower and a tad longer. 350/2 hours in a loose foil tent until the last 15 minutes. WOW I should have taken a pic.
I had fresh green beans and roasted Brussel sprouts in butter. YUM and yum.
Leftover. Going to debone it and make broth from the bones and freeze it for later!

So today is going to be a chicken salad over a chopped romaine salad. I will top with the cold green beans, and radishes, and cucumbers. I have an awesome cilantro ranch I like with salad.
Then I will use some of the chicken for a chili later in the week. BUDGET stretch.

Today I am going to get a walk in with pooch! Beautiful day. Brilliant sunshine and the afternoon is slated to get warm. We are in a dry period here. We get cool evenings in the 50/ and 80's in the afternoon.

Well that is it from here.
Oh yeah- I put a nix on the guy I was writing too. He only wanted a pen pal. He baulked at even calling me. PASS.......... I don't care. My expectations are low to nil on this front!

I am DECIDING today is going to be awesome.
  #1511   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-21, 09:35

BF:

We decided not to play golf today. Thank goodness. It is just raw outside...not a hint of sun and just damp. I should go for a walk to do something, but I don't see it happening. I have a bit of a sore throat and just not feeling super. Laying low sounds like the thing to do.

I fried some sausage patties for DH for the week and made him another bowl of fruit salad. That's it for me for today. Not sure what dinner will be. Probably leftovers of some sort, or maybe take out? My head is not in the game today....don't care about much but sitting under my fuzzy blanket and staying warm.

Lucky you who have warmth and sun.....I'm missing it the past few days for sure.
  #1512   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-21, 12:02

BF:

Lori- SAD FACE I know what I feel like with cold and no sun day after day after day!

I am eating some leftover chicken- I don't mind leftover if they were good first time around!!!!!!!!

TRIG- how ya doing GF!?!?!?!?

NIC- did you ever get that extra Roku TV you were looking for? I have one I can give you if interested.

So I am pulling a NIC............ I seem to remember that one year you put up your Christmas tree in Oct. I am feeling like I need some sparkle right now.

So I went to Wally World- OMG the shelves were BARE- HEADS UP on that!!!!! They had very very things left on shelves. I headed to the Christmas "cove"- yes it's there already. But hardly anything out. I was able though to get lights. I wanted to replace and refresh all my lights with LED and newer. I remember last year the lights were hot and I thought I need to replace these as half were burned out.
So to freshen it all up- I am just pitching all the old ones and replacing them. First of all I prefer LED and they are safer. I got 4 sets of 200- 1 white/1 colored/ 1 sparkling white and multi. 8 hundred lights on a 6 foot tree!
I want the scene from Griswald lighting the house! HAHAHAHAH

I am forgetting the world and putting up the tree and then will eat dinner and watch LOST. I am the only one that never caught that one first round!

So I am watching the Kitchen right now and saw a Applecider/ vodka/ fall beverage. I am already thinking how I can make that Low carb!!!!!!! Would LOVE that.

Off to did out that tree before I change my mind. hehehehe
  #1513   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-21, 03:33

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, I so feel you on the icky weather
seems like winter is just around the corner for sure...I hate it HAHA

Nothing wrong with a fuzzy blanket day!!

Jazz, omg don't say christmas tree yet....no way LOL
but yea, the lights are pretty and do give that cozy sense of making one want to smile. good score on your stuff.
For me I ain't buying 1 xmas item other than a few prez for kid...wee...got no interest at all for holidays anymore.

Nicco you in DE and enjoying those recliners.
Hope all is going ok for ya!!

--------------so still a tad brain dead. I am 'in a mood' and not snapping out of it. I am 'just being' ya know....eh, well, ain't worried, this too shall change.

especially when I hit the beach over Thanksgiving, I need to get the hell out of dodge!

all going good tho, doing this and that, nothing exciting at all

geez louise I SO need to color my hair but with all this shingles crap on my scalp and forehead (which is almost all recovered now thank goodness) I am still worried to put that crap on my head LOL but at some point, not having my hair the way I need is also dragging me down....I might just slather on that stuff and go for it today. Might be bald afterward? Nah hoping I ain't

gotta make cut appts for me and kiddo

be good all, over and out
  #1514   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-21, 06:04

BF:

Good Morning!

I feel like a new woman today! Yesterday I really felt like I was catching a bug. I started taking Umcka and today whatever it was is gone! I swear by that stuff. They are just little berry flavored tablets that you chew. I'll continue to take them today to make sure I've kicked the bug.

Heading to the golf course later, but it is cold this morning, and foggy. It should be around 60 by the time I head out. Hoping the sun comes out soon and starts warming things up.

Trig.....glad to hear your shingles rash is much improved. Be careful with hair color....it may sting! Like you, I'm just not a "Christmas" person. I don't care about decorating or any of that. Once golf season is over I would just like to crawl into a hole until Spring. Maybe I'm part bear? I just want to hibernate! All of our grandkids are teenagers, so I'll be giving them cash/gift cards and calling it a day. I'll make a "treasure" box for our daughter and daughter-in-law with all kinds of different things. I do enjoy doing those and they really like getting them. Other than that, it's gift cards all the way.

Lucky you having a trip to look forward to! I long for the day when I can go somewhere again

Jaz.....Hope you have a decent work week. I hope your boss doesn't give you grief about logging off early on Friday after that bad phone call.

Nic...Have a nice day in DE and a good drive home later today.

---------

OMG.....I ate all the wrong things and way too much yesterday. I paid for it with the number I saw on the scale this morning. OY! I'm starting a 30 day cut cycle with my Protein Priority diet group today. I'm hoping for 5 lbs during the 30 days. Lose the 5 lbs and stay at a new low. Gotta have a project to work on....you know?
  #1515   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-21, 19:04

BF:

Hey friends!

Jaz- YES! That is exactly how this community is! Some folks still working but often when they are here they are getting away from their work. And many others fully retired. All happy to be here!

Yes, we replaced the TV here in DE with a 55" TCL with built in Roku. We have the same one at home but bigger. We love it.

I'll be arriving in GA on the same flight as my friends, to and from. I know both of them.

BTW that chicken you made sounds outstanding!

Lori- Sorry you were feeling punky yesterday. Definitely sounded like a day to lay low.

I'm going to look up that medicine that you mentioned. I've never heard of it. What a strange name!

Trig- I need to make a hair appointment to and I am going to a legit salon. I don't think I will color my hair but I need to get a decent hair cut. I haven't had a good cut in a long long LONG time.

I was in a mood yesterday so I feel ya.

•••••••••

I had my usual Day Three Meltdown last night. At least I am predictable. DH and I watched the Ravens (who never even showed up for the game, WTH?) and then Dh continued watching football, and after a while it became clear that he was going to keep on watching football! Well, he doesn't have his wireless headphones up and running yet and I pretty much had to leave my recliner and go to the bedroom to get any peace to read or whatever. With my ADD I literally cannot read when there is noise or activity. Then he kept coming in the bedroom and I lost it.

Today we had a little chat about me needing a room of my own. The kids are now going to be shunted into a singular double-bunk-bed room and the other bedroom is going to be crafted into a space just for me. It was DH's idea and I think it is brilliant. The kids aren't going to be here enough to plan anything different, and we can always do air mattresses and things like that, be inventive. We decided it was silly to have two bedrooms, basically a third of the house, untouched. So now I will mull over what I want that to be like...I've never had a room of my own as an adult!

I got to go to the beach today! There were a few hours of sunny weather and around 75 degrees. Very nice! I'm waiting for DH to finish up now so we can head back to MD.. I turn around and leave Wed for ATL.

ETA- Back home in MD. Drive went well and the dogs are getting better each time. We got home around 8 PM.