Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1486   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-21, 07:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Going to try to catch up a bit now! Back home and settled after a travel day and a wedding day.

Jaz- so do the rules of your complex state that people can't smoke in their own apartment? Or just common areas? I would be surprised if the apartments themselves are actually fully smoke free although I guess it is more than possible.

I agree on the legalization of weed. My youngest, who dabbled with it in high school (and I went HAM on him whenever I found out) seems to have moved away from it in college, but his suite mates do smoke it and the SMELL is so acrid and strong. He actually hates it when they smoke outside of their rooms- their whole suite just reeks of it, even outside of the suite. I don't really understand why weed, which used to smell sweet, now reeks of skunk. Ugh!

Anyway, make sure you are very, very clear on your apartment policies before you just up and move out like that.

Lori, your day sounds much like mine, from the food planned (I am also doing meatballs and tuna salad!) to doing some wash. I'll be going to the store this afternoon as well for a few odds and ends.

Cold here too, upper 40s this morning. Should warm into a nice day though!

Tuna salad- I make mine with mayo and chopped dill pickle. I hate celery.

Trig- giving you a "hang in there" and "this too will pass." xoxox

•••••••••••

Ooo it is chilly here today! After some warm days the end of last week, we had a rainy Saturday and yesterday had some downright chilly moments! The wedding ceremony was outside in the MD hills and when that wind blew, you felt it! I had on my thin down parka and was glad for it! Switched to having a sweater on and off during the reception which was indoors. Fun wedding of DD's bestie and enjoyed the meal, celebration and dancing. Really made me look forward to DS23's wedding and hitting the dance floor! Our side of the family hits it hard and has a great time.

Back in the MD saddle today. Not much cleaning to do here bc the dogs were with me all last week, so there isn't a bunch of dog hair etc to deal with. A load of laundry or two and a few odds and ends from the grocery should do it. I want to walk the dogs too- I get a ton of steps in while we are in DE and here I just don't get in nearly as many.

Have a bloodwork appt tmrw and a Dr appt on Friday. My body has been doing some weird things and hopefully we can figure out what is going on with it.

Oh, also, not sure what is happening with my planned ATL trip. My youngest nephew tested + last Thursday so my brother is getting tested, and then we have to figure out next steps. I was so looking forward to spending time with him. Ugh, did not want another visit to my Mom's on my own! We'll see what develops I guess.

Hugs!
Sponsored Links
  #1487   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-21, 08:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Nic.....I'm with you on celery.....blech! It is just SO bitter to me. I can eat it if it's finally chopped in something, but I don't use it. I actually buy premade white albacore tuna salad from our local deli. It is too "wet", so I add a big can of white albacore to it and mix it up. So easy and I love the dill or whatever they use in the deli tuna salad. Gabby loves tuna salad day as she gets some of the water I drain off the can of tuna along with some tasty morsels. She goes nuts!

I love dancing at weddings and I'm usually one of the first ones out on the floor. If they play the twist...all bets are off......I love it! We have a wedding to go to next fall and I'm already anxious for it!

Jaz......sorry about the smokies downstairs and how it wafts into your apartment. Not good. At my sister's apartment complex, smoking is not allowed inside the apartments or even on their balconies. They have a designated smoking bench in a corner of the grounds and that is the only place it is allowed. They have one of those poles for disposing of the butts right by the bench. Hope you get it resolved.

I have all my chores done except making dinner this afternoon. I'll let the beef cubes simmer in broth a good long time and then throw in the noodles and make mashed potatoes. DH will be in heaven.

Still haven't heard from my mechanic. Maybe they haven't looked at it yet. I was hoping it would be done this morning so I could set off on my walk to go get it, but nope. I can always have DH drop me off to pick it up, but was planning to walk. EDITED: Mechanic just called. Tires passed inspection, so I'll probably hold off until Spring/Summer. I don't travel in bad weather, so they'll get me thru the Winter.

DH goes to CVS for his flu shot at 1. Betty's visiting nurse will arrange for hers to be brought to the house along with her Covid booster.

Ok....bed changed and towels spinning in the dryer. It's been a productive morning!
  #1488   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-21, 17:38

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- great news on those tires! I would hold off too! If something isn't broken don't fix it. Funny how you ADD tuna to premade tuna! How frekin EASY is that!!!!!!

Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row with Betty! That entire situation is really working out.
Hoping you get a goo game in tomorrow!!!!!!!!

NIC- glad to hear you are home and tucked in and doing ok! I love you are looking forward to DS Wedding! I am too excited for that wedding!

UrghhhhhHh on nephew being + Covid! Urghhhhh Did he get vaccine? These break though cases are scary.
I am hopeful you can get it worked out. I don't like to be in situations with family situations (my mom) without boundaries either. I feel ya. Maybe you can postpone that visit for a minute!

How is the girls weekend working out? All still a green light?

Trig-
Hiya
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To answer the question we all had to sign a addended we are non smoker and will not smoke ANYWHERE on the premises of we can be edited without notice. PERIOD.

So when I went to the office today to discuss my letter, I was told that yes yes and yes- IF CAUGHT. So I said well- then truly it is a free pass and means nothing. She kept asking me to call the police which I said I am not doing I want them to enforce there policy they put in writing.
We are at an impass.

I love it here and have given it some thought. We are about to get into cooler air and they won't be smoking ( I am assuming) on the patio and my windows will not be just open.
Soooooooooo ........ I will live and let live and shut up. there are bigger battles. AS much as I hate the smell it is not the end of the world if someone smokes weed and I smell it here and there, as much as it smells like a dead skunk. I agree why does it smell like that?
The smell has changed in 20 years......... So I was told.....hahahahah

I was SO SO SO hungry today and ate an aura bowl of strawberries, I am done buying fruit. TO TO much craving now. Time to pull in those reins while I am still ahead and not going sideways.

Time to pull it in... and keep it clean.

Today I still didn't make "quota". I ended up taking more time with this guy who had Tramatic brain injury due to being injured in the war due to a land mine. He spoke so slow but so precise. Bless him. He needed some real help. So I did. Real patriot. Did what needed to happen. I did the right thing.

Thinking bubble bath and glass of wine, might light a candle.
Still chatting up my two guys- one I am about to let go due to distance...... maybe. He is the cutie of the two.

All good- Taking lemons and making lemon aide and just doing life right now. It good- truly if we take the time to see the good.

Going to hang tonight and regroup
  #1489   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-21, 05:23

BF:

Good Morning!

Up too early, but was ready. Slept well in freshly made up bed with flannel sheets...ahhhh. So cozy.

Heading to the golf course around 10:30. Sun should be shining and hopefully it'll be in the 50's near 60 by then. Only 40 right now. Brrr......I guess the wind will be blowing a bit, which is not ideal, but it is what it is.

DH will be having leftover BBQ ribs and mac salad and baked beans for dinner. Easy.

I've joined Thrive Market and get my first order today. I'm getting some frozen raw shrimp and am dying to have some. I've read a couple ways to prepare them.....hoping they taste as good as they sound. I also ordered a few other frozen items(not all terribly good for me.....um....pot stickers?). I'm also getting some pantry staples like Olive Oil infused with garlic, spag sauce, etc. etc. I hope I like the service as I've joined for a year. They have thousands of items. I've canceled my prepared food service. I liked most of the meals, but did not like some of the ingredients, seed oils etc. It was nice having a calorie controlled meal for myself, but I'll have more time this winter to putter around the kitchen and cook for myself. I eat so simply, that it will be easy.

My beef noodle soup turned out SO good yesterday. I ate a small helping and still lost 1/2 lb yesterday. Whew! DH took some up to Betty and she liked it too. I had to whiz the beef chunks up in my little food processor for her as she has trouble chewing and swallowing big pieces of meat. It worked perfectly.

Miss Gabby is sitting on my kitchen windowsill staring at me.....that means she wants in. She goes in and out about 5 times every morning. She'll eat a few bites and then want right back out. This is my life.

Ok....maybe I'll take a nap before getting ready for golf. If I'd just learn to stay in bed longer in the morning, I wouldn't get sleepy again by 8AM.

Have good days!
  #1490   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-21, 16:57

BF:

Goodness me and you Lori? Here I was afraid posting so late. Woke up late and have been behind the 8 ball all day.

shortie here today and hopefully can get my crap together so tomorrow is smoother!

Just work and more work. I have an interview that after thinking about it no t interested. It would involve me going into peoples homes all over Savannah in the hight of just nasty- no thank you. It was for a manager job- little did I know it involved home visits. I have NO DESIRE to DO that right now.

I need to cancel that.

relaxing as today has been a bit stressful.

Till tomorrow!!!!!!!! Better post'
  #1491   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 04:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

just saying fast HI to all

getting all my ducks in a row and things are progressing in a good manner, still sucks tho LOL

but life craps on all of us at some point

just putting a dot down for later.......be good all
  #1492   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 05:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig....So good to see a dot from you! I've been thinking about you and wondering how things are going. I'm glad to read that things are progressing and you're getting the mess cleaned up. What a pain in the a$$!!

Jaz...Sounds like you had a typical Monday.....ARGHH!! I'm glad you decided against taking a job with home visits. It sure doesn't sound ideal.

Nic.....Hope all is well with you.

--------

I stayed in bed until almost 7 this morning! What?? DH got up way early, but I stayed snuggled in the fuzzy sheets. Ahhh.....

I'm going to make a quick trip to the grocery store for some things that DH needs before time for golf. I'm meeting one of my friends at 10:45 this morning. It's not quite as cold this morning, but it was nice starting later yesterday when it was a bit warmer. It was a beautiful day despite a brisk north wind.

Scale was down a bit this morning even though I didn't eat that well yesterday. I had 2 lite beers on the golf course and when I got home I had some chips and salsa that came in my Thrive box....so freakin' good. I was sure the extra carbs would have the scale popping up. My body is so weird....sometimes in a good way! Maybe the gain will show up in a day or 2? I'm just looking back at my Libra weight tracker app and it shows that I've lost 8.5 lbs in 2021. Interesting to look back on the year.

Ok....I guess I'd better get myself moving. It's nice having the morning to ease into my day and then get to play in the afternoon. Have a good one!
  #1493   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 06:20

BF:

Hey TRIG!!!! Glad to know your work is getting done the way you need it!!!! We are here when you are!!

Stay strong- stay on track!

Lori- You up and hitting the course? You have an early TEE time! It is 48 here. I wonder what it is there? You are the early bird for sure!
That was great news about your tires! Maybe Santa will drop tires under your tree! That would be sweet! Speaking of Christmas I heard we need to shop early!

NIC- Howdy HO! Speaking of Christmas- have you thought about the holidays and your houses. HOW MUCH fun it will be to decorate that new digs of yours!
Are you gearing up for your trip? Have you decided about seeing your bro? Updates on that!
Is DS coming home for holiday?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I MUST have the holidays on my brain because for the first time I am cold walking the dog. I woke up to 48 degrees. However, it is going to shoot right back up mid 80's for the rest of the week.

Speaking of Christmas again- I keep hearing we have to get our "stuff" earlier this year due to the supply chain. Mine is going to be an easy shop this year. I decided I am getting ALL the kids new pajama's and socks. I thought it would be fun to get my kids matching pj's. They would LOVE that. I am even going to match my son as well! Truly fun.

I will get my mother something- maybe a gift card. She likes to sew. I also get her a Lang calendar yearly and have for years. Even last year when we weren't speaking I still sent her a calendar.
Lang does make the BEST calendars.

Sooooooooo the dating is coming along very nicely. I am getting to know a sweet guy in a very charming way. We have been exchanging letters for the last month that have been getting longer and longer.
He is working full time and told me upfront when we first started corresponding that his next 3 weeks were already booked. He stated he was not expecting me this quick.
So until we actually meet in 2 weeks we are writing. I finally gave him my phone number last night.

You know I have never met someone this way. I am pretty fast in meeting and dumping dudes pretty fast. I am actually getting to know him through his writing. Add covid to the mix people are getting creative. It is a much slower getting to know somebody on a deeper way I think. I think that you might write something before you say it. It is just easier in some ways too!
All that to say we are thinking how and when we are going to meet. Even though I already quite a bit about him. He is here in Savannah and has a pretty high profile job- so that is that.

So....... with the potential of a meeting soon- guess who wants to drop 50 pounds in a week! Although I did tell him I have lost 20 and working on my next 20 and it didn't phase him a bit. He stated my pictures looked "proportioned", followed by "you have an exotic look" what is your ethnicity? can you say mutt!!!!!!

Holding my low........ I busted out my free weights to take to "work" and use while I am on the phones. I also have a goal to move 1/2 my 8 hours- not sitting.
Cancelled the interview for the manager job. What manager go to the homes????? I have been in some pretty dirty, bug crawling Nast dwellings. No desire to go back to that- especially in Savannah. There are some really rough parts. Getto there is very Getto!!!!

Well need to take out pooch. He is happily chewing on a pig ear right now- NOD to TRIG!!!!
He has a grooming appointment to get his nails cut after work. going to be a BEAUTIFUL day here today!
I will get my 30 minutes in on my lunch hour.

Back later gators
  #1494   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 07:37

BF:

Jaz- I think you are making a good decision to just stay put with your housing for now. Moving is such a hassle and there are costs involved and not just financial!

Your dude sounds like a good prospect thus far! I like the slow way of getting to know one another. Keep us posted on that!

Lori- I know Thrive Market is very popular but haven't ordered from there. Have you tried the shrimp yet? I usually get my shrimp from Costco. Crab too!

I'm glad your beef soup came out well. I love soup so much. I need to make some in a week or two!

Trig- Glad things are getting settled. Such a pain in the arse!

•••••••••••

Things are going okay here. Blood draw was yesterday and Dr appt on Friday. Met friends for dinner last night and that was nice.

Canceled the ATL part of my trip since Bro can't go - he tested negative but no sense taking chances around old folks. I'd rather wait until he can go.

I'm currently still on for the Blue Ridge portion of the trip but we'll see how the Dr appt goes on Friday. If I go then that will be Wed the 27th. I have a dentist appt for Thursday so getting all the medical stuff done this week apparently.

DH and I might go to DE for the weekend. I prefer a longer trip than than just 2-3 days but he was going to go anyway.. we'll see.

Fairly quiet day on tap today which I'm fine with. Gonna vacuum, do some reading, get my steps in- that kind of thing.
  #1495   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 08:22

BF:

Nic.....The shrimp will arrive today. I hope I like it. I'm not sure where it is farmed from. I shy away from the grocery store frozen shrimp as it is from Viet Nam and/or China and I have heard that they are raised in less than ideal conditions. It's possible that these are from the same area....we'll see. I didn't take time to research it before I ordered.

Well, time to get my golf shoes on and head out the door. Later!
  #1496   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 15:16

BF:

Nic- yeah I would be cancelling the ATL. leg of that journey without your bro! Blessing he is -!!!! He still needs to keep a eye on that as his son is +.

DE- New house - I would go if even for a couple days. Yea you bet. It takes you no time to jump in the car and half your stuff already there! WIN/WIN!

Love you are having some down time and relaxing before your guys weekend.

Lori- I am so funny about my shrimp as well....... let me ask you a question. Is it just me or does Shrimp TASTE different since Fukushima? I swear the shrimp taste like dirty garbage. I like the UAS gulf or GA shrimp! I get that GA. However that requires alot of cleaning! URGHHHHHHHH

I am thinking about ordering from that farm to table place- but I also have the meat man around the corner!

Trig- hope your work is coming to a close in good order.
-------------------------------------------------------
My vet canceled the appointment for Rugar this afternoon from some kind of water leak they had and needed to close early.

well............ gotta run.....on track

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Oct-20-21 at 17:20.
  #1497   ^
Old Wed, Oct-20-21, 18:36

BF:

Well, the shrimp were less than yummy. Part of it was my fault as I over cooked them while I was trying to make other stuff. I don't think I'll be ordering them again. I'll just buy the bigger ones at the grocery store even if they are from China or whatever. Or.......just stick to beef & chicken! Sigh... The chicken pot stickers were good, but they stuck to the pan I tried to make them in and some of them came apart. They were tasty though.

Had fun on the golf course today. Supposed to play tomorrow too. The weather was so gorgeous today. Sunny & warm.

See you in the morning!
  #1498   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 04:25

BF:

Good Morning!

Another day on the golf course for me. The weatherman says this will be our last 70 degree day of the year. The long, cold Winter is looming large in front of me. Yesterday it was so beautiful.....we were actually hot! Bright sun and no wind to speak of. Mid 70's. Much the same for today, I think.

I'm hoping my friend doesn't cancel on me, but she has an old dog(11) that is having issues. She took off golf yesterday to take him to the Vet. He has an open abscess and now has to have surgery to do a biopsy. It may be cancer as he's lost 6 lbs in the past 2 weeks. He's a big dog, but 6 pounds? My friend will be devastated when he passes. She has 2 dogs and they are her babies. She's never married and they are basically her family. She's spent a couple thousand $$ on him the past few months between a bad tooth and removal of some fatty tumors. You do what you have to do with the furbabies.

I'm not sure what I'm going to eat today. After last night's dinner debacle, I'm kind of feeling "off". I think I'll eat some Greek yogurt this morning with choc collagen powder stirred in for some extra protein. Maybe a sprinkle of granola that I got in my Taste Crate box this month. I may eat that same thing for dinner tonight. Tummy feels like it needs a break.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have good days!
  #1499   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 07:31

BF:

Hey peeps!

Lori- Bummer on the shrimp and the pot stickers, especially the shrimp. I had some really yummy potstickers on Tuesday night- they are so good when they are done right. I hope your tummy feels better and you have a good day of golf!

Jaz- I can't speak to shrimp in general but the best shrimp that I have had by far is from Costco. I buy the large ones, frozen, cleaned and raw with the tail on, and then cook them. Very very tasty.

Trig- Hope you are able to check in soon, and things are calming down!

Quiet day planned here today. A little walking but my feet aren't up to a long one today, at least I don't think so. We'll see how the day goes. It is a nice warm day at 76 for a high though so I don't want to just let it pass me by.

I thought I had a dentist appt this week but it is NEXT Thursday instead.

Literally nothing else to report!
  #1500   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-21, 07:58

BF:

Lori- Your story about your friend and her fur baby made me melt. I do know what it is like to be single and your four footed fur baby is your baby! Sigh.... they just have a way to from their way in don't they?

Hope you have a grand day with your game! Love it while you can and the weather holds for ya. You will be shoveling snow before you know it!!!!!!!!

NIC-
- so if you cancelled with your mom- do you still have a flight down in ATL and going to blow off a few days before you can get in the cabin and meet up with your gal pals?

Cool- too you are going to spend the weekend in DE- beaching.

TRIG- - looking for a post any time know. Hoping things settled and you are able to get back on track here!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Just working. Got up early today though and was able to get my 30 minutes in as the sun came up. Truly beautiful here!!!!!

I have been listening to a You tube channel from on of the Shark Tank guys. It is SO SO SO interesting to her how he got his start. He also have great information for people trying to start their businesses. I love listening to how successful people got their start! So motivating!

So I am needing a gut / low carb/low calorie. I am making a veggie soup and tossing in left over chicken and a few bags of veggies from my freezer and a can of tomatoes and that will be that. I can eat on that for today and tomorrow- it always makes so much.

I am up a pound! IE........ low calorie/carb/light today. - want to knock it off.
Might toss in collagen when I serve it up for protein or toss in an egg, nothing fancy!

Well I booked 2 weeks in a condo in Nov. in St. Simon. I know the manager there as I stay there all the time. She gave me a great deal. My son is coming for about a week. I will be working still while there until the day before Thanksgiving.

Well gotta run - back later.