Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1426   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-21, 14:04

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- you are such a dear to Betty! Have a cup of coffee it will give you a perk!

glad you got your game and walk in. Got mine in- check.

Dinner revision- back BBQ chicken served sliced on romaine. I found these wine "Breeze". They are half the alcohol/ 3 carbs and 80 calories. Score.

raining here............. its ok- I will be browsing on Indeed anyway.

Lator gators
Sponsored Links
  #1427   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-21, 03:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

darn, you guys are all doing so well.

Lori, big golfing and then home to walk...energizer bunny for sure
early morning catching you and now you need a nap....too funny but I hear you. Hubby's 4:30am alarm woke me....long day too

Jazz, cool on online guy...be interesting to see if anything goes down but of course your low expectations make it all easy to handle HAHA

Your dog. Put that darn dog on 1 food only. 1 food only and keep him there, dogs as much as we wanna feed them it all, they do best on 1 meal. Pick it, feed it consistently. Might make big diff on this puking for you guys

Nicco enjoy your vacay home. And your rocking out your eating plan for sure!

You are buying me a recliner also right? one for K to come and hang out at the beach

-----------------you guys had me laughing, the aunties want to know what goes down with kid, Jazz has me on recon and camo manuvers, Nicco for sure knows I was a spooked rabbit and on freeze mode LOL

kid is now yammering all about SATs coming and this and that.....shocked again this morn. wow....but doing recon and see what scraps of any info I can get.

today is steak and burgers

today is not much.
this and that and just get thru the rainy type gray day out there.

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Oct-07-21 at 05:14.
  #1428   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-21, 04:26

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

DH & I were both up way early again this morning. What on earth is wrong with us? Even Gabby was still asleep when we got up!

Today we have to go to DH's derm Dr. appt, which is 1/2 hour drive. After that he'll go back to his part-time job to mow etc. and I'll come home to get my walk in and do some cooking. I have some burger to fry up and make some chili and then I'm making tenderloin steaks for dinner. I'm also heading to the grocery store soon to get that over with. I'm back to mask wearing in the store to avoid colds and flu. It was nice last year not having so much as a sniffle of a cold. I credit the mask wearing and avoiding people for the most part.

DH had a nice afternoon with the grandsons and got the oldest to the airport without incident. He enjoyed it, but was a tired boy when he got home. We were both in bed at 9 last night. No wonder we're ready to get up at 4!

Trig....Funny how DD has been a "Chatty Cathy" in the mornings. I'm sure you were stunned! I remember the days of a teenage daughter and the one word answers and "grunts".

Ok....I need more coffee and I'd better get a bite to eat before hitting the grocery store, or I'll buy everything in sight!

Have good days!
  #1429   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-21, 09:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Good morning, all!

Trig- Wow, the DD is talking away! ENJOY!! It may stay or it may be fleeting. Take it all in! Sounds like she is much happier in general this school year, which is great.

There are two recliners so I'll share one with you when DH isn't here!

Jaz- Very nice that you have met someone online that you are communicating with. Hopefully you two gel and can meet in person, and you like each other. At the very least perhaps a friend, if not more!

I thought I saw a different post from you but now I can't find it. I didn't even get to read it! Maybe it is being edited or something.

Lori- With the 30 minute daily walk and your other steps/activities you must be doing so well on your movement! Good for you!

So sweet how you are taking care of Betty, as you and DH do. Love it.

I was in bed early last night too. Not asleep but at least in bed!

•••••••••••

Things are going fine here. I loved it here before but I am really starting to get into a groove now and it feels awesome. I really like the neighborhood and just get such a sense of peace being here. I'm here for a week and Dh joins me in a couple of days.

Sophie is doing all kinds of old-dog stuff, bless her. Walking around confused (not just here, at home too), peeing or crapping on the sidewalk instead of in the grass, and today peeing on the screened in porch. The groomer commented that she was walking in circles and seeming confused last time she was there too. She is coming up on 14 and isn't a little dog, so I know the time is coming sooner rather than later.

Woke up early this morning, before 6 which for me is utterly ridiculous and I hate it. Then the dogs were like "It's 6:30! Shards of light! We hear dump trucks! Time to get up!!" At home they sleep on the main level so we get up when we want to get up. Sooner or later I may be kicking their asses out to the main room at night if this malarkey keeps up.

Anyway, got up, took them for a walk, fed them, then sat out on the screened porch and got some stuff done. I love that morning porch time. It's my fave! Then a work guy came and got the stuff done that was on the punch list. Now I am going to get ready to pack up and go to the beach for a bit, then on to run an errand. Tomorrow is Day One of my three day NoBS Camp and also Recliner Delivery Day. Unfortunately right during day one of camp!

That's about all from here. Sunny and gorgeous!
  #1430   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-21, 09:50

BF:

Lori grunts is all I am used to and then she switched more to SHHH mom you talk too much LOL and now it is chatty on her side and like you guys, I am scared now to say anything literally and I am a say person LOL

omg kill me HAHA

we are pouring here so glad your DH got his mow being done, our weather comes your way usually

Nicco yea school and human interaction has changed things with age of course....help HAHA

Your Spohie sounds like my collie Reggie. Stroke. Small strokes that you don't see something but is parazlizing to some form and changes behavior. Unless MRI brain etc we don't know til he was walking in circles, out of it, walked straight into the side of the pool and I saw it.....didn't wanna accept it but I saw it as we all gotta do. He couldn't drink water unless I held the bowl to his face where his tongue might get it, cooked big steaks and no eating and he withered til I made that call. So I am super sad it is going down for you now but made amends with what it is all about is all I can say. rought stuff on us and them but at some point I saw big quality life issues and worse to come so I called it...damn hard thing to do from my dogs to my cats to my horses. ugh

----------raining big time here
pouring with those monster big house hitting slams LOL
I kinda like it, give me some big thunder or lightening or go away
  #1431   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-21, 12:27

BF:

30 minute walk......Check! No rain here, just clouds and in and out sun.

DH's Dr. appt went well(skin cancer check), and we were in an out quickly. I came home and put some bacon in the oven and made some tuna salad. I had a light lunch and then headed out on my walk. I haven't made the chili yet, may put that off until tomorrow after golf.

Nic.....I love the sound of coffee on the screened porch! I would be all over that.

I'm sorry to hear about Sophie and her "old dog" behavior. It reminds me of the cat I had before Gabby. She lived until 18, but exhibited kind of the same symptoms as your Sophie. Bathroom accidents, confusion etc. It's sad to watch, I know.

Anxious for my tenderloin steak for dinner. Yum!
  #1432   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-21, 19:47

BF:

OMG I didn't post.....lots to say ----- Tomorrow

EDIT In my defense I lost power for 3 hours this morning and 2 hours this evening ....... sucked
  #1433   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 05:00

BF:

Lori, glad DH had easy appt

you got rain now right? We sure do
gray icky misty rainy and just SO BLAH and here for a bit..ugh

Jazz....your dots, ok you, start typing some LOL
lost power? wild. no issues here but icky day for sure

Nicco....I want a screened in porch. My next house is gonna have a small 3 season room for sure...with screens and windows and I wanna have options on it ya know, maybe those 'open the entire wall of windows' to the outside kinda thing....not sure what I will settle on but darn I am having a room like that HA
I bet you are just loving your place!!

----------boring here

off to pharmacy for dog meds
then fast hit to store, kid wants a beef stew in a crockpot today
then home to do a few small things

head zingers getting lower. eye is wonky and hurts a bit but better and head bumps and nasty little scabs and all are annoying but improving alot....so....just more time to wait on it thru I guess, but all on the better mend still

hubby working
kid to school chatting like a chatterbox....I still say WTH? Still in shock of it all LOL says she needs 'color' now so we have to shop for some shirts with color...all she has is black ts LOL omg shoot me here....now momma will pay the piper in bucks for clothes and more but darn she held out a long time so I think I got away cheap so far...heehee

can't color hair yet.....holy cow on that one. but I swear my gray roots are darker? Many say on carnivore your gray hair darkens a bit back so? could this be me, I don't know but looks icky without coloring still to me but worried to put that on my scalp just yet...ugh

so nothing doing, just being....be good everyone
  #1434   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 05:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Tired & headachy this morning. DH got up just after 4 and I was able to fall asleep until nearly 5:30 when Gabby decided she wanted her "Mommy" to get up. I asked DH why he didn't feed her and he said he never saw her. She didn't ask him for breakfast.....just came and got me up. Gotta love her!

I have to be honest. I'm not sure I'll get my 30 minute walk in today. We'll see. I was going to try to do it this morning before golf, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm drinking a bottle of electrolyte water to try to get rid of the headache. Maybe if I come home and rest a bit I'll be able to walk later. The other day I went out as soon as I got home and my upper back was killing me. Just super tired. I'm getting old! I will really try to get the 30 minutes in, even if I do it this evening. I don't want to wimp out on my challenge already!

Our tenderloins steaks last night were so, so good. We may have chili tonight or we may get take out. Depends on my mood and level of exhaustion.

Our tee time is a bit later today, so I have a few extra minutes to putter around this morning. Mass quantities of coffee & water......headache is starting to fade. It is foggy outside so that means the grass at the course will be sopping wet. I don't like my "wet" shoes, but I have no choice. In the market for new waterproof golf shoes, but the good ones are mega $$$.

Ok.....time for some breakfast. Hope it peps me up.

Be good!
  #1435   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 06:13

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!! talk about Chatty group yesterday!

Nic- Save a recliner for ME TOO!!!!! No..... I would be out on your screened porch! I just LOVE those! Like Trig- my next place that is a must!
I am sorry to hear about your Sophie- maybe UTI? Has she seen a vet lately? I can't even write about putting a dog down. What a heart break. I don't even remember much of the month after Bella I was completely shattered. My dogs are like my kids to me! That precious, as I am sure they are for you! HUGS and More HUGS.

I love to hear you are getting into a groove and you love it there. I am so thrilled for you! Are you cooking in the brand new kitchen? I think it is just perfect as you and the hubby transition to empty nesting. It starts a NEW CHAPTER! I just LOVE it for you!
No I having edited or removed any posts lately. Hard to say where the LOST Posts go!!!!!!!

Lori- Urghhhhhhh hate getting up early. You did so before the cat which is funny. I woke up with a headache today as well!!!!
Yup- I am not sure about the walk. Like you it will depend on how I am feeling. Coffee isn't kicking it this morning.

Good luck on your game today. Hopefully you will feel better! Try Dicks- I was there 2 days ago. Everything is on sale right now, maybe you can find some shoes on clearance.

Trig- You just have me ROLLING with that kiddo of yours. Yup the Aunties want to know............ Is she wearing lipstick yet? Are they masking in school?

DO NOT COLOR YET!!!!! Your "scab" will forever be that color! Plus don't pick them either or they will scar. I know it's very tempting! Just wait it out a little bit longer!!!!!!
Glad to hear you are mending though.

Yum on the beef stew. You can eat that if you pick out the meat! Give the kiddo and hubby all the carrots and taters. It will make your house smell SO good.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I lost the 2 pounds up and 2 more after that! Which brings me to an even 20 pounds down. That line is just RIGHT there for the taking!!!!! I am going to DO it soon! I may inch my way there but it will happen. TRUST ME YOU WILL HEAR ME SCREAMING when it happens!!!!!! It has been way to long! I'm not a line backer!
Then I plan to lose in 10 pound chunks X 4.

So yesterday I lost power for most of the day. I lost it while I was taking a bubble bath about 930. It was out for about 3 hours. then it flicked on and lost it again while I was TRYING to make dinner at 5. Thankfully everything got cooked, seriously as I was taking it off the stove power went out.
So I sat on the patio with pup and we ate.

I have a Dr. Appt this morning at 930 so I need to cut this short. Thinking about sucking it up and getting my flu shot today.
I will get the not to go back to work. I am dreading it. But I need to keep the lights on and that is that.

Yesterday was the fist time since I fell that I did not think about or "feel" my knees. YAY - making progress. I think eventually it will truly heal up. I was reading a tear can take MONTHS.

Cloudy and going to rain. Just gross out. -

Back later!
  #1436   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 08:11

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Lori, sorry you are feeling under the weather today, Hon! I understand wanting to do the challenge and support you in that but listen to your body too. There are no medals to be had, ya know!

Gabby behaved EXACTLY like children do. I swear my husband could have been right in the room with the kids and they would yell MOM!! I was like, WTH you have two parents and ONE IS RIGHT THERE. lol

I'm glad your steaks were so good! I almost hate to order steak out anymore bc the upcharge is RIDICULOUS and I can make them just as well if not better.

Jaz- Yeah, I really don't think it is a UTI, I think it is old age. Sophie is coming up on 14 and being a 50 pound dog (at one time, on average) she is really hitting the end of her time, realistically. Of course it is not easy, not at all, and I will be so sad. But she has had such a good life with us. I remember going to the shelter weekly for months and then there she was. Terrified, sad but with the kindest, most gentle eyes. Good thing I had no idea of her shedding capabilities- OMG!

So, so great on the weight loss!! Seriously!! I asked before, do you know why you suddenly started losing? Can you pinpoint what changed or what you might have done differently? Do you think it has to do with walking Ruger, or the stairs, or both? Or some other change you made? I am so curious but absolutely thrilled for you!

Trig- I am utterly delighted (god such an old woman word but it truly fits) hearing these stories about your DD. Now that I don't have kiddos at home it really is fun to hear about someone else's day in-day out with a teen. RIDE THAT WAVE AS LONG AS SHE'LL LET YOU!! To me it sounds like she is just really, really happy in her skin right now, you know? Which we all know makes a Mama's heart really, really glad.

I'm really glad you are getting better, although it taking a hot minute, bless your heart. You have been through it and I hope it never comes back!

Yes, we are getting close to that point with Sophie. She is still a happy girl, so it's tough, but daily I am seeing her struggle- dragging paws, walking into things, pooping-while-walking LOL

Screened porch- I LOVE IT. Bella and I also did some front porch sitting yesterday evening, then back on the screened porch for the sunset. I'm working on training Bella to stay on the front porch while I am sitting there and to not wander. Sophie doesn't get to play a part in this because she can't hear and can't see well- difficult to train her that way. She did make a good walk today though- we tried to go to the dog park but there is a golden retriever puppy, about 10 months or so, that Bella is not fond of because he jumps all in her face as puppies do. We will get used to him but with both the dogs, it was too much and I just bypassed it today.

Anyway, back to the screened porch. If we expand the back I want to make the screened porch bigger and/or make it a three season room so I can use it most of the year. I am in love with it! Then also have a patio area as well, probably.

So I've worked most of what I would have said into this post. I had a GLORIOUS day yesterday with amazing beach weather, late lunch at Big Fish at 4, and lots of time outside. I may extend my visit here an extra day or two as DH will be in Annapolis with his parents and the weather looks perfect for beach days next week. I won't get out there the next couple of days bc of this camp thing I'm doing.

The recliners look like they will be delivered right when camp is starting, unfortunately, but that should be the only major interruption of the day. Fingers crossed!
  #1437   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 13:23

BF:

NIC- You sound super happy in your happy ZONE! Nothing like it is there!?!??!?-

Oh you had lunch in MY spot!!!!!!! JELLY!!!!!!!!!
Girl my butt would be parked there for a WHILE!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Appt went ok. I was a bit annoyed for once again having to SIT for over an hour before someone came back to see me.

Rained hard here today and it looks like that is it for a bit. I Put my jammies back on as I am feel a bit tired. Headache gone but just sorta tired, butt dragging.

I sent my boss a email that I am good to come back to work Monday and......... it keeps the lights on.

Today was my chicken parm and I over cooked the chicken. It was dry. There is a delicate balance for YUM and WHAT IS THIS ???LOLOLOL
I ate it. I will call it a day for food. There will be another meal tomorrow. You know that is what I tell myself when I feel like I didn't get what I wanted. Rather than eat again I say "There is another meal coming" You have eaten.......... yup- and done for day!

Going to put clothes in dryer and load dish washer and chill-

didn't make the 30 minute walk today. - Tomorrow is another day.
All good
  #1438   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 13:48

BF:

I swear I am the most bull-headed, stubborn woman on the planet! I had a rotten day on the golf course, wet conditions, didn't play well etc. I told myself that there was no way I was going to walk when I got home. Yea.....I came home and put on my walking shoes and did it. Now I'm showered and down for the count. I especially wanted to do the walk to burn off the beer I drank after our round. It was not a lite beer and heavy in calories. OY!

DH is going to go take dinner to Betty and then he's going to our son's to drop off some firewood or something, so he'll just eat something out of the fridge when he gets home. I'll have a couple hours of peace & quiet. I hope I sleep well as I'm back on the golf course tomorrow. Glutton for punishment!

Sorry no personals.....just don't have it in me today. Have a good evening all.
  #1439   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-21, 04:19

BF:

Lori, stubborn and walked. Love that. I think it was your regular beer that made ya do it HA

more wet golf probably? you best be buying those waterproof shoes soon....hubby loved his golf shoes for sure, waterproof of course too LOL cause the guys would do their golf club so early, the ground would always have dew so he wanted dry good feet at all times.....with your golfing amt, yes, treat yourself this Xmas to new golf shoes for you

Jaz WOOT WOOT you are rocking it. Your new beach life is what ya needed Change that gets ya motivated and doing for your health....cool

glad your knees are on the improve. time sure does heal alot for us.

back to work monday....enjoy this weekend any way you can. Dont' worry on work, there is more out there to suit you IF it ever comes to that....but yea make some $$ while ya can!

Nicco.....yea old age in our pets is a tough one. No getting past it for any of us. Just watch, you know when. Everything has a damn limit on earth darn it. But you see it coming, you will get thru all of it ok.

Recliners to come soon.....and your day to day at your new vacay home...glorious! It does sound like you found a new fab chill zone for yourself.....love it.

---------hubby to work
me and kid going to get my mom a few days visit here

kid wants to go cause she got a wally world shopping list to fill. kill me but will stop on way to moms and get kids stuff and handle that

home to chill. gray gray days here. blah.

no desire to darn near anything but got some laundry to handle today, washer does the work mostly LOL so I can tackle that.

over and out and be good everyone, enjoy our weekends!
  #1440   ^
Old Sat, Oct-09-21, 04:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Up too early, but that is me. After 6-7 hours, I'm ready to get up.....and so is Gabby. She slept in bed with us last night....right at DH's feet. I didn't know she was there until I heard her purring when I woke up this morning.

Hoping for a better day on the golf course today. Just so sick of the wet conditions and let a bad attitude effect my game yesterday. I just have to enjoy it for what it is...being outside and able to move around. There are many people who would give anything to be able to do it. I'll need extra patience for today as the course has put an older lady in our group who is VERY slow. I appreciate that she still wants to play, but my partner and I are used to playing a certain way and it isn't easy to adjust sometimes.

--------

Trig....I hope your healing progresses quickly. I'm sure you are tired of the whole mess! I know I would be!

Jaz.....Congrats on your weight loss! You are rockin' it! I'm glad your knees are showing improvement. Hope your return to work goes smoothly. No attitude from your boss etc.

Nic...Does the "camp" you are doing require you to be online a lot? Is it like a day(s) long seminar or something? Interesting. Hope you love your new recliners.....I'm jealous as I need a new one. Love my recliner! Enjoy your beach time if you decide to stay longer. I know I'd be staying too! So glad you're enjoying your new digs.

I loved it when you said "there are no medals to be had" in reference to my walking and doing it when I'm tired from golf. You are so right. I have to cut myself some slack.

----------

Today is DSis's birthday. She is 79. She is sure more active & vital than most 79 year olds, that's for sure. I sure hope she has many more healthy years.

Ok....I need to get moving. Up at 4:15 and now it's 6:45 and I could take a nap!

Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Oct-09-21 at 04:44.