Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 10:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/166/140 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%
Thumbs up Cheryl's Exercise Log

I was reading everyone's logs and decided to start one myself to keep me motivated.

I have been to the gym every day this week and will probably take weekends off because I work midnights on the weekend.

I am a member at Energy Fitness. I do the "Strive" weight training which works all upper and lower body areas and takes about 30 min. I then move on to the Crossramp by Precor and do the weight loss course which takes about 35 minutes.

Next week, I will up my weights on each machine by 5 pounds. I will also starting doing my pilates video and ab video at home each day.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 11:37

Stats: 308/308/200 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

ummm. how do you get a gym log? please assist. thanks.
i think that will help me make sure i get my excercise in.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-07, 15:10
Registered Member

BF:
Post Gym Log

You can start your own in this forum. You already found the gym logs. You can start your own and then post to it whenever you want to.

I plan to post every day during the week. Probably won't on the weekends because that is when I work.

Good Luck!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-07, 00:37
Registered Member

BF:
Post Friday and Saturday

I didn't get a chance to post Friday or Saturday so I am going to post now.

I worked minights Thursday night so I slept Friday morning until noon. I then got up and ate lunch and then hit the gym with my son around 1:45.

Weight Training for 30 min. and Crossramp for 35 min.

I didn't have to go in to work on Friday night but my husband wanted to get up and do some things outside before it got extremely hot. I didn't make it to the gym until 12:15

Weight Training for 30 min. which is getting easier so I will probably add 5 pounds to my weights this week. Crossramp for 35 min. which was not as difficult as it was at the beginning of the week.

The other amazing thing was that I keep trying on a particular pair of jeans that last week I could not even button or zip up. Today I was able to button and zip them up and didn't even feel or look stuffed in them. Yeah!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-07, 02:49
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjohnson
I plan to post every day during the week. Probably won't on the weekends because that is when I work.
Fabulous, and I'll check back here every few days just to make sure you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjohnson
The other amazing thing was that I keep trying on a particular pair of jeans that last week I could not even button or zip up. Today I was able to button and zip them up and didn't even feel or look stuffed in them. Yeah!!!

Sounds fantastic! I work shifts too so I know how difficult scheduling anything regular can be, but you're making great moves. Well done! And those jeans ... amazing progress. Yay!

e
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 08:06
Registered Member

BF:
Default Good Morning!

I am having so much energy it is unbelievable!

I stepped on the scales at the gym this morning and had lost another pound from Saturday.

I did as I had planned and added 5 pounds to each of the weight machines that I use today. Boy, by the time I got to the 5th or 6th rep I was struggling but I did all 10 reps on each machine. Each machine has 3 settings for different muscles so I am actually doing 3 sets of 10 reps each.

I then did 35 minutes on the crossramp machine which I have decided I LOVE. 35 minutes burns 350 calories and is 2.62 miles. It was a little easier today than last week. On Saturday, I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath and let my legs rest for a few seconds. I was very happy to today when I did not have to stop at all. I just kept plugging away!! I think by the time I do that the rest of this week. I will be able to up the crossramp from 4 (which I do now) to 5.

I hope everyone is doing as well as I am. Today is my official first 2 weeks on Atkins and have a total weight loss of 11 pounds! I am going to stay on Induction for a while longer. I know the DANDR book says to stay on it until within 10 pounds of your goal weight. I think I am going to try to do that so I will be on Induction for a while. That would mean I need to lose 20 more pounds before starting OWL.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 14:15

Stats: 308/308/200 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:

Hey how's pilates working? i may have to get it. i want to do it for my morning work out.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:17
Registered Member

BF:
Post Pilates

I have used Pilates before with working out and had great success with it. It really lengths and tones the thighs and stomach. It uses the core muscles. The video I have is really a pilates/yoga mix. It is mainly Pilates but there are a few yoga poses as well for your back.

I haven't gotten around to it today. I want to start incorporating it this week.

The tape I have is by Denise Austin and is good if you don't mind her "perkiness". Some people don't like her but I do.

I hope that information helps you! Let me know if you give it a try.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 08:05
Registered Member

BF:
Post Checking In

I was at the gym bright and early again today.

I did my strive circuit for 30 min.

I did the crossramp for 35 min. which today was 2.65 miles and burned 330 calories.

I also added the weight machines for hip abduction, hip adduction and squats.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to Pilates today because I am scheduled in an hour to go to the Red Cross to donate platelets for cancer patients. No heavy lifting or strenous exercise for the rest of the day.

Cheryl
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 11:18
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:

Thanks for stoppin by, girl. I just started my gym log as well. It does seem to help me keep track of what I'm doing and what/where my goals are.

Congrats on your success so far. Keep up the good work.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 19:45
Registered Member

BF:
Post Evening workout

Tonight was the first night I worked out in the evening after already working out in the morning. I wasn't able to donate platelets today at Red Cross because my iron was 2 points to low.

Anyway, I finally got around to doing my Pilates tape which was about 20 minutes. I then did my Ab workout video by Joyce Vedral which was about 25 minutes. Then I did the fat-melting video by Joyce Vedral which was another 25 minutes.

The kids were gone and I had so much energy, and I didn't want to just sit and watch television so I decided to exercise.

When I can fit in the evening workouts I will. I really like these particular tapes. I also have some Tae-Bo which I haven't done in a while but I don't think I am ready to drag those out just yet.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-07, 08:29
Registered Member

BF:
Post Today's workout

I hit the gym again early this morning!

30 min. of Strive machines plus the two hip machines I added yesterday.

35 min. on Crossramp which was a distance of 2.68 today and burned 340 calories. I am increasing my pace which is helping me to go farther and burn more calories each day. When I feel like this becomes a little to easy. I will bump up the crossramp from my current 4 to 5.

I plan to do Pilates later this afternoon and my abs video as well.

I hope everyone else is getting there workout completed each day!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-07, 15:02
Registered Member

BF:
Well, I stuck to what I said I was going to do and got out my Pilates video and did Session I on it. Then I moved on to my abs video and completed the session on it for beginners.

About 20 minutes for each video so another 40 min. of exercise for me today.

I don't know if I will be able to fit all of my "extra" workouts in tomorrow. I have to meet my mother at my grandmother's house to help give her a bath and get her hair washed. She has Alzheimer's and can't do it herself and she is becoming to hard to handle for my mother alone. I am going to hit the gym either before or after I go to her house.

I'll be checking in again tomorrow. I am finished for today.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-07, 15:37

Plan: Low-carb
Stats: 166/150/132 Female 5'3.5"
BF:31%/ ? /23.5%
Progress: 47%

Cheryl,

Wow, you're doing great! Inspiring, in fact--

Cheers--
Terry-24
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-07, 16:32
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:

You're doing great! I bet those pounds are gonna start droppin.