Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-10, 09:11

Plan: Atkins and Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 320/205/195 Male 6 Feet
BF:Haaaa, 10% baby
Progress: 92%
Default SWAT Training while on LC/ZC and Keto

Well, Im getting ready. SRT/SWAT Training starts in October 3rd and the qualifier is September 14th. I know Im ready for it. Ive doing my training for more than a year and were doing everything in this South Miami, Florida heat. That is a challange. Everybody in my station knows that Im going for it and it will be the most intense hazing you can go through in three weeks. I compare it to SEAL/UDT training.

Here is my schedule:
Wake up at 4am, I just cant sleep anymore and Im in bed by 1030 or 11pm. With four kids, a wif, and two elderly parents in tow, its a hand full.

I jog with a 80 lb vest at least 1/2 a mile for added resistance.
Then I take off the damn thing, arrgghhh, its freaking heavy.
Then sprint for about 1.5 miles to try and make my time in under 12 minutes, I got it down to 10.30, then depending how Im feeling, I run either another 1.5 or 3 miles just to build up endurance.
Next, I rest for five minutes then do 10 full extension pull ups, palms facing out, in, then together. Im a little out-of-breath by now.
Afterwards, 50 situps in under 2 minutes, that really sucks because by now my lower back is saying, HELLO!!!! you wanna STOP that shit!!
The easy part is next, push ups. I can knock out about 70-80 in about 2 minutes.
The final thing is swimming, need to swim 100 meters with no time limit then tread water actively for 15 minutes. Thats the pain in the ass.

I also do full extension dips, leg raises, hello dollies and strap twenty pound ankle weights to increase. NOW IM DYING, WHERES THE COFFIN?

Just kidding, Im not that tired at this point. I may be ovetraining, but I need to go to that extreme. We have our instructors, who are cadres, who work out every every day. Did I mention that they work out every day? LOL! Most of wannabes dont make it due to injury, or not making it through the firearms portion of the qualifer. I think personally that when they see how physically demanding it is, they actually and on purpose, flunk out.

I belong to two other specialized units in the Department. What motivated me was that I recognized people who were overweight and they tried out for it and actually made the training portion. I told myself, "What!? If they can do it so can I." I started off by weight 320lbs and went down significantly. You know what they say in the military, " If you want to be a GI, you gotta be thin!" And thats what I did. My wif, (its not a misspelling), started me on the Atkins and did alot of research on my own. I modified it now where I do the maintaince and if possible, the Keto as well. I have seen a 180 degree difference in my body, mind and soul. I will update this blog when I can during the training portion of the SRT/SWAT, if I have time. Hell, I just read the K9 portion of another unit who has a similar training qualifer. Except for the swimming. I dont think dogs can sniff underwater. But I do know of a dog name Blue, its a song about a Dog in SEAL training, for you military guys, you may know it. Well, this is all I can say. I will post my end result picture sometime this weekend. Ive maintained by weight at 205-210, but my bodyfat is at 12%.... I should lose 2 more % by October if I keep it up. By the way, I work for the Miami Dade Police Depatment and I go by a nick name of "Tiny" That was that name that they gave me when I was in the academy five years ago because I was so big, you know oxymoron. Oh well, be back soon.

DDD
Sponsored Links