Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-07, 19:55
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 237/224.5/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default no support

I cant believe that 27 people viewed my post a few days ago and not one person had a kind word or any support to offer?? what kind of board is this?
cj
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 11:56

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 153/148/125 Female 5'2"
BF:38% / 38% / 28%
Progress: 18%
Default Energy Management

I find that most times when I post in a forum, hardly anyone posts anything after I do, unless I have asked a SPECIFIC question addressing a generally-experienced part of THIER life. Otherwise any posting after mine is usually addressing something other than my statements. I wondered if I had been offensive.

On further reflection, I think that
a) other people see my problems as more severe than theirs, so they don't think they can help;
b) I haven't asked specific questions that can be answered;
c) everyone in this particular forum section is sick, and JUST LIKE ME have a very limited energy reservour, so, unless they feel their statements can be a real benefit, they will spend that energy on something that they think CAN really help.

Most of the time I, too, am a lurker:
a) If my energy level is extremely low I can't get to the computer even in a cry for HELP (as in the past 10 days).
b) If my energy is very low, I may be able to read the strings that I have subscribed to, but won't post unless it's something I feel I can really help on (as is my hope with this first posting in 10 days).
c) If my energy is moderately low, I will read more than only the strings I have subscribed to, but probably still won't post anything.
d) Only if my energy is high enough to meet MY basic needs (shower, meals, etc) that I will read more than subscribed strings, and post anything other than replying to something I'm pretty sure I can address in a helpful way.

Give it a little bit of time, okay? :-)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-28-07, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%

cj- I know it feels sometimes like no one cares, when there is not any answers to posts, and it is evident that they have been viewed. I have found that sometimes ppl just don't know what to say sometimes. I don't know what sort of question that you asked, or your post- but to take one incidence of no one answering, and assuming that none on the whole forum does not care is a huge generalization and very unfair to this board as a whole.

There are some wonderful folks here, and we all have our own struggles with things, as evidenced in many posts and journals. Many here don't have the health problems that many do- and are just trying to lose weight. Then there are some of us, who have health problems and many times more than just one.

I do agree with grbnbpb, that for many of us who have fibro and cfs, energy is a key factor, in deciding what gets done, and/or read, and/or posted. So the thing is, it isn't a personal insult or affront to any when a post isn't answered... it's just one of those things that sometimes happens, & it's happened to all of us, at one time or another, whether on this forum or another. Doesn't mean any one is more or less important that any one else. Is just how life is on a forum!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-07, 21:23
One Bite At A Time

Plan: South Beach Phase II
Stats: 232/183/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67/34?/20
Progress: 48%

I don't know why 27 people did respond and the reasons stated in the other posts do make sense to me. Because this is a really slow forum I only visit on occasion. I did find reading the older posts here very helpful. Have you tried reading them yet? There's some good information here.