Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 15:31
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up PC frozen riced or spiralized veggies

President's Choice now offers frozen riced cauliflower, riced broccoli-zucchini blend and spiralized zucchini. This is so convenient for singles or small family, where you can just use part of the package and put the rest away for longer term storage. The fresh products need to be used right away, as they spoil quickly. All packages all have a zipper closure .

Everyday price is at least 50˘ less than Green Giant products

Available at most Loblaws family of stores, including Real Canadian Superstore, nofrills, Independent, Valumart, Zehr's and others.

......... ........

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-19, 22:53
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Oh, awesome! I saw the Green Giant spiralized zucchini at FreshCo, and at $5 a package, I thought, "no way." I can buy a small zucchini for less than a buck and cook/eat it all in one shot.

The brocc/zucchini/kale blend sounds interesting. I'll try that sometime as my Chinese stir fry.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-19, 06:24
Forum Founder

BF:

These are $3.99 at Loblaws ... $3.50 at nofrills .. but are often on sale at 2 for $6.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 17:02
Forum Founder

BF:

Keep an eye out for these and other PC frozen veggies to be on sale over the holiday season

Okay so ...

Tried the frozen spiralized zuke. It comes in individual "nests" which is handy .. just take out what you need, put the rest back in the freezer . For the first trial, I attempted to sauté straight from the freezer. Didn't work .. ended up quite watery. Second time, I thawed in a strainer and then patted dry with paper towel. Much better result, will do this from now on .

Also tried the chopped broccoli/zucchini mix. Yum, yum, yum . This I used straight from the freezer, no problem.

Made a frittata (following recipe is for one serving; please adjust amounts for more) ... fried 2 strips bacon, took them out and set aside. Added a big handful of frozen broc/zuke mix to the hot grease (be careful, it spatters!) and a generous sprinkle of onion powder. Stir well and let it cook till veggies are quite soft. Meanwhile, beat 2 eggs, add s & p to taste. Preheat your broiler. By now the bacon should be cool enough to handle .. use kitchen shears to dice it up. Toss the diced bacon pieces into pan with the veggies, stir it up then pour over the beaten eggs. Cook until the bottom is set .. sprinkle the top with a handful of shredded cheese. Pop under the broiler for a few minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden. Enjoy!!

Will definitely be buying these again
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-19, 22:28

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Another tasty way to make the Zucchini Zoodles is to scramble the eggs, add your spices/onion powder/salt and pour over the Zuk, then drop in the hot oil in little mounds.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-19, 01:07
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Another tasty way to make the Zucchini Zoodles is to scramble the eggs, add your spices/onion powder/salt and pour over the Zuk, then drop in the hot oil in little mounds.

Do you mean using these frozen spiralized zucchini nests straight from the package or thawed??
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-19, 01:25

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Do you mean using these frozen spiralized zucchini nests straight from the package or thawed??

Just prep them as you would do for your recipe, thawed and patted dry.