Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Day 3 and feeling good...

Thanks to everyone for their support and information sharing!

I'm on Day 3 of Induction (I know, not a big deal) but I feel great and this WOE feels like an old friend since I lost 60 lbs on CAD/CALP 1.5 years ago. I know there are differences in the plans and I shouldn't nesessarilly compare them, but it feels good to be on a plan again.

It's funny, when I fell off the CAD/CALP bandwagon, I was still recording my weight on a daily basis as you're required to do, and I watched my weight slowly creepy back but I headed immediately for the comfort of denial. I have made a solemn promise to myself (as has my SO) to not let this happen again.

P.S. Fitday.com is wonderful and is really helping me keep records of what I eat and my carb count. Thanks to all who recommended it.

Best wishes--DW
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 09:00

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Denial.....

it's not just a river in Egypt

Congrats on your success so far, DW. This WOL has so many wonderful benefits, losing the fat is but one. Keep up the good work and keep posting!

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 09:09

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

DW that is what we are here for

You are doing great so far! Keep it up
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 11:21
Registered Member

Stats: 154/148/133
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Day three too!

Greetings Earthlings!

I am on Day 3 too and while I cannot say that I am freeling fabaroony - I don't feel at all bad. Headache of yesterday cleared up with some water and relaxing in the Gym. Today - again bacon and eggs for brekkie and goats cheese salad for lunch - resisted garlic crispy croutons - not difficult when you know why you are doing it.

I came up with a novel idea last evening when struggling with what to eat and improvised a sandwich using iceberg lettuce leaves - not bad - tuna/cheese wrapped up in lettuce....nice for a quick snack.

My only concern now is that I just don't feel like I am losing any weight yet - I don't want to weigh myself for a couple of days though but I feel terribly bloated - is this normal? I am not drinking so much water that I would fell bloated form it but there is surely a reason....

ANyway, my dear people - Hope the World is being good to you today - I am based in ireland and things are good. a little cold and dark now. I am doing a massage course by night and have that tonight - Never a dull moment even when it is dark.......
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 12:00

Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi DW,
I am about to start week 2 of induction. You are doing great! This is the tricky part for me. This is where I usally fall off the wagon. So, the next week will be a little scary for me, I will be here alot! The people here are so good, very helpful and supportive.

Cindy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 12:56

BF:

Thanks Cindy and BurkeyB! Glad to know we're in this together. The support from this group is amazing and I find myself checking in several times a day for inspiration and information.

I think this way of eating is good for me becasue I have always enjoyed meats and cheeze and eggs and butter, etc. I loved carbs too, of course, but that's what got me into trouble.

You're right about being creative with meals, Burkey. It really helps to open your mind about when you eat certain things too. Tuna or chicken salad (or egg salad for that matter) with some cheeze and a bit of lettuce can be quite satisfying for breakfast.

Anyway, thanks and good luck to you both!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 13:03

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

heheheeh BurkeyB

I had tuna salad in lettuce leaves Monday for lunch You can put almost anything inside a lettuce leaf Chicken salad, egg salad, etc. Try making a BLT in them! Really good stuff.

It's amazing how your creative nature comes out when you remove the bad things out of your diet. You end up replacing them with more healthy items.

You guys are doing fantastic! Keep on going!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 13:18

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Default Re: Day three too!

Quote:
Originally posted by BurkeyB
I feel terribly bloated - is this normal? I am not drinking so much water that I would fell bloated form it but there is surely a reason....

BurkeyB, how much water are you drinking? The way to combat bloating and water retention is to drink more water - you should be drinking at the very least 64 oz a day (2 litres or 8 glasses) and an extra 8 oz for every 25 lbs you want to lose. It's the water the flushes out the toxins and burned fat - the more you drink the better your fat losses will be.

HTH
Nat
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 17:06
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Thumbs up

Keep up the good work DW and Burkey!
And Burkey, let me reinforce what Nat said: Drink more water!
It works for me; when I feel really bloated, drinking more water seems to shift the bloat.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 11:36
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

HI...I'm just wondering how you are doing with your new eating plan. How did the weekend go??

I hope all is well for you.

Cinderella
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 12:49

BF:
Default Onto Week 2!

Hello Group! Things are going well & thanks for checking, Cinderella!

I just began Week 2 of Induction and I'm feeling great. Gotta love the rise in energy! Spent much of the weekend preparing foods for the coming week which helps me out so much. Made the recipe for Taco meat from reader's recipes, and Deep Dish Pizza Quiche, and a Morning Quiche. We have one of those vacuum sealer machines, so now I have things nicely packaged and frozen. I lost 4 lbs my first week and I'm happy with that.

What I'm happiest about actually is that I feel in control of this new WOE and I belive in myself. I have no cravings yet and while I do still have minor hunger, I find it's easy to quench it with some legal snacks or with water.

My sister just started Adkins today too. I'm happy for her and to have a comrade in the family. We CALPed together 1.5 years ago and enjoyed it.

Continued Success To All!!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-02, 12:58
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%
Cool congratulations!!

I'm soooo happy for you, 4 pounds in a week is such a great start. What a great idea making that food ahead of time...maybe I should start doing that.

Here's to a great week!!

Cinderella