Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-13, 14:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
thanks, Pat.

I am having dinner alone tonight and tomorrow- so it's leftovers and strange stuff.
Planned RM tonight is salad, cauliflower, burger and beans for carb.
tomorrow- have not decided yet. I might get a sub from the market or make a sandwich.

I'll stop by tomorrow-
E
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-13, 14:53
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

No more leftovers in the fridge- which is a good thing.
I decided to have a sub tonight for RM- with roast beef, swiss cheese and lots of extra vegies and a small side salad.

I'm going to be out of town for a week- spending a week with my DD. I know I will be on plan- eggs for breakfast, grilled chicken adn salad for lunch, whatever for dinner. I am bringing nuts and a baked chicken breast on the plane- and will treat myself to a starbucks coffee at the airport. I have found one kind of protein bar that I can eat- I have 1/2 as an emergency food. I have a few of those. I'm excited!
I won't be able to have access to this site so have a great week-
I'll see you later!
E
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-13, 19:47
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Tired tonight, so had burrito with chili. Fiber One bar for dessert. Wasn't worth cooking. both DD have the flu, so see how next few days go..

Had bacon for BF and jerkey and almonds for lunch...
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-13, 13:34

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

hey all, checking in. I am holding mainly at 221 lately with one 223 day and even fasted all day yesterday with only eating a carb heavy RM but still at 221 today I worked a night shift and slept during the day and just waited until our company came over for dinner to eat since it was close anyways on time and I wasn't that hungry to start with. I love the control I have with this WOE with hunger and not feeling like I am out of control and having to gorge on the first edible things in sight!

MIW
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-13, 20:37

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Hi everyone!
Thrilled to be down to 234.6 today! Even after a bit of a slip-up (I had a sinus infection a few days ago and just wanted to feel better so I ate some ice cream and pizza outside my RM. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to eat very much of it. The Big Breakfast really does fill you up all day.)
I'm still loving the Big Breakfast as my reward meal. But I'm changing it up this weekend as hubby and I will be celebrating our anniversary with a sushi dinner. I've adjusted my RM to lunch today and then sushi dinner tomorrow. Then RM for lunch the following day and back to a Big Breakfast by Monday. I'm curious how this will affect my weight loss.
I'm also going to the gym tomorrow for some weight training. I always gain after a workout session so I just need to keep it in perspective and remember that I might not see a loss for the next several days.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Oh, and before I forget, today's meal:
B- 2 eggs fried in butter/coconut oil, 1 cup Chai Tea w/cream & stevia
L- RM: 3 tacos, 1 big slice of pineapple bread with butter, 1 glass of kombucha
D- Mayo/parm chicken (my new fav!)
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-13, 11:11

BF:

Hi all. I am now officially at the end of week 11! So far I am hovering at being down a total of 12-14 lbs, depending on the day. I am thinking I am midway through my cycle and that would explain why I have been craving bigger carby dinners and sweets at RM the last couple of days, and also the gain back up a couple of pounds. However, I am posting my losses overall and daily wts to show the wisdom of doing the weekly average. Especially if you note the last days of week 6-11 it would seem that I haven't been losing any weight, or even gaining one week or stalling. But if you look overall for the averages from week to week you can see I have been steadily losing. This is why weighing yourself every Monday for instance won't show your losses overall.

Weekly Weight Loss Average Tracker:

Week 1- 235

Week 2- 231 229 (-5 lbs)

Week 3- 228 (-1 lb)

Week 4- 227 226 (-1.5 lbs)

Week 5- 225 227 228 225 (-0.25 lbs)

Week 6- 225 225 225.5 225.5 225 224 223.5 (-1.5 lbs)

Week 7- 224 224 224 224 224 223 (-1 lb)

Week 8- 224 225 224.5 224.5 224 224 224 (+ 0.5 lb)

Week 9- 222 224 225 222.5 223 222.5 223.5 (-1 lb)

Week 10- 223 222.5 221.5 221 223 223 222 (-0.9 lb)

Week 11- 221 223 221 221 221 224 223 (-0.30 lb)

Make It Work
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitwork
Hi all. I am now officially at the end of week 11! So far I am hovering at being down a total of 12-14 lbs, depending on the day. I am thinking I am midway through my cycle and that would explain why I have been craving bigger carby dinners and sweets at RM the last couple of days, and also the gain back up a couple of pounds. However, I am posting my losses overall and daily wts to show the wisdom of doing the weekly average. Especially if you note the last days of week 6-11 it would seem that I haven't been losing any weight, or even gaining one week or stalling. But if you look overall for the averages from week to week you can see I have been steadily losing. This is why weighing yourself every Monday for instance won't show your losses overall.

You are doing great! Love the idea of the weekly average! Makes so much sense. I don't know why more people don't recommend it.
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-13, 15:56

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

I think many of us in this forum do daily weights and weekly averaging. I recommend it whenever I have a chance in a 'conversation' to do so. Going back over past posts in the earlier CALP main thread, or reading journals will show you a lot of what has been discussed here before.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-13, 22:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
You are doing great! Love the idea of the weekly average! Makes so much sense. I don't know why more people don't recommend it.

Most "diet gurus" don't recommend daily wts because they tend to be of the opinion that dieting is all about lifestyle, mental fortitude, emotions, etc. The Heller's are scientists and come at it with a scientist standpoint. It is all about the insulin and the daily wt is a true scientific method to track the most accurate wt loss. If you look at my daily wts in columns, you will see several weeks where it actually looks like I gained if only going from Monday to Monday, or Wed to Wed for example. It doesn't make me crazy at all and I look forward now to another weeks worth of data to crunch!

MIW
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-13, 09:36

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey guys, new here, and happy to join you- did an intro on the main page.
I also weigh every day- I actually use an app on my smart phone that I really like, I think it's just called weight tracker? I can see my chart and watch the pattern of where my weight is headed. I don't think I could weigh once a week- I'm too 'need to know' I guess I read somewhere once that people that weigh daily tend to lose more weight, and stay on their weight loss plan better. For me that's definitely true.

Anyway, I was down a pound today putting me at 247.6- down a total of 16 lbs in the last month which I am VERY happy with The last 2 weeks I have actually been stuck around 249- but I also realized it was because I was having too many diet drinks. I stopped them a couple of days ago and voila, 2 lbs. Go figure
Today's RM is vegetable soup (lots!), fresh garlic bread, a banana, and some homemade muffins with milk. Just in case anyone missed it, I eat my RM for breakfast It's typically not breakfast food- really I just like to get it out of the way- makes waking up a little easier too (not a morning person).
Busy day for me- therapy for my daughter, a photo shoot for 2 little kids. Hope you all have a good one!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-13, 10:49

Hello all!
Just checking in. A new low today: 233.8!!! <squeal!>
Just finished my RM breakfast of:
2 fried eggs on sprouted bread with butter/coconut oil
1 cup black tea with cream/stevia
1 date shake (Had dates leftover from Christmas and need to use them up. It was yummy!)
Lately, lunch or dinner has been ham/cheese slices w/ mustard or hamburg patty with cheese and mustard (as much as I would prefer mayo over mustard on these items, I'm trying to keep my PUFAs low).
Oh, and a glass of komucha (homemade, mixed with sparkling water and stevia, probably around 3g carbs but doesn't seem to affect my weight loss or cravings)
I also think the coconut oil is helping a lot. In the past, my body has had a very tough time losing weight (even on Atkins) so I'm surprised this diet has been so effortless and effective. Maybe it's the daily dose of coconut oil (I aim for 1 T) or maybe it made the difference to have my reward meal for breakfast? I dunno, but I'm gonna keep on doing it like this until my body says otherwise.
So, far I'm thrilled!
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-13, 12:55

Congratulations Blenders on the new low!
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 09:29

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Ch-ch-ch-checkin' in
Breakfast reward meal today will be a fried egg, a protein smoothie, baked potato, and muffins. I might throw a few cranberries in there.
Weight: 247.4, new low
I'm happy about that since I went out to eat last night. Outback steakhouse- I got the salmon, shrimp, and a salad. I wanted a diet coke but did not get one as I am cutting out any artificial sweeteners since my loss has slowed in the last 2 weeks.

But I need all of your advice in behalf of my husband. He is over 400 lbs and after a lot of reluctance, agreed to try the diet. Now the part that doesn't make sense to me is that he started 2 weeks ago and is barely losing weight. He's 420-something so this doesn't make sense to me. I could never know if he is cheating on the diet since he works and I work from home. When he comes home he usually has our dinner and gets himself a large size diet drink. I've told him he needs to try it without the diet soda. He also drinks soda during his RM. I'm not sure what to say to him at this point, as he actually has been little by little GAINING weight???

I hate to see him give up, but I have no idea why this is happening. Did anyone here experience slow loss initially?
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
I hate to see him give up, but I have no idea why this is happening. Did anyone here experience slow loss initially?

Yes! I did! I did not experience that initial weight loss honeymoon that may do. That ~5 lb loss that most pp get that first week did not happen to me.
I would be very suspicious if he is actually gaining weight though. Maybe he's eating something that he doesn't realize is not o.k. on the diet? Maybe start packing his lunch so you know exactly what he's eating (and hope that he's not cheating at work)?
It's very difficult mentally to not see results on a diet. I felt that way on Atkins. When all else fails, maybe this diet just isn't the right fit for him?
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-13, 16:21

Hi Melodyrose, grats on the new low. The best way for your or your husband to assess his diet, would be for him to keep a food log (every bite including time he ate/drank it) for a couple of days.

If he's eating more often than every 90 minutes, or drinking sugar-free soda's non-stop all day, if he's using artificial sweeteners at his non-reward meals, these are things that may stall his weight loss.

The calp book starting on page 181 talks about troubleshooting if you are having cravings, mentions that thirst is often mis-interpreted as hunger, and also advises trying 3 days of logging foods - including time - so you can see what you ate if you have cravings within 2 hours after. They talk about how many foods have hidden carbs - case in point, most "tuna in water" is actually tuna in veggie broth and the cans will now note soy is present. Many folks are sensitive to msg (the calp book has a long list of other names that mean msg when you see them on the label), and can gain weight and/or have cravings begin after they ingest some. I know that is the case for me.

best wishes to you both..do encourage him to do the food log - he will learn a lot from doing so, and it may have the answer as to why things are slow.
Closed Thread