Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-06-05, 15:49

Plan: Own
Stats: 19/18/14 Female 6
BF:
Progress:

I am taking some from simplyhoodia.co.uk for 2 weeks now and I must say no side effects and they seem ok.
Will let you all know how they work out.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 10:21

Plan: Eades - Protien Power
Stats: 165/160/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

[QUOTE=SusansparHi all, I stuck to the hoodia (in Trimspa) for a couple of weeks and genuinely decided it made me hungrier. I would be interested if anyone else had the same experience and if they ever tried another brand that gave them the desired (less hungry) results. ??

]Hi - I haven't added to this forum yet, but I think I can help you. I too had the hungry problem. What I noticed, however, through my persistence, is that Hoodia does not mix well with most other medications. They seem to dilute its effects and in some cases, make you hungry. For me, it was any ibuprofen and/or sedatives. If I took a pill to help me sleep the night before, the next day I experienced hunger from the Hoodia. If I took an anti-inflammatory, such as Advil or Naproxen, then the hunger would kick in frequently during the day. Also I have come to learn from other sources and from my own experience that water - not coffee, tea, etc., activates the Hoodia. So you need to follow your first dose with about 8 to 10 ounces of water. Then wait befrore eating anything. I also learned that it doesn't work well with antidepressants. I stopped taking my Prozac - I live in the Northwest and get seasonal affective disorder. It was OK to stop the Prozac because Hoodia has a mood elevating effect and it seemed to be OK. It took me a long time to work out how to take this stuff and make it work for me. I'm still tweaking the dosage and sometimes have trouble sleeping. But for the most part, no pounding heart, etc. I purchase from both Hoodoba and Hoodiaman.com. I found Hoodoba to be inconsistent and like Hoodiaman's products a little better. Hope this helps.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 13:44

Plan: none
Stats: 162/129/130 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 103%

Hello All:

I have been very successful using a Hoodia Plex product (500ml) that I purchased from my local vitamin shop. (17 lbs loss in 2 months)

Unfortunately I got sucked into the Desert Burn scam recently and purchased 3 bottles. It is total SAWDUST. Using 4500 ml of it a day (as suggested) had totally no effect on me and I know Hoodia works for me. REAL Hoodia that is. If they ever sold a real product, it was just to get established. Now they sell sawdust.

If you research them hard enough you find that:

davisbiotech.com (suppliers of Desert Burn)

desertburnindustries.com

hgpills.com

kinghoodia.com

are all one and the same person behind a computer scamming the masses. He uses netzero (free) as his provider and his email is yahoo (free). The 'girl' that answers the phone (when she does) uses yahoo messenger to chat with him about business.

The address for the "company" leads to a mail express postal mail box.

Do yourselves a favor and read this site:

http://www.newstarget.com/002703.html

I suggest you buy from GNC or your local vitamin store that stands behind their products. The majority of Hoodia sellers on the internet are just scammers.

Good luck in your weightloss endeavors.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 14:11

BF:

One more thing:

TheHoodiaReport.com which has been taken down (listed DesertBurn in top ranking) was also ran by DesertBurn.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, May-31-05, 19:50

Plan: low carb
Stats: -/-/- Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Unfortunately I got sucked into the Desert Burn scam recently and purchased 3 bottles. It is total SAWDUST. Using 4500 ml of it a day (as suggested) had totally no effect on me and I know Hoodia works for me. REAL Hoodia that is. If they ever sold a real product, it was just to get established. Now they sell sawdust.

Have you had this product analyzed? I would be interested in your findings. "Now they sell sawdust" is a statement that seems as though you've had the stuff tested. Did you?

Quote:
The address for the "company" leads to a mail express postal mail box.
This is a strange thing to say as I clearly read an address in Georgia on the Desert burn sites.

I read the newtarget articles on hoodia and the publisher does not say that Desert burn is a scam. Are you reading a new article? Is there an update?

I also saw something like 5 certificates on the Desert burn site and on HGPILLS.com. I don't think that you can make claims like the ones you mentioned with those kinds of proof. They certainly beat out the products that you are tooting with impressive credentials.

This is what I found when I checked out the product you purchased:

Welcome to the website of MäritzMayer Laboratories.

We carry HoodiaPlex!
We are currently updating our website. To place an order or for more information, please contact us at 1.800.432.9130, or email us at customerservice~maritzmayer.com.
Thank you for visiting.

This is really scary. And there is no address on this sight...not even a PO Box!

Quote:
I suggest you buy from GNC or your local vitamin store that stands behind their products. The majority of Hoodia sellers on the internet are just scammers.
I do believe that I saw a refund if you are not happy with the desert burn stuff. How much more "stand behind" do you expect?

Does your local vitamin shop take back opened hoodia?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-05, 08:15

BF:

Desert Burn which is the product HGPills also peddles is pure junk. Sawdust! I have several bottles gathering dust.

I bought real hoodia from GNC. I opened a capsule and put the powder in a glass of water and the powder was dark clumps that would not dissolve. Also had a strong smell.

I did the same with Desert Burn and it was a light powder that dissolved easily. No smell.

Proof positive enough for me. Desert Burn is sawdust.

Sidenote: Ive lost 17 lbs on Real Hoodia from my local vitamin store.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-05, 14:36

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodiaUser
Desert Burn which is the product HGPills also peddles is pure junk. Sawdust! I have several bottles gathering dust.

I bought real hoodia from GNC. I opened a capsule and put the powder in a glass of water and the powder was dark clumps that would not dissolve. Also had a strong smell.

I did the same with Desert Burn and it was a light powder that dissolved easily. No smell.

Proof positive enough for me. Desert Burn is sawdust.

Um, last I knew, sawdust (wood) doesn't dissolve in water. At least my wood fence is still standing today after an inch of rain. How could something that dissolves in water be sawdust?

I can't say anything on the Desert Burn Hoodia that's being sold today, but I purchased some in February and it was so effective that I had to force myself to eat. Just my $.02

Joan
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-05, 19:02

Plan: LC Vegetarian self-styled program
Stats: 204/162/148 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:
Default Seems to be working for me

Hiya. Well, I have been taking Pure Hoodia (see link below) for 2 days now and it really seems to have cut the snack-cravings waaaay down. So far, so good.

http://purehoodia.com/

Peace,
Lena
Attached Images
File Type: jpg billie.jpg (5.1 KB, 10 views)
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 08:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagcaver
Um, last I knew, sawdust (wood) doesn't dissolve in water. At least my wood fence is still standing today after an inch of rain. How could something that dissolves in water be sawdust?

I can't say anything on the Desert Burn Hoodia that's being sold today, but I purchased some in February and it was so effective that I had to force myself to eat. Just my $.02

Joan

Well maybe its not sawdust, that was just a generalization. Whatever it is, it isn't "pure" Hoodia Gordonii. They probably sold the real thing at one time. What they are selling now is not the real thing or so little of it (as in Trimspa) that it isnt effective.

The Hoodia I take now, I have to make myself eat. And that is just with 1000 total ml's a day. (2 pills)

Six (6) 750 ml's (4500 ml) of Desert Burn wouldnt even curb my appetite.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 17:12

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

so what do I do now? I just started on my first bottle of Desert Burn and indeed, it doesn't "do" much for me. How do I know I can trust other sources? I don't want to throw my money down the drain! I started with Natural Trim, which has hoodia in it, and that gave me energy, but it also has green tea which I don't do well on, so I thought I'd be better off taking "pure" hoodia. GNC prices are a lot higher, too! But if those pills work, I'm willing to give it a try, of course.

Anybody out there who can tell me which brands are really trustworthy??
thanks in advance
Willeke
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 19:04

Plan: None
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hoodia

I have tried several different brands of Hoodia. Each brand has different "suggested dose", amount per capsule, etc. I have tried the Source Naturals brand which you can purchase at most vitamin stores, however it is expensive. Hoodia seems to work extremely well for some people and have zero effect for others, without considering the brand, dose, etc. I have been taking Desert Burn Hoodia- 750mg which i order through www.thebestlittlevitaminshop.com. I have looked at several different brands, prices, and have found that this is the best deal. There is no shipping cost and the total is aprox $22 for 120 capsules. I can say they definitely work for me because, i have tested my hunger with and without under different situations, and i am able to control my binge urges much much easier when i take them. I take 2 capsules 1 hour before BF and 2 capsules 1 hour before dinner.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 19:35

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%

hi Burtonar,
thanks for your input. I found the best little vitamin shop but the price is up to 32 dollars now. Maybe I should try the pure hoodia? I think that for now I'll just go on with the Desert Burn till I finish it, see what it does in the course of next week, and then I'll decide if I go on using this brand or go for a more expensive (better?) brand.
Willeke
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 07:50

BF:
Progress:

Willeke,

Don't give up!

It takes a week or two for the full effect sometimes.

I read this on another board and people are putting the powder in hot liquid - - like teas hot chocolate and so on

it makes them full really fast.

If you go to desertburnindustries.com (i think it is) there are many proofs of desertburn being real. I researched those companies and i believed them. they have a new kind called Hoodia za750. I ordered that one and am waiting for the delivery. I'll tell you what I think.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 07:54

BF:
Progress:

Purehoodia.....i read someone is taking this brand. I read the newstarget.com exposing hoodia scams article and they are the ones - or one of the ones - selling bogus stuff. the company is globebix industires. go to that web site and read about purehoodia, hoodonii and one other (i cna't remember the other one)
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jun-03-05, 09:07

BF:
Progress:
Default Pure Hoodia trademark

this is what I found out about Pure hoodia form the patent office of the US:

Word Mark PURE HOODIA
Goods and Services (ABANDONED) IC 030. US 046. G & S: Processed herb specific type
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78336968
Filing Date December 5, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Zegan, Tom, E CORPORATION NEVADA 30336 Marne Way Menifee CALIFORNIA 92584
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Abandonment Date December 30, 2004

LAST APPLICANT(S)/OWNER(S) OF RECORD
1. Zegan, Tom, E

Address:
Zegan, Tom, E
30336 Marne Way
Menifee, CA 92584
United States
Legal Entity Type: Corporation
State or Country of Incorporation: Nevada
Phone Number: 909 301-4074

GOODS AND/OR SERVICES
International Class: 030
Processed herb specific type
First Use Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)
First Use in Commerce Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

Basis: 1(b)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
(NOT AVAILABLE)

MADRID PROTOCOL INFORMATION
(NOT AVAILABLE)

PROSECUTION HISTORY
2005-02-10 - Abandonment Notice Mailed - Failure To Respond

2005-02-09 - Abandonment - Failure To Respond Or Late Response

2004-09-10 - FAX SENT

2004-06-30 - Non-final action e-mailed

2004-06-29 - Case file assigned to examining attorney

2003-12-31 - New Application Entered In Tram

CORRESPONDENCE INFORMATION
Correspondent
Zegan, Tom, E
30336 Marne Way
Menifee, CA 92584

Phone Number: 909 301-4074

So, why does this company still have the "TM" symbol on their label??? Can anybody explain that to me?

there seems to be a big fight with newstarget.com Mike Adams and Pure Hoodia, Inc.