Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 12:12

Plan: zone, adkins
Stats: 170/164.5/150 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:
Progress:

Hi guys,
I'm about a week in, and not seeing any results, but am willing to stick w/ it. I do notice the dry mouth, now that you mention it. And I think TrimSpa has a diaretic in it... and you know what that means. But, on a good note, I'm not speedy or jumpy. That's a plus!

-f
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 21:41

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

I Have taken the Hoodia for 4 days now. I got on the scales this morning and was down 2 pounds, but I blieve that was because of the Gallon of water I drank yesterday! I, like the post above believe something I am taking has a diaretic effect to it. I'm not taking Trim Spa, so I tend to sway towards the Hoodia. I am also suddenly getting headaches. I am going to continue to use the Hoodia for the month that I have the pills for, we will see after that. If the weight goes down, and the craving go I will purchase more. I am still craving, but I can't blame the hoodia for not changing that because I have read that water relieves that problem if you drink enough. I think I may drink more than enough, and it's not working. But, that is the big hype on the Hoodia also, it is sapose to supress your appetite and stop the cravings, and it has done neither yet. I have not caved into the cravings though, and I won't!
Brenda
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-12-05, 12:36

Plan: hi protein, no sugars
Stats: 145/144/135 Female 68.5inch
BF:hi weight: 170
Progress: 10%

I just started hoodia yesterday (source naturals)....I'll keep you all posted....
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 14:07

Plan: my own
Stats: 180/136/125 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:
Default hootia side effects

Hi--I was using the new trim spa with Hootia in it for about 2 weeks--the stuff works--I had used the original trim spa before and lost over 50lbs. I really wanted to maintain now so just would take 2 a day--but I developed a sun burn like rash all over my body--the dr. said it could be an allergic reaction to something--not sure what so I thought the only new thing I was trying was the trim spa--maybe the hootia or the red dye--not sure--anyone else have any probs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdia1142
Hi, The first message in this forum caught my attn and w/ the exception of "bumps on face" I've not seen any mention of other side effects from Hoodia. My google searches have come up blank too. I think I'm gassier than normal (sorry... but want to get others to share too!) but would like to hear if you have experienced any other side effects. I'm using TrimSpa w/ Hoodia and am not entirely convinced it's working, but I'm only on day 2. I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts. The only pages my searches (besides this) have come up with are the actual manufacturers sites bragging of no side effects. I want real people's reactions!! Many thanks!
-f
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 13:27

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

Hello.

Due to my uncontrollable fruit cravings, and also problems keeping low carb enough to lose anything yet keep from feeling 'blah', I have been taking the Source Naturals Hoodia for a few days.

What I have noticed is a feeling similar to when I used to take Guarana, but a bit less caffeinish. Yes, my appetite is definitely down, and I have quite a hyperactive sort of energy going on, which is odd.

I have been out 3 times already today to buy food for a casserole (kept forgetting things), and am suddenly in the mood for tidying the house.

Anyone else have this effect? I mean, it's nice, but I only take 1 capsule 2-3 times a day, and I'm actually wondering if this stuff is a stimulant. ALso, what happens when it wears off? I mean, when you get used to it and it doesn't have any effect? Am I just going to bloat again?

Loops
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Mar-30-05, 12:01

Plan: zone, adkins
Stats: 170/164.5/150 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:
Progress:

Hi all, I stuck to the hoodia (in Trimspa) for a couple of weeks and genuinely decided it made me hungrier. I would be interested if anyone else had the same experience and if they ever tried another brand that gave them the desired (less hungry) results. ??

thanks!!!!
-f
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 14:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/134/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

I have been taking Trimspa for a couple of months. I was taking 2 in the morning, 1 before lunch and 1 before dinner. It did help some, but not what I was hoping for. As of today, I am taking 2 in the morning, 2 before lunch and 2 before dinner. So far, it DEFINITELY decreases the appetite. I feel more energized, yet relaxed and not jittery. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 14:26

Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

I haven't noticed any side effects, other than decreased appetite.

I have been steadily losing weight -- and am now down to 131 pounds! One more pound to goal! This stuff works for me!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 14:47
Registered Member

Plan: MINE
Stats: 125/123/105 Female i dont know
BF:

Where do u guys get that hoodia thing and how much ?
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 14:52

I buy Desert Burn hoodia from www.thebestlittlevitaminshop.com -- cost is $22.50 for 120 capsules (no shipping and handling).

I take 1 (sometimes 2) capsules per day; the recommended dosage is 6/day. I think the amount you take is very individual -- you want enough to decrease your appetite but no more....
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 14:55
Registered Member

BF:

THANKS SO MUCH BKM. Does it matter what time? before or after meal?

any heart beating fast or being weird sensation. I'm kind of scared to take "diet" pills coz i had been taking some bfore and my heart was pounding like crazy. So i want to know first before i try it.

So, you've been taking this for 4 months i guess?
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 15:02

I take one just as I leave work (around 5:30 PM) -- this has enabled me to eliminate snacking (that was my weak point -- as soon as I arrived home until supper was ready). I also take one just before walking into a restaurant (another weak time for me). A friend of mine (who has only 10 pounds that she wants to lose) is taking 2 just before she leaves work...

I think that you are typically directed to take 2 before each meal (6/day)?

I think you need to get it into your system, then tweak the dosage until you find what works for you -- and I would be careful to not take too many, that may be when side effects (like heart pounding, etc.) appear????

I have absolutely NO side effects.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 15:05
Registered Member

BF:

OKidok, i'll do that .. thanks again and goodluck in your weightloss
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 18:12
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/135/130 Female 5-6
BF:
Progress: 78%

does anyone know if you can take hoodia if you are hypoglycemic?
i know the ephedra type speedy diet pills really messed with me and made me feel like i was going to pass out, i think the speedy stuff makes your sugar drop faster, is hoodia considered another speed diet pill?
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 09:44
Registered Member

BF:

I took hoodia last friday and didn't like it at all. I was dizzy and nauseous. I couldn't sleep that night. bad luck for me i guess...